The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-21-2007, 02:52 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMacAlpine
It was around 60 areas of farm land when Rainier bought it.
Sixty acres sound like a lot but actually it isn't if you want to keep the press away. they can telephoto across 30 acres pretty easily so if the house sat in the middle of the property they could be pretty exposed. I guess from the photos I saw last summer and the ones just posted, that most of the property sits in front of the house toward the main road and from the views of Albert on his balcony it is pretty much of a drop-off where the house is located But still, the press can get shots if they really want them but maybe only from below? Just a thought for when we see photos supposedly from Roc Angel that weren't taken with permission.

Old 03-24-2007, 04:36 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suonymona
That beautiful colour shot of Rainier and Grace taken the summer last before she died was done at Roc Angel? Oh, that is fabulous. I didn't know that Roc Angel was so big. You couldn't see anything of the house or buildings there.
If I'm not mistaken the book with photo's of Roc Agel was by Howell Conant. If it's the same person he also photographed the wedding and the yearly official photo of the family. Sorry I haven't been able to get to the library and it'll be a while before I can get there. I sent a PM to Tbhrc to see if she has the book to post photo's from it.

Old 03-24-2007, 06:19 AM
Courtier

I am most aware of Howell Conant. He photographed Grace for years in Hollywood and was the Grimaldi's unofficial family photographer.

Sadly, I have never seen his books. They are difficult and/or expensive to get!
Old 04-17-2007, 02:41 PM

Does anyone know if there are times when parts of the Palace are open to the public? Maybe at certain times in the summer when many members of the family seem to be on their yachts....?
Old 04-17-2007, 03:13 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio
Does anyone know if there are times when parts of the Palace are open to the public? Maybe at certain times in the summer when many members of the family seem to be on their yachts....?
You can find info about Palace's State Apartments available for public here (at the bottom of page)
Old 04-24-2007, 08:38 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianna
You can find info about Palace's State Apartments available for public here (at the bottom of page)
Thanks for finding that info. I wonder how many visitors they get a year?
Old 05-03-2007, 02:15 PM
Majesty

Great description of the main rooms and chambers: Link

Some interesting facts about the palace: Link

And a nice plan of the palace:

Pic

Description:

A: Entrance; B, C: State apartments, double loggia, and horse-shoe stairs; D: Future site of chapel; E, F: All Saints Tower; G: en:Serravalle; H: South Tower; K: Middle Tower; M: St Mary's Tower.
Old 05-03-2007, 03:17 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbhrc
Great description of the main rooms and chambers: Link

Some interesting facts about the palace: Link

And a nice plan of the palace:

Pic

Description:

A: Entrance; B, C: State apartments, double loggia, and horse-shoe stairs; D: Future site of chapel; E, F: All Saints Tower; G: en:Serravalle; H: South Tower; K: Middle Tower; M: St Mary's Tower.
Thank you for the links! Very interesting!
Old 05-06-2007, 12:23 PM
Nobility

Anyone know what N is? Wiki doesn't mention it, I'm guessing the private quarters? And where do all the civil servants work? And now we have a map, where exactly are they building the new offices?

Questions, questions...
Old 05-07-2007, 01:46 AM
Aristocracy

does anyone have any pictures of the inside of the palace.
Old 05-07-2007, 06:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by jspate
does anyone have any pictures of the inside of the palace.
Many have been posted in this thread if you look back at the other pages. Enjoy
Old 05-17-2007, 08:31 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghislaine
Anyone know what N is? Wiki doesn't mention it, I'm guessing the private quarters? And where do all the civil servants work? And now we have a map, where exactly are they building the new offices?

Questions, questions...
My question is, where does Charlene sleep?
Old 05-17-2007, 09:11 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by sashajones
If it's like last year, at his apartment in Monaco not at the palace but who knows about this year!
Old 05-17-2007, 10:59 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by sashajones
Or Roc Agel?
Old 08-08-2007, 09:52 AM
Courtier

The blue kitchen in the picture of Stefano, Caroline and their children is the one in Roc Agel.
I read that in een interview with Karl Lagerfeld (who made the pictures) in Paris Match

Sorry accidently pressed reply...
It was a Paris Match from 1988 with an article about the 5th anniversary of the wedding of Stefano and Caroline. They took the picture there because there where people working on the plumming of Clos St Pierre.
The other pictures where they are all dressed up were taken at La Vigie, Lagerfelds house in Monaco at that time.
Old 04-20-2009, 09:11 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suonymona View Post
I am most aware of Howell Conant. He photographed Grace for years in Hollywood and was the Grimaldi's unofficial family photographer.

Sadly, I have never seen his books. They are difficult and/or expensive to get!
Just google his name and you will find links to places that sell his books. Keep on looking at ebay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrhcp View Post
I seem to recall that while Princess Grace and Prince Rainier were alive, that the family spent a lot of time at a vacation home? at the top of the hill above Monaco (in France). I think it was called 'Roc Agel'.

Is it still a family possession?

I think that Prince Albert inherited it. But I wonder, since Princess Grace died driving on the road from Roc Agel to Monaco, this place might have sad memories. Prince Albert said that his mother awakened him that morning as he was sleeping to tell him goodby. The next news he had of his mother was that she had been in an accident. Could the family want to drive the same road again?
Old 04-20-2009, 01:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think they visit frecuently Roc Angel nowadays
Old 04-20-2009, 01:52 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by agogo View Post
I think that Prince Albert inherited it. But I wonder, since Princess Grace died driving on the road from Roc Agel to Monaco, this place might have sad memories. Prince Albert said that his mother awakened him that morning as he was sleeping to tell him goodby. The next news he had of his mother was that she had been in an accident. Could the family want to drive the same road again?

I know that Stephanie went to Roc Agel after the whole Daniel incident . And it was said that Stephanie will not ride down that road she will take another road instead even if she is with friends and not driving she insist that they not take that road .
Old 05-02-2009, 07:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

New photo's I scanned this morning.
Grace in her office that's now Albert's.

An old photo thats been posted before. Look in the far right of this one and you can see the location the old photo was taken in. Rainier and Albert also in the Grand Salon.
Old 05-03-2009, 10:47 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMacAlpine View Post
New photo's I scanned this morning.
Grace in her office that's now Albert's.

An old photo thats been posted before. Look in the far right of this one and you can see the location the old photo was taken in. Rainier and Albert also in the Grand Salon.

Wow, thank you very much Lady Alpine for these pics. I've never seen the new private wing the way your photos showed them. From what I read before, that wing which houses the Princely Family's private apartments stood on an old one which was destroyed during the French Revolution.