Old 06-02-2007, 08:55 AM
Majesty

You can find a thread about her family right here:

The Kelly Relatives

Old 06-02-2007, 08:57 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower
That's a really nice pic, flowerpower, thanks for sharing it!

Here's another pic of Grace at an official event:

Grace in the 1970s
Wow. This is . . . this pic is really beautiful. Thank you iceflower!

I love it

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbhrc
You can find a thread about her family right here:

The Kelly Relatives
Thank you tbhrc

Old 06-02-2007, 04:18 PM
Royal Highness

Some nice color pics

Among roses (Antibes, 1970)

Beautiful in ... Pink (Cannes, 70's)

...................Green

...................Blue

Old 06-02-2007, 05:08 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

I'm glad to read, that you all liked the pic, flowerpower, hibou, monacos and coco
Monacos, you should really be here more often again, I miss your excellent knowledge about the origins of old pictures

Ianna, thanks a lot for these pics, that green dress is really impressive as to it's very strong colour and I liked the one at the flower exhibition as it reminds me so much of Caroline at the flower shows these days..
Old 06-03-2007, 05:21 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by monaco70s
Great pics Iceflower and Flowerpower, in you pic Iceflower Princess Grace was in New York for the Bicentennial in July 1976. On that ocassion she was with Prince Rainier and Princess Caroline also.

Monaco70s, thanks for your additional info, you are our chief data base member in old pictures of our beloved Grimaldi
Old 06-05-2007, 04:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

Thank you Ice and Flowerpower BTW great pics Ianna I had never seen those! In the Cannes picture, that night Grace and Rainier met with Karim Aga Khan, we have some pictures in the celebrities thread. In the last pic u posted think it may be from one of the National Day Opera nights from the early 70s.
Old 06-06-2007, 09:36 AM

Princess Grace in royal weddings

I,m almost sure that Princess Grace attended Charles and Dianas wedding, but I have never seen a photo of it. Is there anyone who has ever seen a photo of Grace at that event?
Old 06-06-2007, 10:26 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: Somewhere in the middle of the River Po Valley, Italy
I didn't see any pic of her at Diana's wedding, but I watched it on the TV, as many have. I recall Princess Grace and Prince Albert being seated in the 13th row inside the church.
Old 06-08-2007, 06:37 PM
Aristocracy

Yes, Grace and Albert attended Charles' and Di's wedding. And after church, they had dinner together. But I've never seen a photo of Grace at this wedding.
I'd like to see one!
Old 06-10-2007, 03:08 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

A pic of Grace with her beloved roses, I think it was taken in her last years, 1981 or even 1982:

Grace with roses
Old 06-10-2007, 05:42 AM
Aristocracy

So beautiful!
Old 06-10-2007, 10:04 AM
Nobility

I wish so much for Monaco that God will bring a new Grace. Not a replica, but a 2007 version, who is capable of bringing the respect and glamour back to Monaco.

She was so beautiful and the name Grace was perfect for her.
Old 06-10-2007, 01:14 PM
Serene Highness

I heard that there was recently on Italian TV a show about Grace. Did anyone see it?
Old 06-12-2007, 12:07 PM
Courtier
TRF Author

I have 2 questions about Princess Grace :

There was a perfume named after her. I saw it at Neiman Marcus in Dallas a few years ago, it smelled beautiful but was very expensive and I didn't buy it at that time. When I made up my mind to buy it anyway, I was told it no longer existed. When I was in France sometime later, the department stores told me it existed in places like Carrefour (kind of equivalent of Walmart,which really surprised me.) At any rate, I didn't find it there either and it seemed no one had ever heard of it. It is not mentioned in any of the biographies I have read. Does anybody know anything about that perfume ?

Princess Grace was the official sponsor of the Lancaster skin care and cosmetics products. Again, I have never seen it mentioned in any of the biographies. Does Lancaster still exist ?

Thanks in advance for any response !
Old 06-12-2007, 12:19 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveroyals
I have 2 questions about Princess Grace :

There was a perfume named after her. I saw it at Neiman Marcus in Dallas a few years ago, it smelled beautiful but was very expensive and I didn't buy it at that time. When I made up my mind to buy it anyway, I was told it no longer existed. When I was in France sometime later, the department stores told me it existed in places like Carrefour (kind of equivalent of Walmart,which really surprised me.) At any rate, I didn't find it there either and it seemed no one had ever heard of it. It is not mentioned in any of the biographies I have read. Does anybody know anything about that perfume ?
I beleive that's Faberge's Princess Grace de Monaco perfume or something like that..
Old 06-12-2007, 12:25 PM
Courtier
TRF Author

Ianna, thanks again for your prompt response ! I can't keep up with you ! Yes, I think it was Faberge. How did it get demoted to a Walmart kind of store and then cease to exist ? Also, when Princess Stephanie launched her perfume "Insaisissable", I remember it was hyped in the media. When was the Princess Grace perfume launched and why is it so little known ? I may be prejudiced but I thought it smelled a lot better than any other celebrity pefume launched since the eighties... Do you know how one can find the perfume ? E-Bay perhaps ? I'll have to try. Thanks, Ianna !
Old 06-12-2007, 12:38 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: Somewhere in the middle of the River Po Valley, Italy
Quote:
Originally Posted by paca
I heard that there was recently on Italian TV a show about Grace. Did anyone see it?
Sorry I didn't hear anything about it, but there have often been some old video clips on Grace shown by a RAIUNO programme called "La Vita in Diretta", but I rarely watched it.
Old 06-12-2007, 01:20 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveroyals
Ianna, thanks again for your prompt response ! I can't keep up with you ! Yes, I think it was Faberge. How did it get demoted to a Walmart kind of store and then cease to exist ? Also, when Princess Stephanie launched her perfume "Insaisissable", I remember it was hyped in the media. When was the Princess Grace perfume launched and why is it so little known ? I may be prejudiced but I thought it smelled a lot better than any other celebrity pefume launched since the eighties... Do you know how one can find the perfume ? E-Bay perhaps ? I'll have to try. Thanks, Ianna !
He, he..You just ask questions for which I can give a little help I'm sure perfume it's great but price is soo I googled it, and look what I have found about it click
Old 06-12-2007, 05:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

Some years ago I saw Faberge's Princess Grace perfume being sold on Ebay, so maybe you can find it there iloveroyals. I think it followed the fate of some perfumes that were famous and exclusive that ended being sold in convenience stores.

I didn't know she sponsored Lancaster, I've seen several ads of Lancaster Monaco in recent years in some mags, the last one I saw was last summer.

I've never read any association of Princess Grace with Faberge or sth that shows a direct link, was this perfume launched after her death? To my memory I think Faberge's best selling perfume around 1975-1982 was Babe which was inspired on Margaux Hemingway and she was shown on the ads. Was Princess Grace on the ads too?
Old 06-12-2007, 06:11 PM
Courtier
TRF Author

Ianna and monaco70s, thanks for your help !

Ianna, I can't believe these prices ! It makes wish I had bought it when I saw it at Neiman Marcus 3 or 4 years ago ! It was under $100.00, but I felt it was an indulgence I didn't need. Then of course, finding it again became an obsession. It's hard to decide when to be impulsive and when not, isn't it ladies ?

monaco70s, as for Lancaster, when I was a teenager, I bought the Lancaster products because they carried the name of the Princess of Monaco on them. I remember even asking a saleslady whether Princess Grace really used the products. She gave me a funny look...

I remember that perfume Babe, I never used it, but I remember the publicity campaign. I was a fan of Margaux Hemingway too, so I kind of followed things associated with her.

Well, maybe someone knows the story of the association between the Princess and Faberge... I certainly have never seen her in ads.

Thanks to you both for tracking these things down for me !

I