The late Princess Grace part 3

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Elspeth

Former Moderator
City
Country
United States
Welcome to part 3 of the thread for discussions and photos of the late Princess Grace.

Please remember that photos in this thread, since they're old pictures, must be separately hosted rather than being attached directly. All photos must be accompanied by an acknowledgement of the copyright holder.

Part 2 is here:

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f13/late-princess-grace-part-ii-3605.html

From Hola

sg1pav.jpg
sg1phi.jpg
sg1pja.jpg
sg1pnk.jpg

Great find!

When were they taken - late 70's or early 80's?

Ann

just a question

Who is the woman with Princess Grace ?
We can see her now with Caroline in every official event.

tbhrc said:
From Hola

Last edited by a moderator:
The pics are from August 1980 and that woman seems to be Virginia Gallico, she is also Alexandra's godmother.

She was Princess Grace's lady-in-waiting and she is now Caroline's.

Medium, Keystone

In her office

sgs6sw.jpg

sgs6t5.jpg

A random pic

sgs6u0.jpg

With her mother Margaret

sgs6xf.jpg

With brother Jack

sgs6ys.jpg

Suonymona said:
Great find!

When were they taken - late 70's or early 80's?

Ann

Shortly after Caroline divorced Junot.

I know Caroline uses Grace's old office when she's in the Palace, but does she have that desk?

Ann

I'm glad you all liked the pics. Hope you like this one as well...

APL

Original caption: Princess Grace of Monaco is flanked by her two sisters on the day of her 40th birthday party. They are Mrs. Maragret Conlan (left) and Mrs. Lisane Levine.

sphdp5.jpg

I see a lot of Lisanne in Stephanie.

Ann

flowerpower said:
Suonymona, thanks for the detail explanation:) , this bill is on sale at ebay, and it’s says that’s real!! Imagine...
There is a notorious story of a Wal-Mart cashier who took a fake $500 bill with George W. Bush's face on it but while I could see that happening (without snarking about education and training), for this eBay seller to claim his Grace bill as real is literally asking for trouble.

For all the legal USA tender, here is a link. It has information on the current looney looking money (recent changes) and the older bills still in circulation.

Aside from Ben Franklin on the $100 bill (the highest in common circulation), the rest of the bills (1, 5, 10, and 20) have dead presidents on them. I'm not sure who is on the $1000 which is primarily used by banks. Thomas Jefferson (another founding father like Franklin) is on the $2 bill though it is only used in the Northwest states. I see it more in birthday cards for an oddity. Some people don't even think its real (I even had a bank teller refuse one once) because of the expression "phony as a $3 bill". There were even $3 ones circulated with Bill Clinton's face on them during his impeachment years.

More than y'all wanted to know about USA money, I'm sure. Anyone want to break down Monaco currency?

Ann

PS Anyone else scared of Elspeth's new avatar?

tbhrc said:
I'm glad you all liked the pics. Hope you like this one as well...

APL

And I have to say that Caroline's facial structure looks like Peggy's/Margaret's!!!

Stephanie's youngest, Camille, is very Lizanne.

Is Peggy still alive? I suspect Grace would have aged much like her, despite all her care.

Ann

Suonymona said:
Is Peggy still alive? I suspect Grace would have aged much like her, despite all her care.

Ann
No, she died after a courageous battle with alcoholism. Lizanne is the only sister left.
Grace Kelly's father believed Peggy to be the best looking and talented.
(I think he was wrong:) )

Oh my gosh Stephanie and her youngest daughter Camille do look alot like Lisanne,she look alot more like her mother than Grace! So Stephanie does look like her mothers side of the family alot! Yes Caroline does have the same kind of facial structure bone structure shape cheekbones as Maragret! Also facial expression! WOW I always thought they resembled their fathers side, hardly Graces side. But when I look at her sisters I see it so much. So yes they did inhert their mothers genes for looking like her siblings! They took after the German Irish side too! I see alot of the German Irish in them too! I know this is a silly question I'm going to ask but Grace was of German Irish heritage correct? Just making sure.

I'm also pretty sure thats where Camille gets her fair complexion from too!

teense said:
No, she {Peg} died after a courageous battle with alcoholism. Lizanne is the only sister left.
Grace Kelly's father believed Peggy to be the best looking and talented.
(I think he was wrong:) )

In several pieces, Grace's celebrity drive (both in Hollywood and Monaco) was attributed to her not being her father's favorite (Jack 'jr') or preferred daughter (Peggy).

It really is too bad because Grace clearly lived up to her name while eclipsing them all. Most people aside from the connection to Grace don't know the Kellys outside the Philly area.

I think favoring any child is wrong. Its hard enough to spend time with one's children equally or as much as possible without giving preference on top of it. One might as well set up a therapy fund right then!

Ann

WOW. In those photos they look so much alike!!! That is proof of strong Kelly genes!!! They look alike period!!!!!!

It's in the eyes! Stephanie's eyes and eyebrows are none other than her aunt's. Even the separation of the eyes is a noticeable trait.
Caroline, on the other hand, has more of her paternal grandmother in her. She and her daugther are almost made from the same mold as Rainier's mother, although Caroline and Charlotte improved the genetic recipe with Grace's own Irish-American beauty.

Toledo said:
It's in the eyes! Stephanie's eyes and eyebrows are none other than her aunt's. Even the separation of the eyes is a noticeable trait.
Caroline, on the other hand, has more of her paternal grandmother in her. She and her daugther are almost made from the same mold as Rainier's mother, although Caroline and Charlotte improved the genetic recipe with Grace's own Irish-American beauty.

Rainier's mother, Princess Charlotte, had the same dark features Caroline and Charlotte have, but she did not possess the remarkable bone structure which Caroline and her daughter have. Caroline has her aunt Peggy's facial bone structure. The Kelly women had such high cheekbones which Caroline fortunately inherited, but Grace had a stronger jaw which made her square faced more than Peggy and Caroline.

Then Caroline and Charlotte are like the lucky improved versions of two family trees with different types of beauty. The Celtic (Irish) genes of the Kellys and the Mediterranean Latin (Franco-Italian) genes of the Grimaldis.

Toledo said:
Then Caroline and Charlotte are like the lucky improved versions of two family trees with different types of beauty. The Celtic (Irish) genes of the Kellys and the Mediterranean Latin (Franco-Italian) genes of the Grimaldis.
Yeah,it's such a great combination!;)

Grace must be very much missed in Monaco,isn't she??

i live in the states and still miss her, how could they not. imo she was the most beautiful, classiest, lovely princess there will ever be. you'll hear people comparing various princesses to princess Diana but u never will hear someone compared to Princess Grace and i doubt anyone can ever be of her stature, because she was so beautiful both inside and outside.

The beautiful grace as we love her !

Tbhrc and all member you missed me a lot, I'm very happy to be with you now for a long times !:p

PDV

607hr.jpg

500ua.jpg

bbb said:
i live in the states and still miss her, how could they not. imo she was the most beautiful, classiest, lovely princess there will ever be. you'll hear people comparing various princesses to princess Diana but u never will hear someone compared to Princess Grace and i doubt anyone can ever be of her stature, because she was so beautiful both inside and outside.

Despite what Princess Diana has done with her charity and good work, the British are actually divided as to who they side with, Diana or the rest of the Windsors.

For Grace though, the Monegasques revere her like a saint. She made the world aware of the little principality's existence. And when she represented them in official royal events, I'm sure all eyes were on her. Whenever I see pictures of her in her gowns and hairpieces, I get the feeling that such days of magic died with her. Nobody came and comes close.

royrrules said:
Despite what Princess Diana has done with her charity and good work, the British are actually divided as to who they side with, Diana or the rest of the Windsors.

For Grace though, the Monegasques revere her like a saint. She made the world aware of the little principality's existence. And when she represented them in official royal events, I'm sure all eyes were on her. Whenever I see pictures of her in her gowns and hairpieces, I get the feeling that such days of magic died with her. Nobody came and comes close.

That seems to be the general perception on the two late princesess. When we think of Diana all the good and bad things that happened to her come up in our minds intemingling in one image. But when we think about Grace there is an idea of this extraordinarily beautiful princess and mother of three that died too young. Even though she was older than Diana when she died.

Last edited:
I wonder if Grace had married in the 80s and not yet died (running parallel with Diana so to speak) if she would have divorced Rainier now that its not so scandalous?

I think Grace was the kind of person who stuck it out and things did seem to get better between her and Rainier in the late 70s. Even in this day of the ever-intrusive media, she would not have allowed things to be known like Diana did through Andrew Morton, friends tattling and her own interviews.

Mystery keeps her illusion alive.

Ann

I really don't think that she would ever divorced Rainier..but this is only my opinion..!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom