The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-21-2010, 08:36 AM
Aristocracy

Maybe I am old fashioned. Well I guess there is no maybe about it. Monoco needs a first lady. Caroline is great at it, but she it still the sister of the ruler. He needs to marry. Bring glamor and family back to the fore front. I don't know if his sisters problems in there marriages/relationships have scared him. But if he is to rule he needs his "own" family to be beside him. The is my opinion of course.

Old 03-21-2010, 12:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

It would have been awesome if Albert would have married before. Say, at 30 years, more or less. And have his own family. About the glamour...I still think that Albert doesn't marry Charlene because she is not like her mom, or her sister Caroline, full of glamour and charisma. When a person says 'Monaco' it get an instantly picture of glamour, charisma, beautiful women, and fiscal paradise.

Old 03-21-2010, 12:57 PM
Royal Highness

I think it would be wonderful for the Monaco image for Albert to marry and have a family. His sisters, nieces and nephews are wonderful however seeing him with a wife and children would be extra special
Old 03-29-2010, 08:46 AM
Heir Apparent

# 202
The fiscal paradise is finished! PA saw to that.
It may seem romantic to have a slightly dodgy reputation, but Albert (and his father before him) were clever enough to put an end to that.
Reality has prevailed over "image".
Old 05-24-2010, 10:01 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsbugman View Post
Maybe I am old fashioned. Well I guess there is no maybe about it. Monoco needs a first lady. Caroline is great at it, but she it still the sister of the ruler. He needs to marry. Bring glamor and family back to the fore front. I don't know if his sisters problems in there marriages/relationships have scared him. But if he is to rule he needs his "own" family to be beside him. The is my opinion of course.

No question. You are correct.
Old 05-25-2010, 01:14 PM
Heir Apparent

I hate to say it, but I fear we will have to wait for a princess for Albert for a very long time.

This, in my opinion, is the status quo:

PA is now the Sovereign. He has no one breathing down his neck, including family or government. What he says, goes.

He has complete freedom and has had it for many decades. He has an available and compliant girlfriend.

He appears to be grooming the next generation for the eventual takeover, and they seem to be fairly serious players, both as people and as mediatised celebs.

The Monegasques are probably no longer interested in whether he gets married or not, because his lifestyle does not really impinge on their daily lives. They are fairly happy and content because the Principality has not really felt the effects of the economic downturn quie as much as other countries.

So WHY ON EARTH would anyone - in Monaco or the rest of the world - care whether he's single or not???
Old 06-04-2010, 04:16 PM
Royal Highness

Renata4711
This is brilliantly articulated and I doubt that with the definitive manner you have put it anyone can disagree..
Old 06-04-2010, 04:57 PM
Heir Presumptive

I agree with you Renata. Specially in this part:

Quote:
He appears to be grooming the next generation for the eventual takeover, and they seem to be fairly serious players, both as people and as mediatised celebs.

The Monegasques are probably no longer interested in whether he gets married or not, because his lifestyle does not really impinge on their daily lives. They are fairly happy and content because the Principality has not really felt the effects of the economic downturn quie as much as other countries.
Old 06-05-2010, 09:51 AM
Heir Apparent

I forgot to say that Albert must feel doubly happy because, by way of Caroline's return to the fold, he now has his Princesse de Monaco back again, thus sharing many of his representational duties !
Old 06-05-2010, 03:32 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsbugman View Post
Well, i think P. Caroline is the first lady of Monaco, BY BIRTH, BY RIGHT and by dids . She was born in Monaco, daughter of a monegasque souvereign, she knows all about the monegasque cultural, social ( and i dare say ) politic life. She's a glamorous, charismatic woman to whom everyone turns when things needs to be done ( from a simple charity lunch to a major event )... it's her country after all . No other woman will ever be so attached to Monaco as she is and always has been even if married to the souvereign prince. Monaco is just P. Caroline natural element, that's all... She moves in Monaco as a fish in the sea!
Old 06-06-2010, 02:04 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renata4711 View Post
I forgot to say that Albert must feel doubly happy because, by way of Caroline's return to the fold, he now has his Princesse de Monaco back again, thus sharing many of his representational duties !
No doubt. I think Albert should marry for one reason only, his own happiness--not out of duty!

