The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-04-2005, 06:02 PM

I like Albert too and I was surprised his office was so messy in that picture. Because he is certainly not tacky in the way he dresses. He always appears so neat and conservative. Maybe when he's at home, he lets his guard down and takes out his frustrations by having a messy office?

Old 10-04-2005, 06:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

I'll be sure to not invite you two to my home if you think his office is messy and cluttered. Look at his office size compared to his father's. Albert's was orginally where Grace answered her mail and handled other things she did. She didn't require the space Albert needs I'm surprised its not really piled high with more.

Old 10-04-2005, 06:40 PM
Aristocracy

The yellow room where his office is, used to be his mother's office, he didn't like to move everything out (his mom stuff) so I think he brought his stuff. Plus computers were not a necessity 20 years ago, so the office was not "wired" for electronics, hence the messy effect. I wonder if he moved to his father's office which way more elegant and organized.
Lady Tropical Paradise; this is an especulative site, and we are here because we have time to spare, my opinions and yours, are just that and nobody will get hurt if we express them. Have a great life.
Old 10-04-2005, 06:42 PM
Aristocracy

Prince Albert's office

The office in the picture was obviously decorated in the 80's when everything was black and chrome. You can see it by the age of our beloved prince. In the interview now in September he was sitting in his mothers office, which has white furniture and a totally different style.
The blue room (with Prince Rainier) is used to meet dignitaries from other countries and I'm sure it was not PR private office. You can find pictures of PA in that very room on the palace's home site.
So the conclusion is that I'm sure PA has either redecorated his office to fit the new millennium or he might be using his mother's office permanently. As for the mess it is quite understandable for a lively and perhaps a little disorganized personality. He is pisces and they don't run around tidying up all the time. They spend their time daydreaming.
Regards
Donna
Old 10-04-2005, 07:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna
The office in the picture was obviously decorated in the 80's when everything was black and chrome. You can see it by the age of our beloved prince. In the interview now in September he was sitting in his mothers office, which has white furniture and a totally different style.
The blue room (with Prince Rainier) is used to meet dignitaries from other countries and I'm sure it was not PR private office. You can find pictures of PA in that very room on the palace's home site.
So the conclusion is that I'm sure PA has either redecorated his office to fit the new millennium or he might be using his mother's office permanently. As for the mess it is quite understandable for a lively and perhaps a little disorganized personality. He is pisces and they don't run around tidying up all the time. They spend their time daydreaming.
Regards
Donna
Thats a new one daydreaming I never heard anyone say that about Albert. He analyses every thing according to one source. As a young child at the circus instead of enjoying it he was checking the program to see if they were following it.

He also redid her office to the one he uses. Here is the discription
Quote:
The small office is cluttered with an eclectic assortment of artwork and memorabilia: an odd sculpture of artificial flowers sits on the floor beside the door; a bronze sculpture of a woman's torso stands in front of windows overlooking the yacht-filled port below; a black-and-white photograph of his mother in her youth stands on a mantle beside an antique clock, one of the few bits of décor that remain from when she occupied the room.
Also hearing he keeps other memorabilia under his bed I think he said he sounds like he wants things where he can get to them easy without having to ask anyone he sounds independent and wanting a more lived in feeling homey around him even though he lives in a Palace with a lot of people about. I read all that btw.
Old 10-04-2005, 07:16 PM
Royal Highness

Palace's playground

Palace's playground with breathtaking view..
Can you imagine playing football there or basketball there??..My eyes would probably be anywhere else except on the ball..:p :)

Photo found at Pbase
Old 10-04-2005, 07:22 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianna
Can you imagine playing football there or basketball there??..My eyes would probably be anywhere else except on the ball..:p :)

Photo found at Pbase
Wow. Talk about an amazing view...I agree, if I were playing basketball, I'd be losing because of that view!

Everything about the palace seems so perfect and elegant. I can't imagine what it's like to live or work there.
Old 10-04-2005, 07:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianna
Photo found at Pbase
Since you found it Ianna you can have the building side view of the ocean for the game that way I can win easier you will be distracted. Great photo love these never before seen ones.
Old 10-04-2005, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMacAlpine
Thats a new one daydreaming I never heard anyone say that about Albert. He analyses every thing according to one source. As a young child at the circus instead of enjoying it he was checking the program to see if they were following it.
Haha! I love that! About the office, I think Donna must be right. The picture was taken before the mass computer age, and small computers at that. What computers people did have then were so big and ugly. Now they are tiny and beautiful,like the Mac powerbook
(MAC ROCKS!) It is sweet that he moved into his mother's old office and didn't want to dump out her stuff. Very respectful and loving! :)
Old 10-04-2005, 09:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

The first one from Corbis was 1986. In the second one he added pictures to the wall to the left of the window and changed the one on the right from what appears to be a car to white water rafting. Looking at the room width and comparing it to the one I am in its about 12 ft wide. Same drapes, lamps and appears desk but looks like a table beside the desk for extra space.
Old 10-04-2005, 09:30 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
The first one from Corbis was 1986. In the second one he added pictures to the wall to the left of the window and changed the one on the right from what appears to be a car to white water rafting. Looking at the room width and comparing it to the one I am in its about 12 ft wide. Same drapes, lamps and appears desk but looks like a table beside the desk for extra space.
But he still has his stacks of books everywhere! Oh well, at least it's good to know he's a voracious reader! Definitely a plus!
Old 10-04-2005, 09:57 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
He also redid her office to the one he uses. Here is the discription Also hearing he keeps other memorabilia under his bed I think he said he sounds like he wants things where he can get to them easy without having to ask anyone he sounds independent and wanting a more lived in feeling homey around him even though he lives in a Palace with a lot of people about. I read all that btw.
OOps I goofed.
Quote:
My mother used to have this office. She used to say I could have it in a few years, and when she passed away I took it over. It has a desk side and a lounge side. I've tried to make it a little more masculine without changing much, but it's cluttered with family photos and trophies. It does have a great view of the port. I'm not a huge collector of art pieces. I did the whole stamp-collecting thing, and pens and keyrings, but nowadays I keep every accreditation — security tags — I have ever worn to events. Keep them under the mattress, in a box. No kidding!
Quote:
I was going to say that. Still looking for the date on the other photo.
Old 10-04-2005, 10:43 PM
Aristocracy

that's a gorgeous picture if it weren't that you said it was Monaco I would swear it was in the Caribean, specially Puerto Rico.
Lady Tropical Paradise; this is an especulative site, and we are here because we have time to spare, my opinions and yours, are just that and nobody will get hurt if we express them. Have a great life.
Old 10-04-2005, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsh1969
that's a gorgeous picture if it weren't that you said it was Monaco I would swear it was in the Caribean, specially Puerto Rico.
I know, that pic overlooking the tennis courts and everything, the endless expanse of sea.... amazing. Thanks to all these Palace pics, I now have a sense of where Albert takes his daily runs and where he and Caroline's Casiraghi Trio exercised recently (remember the olycom pics). I wondered where they were, but I have no doubt they were in the grounds of the palace.
Old 10-05-2005, 06:41 AM
Aristocracy

Believe me, Prince Albert daydreams enormously. He has a whole secret world of his own. You can see it in his eyes.
Old 10-05-2005, 06:48 AM

This was a lovely and generous thread Josefine, thank you.

In answer to the question about if there are any palaces with swimming pools indoors versus outdoors, Buckingham Palace in London contains an indoor pool to the best of my knowledge.
Old 10-05-2005, 05:24 PM
Serene Highness

it looks so beautiful it must be hard to keep up with reality.imo, knowing that people are dying of starvation while u r playing tennis or enjoying all that comfort would make u feel guilty, dont you think?
Old 10-06-2005, 02:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilton
This was a lovely and generous thread Josefine, thank you.

In answer to the question about if there are any palaces with swimming pools indoors versus outdoors, Buckingham Palace in London contains an indoor pool to the best of my knowledge.
Buckingham Palace does indeed have an indoor pool. Olympic size. Diana used to drive over there every morning to have a swim. BP also has squash courts under the ground floor. Kensington Palace has tennis courts. I think Windsor Castle has an outdoor pool, but not an indoor one. I know for sure that Sandringham does not have a pool because Diana said that Andrew and Edward and David Linley used to go over to her house (Park House) to swim because it was the only place in the neighborhood that had a pool.
Old 10-06-2005, 11:19 AM
Commoner

Whatever happened to the private zoo that was located below the Palace in the rocky, cliff area? There was a problem with it years ago but I'm sure conditions were improved.
Is it still there or was it closed?
Old 10-21-2005, 03:13 PM
Majesty

Some more pics of the inside. All from Bruno Press