The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-05-2009, 11:37 PM
Courtier

The Paparazzi and the Royal Family of Monaco

I was looking at this article that said Brad & Angelina Jolie may have moved to France because of their strict ("medieval" was the term used) laws concerning photographing children. In the article they mentioned Monaco's Royal family, but it still left me slightly confused. Supposedly they have to blur the faces of celebrity children, but there are pictures of Caroline, Albert, and Stephanie as children, along with pictures of their own children as they have grown up. So do French laws not also apply to Monaco? The article made it sound as if they should, and yet there is evidence that prove otherwise. Or maybe I just don't understand it. Can someone please clear this up for me kindly? Thank you.

Old 07-06-2009, 06:25 AM
Heir Apparent

Well, I don't think that France has the sricest laws, concerning photographing children. Paparazzi are always on their guard and ready to catch any photo of a Royalty person.
As for the Monaco laws, they are different from French one, as Monaco is a small country.
Please, send your article in the forum, will you?

Old 07-07-2009, 01:32 AM
Courtier

FOXNews.com - Tough Paparazzi Laws in France Could Benefit Brangelina - Celebrity Gossip | Entertainment News | Arts And Entertainment

Quote:
PARIS — Perhaps Brangelina chose southern France for its blue skies, vineyards and the availability of an estate with a moat. But there's another reason the world's most famous expecting couple was smart to come here: French law is tough on paparazzi, especially when it comes to snapping photos of children.
That could come in handy after the birth of Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt's twins — particularly if they hope to sell rights to the first baby pictures for millions.