Unite for a better World - Monaco - Sep. 1st - 2nd, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would not think it was an event that was inappropriate for the Grimaldi's to host. I really think that some of the people who attended would not have attended this event if they didn't think it was a worthy cause and legit. Queen Noor is royalty, and it was nice to see her there. However, some of the people who brought some clout to the event looked sidelined. And although I think this is an event Albert would have liked to host no matter who he might be dating or not, it still really smacks of an opportunity to promote his girlfriend, as if she would be at an event like this, if it was something other than being there by the courtesy of Prince Albert, and for that reason only (imo).

It's just my guess (of course), that Nelson Mandela meets many people and might have met Charlene with the other SA Olympic athletes that have represented SA on some occasion. But, I did not think it appeared that Charlene shared any kind of special relationship with the Mandela's. Again Charlene is being imposed as if she is in a position more important than she is, and having her pose on the other side of Mrs. Mandela is inappropriate - Mrs. Mandela's body language suggest she thinks so too (jmo). Charlene appearing with the Grimaldi family, especially with the Guests of Honor - which I think discounts any importance to them, is just bad protocol and makes the Grimaldi's look like amatures (IMO). Bill Clinton is also a past President - If Albert was still dating his American Olympic girlfriend Alicia (spelling?). Does anyone think it would have been appropriate to see her by Hillary's side (even if she was not a senator)? Or that, that would have even been a possibility?

<Removed comment that belong in Albert and Charlene's Relationship thread>
<Removed reference to PA's children.>

Actually I thought they all looked nice, and I appreciate that Caroline seemed to be th only one at the event dressed modestly, besides Queen Noor and Mrs. Mandela, most of the other guest in their strapless push-ups? I think Caroline's dress was nice and appropriate to the theme of the event. (IMO)

Last edited by a moderator:
she looks fabulous!
does anybody know the designer of the dress?

I also thought contrarily to others that caro did look chic.

CW looked like her own version of Vanna White[compliment]
But I do agree Caro looked smashing. She always does.

I also thought contrarily to others that caro did look chic.

CW looked like her own version of Vanna White[compliment]
But I do agree Caro looked smashing. She always does.

I did notice that Stephanie was absent which I found odd as she is head of Aids Monaco and aids is a huge problem in SA. It might have been nice to have her there since she also represents humanitarian issues. Andrea seems to be missing from Monaco most of the summer too and I would have thought me might have been in attendance since Pierre was in SA with his Mother.

Thanks Char Lou. Nice video:) But he doesn't look very happy with her . . . Did you notice that nobody is interested in them? They live a quite normal life . . .

yeah it seems but have you read his lips when they are siting next each other i think he says F"#$"% you cuz he knows someone it's recording them LOL well it seemed to me (sorry about my english)

OMG that pic is awasome!!! she looks like a princess she looks so elegant ONCE AGAIN I LOVE HER!, does anybody know if there is an agency where i can get those pics?, when did that mandela's party took place?

yeah it is gettyimgaes.com if you type charlotte casiraghi in the serach box.

I did notice that Stephanie was absent which I found odd as she is head of Aids Monaco and aids is a huge problem in SA. It might have been nice to have her there since she also represents humanitarian issues. Andrea seems to be missing from Monaco most of the summer too and I would have thought me might have been in attendance since Pierre was in SA with his Mother.

I had originally thought it would be nice for Caroline's boy's to be there too, but then I realized that if Andrea is in school in NY, I'm quite sure classes have started already. And Pierre, I don't know about other countries schedules for studies? I guess Charlotte can make it back to Paris quick enough? If that might be a reason they did not attend? I am guessing they could make arrangements to meet Nelson Mandela at another time also.

I also thought it would have been very nice to have Stephanie at this event, I was surprised not to see her there. I have always wondered why she did not meet with someone like Bono & others that were frighting the same cause? It would seem like something she might like to do? Jaya, I think we are on the same page about Caroline. I'm no prude, but I really thought there was too much cleavage for the evening's event? I guess that is why I thought Caroline was kind of refreshing. She never looks like she is trying too hard and she seems to take time to consider the theme and the appropriateness of the event. The other women seem to think every party is just that? For this particular event, I even thought Charlene was showing a little too much fair colored skin above her dress, (if that's possible:)I'm in the same camp here), but she even looked understated compared to most of the others. Hibou, I also think Petra is a gem, she just glows from the inside. Although, even her dress had too much cleavage for the evening, other than that, she is so lovely, her heart just seems to always show through (imo). But can one of you tell me who was in the pink dress? Was that the one Albert dated? Seeing how she was dressed, I was guessing that might be the one?:) Anyway, I thought it was a bit much. Naomi too, the same bombshell style dress??