Caroline has played this role for a long time, and she seems pretty comfortable with that now. If Albert finds someone that he might really want to marry one day, I'm sure she would be just fine with that too.
Old 06-07-2010, 07:10 AM
Heir Apparent

I agree, Caroline has no need to play second fiddle to anyone. She's her own woman and has many strings to her bow.

Sorry about the musical allusions...
Old 06-30-2010, 04:11 PM
Nobility

Dignity, Discretion, and Discriminating Tastes

I don't think there is necessarily anything lacking in Monaco. But in the ruling family, it is another story.

For all three of the royal Monagasques - Albert, Caroline, & Stephanie - what is lacking is those three "D's":

Each of them has conceived/borne children out of wedlock, chosen partners of questionable character, and (even with all the good they may do or have done) behaved in a manner that highlights the worst of being born priveleged.

I don't know any of them, haven't met any of them, and willingly admit my knowledge of them is very limited (most coming from media reports and forums such as this). But in terms of admirable people among the world of royalty whom I admire..none of the children of Rainier and Grace would make my list. In fact, and I know this is only highlighting the worst of their lives, they seem no better than the celebutantes/Paris Hilton's of the world.

Albert - fathering at least 2 children (if not more) out of wedlock (soooo stupid when contraception is available) and then choosing to have little or nothing to do with them (even though he may pay their way, that is a deadbeat dad in my book)

Caroline - getting pregnant by your supposed good friend's husband while they are still married. Even if they are having trouble in their married life, there are lots of words for a woman who makes the same choices Caroline did, none of them polite. And now that EA is apparently behaving true to form and screwing around on Caroline, can't say I have much sympathy for her.

Stephanie - I'm sorry that she has faced tragedy in her life...but IMO there is something inherently wrong with her mentally/emotionally. Soooo desparate that she got pregnant not once, but twice (!) by two different men. Not to mention the many others she more than likely slept with.

The entire family is like a pack of wild animals that can't control their libidos. For me, their behavior demonstrates that all the money, power, and supposedly sophisticated upbringing can't guarantee the dignity and elegance that many people who don't have the same advantages demonstrate every day of their lives.
Old 06-30-2010, 04:16 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rascal View Post
Albert - fathering at least 2 children (if not more) out of wedlock (soooo stupid when contraception is available) and then choosing to have little or nothing to do with them (even though he may pay their way, that is a deadbeat dad in my book)
Just to point out, even if all three types of contraception is used, accidents can happen. We have no idea if contraception was used, or if the woman said they were "protected" and they just wanted a kid.

We also have no idea what contact he has with his children, he may speak to them every single day. He may ignore them and just send a check every month.
Old 06-30-2010, 04:30 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Just to point out, even if all three types of contraception is used, accidents can happen. We have no idea if contraception was used, or if the woman said they were "protected" and they just wanted a kid.

We also have no idea what contact he has with his children, he may speak to them every single day. He may ignore them and just send a check every month.
I agree that he may have contact with his children, but - as I said before - I can only address what I know through my own limited knowledge. In media reports (knowing how "reliable" they are) up until her graduation from high school (and maybe not even then if ever) Albert had not met his daughter.

Also, re: your first statement...I agree, we have no way of knowing. I would still say that a prince who is next in line to the throne of his country used extremely poor judgement if he used no protection or if he trusted anyone else telling him they were using protection. Accidents happen with birth control pills, IUD's, condoms...of course. The only one of those that Albert could control and have any level of trust would be condoms. The fact that he fathered two children out-of-wedlock makes it highly unlikely that he took such precautions as the probability of two accidents with two condoms with two different women and the same one man is so astronomically small as to be miraculous. If nothing else, I highly doubt Albert's children are "miracle" births.
Old 06-30-2010, 04:39 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
I agree that he may have contact with his children, but - as I said before - I can only address what I know through my own limited knowledge. In media reports (knowing how "reliable" they are) up until her graduation from high school (and maybe not even then if ever) Albert had not met his daughter.

Also, re: your first statement...I agree, we have no way of knowing. I would still say that a prince who is next in line to the throne of his country used extremely poor judgement if he used no protection or if he trusted anyone else telling him they were using protection. Accidents happen with birth control pills, IUD's, condoms...of course. The only one of those that Albert could control and have any level of trust would be condoms. The fact that he fathered two children out-of-wedlock makes it highly unlikely that he took such precautions as the probability of two accidents with two condoms with two different women and the same one man is so astronomically small as to be miraculous. If nothing else, I highly doubt Albert's children are "miracle" births.
You never know, those two might be the only kids he ever has.

I was just pointing out the other side to the coin.
Like I said, it doesn't have to be Albert that made the mistake of not using protection, if the woman wanted the children and told Albert they were protected, when they weren't. It's not his fault.
Old 06-30-2010, 05:03 PM
Nobility

Quote:

Fact check-he met Jazmin in 2005, on a Christmas trip to Monaco with her mother. Her high school graduation, last month he DID NOT (or presumably anyway-there were no photos of him at any of the events and given he was in Sweden the day before, it's doubtful he attended) attend.
Old 06-30-2010, 05:18 PM
Nobility

Rainier was known as the ''builder prince'' because during his reign Monaco had a very high level of development.And now his children are grown,settled,loved by their people,they occupy themselves with conferences,galas,charities(Stephanie's work for Fight Aids,Caroline's work at AMADE,etc).Not to mention the puplicity they always have(possitive and negative)..They are surely very glamorous..So i really don't think that something is missing from Monaco.

Old 06-30-2010, 05:21 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thtregoddess11 View Post
Fact check-he met Jazmin in 2005, on a Christmas trip to Monaco with her mother. Her high school graduation, last month he DID NOT (or presumably anyway-there were no photos of him at any of the events and given he was in Sweden the day before, it's doubtful he attended) attend.
Hi, Thtregoddess. Thanks for the info. I thought I had read that he may have met Jazmin (still it was in 2005...kind of LOOOONNNNGG wait), but wasn't sure if I imagined it.

Wow, Lumutqueen...wouldn't that be something if Albert and Charlene enjoy a wonderlife of wedded bliss...childless. That would make for an interesting discussion for all of us in a few years LOL!

Like I said, it doesn't have to be Albert that made the mistake of not using protection, if the woman wanted the children and told Albert they were protected, when they weren't. It's not his fault.

Don't mean to be argumentative on this issue, but if either of the mothers had said in the media that Albert told them he was using protection, would you say it wasn't their fault if they got pregnant?

My point is that his 1st mistake was not using protection (EVEN if they said they were). His second (and in my mind bigger mistake) was believing them. A man in his position is irresponsible for believing them when they say they are protected. I wonder if his accountant tells him everything is fine and all of his money is protected and he just believes the accountant.
Old 07-03-2010, 10:21 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Hi, Thtregoddess. Thanks for the info. I thought I had read that he may have met Jazmin (still it was in 2005...kind of LOOOONNNNGG wait), but wasn't sure if I imagined it.

Wow, Lumutqueen...wouldn't that be something if Albert and Charlene enjoy a wonderlife of wedded bliss...childless. That would make for an interesting discussion for all of us in a few years LOL!

Don't mean to be argumentative on this issue, but if either of the mothers had said in the media that Albert told them he was using protection, would you say it wasn't their fault if they got pregnant?

My point is that his 1st mistake was not using protection (EVEN if they said they were). His second (and in my mind bigger mistake) was believing them. A man in his position is irresponsible for believing them when they say they are protected. I wonder if his accountant tells him everything is fine and all of his money is protected and he just believes the accountant.
No problem...I think he had been privately giving her financial support over the years, but had never actually met her until then, and even then it was through his lawyer. And I agree-13 years is a long time to wait.