The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-03-2006, 12:56 PM
Courtier

It must be a very good lifestyle, can u imagine? glamour,by the pool,in the palace, in the most cool places, famous, princess
If I was a princess like Steph, I'm sure I would be soooooooooo happy

Old 01-03-2006, 04:56 PM
Royal Highness

It's so nice to see those pics of family gathering during Easter holidays..Those kind of photos are pretty rare, so Michelle thank you for sharing with us! And great Stephanie's photo too..Summer spirit in this winter days..:)

Old 01-03-2006, 11:07 PM
Nobility

does anyone have a pic of the facade of the palace that faces the garden/pool? all we see are pics of the garden but not the appearance of the palace walls. thanks :)
Old 01-04-2006, 04:55 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula**
It must be a very good lifestyle, can u imagine? glamour,by the pool,in the palace, in the most cool places, famous, princess
If I was a princess like Steph, I'm sure I would be soooooooooo happy
Glamour, richness and fame is nothing to envy for. All that matters is to be content with what you have. They are probably not happier than you and I. They are annoyed with the paparazzi who only comes with fame. Money leaves them only wanting more. Glamour can anyone have. And being a princess is only a profession. Like being a nurse or a caretaker.
D
Old 01-04-2006, 09:57 AM
Serene Highness

dont u think it takes more to be a nurse or a caretaker than a princess? think of all the knowledge u posses as a health care professional vs princess? its almost common place for a prince to take a commoner as a wife.
Old 01-04-2006, 11:21 AM
Aristocracy

Well, being a princess you have to have extensive knowledge of holiday places where you can have privacy. You have to know the names of all the presidents and kings and queens, in case you bumped into them unprepared. You have to know where every country is on earth and every capital. This probably takes a few weeks to learn. It takes four years to become a nurse so I guess that is more difficult. Besides being a nurse you have to be able to see blood and bodily vessels everywhere.

Then again being a princess you have to be able to entertain yourself since you have to be cooped up in your home most of the time, can't go out for a walk if you feel like it, have to go everywhere in a car, can't go browsing in the shops, have to be careful to which hairdresser you go to and which beauty salon, somewhere they don't gossip about you.

If you are a princess you need a hard shell so you won't get hurt everytime they print a bad picture of you and print an article about how miserable you are. A hard shell probably takes many years to acquire.

So the outcome is probably even or a tie, however you say it. Except I think it is a lot more fun to be a nurse. At least you get to be around normal people.
Old 01-04-2006, 11:32 AM
Majesty

Believe me it is fun to be a nurse, but I guess it is also great and entertaining to be a princess....
Old 01-04-2006, 11:41 AM
Serene Highness

I like your humour Donna. But Ithink that the hardest part about being a princess is, that there is no job description. There are a lot of opinions of w you should be like, but actually nobody ever wrote down how you actually do have to fill your days. how you eventually fill them depends probably on what you have inside your head and your heart. If both are empty you will fill your days with shopping, manicure and whatever other nonsense there is to preserve the beauty of your shell for a few years. Those will be inevitably followed by more or less talented plastic surgeons. If both of them are full, 24 hours per day will seem a very short time for all the good you can do and want to do, looking after your children, your husband and your country, perfecting your language skills etc etc. Of course if you have a husband that prefers type 1 when you are type 2 and vice versa, you might encounter some serious problems, though I think as type 2 you will still be better off and in that case you will have just as much fun as a nurse, because you can chose to a degree the people you want to be around, you can change your role anyway you like, whereas a nurse will always look after more or less sick people.
Old 01-05-2006, 06:23 AM
Aristocracy

Well said, Paca. You are so wise.

One thing bad about being a nurse, you always have to wear the same boring white uniform where as a princess you get to wear all different colours. You can even be eccentric and people will forgive you.
Old 01-05-2006, 06:27 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbhrc
Believe me it is fun to be a nurse, but I guess it is also great and entertaining to be a princess....
If it is so entertaining, why did the Queen mother of England always have to have her glass(es) of sherry to make it through the day?
Old 01-05-2006, 07:34 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna
If it is so entertaining, why did the Queen mother of England always have to have her glass(es) of sherry to make it through the day?
Because as an old Queen, she could do whatever she wanted, and get away with it. :)
Old 01-05-2006, 07:36 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Well said, Paca. You are so wise.

One thing bad about being a nurse, you always have to wear the same boring white uniform where as a princess you get to wear all different colours. You can even be eccentric and people will forgive you.
Thanks Donna.

but you know even if you have to wear the same uniform all the time, at least people don't pick on you for what you are wearing. ANd that uniform transpires confidence to people, even if you are just starting. And believe me there are heaps of men out there who think a nurse in uniform is much more sexy than a princess dressed up to the ninths Oh and another thing, palaces are usually pretty drafty places where you easily catch cold ( I can tell you when I was there the MC palace was freezing cold), where as in hospitals you recover from those and worse illnesses and they are snug and warm.
Old 01-05-2006, 09:17 AM
Aristocracy

Yes, you told us about the draft. Unbelievable that they didn't warm up the reception room before you arrived. Who is in charge here??? They should have served hot toddy to warm you up, instead of cold wine. And hot finger food instead of sweet cookies! And plenty of it! And warm blankets to cover you up. And light the fire. You could all have sat down in front of the fire wrapped in blankets and sung old scout songs (no choir hymns of course). How cosy and beautiful!
Old 01-05-2006, 09:21 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
My long since dearly departed Great Grandmother had the same, except she used to tell us kids it was her daily "medicine"...:p
Old 01-05-2006, 09:37 AM
Aristocracy

It is a medicin, in a way, for the nerves. :) Like red wine for the blood.
Old 01-16-2006, 11:32 PM
Serene Highness

does anyone have any pics of the ball room?
Old 02-14-2006, 01:26 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by semisquare
does anyone have any pics of the ball room?
I had a photo I think is of the Ball room with Princess Grace but haven't found it yet. Will keep looking.
Old 02-16-2006, 07:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

These pictures are all awesome! I often wondered what the palace was like on the other sides (you always only see pics of the front of it). I had no idea there was so much lush green around it... and the "multi layers". That round thing where Albert is standing next to gives it more of a 'castle' look. Wonder what they keep in those round parts.
Old 02-18-2006, 12:54 AM
Heir Presumptive

I know these have been posted in one form or another but not in the orginal article. I also have photo's from the photo shoot of Albert I will post in his picture thread that I haven't seen together and some not at all or don't recall seeing them posted. Monaco Palace in VSD, Michel Setboun

Old 02-18-2006, 02:14 AM
Heir Presumptive

Michel Setboun