The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-24-2005, 03:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

Changes in photo's

Today I added two photo's I also changed some already posted to another imagehosting site since many of you were not able to view the orginal posts of the pool area. I included the photo of the Grand Salon Albert's living room from an attachment and gave you a discription of the room.

Old 09-26-2005, 03:42 PM
Courtier

Thanks so much Lady M. You are indeed a loverly person for finding and sharing all these photos and information!

Ann

Old 09-26-2005, 04:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynda
OMG great pictures! I always wonder what the inside of Monaco's palace looked like. Are these areas open to the public to view? I am curious. I have many questions but I will refraim until you post others.
try these links. http://www.palais.mc/wwwpal.nsf/ABDA...256BA7004B3F8D
http://www.palais.mc/wwwpal.nsf/ABDA...256BA7002EF068
Old 09-26-2005, 09:30 PM
Aristocracy

Thank you Lady M, this room is awesome. The floor looks like glass! This is one of my favorite threads. Keep posting these gorgeous pictures.

I will use the urls to look for other pictures of the palace. Thanks once again.
Old 09-26-2005, 09:45 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynda
Thank you Lady M, this room is awesome. The floor looks like glass! This is one of my favorite threads. Keep posting these gorgeous pictures.

I will use the urls to look for other pictures of the palace. Thanks once again.
You're welcome.
Old 09-27-2005, 10:24 AM
Heir Presumptive

More photo's of an inside look of the Palace. Corbis
Albert's office.
Rainier's office.
Old 09-27-2005, 01:06 PM
Courtier

I really like the decor in Prince Rainers office. I love the gold on blue..how interesting
Old 09-27-2005, 04:40 PM
Serene Highness

i agree lady windsor
the late prince rainer's office is very nice,it has charm and warmth. prince albert's office is to sunny or yellow.
thx for the great pics lady mac
Old 09-27-2005, 07:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by semisquare
i agree lady windsor
the late prince rainer's office is very nice,it has charm and warmth. prince albert's office is to sunny or yellow.
thx for the great pics lady mac
You are welcome but I like the yellow my main rooms are French Vanilla which is yellow. Its warm, cheery and comfortable to be in. His is a Japanese bamboo thingy of some type on the walls I cant recall what it is. Or was don't know he might have redone them.
Old 09-27-2005, 09:10 PM
Royal Highness

Originally posted by Ianna.

Sources: unknown.

Photo 1: Mazarin Room
Photo 2: Sitting Room

Old 09-27-2005, 09:14 PM
Royal Highness

Originally posted by Ianna

Source: Corbis
Old 09-27-2005, 09:23 PM
Royal Highness

Originally posted by Iceflower.

Source: unknown

Old 09-27-2005, 09:34 PM
Royal Highness

Originally posted by nina86lila

Source: unknown

Old 09-27-2005, 09:37 PM
Royal Highness

Originally posted by Ianna

Source: newscom

Old 10-04-2005, 03:18 AM
Heir Presumptive

Another view of Albert's office Newscom
Old 10-04-2005, 01:59 PM

In a pic Monaco70s posted here, I noticed that the very famous portrait of Princess Grace that you always see in the official photos of the family, is in the "Room of Mirrors". Is it permanently there or is this special portrait always moved to wherever the official picture is being taken? I think everyone knows the portrait I'm referring to because it's the one most often seen behind the family when they pose for official pictures in the palace. The one where Grace is wearing the long, sleek white gown and the Grimaldi sash. Does it have a permanent place somewhere in the palace, where it hangs when it's not being used as a backdrop for official pictures?
Old 10-04-2005, 02:29 PM
Courtier

The other pictures in the Palace are sometimes moved (not every two or three weeks), but I doubt they actually move that particular portrait, being it so meaningful but also so huge...I think all the official pictures in which we saw the portrait were taken in the mirror room (I'm not 100% sure though)

Kisses
Old 10-04-2005, 02:52 PM

Thanks for the information, Grace. I have to say that I mostly like this palace a lot. The only part of it seen so far that doesn't impress me is Albert's office, because it is over-stuffed and cluttered, and the desk is ugly. His artwork that he has to the left of the window is also ugly. To see that office leaves no doubt a single man inhabits it! His father had such elegant tastes, though! Having such elegant parents, how did Albert come to have such a tacky sense of interior decor?
Old 10-04-2005, 05:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio
Thanks for the information, Grace. I have to say that I mostly like this palace a lot. The only part of it seen so far that doesn't impress me is Albert's office, because it is over-stuffed and cluttered, and the desk is ugly. His artwork that he has to the left of the window is also ugly. To see that office leaves no doubt a single man inhabits it! His father had such elegant tastes, though! Having such elegant parents, how did Albert come to have such a tacky sense of interior decor?
Looks like a normal male space to me. He had a messy room at college. I bet he knows where everything is.
Old 10-04-2005, 05:43 PM
Courtier

You're welcome...I'm happy if I could help, but take my information with a grain of salt: I have visited the Palace, but I have no insight in the Principality.

As for Albert's office, the most beautiful thing there is a statue of Grace's head (I didn't get to visit his office of course, i just saw the statue in another pic taken some years ago...); the rest is not only a mess, but also not really tasty. I like Al a lot, but i think he has definitely less class than his parents...

Kisses