The Late Princess Grace: Pictures and News Part VII

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You are quite right. She was everything you said and then some. But, to us, most of us, she was American and imbued with the snobby view of many that, that is what she was. She was far more giving and gracious than many of the very "royal blood".
Grace had a discerning capability which sometimes mistranslated to snob.She was patrician in thought and deed always and that has been subject to interpretation.

Thank you for posting this link, there are some lovely family pics:)

Check this magnificent blog/tumblr out, and be enchanted all over again.

Grace & Family
charming extraordinary unseen photographs thank you.what does impress me is how attentive parents Grace and Rainer were..and it appears through many of the photos that "family" is everything to Grace.

You are very welcome. I salute the creator of that tumblr for his/her very generous efforts and extensively researched materials. Simply the best, major shout-out.

Going through all those unphotoshopped photos is overwhelming for me -- Princess Grace's beauty, elegance and charisma were simply heavenly.

But what's more extraordinary is the photos do not capture just her natural physical beauty. Her inner beauty still radiates. No doubt she was a kind and bighearted human being.

Last edited:
You are very welcome. I salute the creator of that tumblr for his/her very generous efforts and extensively researched materials. Simply the best, major shout-out.

Going through all those unphotoshopped photos is overwhelming for me -- Princess Grace's beauty, elegance and charisma were simply heavenly.

But what's more extraordinary is the photos do not capture just her natural physical beauty. Her inner beauty still radiates. No doubt she was a kind and bighearted human being.
Indeed and that is why I think it is important that we take a minute to remember what she was about.I still ask one and all to read "The Bridesmaids" by Judy Balaban Quine which captures and describes many facets of Grace's personality and is the only accurate historical chronicle of the exact time of he nuptials and married life after.

Hello.

Does anyone know of a friend of Princess Grace of Monaco from her childhood in Philadelphia named "Marlene?" or, presumably Marlene's husband, Ed?

Many thanks for helping me in my research. I am at a loss and need help.

Many thanks!

I believe the person you are referring to is Marie Rambo, who was a friend of hers from Phila. I don't know her husband s name. Hope this helps.

Princess Grace I miss in the world respiring over there in Monaco even thirty years later.For a life that was cut short it certainly had the impact of many long lived ones...

On the 30th anniversary of Grace's death, the town of Newport (Co. Mayo, Ireland), the ancestral home of the Kelly family, will hold the inaugural "Grace Kelly Film and Cultural Festival" celebrating her life and career.

Grace Kelly Film Festival

On the 30th anniversary of Grace's death, the town of Newport (Co. Mayo, Ireland), the ancestral home of the Kelly family, will hold the inaugural "Grace Kelly Film and Cultural Festival" celebrating her life and career.

Grace Kelly Film Festival
best idea
I would have thought that might have happened in Monaco for some reason.

best idea
I would have thought that might have happened in Monaco for some reason.

I know that Rainier did not like any of Grace's films being shown.

So, it's possible that while Albert may watch her films privately, he may prefer to respect his father's wishes or he may just be keen to foster Grace's reputation as Princess of Monaco as opposed to Grace Kelly, film star. ??

I think PA did have a showing of one of her films a few years ago.

I know that Rainier did not like any of Grace's films being shown.

So, it's possible that while Albert may watch her films privately, he may prefer to respect his father's wishes or he may just be keen to foster Grace's reputation as Princess of Monaco as opposed to Grace Kelly, film star. ??
I understand where U are coming from however Grace was as a thespian above and beyond reproach and she was about to become much more in her career as she left. I do not see the problem personally if he has married Charlene and a new chapter in Monaco is at hand.

I understand where U are coming from however Grace was as a thespian above and beyond reproach and she was about to become much more in her career as she left. I do not see the problem personally if he has married Charlene and a new chapter in Monaco is at hand.

I don't see the problem either. As Grace is my favourite actress ever (I have collected all of her films) I would love if Monaco showcased her films as part of a film festival or as a tribute to Grace.

As that doesn't appear to have ever happened, I'm trying to think of reasons why it hasn't been done to date.

I don't see the problem either. As Grace is my favourite actress ever (I have collected all of her films) I would love if Monaco showcased her films as part of a film festival or as a tribute to Grace.

As that doesn't appear to have ever happened, I'm trying to think of reasons why it hasn't been done to date.
Perhaps I am thinking it is that Monaco seeks to preserve the memory of the Princess and not what and who Grace was before said moment.
However in 2012 ideas have been revised and we may yet see something about her.It could be oversight , a matter of semantics,or maybe Prince Rainier left some thoughts not to do it. just reflecting.. have no definitive idea why myself this has not yet happened.

Perhaps it is as simple as Grace in Monaco was The Princess and who she was before that is of no importance. Or maybe it is because not all of the films, IMHO hold up so many decades after they were made. Or perhaps the family prefer to commemorate her birth and not the anniversaries of her death so no need for any special commemorations in 2012.

They have already done the Princess Grace exhibition at the Grimaldi Forum, and toured parts of it internationally. What more tribute needs to be paid?

HSH Princess Grace,
Wish you were still here to see your beautiful children as the have grown and matured thirty years later.Caro has four beautiful children and she is the most like you in style and aesthetic.Stephanie has become quite the lady and also has children.Albert married a lovely South African Olympic swimmer and appears happy.All of the Grimaldi heirs are kind and have a sense of charity. You would be proud. Monaco and the world miss you over there in the palace.And we have not forgotten you.

I would still like to know what the story line will be. Is this one still about her supposed actions in 1962 or did they come up with a different hook for the movie?

Article about Nicole Kidman's uncanny resemblance to Grace in upcoming film
Daily Mail

She looks lovely, but I'm not seeing Tim Roth as Rainier at the moment!

Grace at the international television festival in Monaco
1969. I wonder what colour dress this was.

Pic

Back
Top Bottom