The late Princess Grace Part IV

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for your replies, Talula and Psychoduck.

I'm still feeling a little startled by what I saw on television, and the suggestion that Monaco became little more than a convenience for laundering 'funny money'.

Well, whatever, the lovely Princess Grace transformed the tiny principality and gave it a future. More than that, she gave her beautiful children and grandchildren a future, so I guess that it was worth whatever personal sacrifice she had to make.

Such a very lovely and elegant woman!

it is widely known that Rainier needed a well famous and popular wife. I read he was opting to get married to Marilyn Monroe, but she declined. ..........hence he eyed up Grace Kelly, helped by the bishop of Monaco who was actually from Philadelphia like Grace.
Monaco was banrukpt and the Prince needed a famous wife to bring back money,fame and luxury.

i still love her wedding dress most. and they held a tea party for all citizens in the garden of the palace. Must have been great. She was so charming and gracefull. Even when she got older she was still beautful and with grace. Many monegasqes must miss her still.

I feel incredible sad...It seems it's impossible to find someone more or less comparable with her by style...Now I understand Albert. I am afraid Charlene with her improvements, current and future, will remain a feeble shade on the horison of the past Greatness and Magnificence of Monaco.

I feel incredible sad...It seems it's impossible to find someone more or less comparable with her by style...Now I understand Albert. I am afraid Charlene with her improvements, current and future, will remain a feeble shade on the horison of the past Greatness and Magnificence of Monaco.

I agree with you AquaMarine, it is terribly sad and I love the your wording about feeble shade on the horizon. It is very hard to step out of the shadows of an icon but this is where a truly remarkable woman with confidence and her own style and interests can step forward into the light of a new Monaco. There are never replacements for icons but there are new beginnings and this is something Albert needs to do. Charlene, alas is as you say which makes it all the more sad for Monaco. Grace is and will always be a legend the new Princess should embrace this and move forward. JMO

Has anyone heard any further news about The Grace Kelly Years exhibition traveling to London? The original publicity suggested that following New York, the exhibition would be in Paris & London but I haven't come across any further info.

Annales Monegasques, n. 26, 2002

ANNALES MONEGASQUES - Revue d'histoire de Monaco
(Publication des Archives du Palais Princier) n. 26, 2002

Tribute to Princess Grace twenty years later

ImageShack - Hosting :: annalesm2002coveruq4.jpg
the cover

ImageShack - Hosting :: lukomski590128ku4jn7.jpg
portrait by Georges Lukomski
(January 28, 1959)

ImageShack - Hosting :: lukomski660618qp2td1.jpg
(June 18, 1966)

ImageShack - Hosting :: lukomski710607cz1zi9.jpg