The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-08-2007, 08:53 AM
Serene Highness

It's good to know the event raised a respectable amount of money. How are AMADE and other charitable causes the family is involved, how are they viewed by other royal families, and is there ever any sort of collaboration between royal houses on charities. Mr. Mandala is a very popular, well respected figure around the world, so I would imagine when he comes calling, most leaders make themselves available to him.

Old 09-08-2007, 11:32 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbhrc View Post
Some facts about the dinner:
- They made about 12 Mio. € (Congratulations!)
- Charlotte's dress is from Dolce & Gabbana
- Charlene's necklace is named Caresse d'Orchidées (Cartier)
- Prince Ernst-August danced with Charlene and Charlotte
all info's from BUNTE Nr. 37
On Monaco Info they are speakng about 1.2 Millions euros.Patchwork with Mandela's silk shirt raised 360 000 euros, if you have a glance on Charlene when Alberts meets Mandela, you'll see a guy behind who helps her... she has to take more lessons for being a princess!
Here's the link; http://cdp.monaco-telecom.mc/videos....ate=2007-09-04 (see breves)
Same info about 1,2 mio euros in newspapers.

Old 09-08-2007, 12:27 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilae View Post
On Monaco Info they are speakng about 1.2 Millions euros.Patchwork with Mandela's silk shirt raised 360 000 euros, if you have a glance on Charlene when Alberts meets Mandela, you'll see a guy behind who helps her... she has to take more lessons for being a princess!
Here's the link; Centre de Presse (see breves)
Same info about 1,2 mio euros in newspapers.
in fact she wanted to go near Albert and type pushed her farther.
in fact I crack jokes.
Old 09-08-2007, 12:57 PM
Nobility

Quote:

Does Bunte specify the amount? I'm with Lilae on this: the auction, according to the local paper, made 1,2 million and ticket sales approximately another 1 million. Where does the other 10 million come from? As far as I know there weren't any other events that could have brought in the money, so how come? Bunte's comma key is not working?
Old 09-08-2007, 01:06 PM
Nobility

Albert didn't dance with Charlene at all.
Old 09-08-2007, 01:57 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:

I read in the site they made about 1,2 millions euros = 1 200 000 euros not 12 000 000 euros !!
1.2 millions is well ...
Portail info Monaco et actualité de Monte Carlo et Monaco
Old 09-08-2007, 02:25 PM

1.2 million euros sounds more realistic, honestly, although I was/would be immensely proud for them if it was 12 million, certainly!
Old 09-08-2007, 03:21 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio View Post
1.2 million euros sounds more realistic, honestly, although I was/would be immensely proud for them if it was 12 million, certainly!
I hope that Nelson Mandela does not read the message because he risks to make a heart attack or to ask or are crossed the other millions
Old 09-08-2007, 03:31 PM
Majesty

Well that's what they wrote, but it could be a mistake, it's BUNTE...
Old 09-08-2007, 03:52 PM
Courtier

There was another event at the Palais no? But we know nothing about it, or how much they raised. It's not likely they raised 8.8 million there, but it was for only ten big donors so it must have rasied a lot! I wish we knew something about it...
Old 09-09-2007, 06:50 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by lckc571 View Post
in fact she wanted to go near Albert and type pushed her farther.
in fact I crack jokes.
The one that pushed her on was Colonel fringant who is responsible for matters of protocol with the prince. Usually they tell in advance where everyone has to stand so that no one has to be told that they are in the wrong place etc. Looks like either Charlene didn't listen or thought she could get around it...
Old 09-09-2007, 07:00 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace View Post
There was another event at the Palais no? But we know nothing about it, or how much they raised. It's not likely they raised 8.8 million there, but it was for only ten big donors so it must have rasied a lot! I wish we knew something about it...
They wouldn't have been able to raise more money with that one as the lunch in the palace was on invitation only and only those were invited who gave a lot before the actual event. It was never determined how much they considered a lot and also nothing else was ever revealed. Also it should be known that you can obtain citizenship if you give a lot of money to a charity supported by the prince. So someone might have just jumped on the opportunity to get a lunch in the palace and citizenship promoted at the same time. Plus meeting Mandela. Now for some rich people that might be a bargain. BUt since nothing was revealed about the lunch and 1.2 mill is the official number, I wouldn't be surprised if it was just friends and family for lunch in the palace with the Mandelas. If it was 1.2 mill as apart from Bunte all reporting revealed, then it was for a Monaco event supported by the Prince a very slim sum. The Event organized by Danielle Thomas (with less participants) to support a hospital in Israel made more money. More even then the red cross last year, if reporting can be trusted. Food for thought?
Old 09-20-2007, 09:56 AM
Majesty

