The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #141  
Old 09-14-2005, 04:43 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 2,443
Thanks dreed777, I hope you like them.
__________________

__________________
Monaco70s
  #142  
Old 09-14-2005, 05:22 PM
Ianna's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: My little corner of the world, Croatia
Posts: 1,730
Quote:
Originally Posted by monaco70s
Nice tribute Ianna :) Indeed today it's 23 years since Princess Grace died. I added some pictures of her in my site as a tribute. Also some pics of Caroline and Stephanie were added.
Thanx Monaco! And you do/did a good job providing more and more photos!! Like them very much! Some of them are so special..:)
__________________

__________________
On the last day of the Creation God desired to crown His work,
and thus created Kornati Islands out of tears, stars and breath.
(George Bernard Shaw)
  #143  
Old 09-14-2005, 07:16 PM
regardez's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: , United States
Posts: 319
Quote:
Originally Posted by monica17
Hi Regardez. This was discussed earlier. :) Anyway, what you read is true. And most of his subjects knew better to exploit their Princess by commercializing/capitalizing on her film star status. Rainier did allow some of Grace's films to be shown in the palace screening room but also chose what was shown. The Country Girl - fine; To Catch a Thief - no.

I'm just guessing that he didn't want her to be associated with her old life and wanted her to be a Princess of Monaco, and to be happy at her new role (she missed acting very much). He also discouraged her to associate with friends from the entertainment profession at first. In the end, he became friends with some of them, too.
I am sorry I couldn't find discussion of it in this thread, but thanks for answering my question anyway.
__________________
now that the lilacs are in bloom,
she keeps a bowl of lilacs in her room
  #144  
Old 09-15-2005, 09:57 AM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 2,443
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianna
Thanx Monaco! And you do/did a good job providing more and more photos!! Like them very much! Some of them are so special..:)
I'm glad you liked them Ianna :) Thanks
__________________
Monaco70s
  #145  
Old 09-15-2005, 10:11 AM
Mahoogie's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Manila, Philippines
Posts: 312
Thanks for posting those wonderful pics our beloved princess!!..I love seeing pictures of the young family when Princess Grace was still alive..but I kinda feel sad for sometime seeing those pics,asking question why she had to leave so soon and not seeing her beautiful grandchildren all growing-up.. :(
__________________

  #146  
Old 09-15-2005, 03:58 PM
iceflower's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: , Germany
Posts: 29,008
Thanks for the little tribute Ianna! The last one and the two you posted
before that show that she never lost the actress deep inside of her..
  #147  
Old 09-15-2005, 06:02 PM
Ianna's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: My little corner of the world, Croatia
Posts: 1,730
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower
Thanks for the little tribute Ianna! The last one and the two you posted
before that show that she never lost the actress deep inside of her..
True! She just had it..Like her poses..:)

Off the record photo from Elle photosession 1967..

Souce, own collection
Attached Images
 
__________________
On the last day of the Creation God desired to crown His work,
and thus created Kornati Islands out of tears, stars and breath.
(George Bernard Shaw)
  #148  
Old 09-15-2005, 06:03 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 2,443
Great pic Ianna, do you have more photographs from that session? Are u sure it's not from 1968 cos she's wearing the same dress from 1968's Red Cross.
__________________
Monaco70s
  #149  
Old 09-15-2005, 06:10 PM
Ianna's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: My little corner of the world, Croatia
Posts: 1,730
Quote:
Originally Posted by monaco70s
Great pic Ianna, do you have more photographs from that session? Are u sure it's not from 1968 cos she's wearing the same dress from 1968's Red Cross.
I had it on some of mine disks, it was under Elle folder 1967. But maybe it's mistake 'cause source was one old mag..I think last of tribute belongs to this folder too..I had one more, have to look..
__________________
On the last day of the Creation God desired to crown His work,
and thus created Kornati Islands out of tears, stars and breath.
(George Bernard Shaw)
  #150  
Old 09-15-2005, 06:15 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 2,443
Oh I see, I'll wait for the other one, thanks :p
__________________
Monaco70s
  #151  
Old 09-15-2005, 06:45 PM
Ianna's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: My little corner of the world, Croatia
Posts: 1,730
Quote:
Originally Posted by monaco70s
Oh I see, I'll wait for the other one, thanks :p
Sorry, Monaco..The last one is actually cover of Elle..but if it counts..:p :)
__________________
On the last day of the Creation God desired to crown His work,
and thus created Kornati Islands out of tears, stars and breath.
(George Bernard Shaw)
  #152  
Old 09-15-2005, 06:50 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 2,443
Oh I see thanks anyway lol
__________________
Monaco70s
  #153  
Old 09-16-2005, 12:24 AM
Tosca's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Somewhere in the middle of the River Po Valley, Italy
Posts: 3,605
Well, folks, I don't know how much true this may be, but I read somewhere that Princess Grace had an abortion long before she met Prince Rainier.

This surely clashes with her image of a devout Catholic, but that was her public image. Anyway, since like most people around my age in my country I've had a Catholic upbringing and went to Catholic schools, I learnt that a woman who had an abortion ran immediately into an excommunication, and consequently, was prohibited to receive the sacraments. No confession could have erased her sin, as far as I know. If so, why was Princess Grace allowed to get married in the church?
Did the Church use different criteria of judgment, as always? Or are these gratuitous nasty things to say, as we all know that such statements help books sell well? Personally I don't trust the so called "biographies" that much. If it's true, I'm not surprised that her daughters rebelled to her. Again, if that's true.
Can anyone enlighten? Thanks!
  #154  
Old 09-16-2005, 10:41 AM
Isabel's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: The, United States
Posts: 447
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tosca
Well, folks, I don't know how much true this may be, but I read somewhere that Princess Grace had an abortion long before she met Prince Rainier.

This surely clashes with her image of a devout Catholic, but that was her public image. Anyway, since like most people around my age in my country I've had a Catholic upbringing and went to Catholic schools, I learnt that a woman who had an abortion ran immediately into an excommunication, and consequently, was prohibited to receive the sacraments. No confession could have erased her sin, as far as I know. If so, why was Princess Grace allowed to get married in the church?
Did the Church use different criteria of judgment, as always? Or are these gratuitous nasty things to say, as we all know that such statements help books sell well? Personally I don't trust the so called "biographies" that much. If it's true, I'm not surprised that her daughters rebelled to her. Again, if that's true.
Can anyone enlighten? Thanks!
I have never known anyone to have absolute solid proof that Grace had an abortion. It is really just a rumour that has persisted for years and that was even mentioned in biographies. Of course these biographies were not written with the consent of the Princely Family.

The Catholic Church can't do anything about a rumour. Interestingly enough this rumour only really began to circulate widely after Grace's death.
__________________
"Always do what you are afraid to do."
- R.W. Emerson
  #155  
Old 09-16-2005, 11:03 AM
Tosca's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Somewhere in the middle of the River Po Valley, Italy
Posts: 3,605
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabel
I have never known anyone to have absolute solid proof that Grace had an abortion. It is really just a rumour that has persisted for years and that was even mentioned in biographies. Of course these biographies were not written with the consent of the Princely Family.

The Catholic Church can't do anything about a rumour. Interestingly enough this rumour only really began to circulate widely after Grace's death.
Thanks! I also was wondering why the skeletons in Grace's cupboard were given away only after her death.
  #156  
Old 09-17-2005, 12:22 PM
Regina's Avatar
Serene Highness
TRF Author
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Posts: 1,646
Well, I think Grace couldn't do an abortion because she always seemed to love children and I simply don't believe in those rumours.
  #157  
Old 09-17-2005, 12:50 PM
LadyMacAlpine's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: *****, United States
Posts: 2,298
Has this one ever been posted? Unknown source
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	047.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	34.6 KB
ID:	198547  
__________________
  #158  
Old 09-18-2005, 03:39 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Baton Rouge, United States
Posts: 247
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMacAlpine
Has this one ever been posted? Unknown source
I don't care if it has been posted before, because she was a looker! Wow!

David
  #159  
Old 09-27-2005, 07:02 AM
Ianna's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: My little corner of the world, Croatia
Posts: 1,730
When saw this Grace's photo, it reminded me on similair Charlotte's one from F1 Grand Prix 2003. Love this compare! :)
(Iceflower you gave me idea with that Caroline / Grace photo! )

Charlotte & Grace..(Korpa, Eastnews)

__________________
On the last day of the Creation God desired to crown His work,
and thus created Kornati Islands out of tears, stars and breath.
(George Bernard Shaw)
  #160  
Old 09-30-2005, 04:34 PM
iceflower's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: , Germany
Posts: 29,008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianna
Iceflower you gave me idea with that Caroline / Grace photo!
:) And I share your opinion about the similarity :)
__________________

Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Biography of Princess Grace Josefine Princely Family of Monaco 54 06-14-2011 05:46 PM
The Late Princess Grace Julia Princely Family of Monaco 137 09-15-2004 05:15 PM




Popular Tags
best outfit birth camilla carl philip chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events death denmark duchess of cornwall fashion fashion poll felipe vi france funeral general news hereditary grand duchess stéphanie king abdullah of jordan king felipe king felipe vi king harald king philippe king willem-alexander letizia maxima nobility official visit picture of the week president gauck president hollande prince carl philip prince charles prince daniel prince frederik prince of wales princess ariane princess beatrice princess leonore princess madeleine princess marie princess mary princess mary daytime fashion princess mette-marit queen elizabeth ii queen fabiola queen letizia queen letizia fashion queen mathilde queen maxima queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima style queen rania queen silvia queen sonja royal royal fashion sofia hellqvist spanish royals state visit sweden the hague united states of america victoria wedding willem-alexander


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002-2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:14 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2015
Jelsoft Enterprises