The Stamps Of Monaco

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've just find a great stamps of Princess Grace and her Children !:)
(I hope anyone had ever post it !!:eek: )

(Source: Profimedia)

Attachments

• Sans titre92.jpg
    Sans titre92.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 569
Just two more stamps..................:)

(source own collection)

Attachments

• 02.bmp
    58.5 KB · Views: 327
  • 01.bmp
    50.9 KB · Views: 281
I found these tonight being a lover of stamps and anything Monaco to me this is a very cool find. Great cars and fashion as well as a paradise of style.

Note:
During a transition period in 2000-2001 all Monegasque stamps had two denominations, in Francs, and in Euro. Beginning in 2002 their only denomination is in Euro.

It is beyond all doubt, that Albuisson likes veteran cars :) Just look at this wonderful set of seven beautiful cars, combined with the fashion of their time, issued in 2000.​

Ranging from the Humber in 1911 to the Lamborghini Countach 1946, they are all sophistication beyond description.​

Design by Merot and engravings by Albuisson.​

• Monaco 2000. Veteran Cars combined with Fashion of Their Time.
monaco2000-humber-01-small.jpg

Humber 1911, Type Beeston

monaco2000-ferrari-05-small.jpg

Ferrari F1 - 1989

monaco2000-fiat-06-small.jpg

Fiat 600 Jolly 1966

monaco2000-jaguar-02-small.jpg

Jaguar 1947

monaco2000-citroen-07-small.jpg

Citroën C4F Autochenille 1929

monaco2000-RollsRoyce-03-small.jpg

Rolls Royce Silver Cloud 1956

monaco2000-lanborghini-04-small.jpg

Lamborghini Countach 1986

More to follow from this site its loaded with Monaco yummies. I'll take the Rolls Royce Silver Cloud 1956. A man who had just brought flowers to my Mom and I dated his son I asked would he take me for a drive in his new car sitting in our drive. No help yourself the keys are under the mat on the drivers side. I thought the man was crazy but did I argue? No way and Mom was on my rear out the door for the ride. She had no idea where the wiper switch was watch out where I was going don't I dare hit anything. It was a special ordered Rolls with less than a hundred miles. What an experience better then being thrown in the back of a limo as a kid to me to drive that. My parents loved the limo putting the window up they didn't have to hear the 'he's touching me.'

All photo's from http://albuissonstamps.heindorffhus.dk/frame-EN-Monaco2000-2005.htm

Last edited:
For the International Stamp Exhibition in Madrid 2000, this stamp was issued, showing the front of the Principal Post Office of Madrid, with the sculpture of "The Bear and the Strawberry-Tree" [Arbutus Unedo L.].

A very nice and well done stamp with a lot of good humour.
Monaco 2000. International Stamp Exhibition in Madrid.
monaco2000-WorldExhibitMadrid-small.jpg

monaco2001-David-large.jpg

In 1501, when Michelangelo was only 26 years old, he returned to Florence after a long absence. There he produced two free-standing sculptures, the Madonna and Child (1501-1505, Notre Dame, Bruges). The major work of this period is the colossal (4.34 m/143 ft) marble David (1501-1504, Accademia, Florence). Stamp design by Irio-Ottavio Fantini, engraving by Albuisson. The Old Testament hero is depicted as a lithe, naked youth, muscular and alert, looking into the distance as if sizing up the enemy Goliath, whom he has not yet encountered. When sculpting this statue Michelangelo is quoted to have expressed that
"When I saw this piece of marble, I knew immediately that David was inside. My job would be to cut the excess marble away to reveal him".

The statue, which symbolized the fortitude of the Florentine republic, originally stood in the Piazza della Signoria in front of the Palazzo Vecchio, the Florentine town hall. (A copy now stands in the piazza.)

The fiery intensity of David’s facial expression exemplifies the terribilità (emotional intensity) that is characteristic of many of Michelangelo’s figures and of his own personality, and the whole figure demonstrates his mastery of the male nude.

Monaco 2001. Michelangelo: David​
From the site I couldn't pass up what was written with it. I love art, beauty and life of our past to say where we come from. Where all of us come from. We owe so much to our ancestors and we don't always give them create when they are the ones who gave each of us life from their being. Its up to us to be sure our children and theirs have a world to live in where they can breath in the sun light and smell flowers blooming in a field where the deer roam freely and the children play. LadyMac

Let me know if you saw any of these I don't recall them.

monaco2002-Goudronnage-medium.jpg

Monaco 2002. Centenary of the first attempt of Tar Roads in 1902. The engineer was the Italian scientist Dr. Guglielminetti

monaco2003-AlexanderFleming.jpg

Monaco 2003. Discovery of the Penicillin in 1928 by Sir Alexander Fleming.​

monaco2003-DiscoveryDna.jpg

Monaco 2003. 50th anniversary of the discovery of DNA.

monaco2003-HectorBerlioz.jpg

Monaco 2003. Bicentenary of Birth of the French composer Hector Berlioz (1803-1869) Design and engraving by Albuisson (See also the Berlioz-stamp, Monaco 1987). The link will open in a new window.

monaco2005-AdhesionConseilEurope-small.jpg

Monaco 2005. Monaco's admission to the European Council. Design and engraving by Albuisson. Scan © Pierre Albuisson.

monaco2005-Brugnatelli-small.jpg

Monaco 2005. Luigi Valentino Brugnatelli (1761-1818). Inventor of the case-hardening of metals in 1805. Design by Fantini, engraving by Albuisson. Scan © Pierre Albuisson.

monaco2005-FrankWillardLibby-small.jpg

Monaco 2005. Frank Willard Libby (1908-1980). Detects the dating by Carbon 14 in 1947, and Nobel Laureate in Chemistry 1960. Design by Fantini, engraving by Albuisson. Scan © Pierre Albuisson.

More to come stamp fans from http://albuissonstamps.heindorffhus.dk/frame-EN-Monaco2000-2005.htm and me posting them. Hope you enjoy them as much as I did not only finding them but sighing over their beauty.

Monegasque patron saint, Sainte Dévote

I saw the beauty of these stamps right away wanted to make a separate post for them.
Monaco 2003. A set of four stamps depicting the Monegasque patron saint, Sainte Dévote, and her life story. These stamps were also issued in a bloc of 8 stamps, two of each design. Design by De la Patelière, engravings by Pierre Albuisson.

Attachments

• monaco2003-StDevote1-small.jpg
    monaco2003-StDevote1-small.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 1,115
  • monaco2003-StDevote2-small.jpg
    monaco2003-StDevote2-small.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 1,180
  • monaco2003-StDevote4-small.jpg
    monaco2003-StDevote4-small.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 1,109
  • monaco2003-StDevote3-small.jpg
    monaco2003-StDevote3-small.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 1,069
Last edited:
Post Card

I realize this thread is for stamps however I came across these post cards and wanted to add it to the collection of postal material people collect. I hope no one minds. I would be happy to see more post cards from there if anyone should have any. Corbis

Attachments

• U1304357INP.jpg
    U1304357INP.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 528
  • 42-15142011.jpg
    42-15142011.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 555
  • AAKS001462.jpg
    AAKS001462.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 560
  • QG001548.jpg
    QG001548.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 562
Last edited:
New photo's I uploaded to my own site tonight
Booklet of 10 postage-stamps “ECOPLI” with permanent validity Date of issue : July 12, 2005
CarnetBlasonvertAG.jpg

May 3, 2004 50th ANNIVERSARY OF THE GRIMALDI ORDER

ordre_grimaldi01_big.jpg
TimbreOlympicAG.jpg
TimbreJumpingAG.jpg
Xth International Monte-Carlo Jumping
TimbreMagicStarAg.jpg
20th Monte-Carlo Magic Stars Date of issue: September 5, 2005

Office des Emissions de Timbres Poste de Monaco

Grenoblein1968.jpg

commemorate the Winter Olympics held in Grenoble in 1968. Ebay

LotImg28391.jpg
LotImg28390.jpg
Post marked 1952.The stamps show Princess Charlotte and Prince Rainier III - Red Cross stamps.
LotImg28487.jpg
A Semi-Postal (Charity) stamp from Monaco issued in 1914
LotImg29894.jpg

stamps.jpg
MONACO 1955 Albert Schweitzer Scweitzer topical, Medicine, etc. A key Monaco issue. MLH, private collection

Andersons Fairy Tales on stamps 1980 jv.gilead.org

Do they have a mailing system in Monaco? Im not trying to be funny - i love the Grimaldis and Monaco!!!!- I mean the country is tiny-- they could have a focal point where all the mail is picked up?

Do they have a mailing system in Monaco? Im not trying to be funny - i love the Grimaldis and Monaco!!!!- I mean the country is tiny-- they could have a focal point where all the mail is picked up?
Yes, they do and they use the French Postal Service guidelines.

Yes, they do and they use the French Postal Service guidelines.
There is a convention for post, telephone etc. from 1963
This is a stamp on an envelope I received advising to those convention and ther article
(other articels regarding human rights etc..)
postale.jpg

Beautiful photo of Grace, used also for the Grace Kelly exhibition

The Prince's Stamp Collection / Monaco's Stamp Issues

Prince Albert II of Monaco inherited the Grimaldi Stamp Collection from his father Prince Rainier III. The collection was originally started by Albert I.

Monaco is world-famous for its stamp issues, stamp exhibitions, and the Stamp and Coin Museum.

The "Office des Emissions de Timbres-Poste" (Stamp Issuing Office of Monaco) is part of the Monaco Government.
Office des Emissions de Timbres Poste de Monaco

The "Musée des Timbres et des Monnaies" (Stamp and Coin Museum) is also part of the Monegasque Government and is at Fontvieille.

The annual philatelic Fair MonacoPhil is taking place in Monaco between December 4th and 6th.

Some of the rarest stamps in the world are on show; they come from the collections of Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Albert II of Monaco.

For youngsters, there is a special game which will give them the chance to win some stamps to start (or complete) their own stamp collections.

MonacoPhil : les philatélistes se postent sur le Rocher ! | Portail info Monaco

Website of the exhibition: http://www.monacophil.eu/

The postal administrations of many countries are represented at MonacoPhil:
http://www.monacophil.eu/site-en/administrations.asp

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom