The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-21-2005, 03:15 PM
Majesty

And the rest from Bruno Press

Old 10-21-2005, 03:20 PM
Aristocracy

Whose bedrooms are those?

Lady Tropical Paradise; this is an especulative site, and we are here because we have time to spare, my opinions and yours, are just that and nobody will get hurt if we express them. Have a great life.
Old 10-21-2005, 03:24 PM
Majesty

I'm not sure, the caption says: Louis XV Chamber, so i guess it's a guest room or something like that.
Old 10-21-2005, 03:48 PM
Aristocracy

thanks, the red bedroom maybe was R & G since I heard they used to have a crucifix at the head of the bed
Lady Tropical Paradise; this is an especulative site, and we are here because we have time to spare, my opinions and yours, are just that and nobody will get hurt if we express them. Have a great life.
Old 10-21-2005, 03:51 PM
Majesty

Oh, the red one is called Chambre d'York or York Chamber. Maybe it was theirs? Don't know.
Old 10-21-2005, 05:11 PM
Courtier

Those pics are from the area of the Palais that is open to the public, so noone actually uses those bedrooms; they are just historical because the Duke of York or Louis XV happened to sleep there. The private area of the Palace where the Family lives is closed to the public and much more modern...

Kisses
Old 10-21-2005, 10:58 PM
Serene Highness

those pics are so amazing, thx tbhrc
Old 10-22-2005, 12:02 AM
Heir Presumptive

They are great photo finds. I saw a photo of Grace supposedly taken in her bedroom sitting on the floor those aren't the rooms. You can see them in a video America's Castles: Prince's Palace in Monaco. For American's check your local library they should have it. Its also shown on A&E once in a while its their's on VHS.
Old 11-16-2005, 08:43 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanwix
Whatever happened to the private zoo that was located below the Palace in the rocky, cliff area? There was a problem with it years ago but I'm sure conditions were improved.
Is it still there or was it closed?
It is still there. They have done some construction, but it doesn't make more space . Nowadays they have mainly small monkeys a few pet animals(goats etc). But they don't really have a lot of large animals. There's a hippo, a dromedar, a white tiger, a panther and 2 lepards (if I remember correctly). But those are really the largest animals there. If any of those should die, I doubt that they would be replaced.
Old 11-19-2005, 07:09 AM
Courtier

For those in the USA, the Biography Channel is showing the Mansions and Monuments episode of "Palaces of Princess Grace" at 11 am EST/10 CST TODAY. It was done in 2003 and covers Monaco, Roc Angel and I think Paris (its been awhile since I've seen it).

Happy viewing!
Ann
Old 11-19-2005, 10:20 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suonymona
For those in the USA, the Biography Channel is showing the Mansions and Monuments episode of "Palaces of Princess Grace" at 11 am EST/10 CST TODAY. It was done in 2003 and covers Monaco, Roc Angel and I think Paris (its been awhile since I've seen it).

Happy viewing!
Ann
:) Thank you for letting us know Suonymona!!! I just set my TIVO to record it.I have always wanted to see it and its only available as a video tape not DVD.....
Old 11-26-2005, 02:37 PM
Serene Highness

does anyone have any more pics of the palace? i esp like the ones that show what the ceilling, they look so beautiful.
Old 12-21-2005, 04:56 AM
Majesty

Eyevine

Quote:
Splendours of Monaco Palace: an exclusive visit Splendours of Monaco Palace: an exclusive visit
The Main Courtyard
Could be considered as the old central part of the XIIIth Century fortress. Under HonorÈ II's reign it became what it is today. His successor, Prince Louis Ist decided to open the monumental door in the main facade opening on the square of the old city. It is during the renovation of the Palace decided by HSH Prince Rainier III that the Main Courtyard will be paved with millions of white and coloured round stones in geometric figures. Today the Main Courtyard is used to give concert during the summer season. The specificity of this courtyard is that it has been built on top of a water tank of the Palace. Because there was no springs in Monaco, Prince Honore Ist commissioned in 1549 the building of a huge water tank. It was built by Domenico Gallo, a Milanese architect and it can contain up to 1700m3 of water.
Old 12-21-2005, 04:59 AM
Majesty

Eyevine

Quote:
Splendours of Monaco Palace: an exclusive visit Splendours of Monaco Palace: an exclusive visit
Hercules Gallery
Done during the XVIth Century by Milanese architect Dominico Gallo, this Gallery overhangs the Main Courtyard and runs along the Great Apartments. It is decorated with frescoes of mythological figures. Among them, one done by Genoese artist Orazio Ferrari, illustrates the works of a hero from the antiquities. It is the perfect example of Italian Renaissance art. the wall decoration, as for them have undergone some changes. Actually HSH Prince Rainier III transferred there 4 frescoes that were made by Pier Francesco Mazzucchelli : "Il Morazzone" representing mythological and legendary figures. The loggia of the Princely Family from which they wave to the crowd gathered in the Main Courtyard during major events: the enthroning of Princes or the presentation of the Princely children.
Old 12-21-2005, 05:01 AM
Majesty

Eyevine

Quote:
Louis XIII Chamber
Set behind a marble balustrade, this chamber opens on the Salon Mazarin. It stands as a little artistic temple to the glory of Italy. You can see among other, a "Portrait of Lucien Ist", which would have been made by one of Leonard de Vinci's student , Giovanni Ambroglio de Predis as well as "the Music Lesson " which is usually attributed to Titien. It is the chamber where Cardinal Angelo Roncalli, the future Pope Jean XXIII who stopped in Monaco slept.
Old 12-21-2005, 05:03 AM
Majesty

Eyevine

Quote:
The Salon Mazarin
This salon reminds of the alliance between the Grimaldis and the Aumont-Mazarin. It has some superb polychrome woods with arabesques motives from the XVIIth Century and a magnificent furniture piece done by Boulle's school of carpentry. Various collection objets which belonged to Prince Louis II (ceramics, surgery instruments) are exhibited in the wall windows. Sliver statues which were made by Monaco sculptor Jean FranÁois Bosio, they were made during the 19th Century. The portrait of Cardinal Mazarin attributed to the French School of Art from the XVIIth Century is set inside the wood panels.
Old 12-21-2005, 05:05 AM
Majesty

Eyevine

Quote:
The Throne Chamber
This chamber is the place where all the historical ceremonies since the XVIth Century have been held: Pledge of allegiance of the high dignitaries, the authorities of the State and the Commune of the new sovereign, the civil marriage of HSH Prince Rainier III with Miss Grace Kelly on 18 April 1956. It is also in this room, with its Renaissance fire place that took place the official celebration of the National Feast of Monaco during which the sovereign Prince greeted religious, civil and military authorities of the country, as well as accredited consular representatives. The Empire style throne is set under a purple Vienna velvet dais. The fresco on the ceiling that was found during the work of renovation was done by Orazio Ferrari (17th Century).
Old 12-21-2005, 05:06 AM
Majesty

Eyevine

Quote:
Louis XV chamber
Also called "Bedroom with a terrace ", this rooms and Louis XV Salon form a harmonious and refined apartment dedicated to quality women. They could very well be compared to museums seeing the richness of their decoration. The talent of such artists as Boucher, Lemoyne, LagrenÈe, Van Loo and LargilliËre is at the height of the fine wood work of the wood panel done by the most famous carpenters of the XVIIth Century and wall fabrics printed in Alsace.
Old 12-21-2005, 05:09 AM
Majesty

Eyevine

Quote:
The Mirror Gallery
Linking Hercules Gallery to the Grands Apartments is the majestic Mirror Gallery. Set one in front of the other, the mirrors tend to multiply the proportions at an infinite dimension and enhance the beauty of the decoration made of Chinese vases, cups and Japanese vases. The busts of Princes Charles III, Albert Ist, Louis II and Princess Alice ornate the length of the gallery. On photo 33 we can see the bust of Princess Grace and on photo 35 the bust of Albert Ist.
Old 12-21-2005, 05:12 AM
Majesty

Eyevine

Quote:
The Blue Salon
This blue and gold salon precedes the Throne Chamber. Its particularity: it is separated by three arches under a same ceiling ornate with Pompeii style frescoes. Several paintings dress the wall up: two display portraits of king Louis XV and the Queen, made by FranÁois StiÈmart, two portraits of Princely children as well as the portrait of Charlotte de Grimaldi by Pierre Gobert; Marquis des Baux, attributed to Charton; two portraits of the Grimaldi family (end of XVIIth, beginning of the XVIIIth Century); Princess Caroline, wife of Florestan Ist (1793-1879) by Marie Verroust.