The Late Princess Grace Part II

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ick

megknight said:
I don't konw if this had been posted before...but I thought it was an interesting picture.

Princess Grace of Monaco and U.S. President John F. Kennedy talk during a 1962 visit to Washington by the Princess, who was formerly the American actress Grace Kelly. Picture from www.corbis.com

What in God's name is she wearing? It looks as if two chickens decided to roost on her head...not the best pic of Grace...:p

Wonderful pics, you found, Ianna!!
And to Monacos and Ianna: I'm always annoyed when
magazines change the backround of a pic just in order
to claim they had new pics no other magazine has...

iceflower said:
Wonderful pics, you found, Ianna!!
And to Monacos and Ianna: I'm always annoyed when
magazines change the backround of a pic just in order
to claim they had new pics no other magazine has...

So do I! Also when they write something over the picture, put a picture in 2 pages, or cut a picture and put it over another. I don't like it when they do that because they just spoilt the picture!

monaco70s said:
So do I! Also when they write something over the picture, put a picture in 2 pages, or cut a picture and put it over another. I don't like it when they do that because they just spoilt the picture!
You're absolutely right about that!!

Here are a few pictures I have in my collection. I have the full pictures also, with Rainier, that I will post next.

1. 1956, visiting Pope Johann XXIII
2. Official party in 1971
3. 1940, outside the Palace, I believe.
4. Official Pictures

Attachments

• PGrace5.jpg
    PGrace5.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 524
  • PGrace6.jpg
    PGrace6.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 726
  • PGrace4.jpg
    PGrace4.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 526
  • pgrace3.jpg
    pgrace3.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 473
Here are the full ones with Rainier.

1. Official Pictures
2, 3. 1956, visiting Pope Johann XXIII
4. Official party in 1971

Attachments

• graceofffull.jpg
    graceofffull.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 612
  • gracepopefull.jpg
    gracepopefull.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 455
  • gracepopefull2.jpg
    gracepopefull2.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 396
  • gracegalafull.jpg
    gracegalafull.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 398
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=41010
Etiquette guru Letitia Baldridge recalled that the White House staff thought Grace's hat looked like a fancy shower cap. Princess Grace was wearing Givenchy that day just as President Kennedy guessed (It was a wild and VERY lucky guess). Jacqueline Kennedy, being a very elegant and style-conscious person herself, decided to host a luncheon instead of a state dinner for the Monagasque couple because she was afraid Grace would upstage her. Also, to help pronounce Rainier name, the staff would refer to him as "Prince Reindeer." JFK said to Ms. Baldridge that they would have to stop that because he actually called Rainier "Prince Reindeer"! Letitia Baldridge was Mrs. Kennedy's White House social secretary and wrote a book In the Kennedy Style: Magical Evenings in the Kennedy White House. Prince Rainier and Princess Grace's visit was one of the events described in the book.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0385489641/qid=1118622855/sr=8-1/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i1_xgl14/103-8996645-0036638?v=glance&s=books&n=507846

Last edited:
Nice pics Gomdatt :) The pic u label as 1940 was taken in May 1955 the day she and Rainier met :)

Oh! So sorry! Thanks for correcting me!

I was going through Getty Images and I found this pic of Grace and Rainier. I had no idea they were at Juan Carlos and Sofia's wedding! I wish I could find a better picture, but to no avail. :( Her outfit looks quite beautiful, as always.

Attachments

• PGrace8.jpg
    PGrace8.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 646
She is absolutely lovely, I've read about three of her biographies, and they all mentioned that Grace was more than willing to give up the career life for a family. Also, it was mentioned that sometime in the 70's she wanted to take up a role in which Rainier was furious about.
By the way, does any one have a link to see the video of the wedding? It was a deal that Grace made in exchange for breaking her contract with MGM

this is the only one I've found so far: http://www.liketelevision.com/web1/classictv/weddings/ If you click on the link that says Prince Rainier and Grace Kelly (i believe) on the right, it only less than a minute and only shows you a few clips, but it's all I've found so far and you need Real Player to watch it. I've been looking and I'll let you know if I find something.

Nice pics, GömdNatt, thanks!!
I found one pic with Grace and Albert in Lourdes.
It was always said that she became more and
more religious through the years. That pic reminded
me of that..

Attachments

• lourdes.jpg
    lourdes.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 591
Great pics Gomdatt and Ice :) The pic you found Gomdatt is super rare, in fact I hadn't seen it before, I imagine it is from the religious ceremony because at the wedding banquet she was wearing a long dress and Rainier a white suit.

If I'm not mistaken in the late 70s Grace was member of 20th Century Fox's Board of Directors according to what I read in a book.

Like I said in another thread, even with winter clothing Princess Grace looked beautiful!

Ans so beautiful with glasses..:)

Attachments

• Grace with glasses.jpg
    Grace with glasses.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 505
  • Grace de Monaco.jpg
    Grace de Monaco.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 809
  • 1970.jpg
    1970.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 815
some pics of the late Princess Grace of Monaco....................:rolleyes:

Attachments

• 44.jpg
    44.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 770
  • U1309207INP.jpg
    U1309207INP.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 406
some others.............

Attachments

• CAMVGR38.jpg
    CAMVGR38.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 482
  • grace00.jpg
    grace00.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 438
Coming to Ball..

Princess Grace coming to Masked Ball at Rezzonico Palace in Venice, Italy in 1967..

She was so gorgeous! Beautiful costume..:) :)

Attachments

• U Grace 1967.jpg
    U Grace 1967.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 709
  • Princess Grace mak.jpg
    Princess Grace mak.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 1,063
  • Princess Grace mak2.jpg
    Princess Grace mak2.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 964
Ianna said:
Princess Grace coming to Masked Ball at Rezzonico Palace in Venice, Italy in 1967..

She was so gorgeous! Beautiful costume..:) :)

I agree Ianna she looked wonderful!

It's so funny to see Grace were glasses so often because she once said "guys don't make passes to girls in glasses" I guess in her younger days she was self conscience about her glasses... I think she looked wonderful with or without glasses

Great pics! I add some of mine again:

(Source: own collection)

Attachments

• g22.jpg
    g22.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 629
  • g23.jpg
    g23.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 639
  • g21.jpg
    g21.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 555
Last edited:
Iceflower, thanks a Lot for your pics, I never had seen them. Just beautiful!

From acioline

Attachments

• pgrace1.jpg
    pgrace1.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 532
  • pgrace2.jpg
    pgrace2.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 570
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom