The late Princess Grace Part V

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tbhrc

Majesty
City
*Ruhrgebiet*
Country
Germany
Welcome to the the fifth thread to discuss the late Princess Grace of Monaco.

The previous thread can be found here:

The late Princess Grace Part IV

Please have a look at the
  • Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
  • No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
  • It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
  • We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
  • Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
  • Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
Happy Posting!

Glistening Seas

:) Could you direct me to the thread where they had the pics of PSS. Grace and her gloves? those were such a marvelous collection perhaps the pics in thread are quite old, however, they were marvelous. :flowers:

Thanks a lot for sharing these two wonderful pics of
Grace, mdeledda! Both have been new for me and
the first one is one of the very rare pics of Grace
being pregnant with Albert - and maybe the only one
of her in the Palace kitchen ;)

Wonderful portraits, mdeledda, thank you so much!
I especially love the one by Gaby from 1970, it's
very absorbing - in case one can say so in English ;)

Here's another kind of portrait I've always liked a
lot, I think it was taken in the early 1970s:

----> Grace

Glistening Seas

:) So glad the glove gallery was found. Such marvelous pics. It would be nice to see more pics of Pss Grace fashions for different occasions over the years besides the rose balls which of course are delightful and in their own threads. Did Pss Grace have only one designer she liked or did she have more than one?

I think the photo 4th from the bottom (maybe 3rd) -- the one that is titled "one from the 50's..." is a photo or still from Grace's first film, 14 Hours. I have seen a little series of these photos from that film and they are all very nice. You don't see them very often though! Thanks for posting the photos!

I love the photo's of Princess Grace at The Ball Of The Century may 27th 1966. Perhaps there is someone here who has more photo's of this glittering event?

I was also wondering if there are forum members who collect the Franklin Mint Princess Grace dolls... I have all of them.

The first picture I found on the exhibition site (Paris) The other two have been on my computer for so long I can't remember where I got them

oooopsssssss, Sorry!
:blush: I had no idea, perhaps this will workout better, here are two links.
On both of them you will find photo's of Princess Grace at The Ball of The Century, where she came dressed as Empress Eugenie.

Portraits de Grace Kelly - Princesse de Monaco - Paris.fr

Princess Grace of Monaco Photo Gallery

Last edited by a moderator:
I love the photo's of Princess Grace at The Ball Of The Century may 27th 1966. Perhaps there is someone here who has more photo's of this glittering event?

I was also wondering if there are forum members who collect the Franklin Mint Princess Grace dolls... I have all of them.

The first picture I found on the exhibition site (Paris) The other two have been on my computer for so long I can't remember where I got them

I collect the dolls too including the outfits for the vinyl dolls - wish they would do some more. I hoped for the 25th anniversary of her death Franklin Mint might have produced something new in aid of the Princess Grace Foundation. I think my favourite is the porcelain portrait doll.

Princess Grace dolls

I've bought a vinyl doll for every outfit, than I had shelves made to put them on... I guess I got carried away!:lol: I have all three porcelain doll, The Ball of The Century and the Portrait doll are my favourite. From the vinyl collection I have seven dolls and I would have to say the Bride doll and the Pink ballgown, although the Engagement ballgown is great too!!!
I had also hoped they would have made some more outfits, or at least one outfit, to mark the 25th anniversary of Her passing.
Now I started saving for the FM trunk, all the outfits or on my dolls but I would still like to have it. If it is allowed I will post some pictures of my collection here.

Here are some pictures of my collection of Princess Grace of Monaco dolls.
All pictures are taken by myself so the copyright lies with me.
The Birde doll, The Pink ballgown doll and The Princess Grace at The Ball of The Century are my favourites!!
I hope you like them:)

Part 2 of my collection, These are the Bisque Heirloom dolls by Franklin mint, all my Princess Grace of Monaco dolls and outfits are made by them.

Attachments

• 100_1401.jpg
    100_1401.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 1,473
  • 100_1402.jpg
    100_1402.jpg
    181.8 KB · Views: 712
  • 100_1403.jpg
    100_1403.jpg
    167.7 KB · Views: 550
  • 100_1409.jpg
    100_1409.jpg
    189 KB · Views: 687
Glistening Seas

:flowers: it's such a beautiful collection you have. is there anyone whom has a pic of Grace in the pink dress that one of those dolls was wearing? or was it made just for the doll? it is a fabulous dress. Is it true they say a girl never 'outgrows" her doll collection!!!:flowers: this one is magnificient! the one that has gathers at bottom in particular or better yet post a real live pics of Pss. Grace in the real dresses for these!

Last edited:
Here are some pictures of my collection of Princess Grace of Monaco dolls.
All pictures are taken by myself so the copyright lies with me.
The Birde doll, The Pink ballgown doll and The Princess Grace at The Ball of The Century are my favourites!!
I hope you like them:)

Part 2 of my collection, These are the Bisque Heirloom dolls by Franklin mint, all my Princess Grace of Monaco dolls and outfits are made by them.

What a lovely display you've created. I envy you having th extra vinyl dolls to dispaly all the outfits - mine are in boxes that I occasionally swop around. Do you have the "High Noon" doll from Danbury mint too?

:flowers: it's such a beautiful collection you have. is there anyone whom has a pic of Grace in the pink dress that one of those dolls was wearing? or was it made just for the doll? it is a fabulous dress. Is it true they say a girl never 'outgrows" her doll collection!!!:flowers: this one is magnificient! the one that has gathers at bottom in particular or better yet post a real live pics of Pss. Grace in the real dresses for these!

I think this is the dress you mean http://members.tripod.com/~gracepage/pics/pgm16.jpg
The photo was taken by Howell Conant on the steps of the palace at Monaco. I have also seen pictures of her wearing the dress at a dinner where she is sat next to David Niven (Probably the rose ball)
The other doll with a pink gown is a replica of the costume Grace wore for the ball of the century in Monaco.
Princess Grace of Monaco Photo Gallery Follow link to Princess Grace pictures
Unfortuanately the doll doesn't include a replica of the beautiful scarf/stole that Grace is seen wearing

Glistening Seas

:flowers:Omg this dress is pure confection. It is beautiful and quite possibly a dress classifiable as something which would fall into the P-e-r-f-e-ct dress category of the collection. How beautiful :unicorn::monacostandard:

The dress HSH Princess Grace wore to The Ball of The Century was also on display at the exhibition The Grace Kelly Years, Princess of Monaco last year at the Grimaldi Forum in Monaco. It was amazing to see this dress in real life!
It is one of my all time favourite dresses worn by Princess Grace.

I've bought most of my dolls on ebay as franklin Mint no longer has a European store. I don't have the High Noon doll (yet), Elly C. I've been tempted many many times to buy it but am always afraid that it will disappoint me.

I guess it's true that a girl doesn't outgrow her doll collection Glistening Seas,
but this girl is a boy, lol! As a young girl my mother was a huge Grace Kelly fan and has always remained so. She passed her love and admiration for this amazing woman on to me. I remember she was in shock when she heard of the death of Princess Grace.
Now when she visits us from time to time she has to have a look in my "Grace" room and reminisce about a long long time ago...

:D well, it truly is a greaaat collection. the dress is absolutely beautiful! For those, especially, whom aren't familiar with the Pss Grace fashion collection this dress is a show stopper. it certainly takes one's breath away the color is beautifullll!:wub:

ImageShack - Hosting :: kitchenlook57ah4.jpg
Princess Grace in the kitchen of the royal Palace (December 1957)

ImageShack - Hosting :: lukomski681220jb1.jpg
Princess Grace on Radio Monte Carlo (December 20, 1968)
Actually, I have another pic from this series (the only difference is Grace is looking directly at the chef) that was printed in "PARIS MATCH" just before the birth of Princess Caroline, so I think this photo probably dates around the end of 1956. It is so sweet to see pix of Grace with child.

WOW! I'll bet it was just days before baby Caroline debuted then!...By the way, the "ANNALES MONEGASQUE", how did you obtain your copy, mdeledda? I'm assuming it's a book, right? I'd love, love, love to have some of those!

I got my copies of the "Annales Monegasque"from ebay, they really are wonderful books. lot's of photo's and information about Monaco and it's history. I do believe that they can be ordered from the Palace archives.

Here are two nice clippings of Grace at a film premiere in
1972 or 1973 I think :)

** Grace - 1 ** Grace - 2 **

Last edited:
Nice pictures mdeledda, I had never seen Princess Grace in the bath before...
I have mixed feelings about that last one... It almost feels like invading Princess Grace's privacy:blush:, however she looks beautifull as always!:wub:

Those pictures are absolutely amazing mdeledda! Thank you for sharing! I agree that the last one seems a little invasive, but still exquisite. Did she permit the photographer to actually be in her bathroom? It shocked me when I saw the photo.

I echo the previous posts' astonishment about the "bath" picture - I wouldn't have thought it would have been allowed to be released given her royal status. I'd be very interested to know how this picture came to light as I have never seen it in any publication - please share:prettyplease:

Thanks, everyone.

The photograph is on Howell Conant's private archive, and published last year on Italian magazine "Oggi".

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom