The late Princess Grace Part IV

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited by a moderator:
Some nice color pics:)

Among roses (Antibes, 1970)

Beautiful in ... Pink (Cannes, 70's)

...................Green

...................Blue

I'm glad to read, that you all liked the pic, flowerpower, hibou, monacos and coco :flowers:
Monacos, you should really be here more often again, I miss your excellent knowledge about the origins of old pictures :flowers:

Ianna, thanks a lot for these pics, that green dress is really impressive as to it's very strong colour and I liked the one at the flower exhibition as it reminds me so much of Caroline at the flower shows these days..

Code:
monaco70s said:
Great pics Iceflower and Flowerpower, in you pic Iceflower Princess Grace was in New York for the Bicentennial in July 1976. On that ocassion she was with Prince Rainier and Princess Caroline also.

Monaco70s, thanks for your additional info, you are our chief data base member in old pictures of our beloved Grimaldi:flowers: :flowers:

Thank you Ice and Flowerpower :) BTW great pics Ianna I had never seen those! In the Cannes picture, that night Grace and Rainier met with Karim Aga Khan, we have some pictures in the celebrities thread. In the last pic u posted think it may be from one of the National Day Opera nights from the early 70s.

Princess Grace in royal weddings

I,m almost sure that Princess Grace attended Charles and Diana´s wedding, but I have never seen a photo of it. Is there anyone who has ever seen a photo of Grace at that event?

I didn't see any pic of her at Diana's wedding, but I watched it on the TV, as many have. I recall Princess Grace and Prince Albert being seated in the 13th row inside the church.

Yes, Grace and Albert attended Charles' and Di's wedding. And after church, they had dinner together. But I've never seen a photo of Grace at this wedding. :sad:
I'd like to see one!

I wish so much for Monaco that God will bring a new Grace. Not a replica, but a 2007 version, who is capable of bringing the respect and glamour back to Monaco.

She was so beautiful and the name Grace was perfect for her.

I heard that there was recently on Italian TV a show about Grace. Did anyone see it?

I have 2 questions about Princess Grace :

There was a perfume named after her. I saw it at Neiman Marcus in Dallas a few years ago, it smelled beautiful but was very expensive and I didn't buy it at that time. When I made up my mind to buy it anyway, I was told it no longer existed. When I was in France sometime later, the department stores told me it existed in places like Carrefour (kind of equivalent of Walmart,which really surprised me.) At any rate, I didn't find it there either and it seemed no one had ever heard of it. It is not mentioned in any of the biographies I have read. Does anybody know anything about that perfume ?

Princess Grace was the official sponsor of the Lancaster skin care and cosmetics products. Again, I have never seen it mentioned in any of the biographies. Does Lancaster still exist ?

Thanks in advance for any response !

iloveroyals said:

There was a perfume named after her. I saw it at Neiman Marcus in Dallas a few years ago, it smelled beautiful but was very expensive and I didn't buy it at that time. When I made up my mind to buy it anyway, I was told it no longer existed. When I was in France sometime later, the department stores told me it existed in places like Carrefour (kind of equivalent of Walmart,which really surprised me.) At any rate, I didn't find it there either and it seemed no one had ever heard of it. It is not mentioned in any of the biographies I have read. Does anybody know anything about that perfume ?

I beleive that's Faberge's Princess Grace de Monaco perfume or something like that..:)

Ianna, thanks again for your prompt response ! I can't keep up with you ! Yes, I think it was Faberge. How did it get demoted to a Walmart kind of store and then cease to exist ? Also, when Princess Stephanie launched her perfume "Insaisissable", I remember it was hyped in the media. When was the Princess Grace perfume launched and why is it so little known ? I may be prejudiced but I thought it smelled a lot better than any other celebrity pefume launched since the eighties... Do you know how one can find the perfume ? E-Bay perhaps ? I'll have to try. Thanks, Ianna !

paca said:
I heard that there was recently on Italian TV a show about Grace. Did anyone see it?

Sorry I didn't hear anything about it, but there have often been some old video clips on Grace shown by a RAIUNO programme called "La Vita in Diretta", but I rarely watched it.

iloveroyals said:
Ianna, thanks again for your prompt response ! I can't keep up with you ! Yes, I think it was Faberge. How did it get demoted to a Walmart kind of store and then cease to exist ? Also, when Princess Stephanie launched her perfume "Insaisissable", I remember it was hyped in the media. When was the Princess Grace perfume launched and why is it so little known ? I may be prejudiced but I thought it smelled a lot better than any other celebrity pefume launched since the eighties... Do you know how one can find the perfume ? E-Bay perhaps ? I'll have to try. Thanks, Ianna !

He, he..You just ask questions for which I can give a little help;) :) I'm sure perfume it's great but price is soo:eek: I googled it, and look what I have found about it click

Some years ago I saw Faberge's Princess Grace perfume being sold on Ebay, so maybe you can find it there iloveroyals. I think it followed the fate of some perfumes that were famous and exclusive that ended being sold in convenience stores.

I didn't know she sponsored Lancaster, I've seen several ads of Lancaster Monaco in recent years in some mags, the last one I saw was last summer.

I've never read any association of Princess Grace with Faberge or sth that shows a direct link, was this perfume launched after her death? To my memory I think Faberge's best selling perfume around 1975-1982 was Babe which was inspired on Margaux Hemingway and she was shown on the ads. Was Princess Grace on the ads too?

Ianna and monaco70s, thanks for your help !

Ianna, I can't believe these prices ! It makes wish I had bought it when I saw it at Neiman Marcus 3 or 4 years ago ! It was under $100.00, but I felt it was an indulgence I didn't need. Then of course, finding it again became an obsession. It's hard to decide when to be impulsive and when not, isn't it ladies ?

monaco70s, as for Lancaster, when I was a teenager, I bought the Lancaster products because they carried the name of the Princess of Monaco on them. I remember even asking a saleslady whether Princess Grace really used the products. She gave me a funny look...

I remember that perfume Babe, I never used it, but I remember the publicity campaign. I was a fan of Margaux Hemingway too, so I kind of followed things associated with her.

Well, maybe someone knows the story of the association between the Princess and Faberge... I certainly have never seen her in ads.

Thanks to you both for tracking these things down for me !

I

U're welcome iloveroyals, apparently the perfume was launched in 2000 according to this site: Princes Grace 1.7 Oz. edp spray by Faberge Women Perfume Mart.Com

And according to this one it has been discontinued already Yahoo! Answers - What happend to Princess GRACE de MONACO Faberge Parfum ? has it been discontinued...if so why?

I never knew Grace used Lancaster products, interesting info.

What I find rare is that Faberge was able to use the name of Princess Grace, maybe they had a deal with the family or sth, but then again maybe there would have been a big launch event with the family present to introduce the perfume, like they did with the Mikimoto pearl jewelery collection in 2001 which was named after her.

iloveroyals said:

Princess Grace was the official sponsor of the Lancaster skin care and cosmetics products. Again, I have never seen it mentioned in any of the biographies. Does Lancaster still exist ?

Thanks in advance for any response !

I do remember seeing the ad of the perfume a few years ago at W Magazine, which is considered more high-end than Vogue or Elle Magazines. It really smelled great, as the ad featured a sample sleeve.

The perfume, I think, was not meant to be a mainstream scent. Instead, I think it was really more for collectors, thus the high price. I assume also that to protect the integrity of its collector's item status, it was produced for a limited time only.

I doubt if a Faberge product would end up in a Walmart-type of store. Regardless of how unpopular an expensive product is, the makers will not compromise the quality by lowering its price just for the public to purchase it. Also, they are risking their reputation as a brand.

Regarding Princess Grace and scents, the House of Creed was commissioned by Prince Rainier to design/produce a scent to commemorate their 1956 wedding. The result, Fleurissimo, is popular but very high-end that Creed doesn't even heavily advertise it.

Check out the official Creed website: it identifies Fleurissimo as "originally commissioned for Grace Kelly's wedding to Prince Rainier of Monaco.":)

Creed Fragrances - Official UK Website - Home

Last edited:
Thank you both, monaco70s and royrules, it makes me all the saddest that I didn't buy it when I saw it. It really did smell very good. I guess I am not hard-core fan enough to buy an expensive perfume that I would never wear. It's true that when the Parisian department store told me only hypermarkets now carried it, it didn't make sense to me. And none of them had it anyway. It certainly seemed more logical to be found at Neiman Marcus than WallMart.
Gosh, if it was launched in 2000, it didn't last very long. Why 2000, I wonder ?

As for Lancaster, I don't know that Princess Grace used their products. It may have been just a commercial deal they had together. But the mystique worked, at least on me...

iloveroyals said:
Thank you both, monaco70s and royrules, it makes me all the saddest that I didn't buy it when I saw it. It really did smell very good. I guess I am not hard-core fan enough to buy an expensive perfume that I would never wear. It's true that when the Parisian department store told me only hypermarkets now carried it, it didn't make sense to me. And none of them had it anyway. It certainly seemed more logical to be found at Neiman Marcus than WallMart.
Gosh, if it was launched in 2000, it didn't last very long. Why 2000, I wonder ?

As for Lancaster, I don't know that Princess Grace used their products. It may have been just a commercial deal they had together. But the mystique worked, at least on me...

You're very welcome.

For what it's worth, do not regret not having bought it -- it really was so crazy expensive (and much more now on eBay). Honestly, the Creed perfume has Grace's essence more (and it will cost you less!).

Imagine, this is the perfume Grace approved among the many samples Creed brought to Monaco for her to choose from during the wedding festivities. The Faberge perfume, although special because it was named for Grace and really smelled good, did not have her approval as it came much later after her demise. By the way, I do not work for Creed:)

I read in several articles that Creed's Fleurissimo is a favorite among famous women; Queen Elizabeth, Madonna and Cindy Crawford are the ones I remember significantly.

royrrules said:
You're very welcome.

For what it's worth, do not regret not having bought it -- it really was so crazy expensive (and much more now on eBay). Honestly, the Creed perfume has Grace's essence more (and it will cost you less!).

Imagine, this is the perfume Grace approved among the many samples Creed brought to Monaco for her to choose from during the wedding festivities. The Faberge perfume, although special because it was named for Grace and really smelled good, did not have her approval as it came much later after her demise. By the way, I do not work for Creed:)

I read in several articles that Creed's Fleurissimo is a favorite among famous women; Queen Elizabeth, Madonna and Cindy Crawford are the ones I remember significantly.

I'll definitely try to get Fleurissimo ! Thanks for pointing me in the right direction !

paca said:

Sorry, I missed it, but I generally don't watch this talk show. Here there's a video clip from that show aired on June 7th. (in Italian):

Rai Click

Thanks Tosca. Too bad my italian isn't good enough, so I'll probably miss a lot of what is being said, but I guess most of it will be known already I suppose. It will be nice to see the pics though. Many thanks.

Dedicated to the memory of HSH Princess Grace

To Anthea
Bid me to live, and I will live
Thy Protestant to be:
Or bid me love,and I will give
a loving heart to thee.....

Bid me to weep, and I will weep,
While I have eyes to see:
And having none,yet I will keep
A heart to weep for thee.

Bid me despair, and I'll despair,
Under that cypress tree:
Or bid me die, and I will dare
E'en Death, to die for thee.

Thou art my life, my love, my heart,
The very eyes of me:
And hast command of every part,
To live and die for thee.
Robert Herrick

Last edited:
paca said:
Thanks Tosca. Too bad my italian isn't good enough, so I'll probably miss a lot of what is being said, but I guess most of it will be known already I suppose. It will be nice to see the pics though. Many thanks.

My pleasure! You're right: they said nothing new about her, so your Italian can't be that bad!;) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom