The Late Princess Grace: Pictures and News Part VII

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This pink vintage lace dress is similar to the Graces one in the civil wedding, but obviously this´s horrible in comparation with the Grace´s.

wow Z, nice collection, i´ve never watch that day shoot! was she pregnant of albert right?

Last edited by a moderator:
We all know how much Princess Grace loved flowers! Well, I found this (little augury: Fleur's Flower Game, Want to play?) & wanted to share it with you!

In 1983 Fleur Cowles published The Flower Game. Her Serene Highness, Princess Grace, played the Fleur Cowles Flower Game-selecting Ten Flowers she would take to fill her own island. This was Fleur's question: "NAME TEN FLOWERS YOU WOULD WANT TO TAKE WITH YOU IF BANISHED TO A DESERT ISLAND-NOT JUST ANY ISLAND BUT ONE WHERE ANY AND EVERY FLOWER WOULD GROW, REGARDLESS OF SEASON OR SOIL."

This was Grace's answer:

"I chose ZUCCHINI so that I could eat the flower...

let the leaves grow over a trellis made from BAMBOO* (*her note-" I hope you will accept it although I have never seen it flower.")

where I would sit quietly in the shade and contemplate my beautiful ROSES and pure white IRIS.

Bees would make a hive in the fragrance of my APPLE tree and enjoy the LAVENDER and ROSEMARY to make their honey.

after running through my field of DAISIES, I would stretch out...sip a little rosemary tea and nibble on GLADIOLUS bulb (very rich in Vitamin C). I would be very kind to this much maligned flower whose sisters are bobbing up and down, precariously perched on the back decks of yachts in Monte Carlo Harbour, looking quite forlorn.

I would try to find a fresh water pond on the island for my WATER LILIES with the hope that their large leaves will attract frogs. Who knows?

One might turn into a handsome prince who would be decent enough to whisk me off this lonely island and take me back to civilization...

After all, I am really a city girl at heart!"

I'm trying to find pictures of Grace's hats. I know that there was a forum in here for Princess Grace fashion, but I can't find it. Can anyone help me?

Definitely one of the most beautiful women and princess of all times, if not THE most beautiful!

I know I'm going to draw some heat, but I can't stand her wedding dress!! UGH. Too dated, too fussy, too everything. :eek:

:flowers: hee No heat here but i must quite happily disagree! Of course style is one of preference but at the time this dress was the height of chic and it's managed to be considered a classical fav over the years.

:popcorn: I find it quite beautiful and it didn't get as wrinkled looking as Pss Diana's did although i adored Pss. Diana's dress too!

:tea: Although style is pretty well fleeting these days i just found out a couple days ago as far as wedding dresses are concerned Navy blue is becoming the new Black replacement?!!! Personally we are still trying to get over the shock of black dresses for bridesmaids but now Blue too! So choice is a wonderful thing even more so in fashion do you suppose:heart1:

I know I'm going to draw some heat, but I can't stand her wedding dress!! UGH. Too dated, too fussy, too everything. :eek:

To each his own, Duchess but I have to disagree- Grace dress was a masterpiece- no, bride ever looked as lovely as Grace did. I seen alot of bridal gowns and the dress wears the bride- Edith Head made Grace's dress apart of her and role was marrying into- the ultimate Princess Bride!

Glistening Seas

:thistle: Quite delightful job sensibility bravo!! It's quite a talent you have there it's not everyone whom can capture the human form and look like the individual they are drawing painting etc! :cheers:

Thank you:)

and please, if anybody want to connect with me in facebook it would be a pleasure;)

Her perfect profile in the last 60s.
Grace wearing a very french hat.
Grace and Rainier in Switzeland (1961).
Rainier kissing Grace in her arriving to the Orly-Paris airport (1969).
So sweet mom.
Grace Kelly´s dolls.
Cheryld Ladd as Grace Kelly in "The Grace Kelly Story" (1982): Pic 1, Pic 2. In my opinion Ladd doesnt seems Grace at all.

Official Announcement of the Marriage for TV.
(Philadelphia, PA. Nov, 1955).

Grace smiling to a friend.
Leaving the Kelly House.
Rainier and Grace laughting.
I adore her look in that day.
Rainier & Grace.

Rainier and Grace dancing in the Waldorf Astoria of NY.
Civil marriage portrait.
The first visit of the couple to US afther the wedding day. 1957. Grace - as you see- was pregnant of Caroline.
Rainier and Grace visit the White House.
Monaco National Day of 1959.

That´s all for today, hope you like it:)

I would like to ask you something. If you were to make a film of the Grace Kelly´s life. What actress would you choose for make her character?

I would choose Rosemund Picke... Here she seems GK a lot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rainier and Grace dancing in the Waldorf Astoria of NY.
Civil marriage portrait.
The first visit of the couple to US afther the wedding day. 1957. Grace - as you see- was pregnant of Caroline.
Rainier and Grace visit the White House.
Monaco National Day of 1959.

That´s all for today, hope you like it:)
I love her dress with bows in first pic,so romantic....
I love her pink civil wedding dress and her pink hat in her visit to the White House and hat in the last pic,so glamorous.Thanks sensibility,your work is much appreciated:flowers:

Gistening Seas

:writing:Indeed one of the things I admire most about Pss Grace is her ability to look wonderful no matter what she wore.

:books: Take for example, the hat Pss. Grace wore with the fruit on it?? while I love the hat dearly (without the fruit) however, Pss. Grace is the only person whom could wear a hat like that and have it look chic.
:tea: Only Pss. Grace can take an outfit that on the hanger may appear so-so and put it on and look spectacular. I do adore the civil ceremoney outfit as well and all the other outfits:heartflower:

Back
Top Bottom