Some articles with pics I have found at AMADE Mondiale (Association Mondiale des Amis de l'Enfance)

Vanity Fair

Gazette - including an interview with Princess Caroline (someone able to translate it )

Paris Match

Nice Matin 2 3 4
Old 09-20-2007, 10:43 AM
Courtier

In the Italian article it says Ernst won at the auction a parure by Repossi (you can see the pic of the necklace); apparently he paid 150000 euros for it. Let's wait for Caro to wear it...
Old 09-20-2007, 02:11 PM
Courtier
TRF Author

Thanks for the clippings, tbhrc ! The interview in the Gazette is the same interview you had posted a while back. I remember translating it at the time, I forget what thread it's in.
Old 09-22-2007, 03:52 AM
Majesty

Oh, thanks iloveroyals.....

Here's the official report from AMADE, and it states that they made about 1,2 million €, so Bunte was wrong again, There will be a picture gallery soon, so I hope to see more great pics....

Amade Mondiale - United for a better world

An historical event rallied in the Principality of Monaco the former south-african President and Nobel Prize, Mr. Nelson Mandela, and H.S.H. Prince Albert II.
On 1st september, the Sovereign Prince and our President, H.R.H. The Princess of Hanover, received Mr. Mandela at the Princely Palace for a private lunch.
The next day, a big Gala dinner held in the Salle Empire of the Hôtel de Paris. Around Prince Albert II and Mr. Mandela, almost 300 guests have paid a 3.500 Euros amount to attend this special fundraising evening, to the benefit of Nelson Mandela's charities and AMADE Mondiale.

Prestigious guests...

Many international dignitaries travelled to Monaco on that occasion. American Academy Award-nominated actress Alfre Woodard served as the Master of Ceremonies. Among the guests, Morgan Freeman and Naomi Campbell were present, as well as Shirley Bassey, Victoria Silvstedt, and Petra Nemcova.
The evening was animated thanks to the presence of Bono, Wyclef Jean and Jimmy Cliff, and the south-african artists Dozi and Siphiwo Ntshebe. Each one of them performed on stage, for the great pleasure of their one-night audience. In a relaxed atmophere, the artists joined together on stage for a very successfull musical ad-lib.
The Princely Family and the monegasque Government were present through H.S.H. Prince Albert II, H.R.H. The Princess of Hanover, H.R.H. Prince Ernst-August of Hanover, Charlotte Casiraghi, H.E.M. Jean-Paul Proust and Stéphane Valéri. Queen Noor of Jordania, Paul Allen, Lady Monika Del Campo Bacardi, Georges Marsan, Mgr Barsi and Michel Pastor also attented this special event.

... together for the unprivileged children

The funds raised by this Gala are destinated to the Nelson Mandela Foundation, the Nelson Mandela Children's Fund and the Mandela Rhodes Foundation. AMADE Mondiale too has the privilege to be part of the beneficiaries.
The auction held during the evening was handled by Sotheby's, and allowed to raise around 1,2 million Euros. The items auctioned have been donated by Nelson Mandela and by H.S.H. Prince Albert II.
Some of the items were: a beautiful hand-made quilt containing off-cuts of Mr. Mandela's famous silk-shirts; Wayne Rooney's soccer boots; drumheads signed by Carlos Santana; one of the original vests weared by Carl Lewis when winning an Olympic gold medal; a framed photograph of Mohammed Ali and Mr. Mandela, signed by Mr. Mandela; two watches donated by the Sovereign Prince; a painting of Prince Albert II and Mr. Mandela, donated by Stéfanie Van Zyl; a piece of jewellery donated by Repossi jewellers, composed of a necklace, a ring and earrings.
AMADE Mondiale is proud to receive a part of the funds raised by this event, in order to support its programmes for the worldwide children.
Old 09-22-2007, 08:14 AM
Serene Highness

Considering the support they were given and in comparison to other charities in Monaco who received less support. That wasn't much. Also considering that there was the lunch for big donors. For Monaco standards it failed.
Old 09-22-2007, 10:45 AM
Aristocracy

What is the average amount?
Old 09-23-2007, 01:08 AM
Nobility

They made two million dollar for Blue Auction.
Old 11-01-2007, 07:05 AM
Majesty

Just a few more party pics:

http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/7739...DB5E513DF35D3E
http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/7739...7670A35AA068E5
http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/7739...9750C34A58A58F
http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/7739...71C09CA4C737AC
http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/7739...377C2DED3E0366

http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/7739...233DC10FE96C6F
http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/7739...090E9D1A9FE221
http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/7739...6984DDB17FBA4F
http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/7739...AE591EB3BBB596