I had originally thought it would be nice for Caroline's boy's to be there too, but then I realized that if Andrea is in school in NY, I'm quite sure classes have started already. And Pierre, I don't know about other countries schedules for studies? I guess Charlotte can make it back to Paris quick enough? If that might be a reason they did not attend? I am guessing they could make arrangements to meet Nelson Mandela at another time also.

I also thought it would have been very nice to have Stephanie at this event, I was surprised not to see her there. I have always wondered why she did not meet with someone like Bono & others that were frighting the same cause? It would seem like something she might like to do? Jaya, I think we are on the same page about Caroline. I'm no prude, but I really thought there was too much cleavage for the evening's event? I guess that is why I thought Caroline was kind of refreshing. She never looks like she is trying too hard and she seems to take time to consider the theme and the appropriateness of the event. The other women seem to think every party is just that? For this particular event, I even thought Charlene was showing a little too much fair colored skin above her dress, (if that's possible:)I'm in the same camp here), but she even looked understated compared to most of the others. Hibou, I also think Petra is a gem, she just glows from the inside. Although, even her dress had too much cleavage for the evening, other than that, she is so lovely, her heart just seems to always show through (imo). But can one of you tell me who was in the pink dress? Was that the one Albert dated? Seeing how she was dressed, I was guessing that might be the one?:) Anyway, I thought it was a bit much. Naomi too, the same bombshell style dress??

Pierre did met with Nelson Mandela when he was visiting Africa last time with his mother...

Everybody looked wonderful! I was disappointed in the amount of celebrities at the gala and I hope that those who did attend gave enough to help these charitable foundations. I think the timing was not the best just following the Gala de la Croix Rouge and the Aids Gala. But I do appreciate Prince Albert's and Princess Caroline's involvement in this event and I hope it was a success.

I think everyone looked magnificent, particularly Charlotte and Princess Caroline. I liked this gown of Caroline's MUCH better than I did the Red Cross Ball's silver production, also her skin and makeup looked great.

If Charlotte isn't one of the most beautiful young women in aristocratic Europe I don't know who is. Hopefully she did not bring Alex Dallal...but I get the feeling he was lurking around somewhere. Yuck!

I think everyone looked magnificent, particularly Charlotte and Princess Caroline. I liked this gown of Caroline's MUCH better than I did the Red Cross Ball's silver production, also her skin and makeup looked great.

If Charlotte isn't one of the most beautiful young women in aristocratic Europe I don't know who is. Hopefully she did not bring Alex Dallal...but I get the feeling he was lurking around somewhere. Yuck!

Absolutely agree Charlotte put the glamor back in Monaco at this gala!!

This event, for me, shows Charlotte reflecting a young Grace Kelly in a Mediterranean version. The way her head is tilted, her prominent cheekbones, the overall persona, her regal bearing reminded me of Grace in her earlier Hollywood years, when she had a fuller face and figure.

Do you have seen the new Charlotte photos? at the Nelson Mandela Gala Dinner in Monaco.. ?¿

This is not a thread for discussing Albert and Charlene's Relationship or Alex or Jazmin. As a result, some post have been edited or removed. Remember, the discussion is about a charity event.

Mandy
Monaco Moderator

:flowers:On Hola on line there are the pictures of Caroline and Charlotte at the party for Nelson Mandela. Caroline is wearing the same dress she wore in Rome for the party of Valentino, but her hair is different. Charlotte is gorgeous.

MÓNACO SE VISTE DE GALA PARA HOMENAJEAR A NELSON MANDELA

Last edited:
That dress barely fits up top; surprising.

:flowers:She is gorgeous. She also looks very happy.

Charlotte looked absolutely stunning at the gala in Monaco. She is truly a beautiful woman. If she would stop looking so grunge all the time, I think she just might rival her mother in beauty.

As for the video...I'm sorry but Alex is so not attractive. She could do so much better. And he really does not even look that in to her. I think she is just a notch in his belt.

She is really beautiful but her way of dressing is really awful!!!

yes biboquinhas, she is so beautiful but in my opinion, she too often looks like she is wearing clothes not suitable for a young girl, and then too much black, grey...

This event, for me, shows Charlotte reflecting a young Grace Kelly in a Mediterranean version. The way her head is tilted, her prominent cheekbones, the overall persona, her regal bearing reminded me of Grace in her earlier Hollywood years, when she had a fuller face and figure.

I agree that her presence and looks reflects her heritage, but not in anything else. She does not have her grandmother's or her mother's essence. She is clearly bored at this event. She doesn't seem to be interested in what's going on. This is something you never saw with Grace or Caroline, who always made people around them feel special. Charlotte brings a disinterested haughtiness to the air. It's very disturbing, actually. How can you be in the same room with the Mandelas and be so bored?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom