The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-16-2004, 02:04 AM
Courtier

Location: Trust me you've never heard of it..., United States
The trend in Europe is to down size the royals. Monaco is too small a country to need tons of royals.

Besides they are the ones making the choice and their kids don't want the duties. They see it as Albert's responsibility, and it is. He needs to have a family.

Don't overreact or put words in my mouth.

Old 05-16-2004, 02:25 AM
Commoner

i hope this doesn't get me killed!!! not directed at anyone here!!! just food for thought 'bout what's missing... cuz... i can't figure this one either!!! if i'm 2 far over the line... lemme know!!! not trying 2 make trouble!!! but... being a 17 yr. old true blue outspoken manhattanite by birth... here goooooes!!! something 4 some1 to think about!!! the times i've visited mc in the past with my dad on his business trips... i get the très strong impression that the older natives of mc... e.g., the owners of very old businesses in mc... wonder if they even have une princesse!!! and they're très vocal about that 2!!! some say they don't like la princesse de hannovre or her little sis... when it comes to princess caroline... you can hear the older people using words like dread... temper tantrum... bossy... parvenu... etc... etc... etc... or asking where'd she go!!! does she only show up for the social events??? get the feeling they understand her little sis... they defend her 2!!! but still aren't too très pleased... they wonder why prince albert isn't married with children... older people definitely don't like mc's media image being portrayed as a tax shelter for sleeze... influx of new tax dodgers.... drug dealers... weapons brokers... recent french investigations into mc monies tied to al-qaida... etc... etc... etc... their words... not mine!!! and fbi and french files are just now on the web... babe!!! the really old residents of mc say this downfall began before princess grace died... but don't blame prince rainier or princess grace because of 'unspoken' problems they were dealing with... said they did the best they could... can only guess it might have been health & family problems... many blame princess caroline... said she partied when she could have been picking up the ball... helping her little sis... etc... etc... etc... they really don't like the fact that princess caroline and princess stephanie are lawsuit crazy... with meyrier, fayout, lacoste et al. and prinz et al. cuz... it 'don't' look to nice to have a royal flush of princesses who file 2 many suits!!! and... it really looks bad when princess caroline tries to have the media busted... i.e., arrested... at an nyc hotel after her pgfusa engagement, nyc... when she invited them!!! & i saw that!!! wow!!! & she almost got busted by nypd!!! cuz... she's technically a us citizen!!! that was a trip!!! the princesses need 2 come home... or quit... and the prince needs to get married... at least according to the old-timers of mc who seem to be fed up... & some1 in charge? in mc needs to put out the word that the mc government should belong to mc... instead of being a front for every other country... seeing mc fall would be like seeing nyc lose the mets... but... we lost the dodgers way before i was born... soooo... maybe what's missing is what ya throw out when a principality goes economically global... and finds out royalty and corporations don't mix!!! cuz... outside wealth runs mc banks... if royalty isn't lucrative... some1 will sell it... buy it... own it... control it!!! the sad realities of a global economy...

totally... marianne...
criminal law next yr. @ harvard...

Old 05-16-2004, 04:17 AM
Aristocracy

Marianne, nobody will get you killed! You can say what ever opinion is in your mind! And I enjoyed reading it.
Old 05-16-2004, 04:42 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally posted by Lalla Meriem@May 16th, 2004 - 1:04 am
The trend in Europe is to down size the royals. Monaco is too small a country to need tons of royals.

Besides they are the ones making the choice and their kids don't want the duties. They see it as Albert's responsibility, and it is. He needs to have a family.

Don't overreact or put words in my mouth.
I did not put words in your mouth. You said, with all words, the exact line that they should not be looked at to represent Monaco.

What you just said is your opinion and I respect it. But I don't agree with you. I couldn't care less about trends. Now, I don't think that the family would be huge because I think that the job of "window" should be given to the most interesting and to the natural good looking ones. And I have a very strict sense when it comes to those things. But Monaco is different than most countries. A really important job for their "royals" is to allure the rest of the world. And no family would be "too big" for that.

About Albert, I think that he may end up finding a bad wife just because he's being so preasured by everybody! IMO, only the politic part should be consider Albert's responsability, the rest should be shared between others. I don't care about what the law says, I have my own opinions!
Old 05-16-2004, 07:53 AM
Heir Presumptive

I agree with renats. Carolines and Stephanie's children are part of the family and they take some official functions: Such as Andrea for A.M.A.D.E., Pierre and Charlotte in Fontainebleau in that horse trophy, Pauline, Louis and Camille at the Circus Festival and on their mothers side for several charity events.

So this is the part they take and I can't imagine them to comlain about this. It's part of their lifes, they live with it and they always will...its not that bad at all finally.
Old 05-16-2004, 12:18 PM
Commoner

i'd really hate to have the burdens princess caroline & princess stephanie have... in nyc & 'off duty' princess caroline is really a bashful person... and... sort of ok... when she's not going nuclear... ditto princess stephanie 'off duty' in mc... but not so bashful... i read it this way... they need to take très long vacations... cuz... this royalty biz has made them très paranoid... and i could write books... plural... books about that!!! don't worry!!! not an author!!! don't wanna be!!! but... it really has taken a toll on both... & princess caroline's 3 older kids 2... smallest thing can make princess caroline or princess stephanie go crazy... guess for a good reason... still no excuse for either to act like complete jerks by attacking innocent people for noooooooooo reason other than they think they can get away with it... but can't!!! could write books 'bout that 2!!! & certainly no excuse to hate & blame & avoid each other... or whatever... guess if i'd been seen as a photo item all my life... i'd be très crazy by now 2!!! but... if they wanna live the life... they need to walk the walk... or forget it!!! can't have it both ways!!! my dad said princess caroline was having problems 'becoming older'... megabummer... but... she's still very attractive... and... she's got sort of a sense of humor 2!!! 1 day... i'll be old... if planet earth isn't destroyed b4 then!!! a possibility!!! closing argument... at least she's 'been there'... & few have... better to have been there than never at all... & is there nooooooo solace in this 4 her??? cuz... she can be sooooooooo très cruel in nyc feeling denied & deprived of whatever that i gotta say... 'hay... babe!!! this is nyc!!! stick a sock in it!!!' & get applause 2!!! no kiddin'!!!

totally... marianne...
criminal law next yr. @ harvard...
Old 05-18-2004, 12:32 PM
Gentry

Who are we to deside what they have to do with their lives and their country.
Old 05-20-2004, 09:04 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally posted by Freedom@May 11th, 2004 - 9:39 pm
On one hand, I think the Monegesque royal family has a unique opportunity to foster its public image. This unique opportunity stems from the fact that the family rules over such a tiny domain where there is little internal political, economic, social, and/or territorial strife. From a public relations perspective, this has to be a dream situation. This is why if I were to answer the topic question of what is missing from Monaco/its royal family, I would say the lack of maximizing this gem of a PR situation.
Absolutely. This is exactly my point.

:magic:

Quote:
Stephanie should be able to marry whomever she wants
Yes.

Quote:
Albert should be with whomever he really loves
Yes, but and here comes but, Albert cannot marry whomever he wants.

Quote:
The problem with the Grimaldis is that they have a lot more potential than they use.
Absolutely.

Quote:
Do you think that is creating stress between Caroline, Stephanie, and Albert. Because unless Albert get's married & has children, then Caroline's and Stephanie's children will have to fill roles both sister's don't want their children to have to fill.
They have normal relationship considering difficult situation they are in.
<span style='color:blue'> We can&#39;t stop the rain let&#39;s find the place by the fire. </span>
Old 05-20-2004, 11:59 PM
Royal Highness

What&#39;s missing ?

- stability.
Old 05-21-2004, 08:44 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally posted by King Christian@May 20th, 2004 - 11:59 pm
What&#39;s missing ?

- stability.
Stability of what????
<span style='color:blue'> We can&#39;t stop the rain let&#39;s find the place by the fire. </span>
Old 05-21-2004, 10:51 AM
Royal Highness

a normal family somewhere in there.
Old 05-21-2004, 11:21 AM
Commoner

Define *normal*
Old 05-21-2004, 12:12 PM
Royal Highness

i agree .... in a show-biz setting that Monaco is ..... a *normal* family barely has a chance of existing.

I think Monaco went downhill after the passing of Her Serene Highness Princess Grace. Before, all the attention was focused on her, and now in her absence, all is focused on the ills in that family.

Too bad, all in all. Every-one suffers.
Too bad for Princess Stephanie, that she seems to be prevented from having independence.
Too bad for Prince Albert, that he seems to have decided to hold-off from marriage (btw, is he a mama&#39;s boy?).
Too bad for Princess Caroline, that she has been thrust into the "First Lady&#39;s" role.
Old 05-25-2004, 11:45 AM
Commoner

IMO, Monaco royal family is just normal like any other. The difference is that they are under microscope.

I don’t see what is wrong with Caroline being first lady, IMO she is doing good job. Albert is man as any other and he has right to decide when to marry. HE has difficult job to do, to find the love of his life and the first lady of Monaco. Remember, his wife will marry not only Albert but also Monaco and all responsibility that come with it.
Old 05-25-2004, 11:07 PM
Courtier

I find it interesting that Albert could be called a Mamma&#39;s boy. Most sources say that Albert was almost entirely reared by Rainier after he was 2. He was actually kept away from Grace most of the time as Rainier didn&#39;t want him to become soft and coddled. He was to depend on Rainier for his needs not Grace. One wonders if this may be why Albert is the only normalish one of the children. Grace actually had to ask Rainier to see Albert. When she moved to Paris with the girls she wanted to take Albert and Rainier forbade this.
Old 05-25-2004, 11:07 PM
Courtier

I find it interesting that Albert could be called a Mamma&#39;s boy. Most sources say that Albert was almost entirely reared by Rainier after he was 2. He was actually kept away from Grace most of the time as Rainier didn&#39;t want him to become soft and coddled. He was to depend on Rainier for his needs not Grace. One wonders if this may be why Albert is the only normalish one of the children. Grace actually had to ask Rainier to see Albert. When she moved to Paris with the girls she wanted to take Albert and Rainier forbade this.
Old 05-25-2004, 11:19 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Lalla Meriem&nbsp; Posted: May 25th, 2004 - 10:07 pm

Albert was almost entirely reared by Rainier after he was 2. He was actually kept away from Grace most of the time as Rainier didn&#39;t want him to become soft and coddled. He was to depend on Rainier for his needs not Grace.
Now ... that is something else.

From earlier comments elsewhere, it could be suggested that Albert doesn&#39;t like women. Now, I wonder if Albert picked up on his Father&#39;s likes and dislikes. If it could be argued that Albert doesn&#39;t like women, you mean to say Rainier doesn&#39;t like women ?
Old 05-26-2004, 12:21 PM
Courtier

I certainly think both Albert and his father like women a LOT. I just think that Albert isn&#39;t used to being taken care of by a women so he doesn&#39;t feel that he "needs" a women.

The affection between Grace and Albert was always there. They loved each other very much and spent much time together when he was older. He has her on an incredible pedastal that will difficult for any women to compete with.

He was almost married 2 times and they were, by his own admission, scared off by the postion and the publicity.
Old 05-27-2004, 11:56 PM
Royal Highness

This is an interesting question which has many possible answers.

I think the coverage Princess Stephanie garners tarnishes the image of the family. Everyone is so upset that Crown Prince Felipe married a "divorcee". Stephanie has done so much worse than Letizia. I know Stephanie has the right to live her own life, but she has made some awful decisions such as having affairs with the palace servants--did she really think this wouldn&#39;t get into the newspapers?? I think much of Stephanie&#39;s troubles began with the death of her mother and she is still floundering--it is sad.

Albert is still not married, and I think this makes Rainier upset. I seriously doubt Albert will marry--he is much like Prince Charles on this subject. If Charles had his way, he would never have married.

Princess Caroline has much to deal with in her current husband Prince Ernst. While he made her a royal highness, it has been reported that Ernst has a volatile temper.

This all makes for a very interesting family&#33;
Old 05-28-2004, 12:46 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally posted by renats@May 12th, 2004 - 1:09 am
I think that personal image is more important to Monaco than to the other royal families. Tourism is a very big deal for the country and they have to show beautiful(literally) images of the country and of themselves.

The problem with the Grimaldis is that they have a lot more potential than they use.

Let me talk a little about the 2 things that I was reffering when I said the word "beautiful".

Right now, the "looker" in the family is definetelly Charlotte. And imo, she is NO WAY, NO HOW, the one with the natural good looks in the family. Stephanie and Andrea do not take advantage of their natural beauty. Stephanie is 39. She&#39;s not that old&#33; If the 2 of them took more care of their appearence and were knowed for their ability to dress, they could bring a lot of fascination to Monaco. With the others being the supporters, also having to take care of their appearence more. Not even the kids are looking as good as they could(ok, let&#39;s excuse Pauline of this one because her "problem" is a health treatment).

The second thing are the beautiful pictures. During "Grace&#39;s time", a lot of amazing pictures were produced and liberated to the press(whether they gave or sold them it&#39;s another story). From the past, we have amazing christmans cards, pictures of them preparing their christmans, great official pictures, pictures of them having fun in the gardens of the palace, playing games inside, in roc angel, during vacations, posing for unformal pictures in all of those places and a lot more. What do we have from the present? With a few exceptions, we only have pictures taken in events and paparazzi stuff. How is THAT going to fascinate people?
Well put&#33;