The late Princess Grace Part V

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. 26 years. That many years seems almost incomprehensable to me, at only 15. :bishop: May she rest in Peace. :flowers:

Hi:
I don´t think Grace was a sad person in spite of the words of Frederick Mitterrand that describes her as a ¨depressive person¨.I think she was happy but very shy.This shyness together with her sensibility can be confused with sadness,I think.Kind regards :flowers:

I do believe that up to some extend that description is correct. As Scorpio Grace was predisposed to often mood changes, high vulnerability and lingering depressions, esp. if you take into account her late years - aging and some health problems. It's quite understandable...
...May she rest in peace :angel:

I have seen some young women, discover Grace, which I find promising and very nice that young women now appreciate her.:flowers:

Recently, A friend of mine had a framed picture of Grace in her office -- I think it was the photo of her backstage at the Oscars with Audry Hepburn. My friend's daughter was moving into her own apartment and while packing one night, she asked her mom if she could take that picture? It made me smile and I thought all is not lost on some of these young women -- it did kind of surprise me? :flowers:

I have a friend who is a big fan of Grace Kelly, she actually wants her wedding dress to be designed just like Grace's. :)

It was such an honor to visit the Princess Grace exhibit at Sotheby's here in New York.

She did have a beautiful gown, and I do believe Grace is probably the most beautiful bride I have seen, in my opinion anyway? I can understand why your friend would want a dress much like hers. I have seen some that are close in style but with a little varience -- someone might not even recognize how much the dress is similar to Grace's dress unless you really look at the bones of these dresses. I hope your friend will look as lovely in her dress that Grace did in hers!

Glistening Seas

:flowers: Pss Grace is gorgeous to be sure. There are such an incredible large amount of beautiful wedding gowns out there. That someone in this time would want a dress of that style is indeed telling as to the timeless classic styling of the gown. Of course, every girl wants to do something to their dresses that is uniquely theirs, however, it's a gorgeous style that anyone would like, any thoughts on this??:monacostandard::sun:

I saw a dress not long ago, an Oscar de la Renta that was more bare on top, spaghetti straps, and without any lace, but it had the same cummerband waistline and bell type skirt. I didn't notice at first why I liked it, it was just a flattering style, but I noticed after how much the cut was very similar to Grace's dress.

I think women should just pick a style that suits their own shape and style rather than emulate anyone. Grace's dress couldn't have been more perfect for her or her own wedding.:flowers:

Someone mentioned there was a PBS special on Grace, I think tonight, not sure which station in what part of the U.S.? I'm sorry if someone has posted that info already?

I agree with you .Young people are beginning to admire Grace and that is marvellous.:flowers:
The girl who has decided to marry with the wedding dress of Grace has an exquisite taste.If I marry sometime,I will probably do the same.I have seen the wedding dress of Grace in the exhibition in Monaco last year and this year in Paris, and in my opinion ,is the most beautiful dress I have ever seen.Congratulations to the bride and be happy.:flowers:

Oh! I would like see it! Thanks mdeledda!

I have got two new photos of Grace. I hope you´ll like it!

Grace seems a fairy here. This is my Grace favorite photo, I have a copy on my blackboard. People who come to my home always say "¿Is she family of you?" and I say "Unfortunable, not".
Picture Link

...And here she´s with a greek princess around 70s.
Picture Link

Have a nice day!
Carolyn.

That first picutre is stunning! Merci! What charisma she had...

Good news::flowers:
The documentary GRACE KELLY, PRINCESSE DE MONACO (2007) OF FREDERICK MITTERRAND ,WILL BE EMITED THIS WEDNESDAY 19 OF NOVEMBER IN TMC (TELEMONTECARLO)AT 12:30 HOUR TO 13:30.REGARDS:flowers:

Have any of you recorded this documentary today in Telemontecarlo?.If you have recorded it,please,let me Know through a private e-mail.It would be very kind of you and I would be delighted.Thanks in advance.Kind regards:flowers::flowers::flowers:

Finally,I have seen this documentary in you tube.:flowers:.As a Princess Grace fan I would like to share with you this: my dear grandmother, who has died 5 years ago,has told me once ,that a friend of her went to a wedding in which princess Grace was.This friend told my grandmother that she was so beautiful that was the guest with less jewels,but the most beautiful one,that she had a kind of light in her face that impressed everybody,that she did not need jewels ,because the jewel was Princess Grace....:flowers:

It was the wedding of Pilar de Borbón(sister of King Juan Carlos of Spain)in Estoril(Portugal)

Last edited by a moderator:
I think we all want to see The wedding of princess Grace in DVD,because it was filmed in colour and it was broadcasted in all cinemas in 1956.Please.if you want to watch this historical moment at least in colour and complete in dvd,you can vote in the Turner Classic Movies web.I have voted and there are now 285 votes.It is very easy.You only have to write the wedding in Monaco and then search.On the right,you can vote for it to be available in Dvd.All my life ,I have been interesed in watching this .Please vote.It will be marvellous for all princess Grace fans.Thanks in advance:flowers:

Absolutely wonderful pictures, thank you very much for sharing
them, Zubiar :flowers: I especially like the first two ones, the
colours are great as well as the perspective, they underline the
beauty of this great princess.

Great pics, some I've never seen before :) Liked the ones posted from the Red Cross Balls of 1957 1958 1968 and 1971. Could you please tell us when and where were the others taken? Thanks :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for posting all these wonderful photos. There are quite a few I haven't seen before. I agree that the pink ballgown is very fairytale like, particularly in the Howell Conant shot on the grand staircase of the Palace. I really like coming across new photos of Grace wearing a tiara & looking so very regal.

Woh, you've come up trumps again Zubiaur! I particularly like the fourth photo from the bottom - loving the hair & jewellery. Thank you for posting these unusual shots.

It is a photo taken in a Ball ,in the chateau Frontenac.She wears a beautiful yellow ball gown,which was in The Grace kelly exhibition.I like this ball gown very much.I will try to find a picture....:flowers:It is a ball gown inspired in Maria Antoniette time

Thanks a lot for the additional information :flowers:
That sounds great and it would be nice if you could
find a pic of her dress - the pic reminds me of the
fancy-ball that had been celebrated once, there she
also wore something extraordinary..

Glistening Seas

:flowers: What a marvelous collection of photo's. these are my first glimpse of these pics and they are truly beautiful. i love the clothes as Pss Grace had marvelous taste in clothes and fabric choices!! if you can find more to post please do so!!:turkey::xmasbell::poinsettia:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom