The Palais De Monaco

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Monaco Palace's pool

Great photos of Palace's pool..It would be wonderful having swim there or eating lunch by the pool..:p :)

jgkx7s.jpg

jgkxe9.jpg
jgkxh5.jpg
jgkxm1.jpg

(Credit goes to Michel Setboun/Reportage)

are there such a thing as courtiers anymore? if so, do they hold court in the palace? what time of year do they hold court? what do they do while at court? and finally what determines who becomes a courtier?
again thx for the pic they are beautiful as always

Well, we know the Casiraghi Trio, Stephanie, and Caro all live in Paris pretty much full time. It's hard to imagine, but Prince Albert rambles around the palace and grounds alone (can't imagine he's brought his son there) - there is a beautiful pool, but how often is it in use? Hopefully, he won't wait much longer - I just find it truly hard to believe that he cannot find a woman worthy of more than a one-night stand....what does that say about him?

Horseygal said:
Well, we know the Casiraghi Trio, Stephanie, and Caro all live in Paris pretty much full time. It's hard to imagine, but Prince Albert rambles around the palace and grounds alone (can't imagine he's brought his son there) - there is a beautiful pool, but how often is it in use? Hopefully, he won't wait much longer - I just find it truly hard to believe that he cannot find a woman worthy of more than a one-night stand....what does that say about him?
At the avenment in JUly they had a gardenparty around the pool. We didn't see him much at the beach this year (probably lack of time), so he might have used the pool for a dip in the summer. He also has a lot of friends here whom he invites around (though I think he prefers to invite them to La turbie) and there is of course Steph with her kids.

You could be right, too - maybe the Palais is used more for formal events and his vacation home(s) is/are used for day-to-day living; but, I would imagine that he is required to spend maybe 80% of his time in Monaco at the Palais for various meetings, formal events, meetings w/other heads of state, etc....who knows....:confused:

Horseygal said:
Albert and Rainier use to have lunch by the pool. Back then Albert would have salad and fish. I am going to post a response in another thread regarding the last part of your post since its off topic and don't want to get in trouble for it.

Horseygal said:

Stephanie and her kids live in Monaco full time.

Thanks to all who responded - we don't get as accurate info in the States as you have in Europe/Monaco/France

Stephanie at the Palace Pool ...

jkydk1.jpg

(Paris Match)

Here you can see some of the Palace area around the 'Appartements Privées). Photos are taken from very far when the family met for Easter celebrations in 2000. You can see Steph with Camille, Caro with Alex, Louis ( in white) and Pauline, Albert with Pierre ... Alberts red car...

jkyihd.jpg
jkyik3.jpg
jkyipw.jpg
jkyivs.jpg
jkyixs.jpg
jkyj2r.jpg
jkyj4x.jpg
jkyjb5.jpg
jkyjdg.jpg

(sipa)

It must be a very good lifestyle, can u imagine? glamour,by the pool,in the palace, in the most cool places, famous, princess
If I was a princess like Steph, I'm sure I would be soooooooooo happy ;)

It's so nice to see those pics of family gathering during Easter holidays..Those kind of photos are pretty rare, so Michelle thank you for sharing with us! ;) And great Stephanie's photo too..Summer spirit in this winter days..:)

does anyone have a pic of the facade of the palace that faces the garden/pool? all we see are pics of the garden but not the appearance of the palace walls. thanks :)

Paula** said:
It must be a very good lifestyle, can u imagine? glamour,by the pool,in the palace, in the most cool places, famous, princess
If I was a princess like Steph, I'm sure I would be soooooooooo happy ;)

Glamour, richness and fame is nothing to envy for. All that matters is to be content with what you have. They are probably not happier than you and I. They are annoyed with the paparazzi who only comes with fame. Money leaves them only wanting more. Glamour can anyone have. And being a princess is only a profession. Like being a nurse or a caretaker.
D

dont u think it takes more to be a nurse or a caretaker than a princess? think of all the knowledge u posses as a health care professional vs princess? its almost common place for a prince to take a commoner as a wife.

Well, being a princess you have to have extensive knowledge of holiday places where you can have privacy. You have to know the names of all the presidents and kings and queens, in case you bumped into them unprepared. You have to know where every country is on earth and every capital. This probably takes a few weeks to learn. It takes four years to become a nurse so I guess that is more difficult. Besides being a nurse you have to be able to see blood and bodily vessels everywhere.

Then again being a princess you have to be able to entertain yourself since you have to be cooped up in your home most of the time, can't go out for a walk if you feel like it, have to go everywhere in a car, can't go browsing in the shops, have to be careful to which hairdresser you go to and which beauty salon, somewhere they don't gossip about you.

If you are a princess you need a hard shell so you won't get hurt everytime they print a bad picture of you and print an article about how miserable you are. A hard shell probably takes many years to acquire.

So the outcome is probably even or a tie, however you say it. Except I think it is a lot more fun to be a nurse. At least you get to be around normal people.

Believe me it is fun to be a nurse, but I guess it is also great and entertaining to be a princess....

:D :D I like your humour Donna. But Ithink that the hardest part about being a princess is, that there is no job description. There are a lot of opinions of w you should be like, but actually nobody ever wrote down how you actually do have to fill your days. how you eventually fill them depends probably on what you have inside your head and your heart. If both are empty you will fill your days with shopping, manicure and whatever other nonsense there is to preserve the beauty of your shell for a few years. Those will be inevitably followed by more or less talented plastic surgeons. If both of them are full, 24 hours per day will seem a very short time for all the good you can do and want to do, looking after your children, your husband and your country, perfecting your language skills etc etc. Of course if you have a husband that prefers type 1 when you are type 2 and vice versa, you might encounter some serious problems, though I think as type 2 you will still be better off and in that case you will have just as much fun as a nurse, because you can chose to a degree the people you want to be around, you can change your role anyway you like, whereas a nurse will always look after more or less sick people.

Well said, Paca. You are so wise.

One thing bad about being a nurse, you always have to wear the same boring white uniform where as a princess you get to wear all different colours. You can even be eccentric and people will forgive you. :cool:

tbhrc said:
Believe me it is fun to be a nurse, but I guess it is also great and entertaining to be a princess....

If it is so entertaining, why did the Queen mother of England always have to have her glass(es) of sherry to make it through the day? :rolleyes:

Donna said:
If it is so entertaining, why did the Queen mother of England always have to have her glass(es) of sherry to make it through the day? :rolleyes:
Because as an old Queen, she could do whatever she wanted, and get away with it. :)

Donna said:
Well said, Paca. You are so wise.

One thing bad about being a nurse, you always have to wear the same boring white uniform where as a princess you get to wear all different colours. You can even be eccentric and people will forgive you. :cool:
Thanks Donna.

but you know even if you have to wear the same uniform all the time, at least people don't pick on you for what you are wearing. ANd that uniform transpires confidence to people, even if you are just starting. And believe me there are heaps of men out there who think a nurse in uniform is much more sexy than a princess dressed up to the ninths;) :D Oh and another thing, palaces are usually pretty drafty places where you easily catch cold ( I can tell you when I was there the MC palace was freezing cold), where as in hospitals you recover from those and worse illnesses and they are snug and warm.

Yes, you told us about the draft. Unbelievable that they didn't warm up the reception room before you arrived. Who is in charge here??? :rolleyes: They should have served hot toddy to warm you up, instead of cold wine. And hot finger food instead of sweet cookies! And plenty of it! And warm blankets to cover you up. And light the fire. You could all have sat down in front of the fire wrapped in blankets and sung old scout songs (no choir hymns of course). How cosy and beautiful!

Donna said:

My long since dearly departed Great Grandmother had the same, except she used to tell us kids it was her daily "medicine"...:p

It is a medicin, in a way, for the nerves. :) Like red wine for the blood.

semisquare said:
does anyone have any pics of the ball room?
I had a photo I think is of the Ball room with Princess Grace but haven't found it yet. Will keep looking.

These pictures are all awesome! I often wondered what the palace was like on the other sides (you always only see pics of the front of it). I had no idea there was so much lush green around it... and the "multi layers". That round thing where Albert is standing next to gives it more of a 'castle' look. Wonder what they keep in those round parts.

I know these have been posted in one form or another but not in the orginal article. I also have photo's from the photo shoot of Albert I will post in his picture thread that I haven't seen together and some not at all or don't recall seeing them posted. Monaco Palace in VSD, Michel Setboun
publication%20monaco%20palais%20in%20VSD%201.jpg

publication%20monaco%20palais%20in%20VSD%202.jpg

publication%20monaco%20palais%20in%20VSD%203.jpg

publication%20monaco%20palais%20in%20VSD%204.jpg

Back
Top Bottom