The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-06-2014, 10:38 AM
Royal Highness

A piano given to Grace and Rainier by Aristotle is now on display
link
I wonder how accomplished a pianist Grace was. There are several photos of her at the piano, but I thought these were posed/portraits shot without thinking she could play too.

Old 03-19-2014, 01:25 PM
Royal Highness

I came across this picture of Princess Grace at the 2500 Celebrations of Iran. I haven't seen it before and as you can see from the link, it is part of a larger illustrated article with many unusual pictures. I'm not sure which thread in the Iran pages I should post it , perhaps one of the mods can advise me- I think it would be interesting to people who follow those threads. Australian Woman's Weekly
The archives of Australian journals/papers have been digitalised, and are well worth searching for some lovely gems about Grace & her family,( and other Royals) particularly those in the Australian Woman's Weekly which tend to have photos.

Old 05-02-2014, 07:17 AM
Heir Presumptive

I don't know where to send this new

To day there is an announcement of the palace saying that the princely family is again the movie about Princess Grace presented to the festival of Cannes; no members of the family will attend to the festival

Le Quotidien - "Grace de Monaco": "un détournement" de l'Histoire "à des fins purement commerciales"

the announce of the palace to day

Prince's Palace of Monaco
Old 05-12-2014, 08:36 AM
Courtier

In occasion of film "Grace" the italian magazine Oggi has posted an interesting gallery with a lot of unknown photos with princess Grace and prince Ranieri.
http://www.oggi.it/attualita/gallery/nicole-kidman-diventa-grace-kelly-le-foto-mai-viste-della-principessa-dallarchivio-di-oggi/?pid=141090
Old 05-12-2014, 10:06 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Thank you, zarat!

For all those who are interested in the controversial new movie and the discussion about it, please check out the following thread:

** "Grace of Monaco" (Cannes May 2014, US release uncertain) **
Old 05-13-2014, 10:45 AM
Royal Highness

The Late Princess Grace: Pictures and News Part VII

What a lovely gallery of photos Zarat , many I haven't seen before. Thank you for posting.
Old 05-16-2014, 04:42 PM
Courtier

Yesterday night on portuguese news they showed images of Grace and the family when they visited Portugal, an old employee of the princely couple told that once Grace called him distressed because Maria Callas and Frank Sinatra were coming to dinner and she didn't know what to do because it was so sudden, so the employee made portuguese food Pastéis de Bacalhau (Codfish cakes) and rice with beans, he said they all loved the meal. He also said how the Princess was a wonderful mother and employer, his daughter was the same age as princess Caroline and Grace used to take them together to school and played together at the palace gardens, and how Grace loved her children and he never saw her raising her voice to them.
The video about Grace starts at minute 10.

Telejornal de 15 Mai 2014 - RTP Play - RTP
Old 05-28-2014, 02:07 PM
Royal Highness

Two nice galleries of photos with a couple of unusual images

Huffington Post

Ottawa Citizen
Old 05-28-2014, 03:03 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

What a lovely collection of photos of the iconic Princess,some I have never seen before,really like the 1956 Monaco Wedding Stamp!
Old 07-27-2014, 03:04 AM
Royal Highness

Lee Grant recalls her interview with Princess Grace
Huffington Post

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_5568800.html

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 08-30-2014, 06:13 AM
Heir Apparent

i found this picture of diana attending grace's funeral in 1982. it's interesting how destiny turns out, that her, being another women very much in the spotlight like grace, was the one chosen to represent GB in the funeral of grace, when she would some years later also pass out due to a car accident when trying to escape the paparazzi.

Pin by Stephanie Santos on Princess Grace of Monaco | Pinterest

is there a full list of the royal representation at grace's funeral?

plus, a fun anecdote taken from
http://kennedys.tumblr.com/page/29

Grace Kelly and Jacqueline Kennedy. Grace Kelly once gave an adorable interview to the JFK Library in 1965 about an amusing experience she had with the then-Senator John F. Kennedy in the 50’s.

GALLICO: Was [the trip to the White House with Prince Rainer in 1962] the first time that you had met the President?
GRACE: Actually, no. The first time was before he became the President, during that year he was in the hospital in New York with his back. I had been to a dinner party where I had met Mrs. Kennedy and her sister [Lee Bouvier Radziwill] the first time. They asked me to go to the hospital with them to pay a visit and help cheer him up. They wanted me to go into his room and say I was the new night nurse.
GALLICO: That was a quaint idea. Did you?
GRACE: Well I hesitated! I was terribly embarrassed. Eventually I was sort of pushed into his room by the two girls. I introduced myself, but he had recognized me at once and couldn’t have been sweeter or more quick to put me at ease.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 08-30-2014, 06:41 AM
Courtier

Grace Kelly and Princess Diana:
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2010/...60_634x375.jpg
Style of the Portuguese sovereign: By the Grace of God and by the Constitution of the Monarchy, King [or Queen] of Portugal and the Algarves of either side of the sea in Africa, Lord of Guinea and of Conquest, Navigation, and Commerce of Ethiopia, Arabia, Persia, and India, etc.
Old 09-17-2014, 05:01 PM
Royal Highness

A link to a website about a new book on Princess Grace to be published this autumn. The site contains some interesting photos and an extract.

Princess Grace of Monaco
Old 09-18-2014, 06:07 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elly C View Post
A link to a website about a new book on Princess Grace to be published this autumn. The site contains some interesting photos and an extract.

Princess Grace of Monaco
From the daily express

The private face of Princess Grace: The Hollywood royalty who loved dancing and charades | Life | Life & Style | Daily Express
Old 09-18-2014, 06:45 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
i found this picture of diana attending grace's funeral in 1982. it's interesting how destiny turns out, that her, being another women very much in the spotlight like grace, was the one chosen to represent GB in the funeral of grace,
Pcs Diana was not "chosen" to represent the BRF at the funeral, she personnally insisted to assist to the funeral, despite that she was a young mum, still breastfeeding baby William, because when Pcs Diana was still the royal fiancee, in her first official out, with the famous black strapless dress, Pcs Grace was quite the first royal she met, she was very kind and very conforting her regarding her future role and life.

Pic of this evening is found in post 592, thanks to Blog Real
Old 10-02-2014, 07:43 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

The Irish Photo Archive album of HSH Prince Rainier III and HSH Princess Grace State Visit to Ireland in 1961.

1961-11/09 Princess Grace and Prince Rainier Visit - Images | Irish Photo Archive
Old 10-03-2014, 03:56 PM
Royal Highness

Prince Albert reveals what it was like having Grace for a Mum
Daily Mail
Old 10-03-2014, 04:12 PM
Aristocracy

Thank you for the pictures. The remarkable thing about Grace is no mother how many times I see repeated pictures of her, her beauty and grace never fails to take my breath away.
Old 11-13-2014, 08:19 AM
Heir Presumptive

Some letters are sold now and there is the letter of excuse of Princess grace send to the mistress of princess Stéphanie around 1975 1976 when princess Stéphanie awas at a school in paris

the word are

Will yoy excuse Stéphanie not doing her lesson of french because she left her book at School wednesday'

I hope I have enough translat ed the wording and you understood me

Des lettres de Brigitte Bardot et Grace de Monaco aux enchères | Dernière minute | Monaco-Matin
Old 11-13-2014, 11:08 AM
Royal Highness

Guess it doesn't matter how royal you are, you still need to explain your child's absence from school😄
I can imagine Grace mildly scolding Stephanie about leaving her book at school.
It's amazing how letters such as these surface from time to time. A friend of mine has a thank you letter written by Diana Princess of Wales following William's attendance at a children's party.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app