The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2006, 09:55 PM
Serene Highness

Wonderful picture Iloveroyals! Thanks for posting! Unbelievable though, that costume she's wearing..so unflattering, even on her. Looks like Caroline's doing her best to convey the message: 'I'm way too cool to belong with this woman-in-costume', LOL! Stephanie doesn't look too content either!

By the way, doesn't young Steph here show a strong family resemblance with niece Charlotte?

Old 09-28-2006, 03:52 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess olga
Wonderful picture Iloveroyals! Thanks for posting! Unbelievable though, that costume she's wearing..so unflattering, even on her. Looks like Caroline's doing her best to convey the message: 'I'm way too cool to belong with this woman-in-costume', LOL! Stephanie doesn't look too content either!

By the way, doesn't young Steph here show a strong family resemblance with niece Charlotte?
I so agree with you great picture, unflattering out fit !! and yes stephanie really does look like charlotte !

Old 10-02-2006, 04:07 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

I'm glad you liked the pics, flowerpower and Chantal
Iloveroyals, your picture is really great, perfect moment you caught with your camera and I like to see Grace in that traditional dress
One of the latest pics of Grace:

(majesty)
Old 10-02-2006, 08:56 PM
Royal Highness

Thanks for sharing, iloveroyals and iceflower! I agree for Stephanie/Charlotte resemblance..It's so obvious, especially at that age 9,10.

One more of Grace..

(alamy)
Old 10-02-2006, 11:52 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower
I'm glad you liked the pics, flowerpower and Chantal
Iloveroyals, your picture is really great, perfect moment you caught with your camera and I like to see Grace in that traditional dress
One of the latest pics of Grace:

http://i10.tinypic.com/2vbwnfd.jpg
(majesty)
Wow, that's kindof a scary picture: when you look closely, it seems like she, behind the sunglasses, has two huge bags under each eye! I know a gorgeous woman like she was, couldn't look good <all> the time, but nevertheless..seems somehow she didn't get a good night sleep when this picture was taken. What was keeping her awake at night?
Old 10-03-2006, 04:40 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess olga
Wow, that's kindof a scary picture: when you look closely, it seems like she, behind the sunglasses, has two huge bags under each eye! I know a gorgeous woman like she was, couldn't look good <all> the time, but nevertheless..seems somehow she didn't get a good night sleep when this picture was taken. What was keeping her awake at night?
Scary? Princess Grace still demonstrates a classier way to conceal her imperfections than a trip to the surgeon.
Old 10-10-2006, 05:21 PM
Royal Highness

Another beautiful portrait just click away

(SCGaynor auctions)
Old 10-11-2006, 03:13 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by royrrules
Scary? Princess Grace still demonstrates a classier way to conceal her imperfections than a trip to the surgeon.
I agree, "scary" is a bit strange, no beautiful woman can look absolutely perfect every single day of her life..
Ianna, thank you for these two wonderful pics you've posted, I like that fresh dress on the first pic and the portrait is so nice! Thanks!
Old 10-11-2006, 07:11 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower
That's a really wonderful picture, kirstengrafin, thanks a lot!
What does that credit "teNeues/MSWS" mean, did you take it from a book?

Grace with glasses:

(Semana)
Is it just me or does someone else see a black eye behind those glasses? I am not saying domestic violence, she could have walked into a door, or Albert accidentally thrown his base ball bat into her face. We all know what a playboy he is.
Old 10-12-2006, 03:14 AM
Gentry

Princess Grace was a such a beautiful person on the inside too.
Princess Grace had her own imperfections about her apperance she alwyas thought her jaw was too square. I like te square shape myself. She would only have her pic taken at a certain angle. Becasue she thought one side of her face was squer than the other. But I love strong jaw lines like that she had that classic German jaw, the German beauty overrall.

Quote:

Yes charlotte and stephanie do look alike. I didnt notice this until recently but Stephanie and Cahrlotte share the same smile and laugh and many facial expresison and body language,Charlotte also share many facial expression with Grace and body language.
Old 10-12-2006, 06:50 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianna
Another beautiful portrait just click away

(SCGaynor auctions)
Ianna - what a great photo! I think the photo of Charlotte in your avatar (is that what it's called?) and this photo of Grace show similarities!
Old 11-24-2006, 04:31 AM
Gentry

Princess Grace and Josephine Baker

It was thoughtful and caring of Princess Grace to do this for Josephine Baker and her family. Does anybody know anything about what and how it happened? I wonder if any of the children still live in Monaca.

Josephine believed that "children of different ethnicity and religions could be brothers." She bought Château de Milandes, a castle in which to raise her tribe. She called them "an experiment in brotherhood." After various health problems, she eventually went broke. Princess Grace of Monaco (Grace Kelly) came to her rescue, helping her stage a comeback and find a new place for her tribe. Source: TMZ
Old 11-24-2006, 06:14 AM
Serene Highness

Not that I know, but I saw an interview with one of them not too long ago. Apparently they are still attached to Monaco, but he always referred to Grace and Rainier as helping, not only Grace. I believe Rainier knew Josephine way before he met Grace. She had performed in Monaco if I am not mistaken and Rainier used to visit performing artists later and send them gifts. At least that's what Colette wrote about the young Rainier.
Old 11-29-2006, 04:08 AM
Super Moderator

Some nice pics of Grace - isopix:

Grace 1 Grace in 1976 Grace in 1975 Grace in 1980 Grace in 1965
Old 11-29-2006, 12:17 PM
Nobility

Thanks Iceflower. The last 3 pictures are especially nice. I am not crazy about the glasses in the first 2 pictures though. I know it was the types of glasses worn then but I don't like them. She is still beautiful though.
Old 11-29-2006, 08:26 PM
Commoner

I wish these photos were close up. In any event, this is for the Princess Grace Foundation per the caption, location Paris. If you enlarge some you can see family pictures.

http://editorial.gettyimages.com/sou...%7c0&p=7&tag=1

hope i did this correctly.
Old 11-30-2006, 04:24 AM
Courtier

Oh thank you. That shows one of my favorite photos (which I've been trying to retrack down to make my avatar) of Grace in blue holding a bonny baby Albert. Both are so smiley, its pure happiness.

If this link works, its the second one from the right or third from the left.

Ann
Old 11-30-2006, 02:46 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suonymona
Oh thank you. That shows one of my favorite photos (which I've been trying to retrack down to make my avatar) of Grace in blue holding a bonny baby Albert. Both are so smiley, its pure happiness.

If this link works, its the second one from the right or third from the left.

Ann
i love that one too ... it's just something about photos of that family during that time period i love ... imo talk about classic shots for the history books ... not too many celebrities/royals/princely families etc ... imo (and this is strictly from an artistic standpoint) have been able to do that ... not to build the grimaldi's up because we all know their foibles but its just "something" about them when they are captured in photos that imo few famous exude ...
Old 12-01-2006, 03:04 AM
Courtier

Yes the Grimaldis are good-looking. Yes, they have had tragic events in their lives. Yes, they have made good and poor choices in life. Yes, they are one of the few reigning Royal Families who have a lot of hands-on power in their country.

Yet, when captured in their private moments, they exude such love and happiness for and with each other that it conveys a little sense of wonder and almost magic.

Even my own family's photos don't seem to have that "shine" to them (and we're not an ugly lot).

Ann
Old 12-01-2006, 04:11 AM
Super Moderator

Thanks to Ianna I've found the following pic of the wonderful looking Grace -acpix

Grace in 1974