The late Princess Grace part 3

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That link is dead. Anyway of hosting it on photobucket or some such ice?

Ann

Suonymona said:
That link is dead. Anyway of hosting it on photobucket or some such ice?

Ann
Oh, I'm sorry, I had not looked into this thread for some time, here is the pic of Grace in 1974 again:
Grace 1974

iceflower said:
The gown is by Madame Gres one of Grace's favourite couturiers and the red signifies theater.

The only flaw I can find with Princess Grace are the innumerable parallel lines on the side of her cheeks{outside the fa ling lines} when she smiled.These would be dimples if they were one set but they are many.
Caroline has this too when she is smiling and laughing.
That is the reason I noticed because she smiled and laughed and brought that to us;lines or no.

Last edited by a moderator:
iceflower said:
Great pics, girls :) Here are some more:

10nykub.jpg

(PdV, Bunte, FIS)

Hello Iceflower :flowers: Do you know an exact date of the pic above? What is the year or how old Grace was at that time?

great picture , she was lovely at ever age in her life !! lucky woman

originally posted by AquaMarine
Hello Iceflower :flowers: Do you know an exact date of the pic above? What is the year or how old Grace was at that time?

I believe she was in her mid forties at this time. She really aged well and always looked graceful.

There are two great intimate photos of Princess Grace at Rocagel (cutting boy's hair and playing table football:flowers: :) ) at Richard Roe's website, i.e. in his Newsletter Feb issue.

Link to the page & photos

AquaMarine said:

I'm sorry I can't tell you the exact date, the pic has been part of an article looking back on her life but without any dates..
Ianna, thanks for that link with these two very private pics, it's great to see Grace like this!
Here is another pic of her, taken in her last summer in 1982:

Grace in 1982

iceflower said:
I'm sorry I can't tell you the exact date, the pic has been part of an article looking back on her life but without any dates..
Ianna, thanks for that link with these two very private pics, it's great to see Grace like this!
Here is another pic of her, taken in her last summer in 1982:

Grace in 1982

Now, that's a Princess. Thanks for these priceless pics in this thread :)

Thanks to tbhrc, I found this very nice pic of Grace in her last years, maybe it's been taken during an interview, I'm not sure:) :

Grace

iceflower said:
Thanks to tbhrc, I found this very nice pic of Grace in her last years, maybe it's been taken during an interview, I'm not sure:) :

Grace

Yes, that must have been for an American TV interview. That is Mike Douglas next to her. He had a talk show based in Philly & broadcast nationwide in the 70's (and probably longer). It was on everyday after school.

When Rosie O'Donnell first did her talk show, people compared it to Mike Douglas' in how nice and gentle she treated her guests (celeb or no).

The Mike Douglas Show was the place to go for a "softball" (easy questions that most everyone already knows the PR answers to) interview. I bet Grace was quite happy to do a little something for all the USA fans.

How long before her death was that interview done? Given her wardrobe and such, I'm guessing fall of 1981.

Suonymona said:
When Rosie O'Donnell first did her talk show, people compared it to Mike Douglas' in how nice and gentle she treated her guests (celeb or no).

The Mike Douglas Show was the place to go for a "softball" (easy questions that most everyone already knows the PR answers to) interview. I bet Grace was quite happy to do a little something for all the USA fans.

How long before her death was that interview done? Given her wardrobe and such, I'm guessing fall of 1981.

According to themikedouglasshow.com Princess Grace was a guest on 5/11/73 and 11/12/79. (I'm sure the photo in question is from the 1979 interview, and if so it was Princess Grace who started the whole ruffled blouse trend and not Princess Diana!) It also lists Prince Rainier as a guest on 11/12/79 and 11/15/79, and Princess Caroline and Prince Albert as guests on 11/15/79! I would love to see those interviews! The website says most episodes are available....

Edit - $95.00 an episode! Guess I won't be ordering those.

Last edited:
There hasn't been a big push to release the Douglas interviews on DVD like the old Johnny Carson and Dick Cavett shows (which are much cheaper).

I would guess they were interviewed en masse during one day and then edited for separate shows. I bet they are all wearing the same clothes during the Friday (12/11/79) and Monday (15/11/79) ones.

My feeling is that Stephanie was either not out from school for holiday break or perhaps was still uncomfortable in front of international press and Grace let her "pass".

When was the last largely seen/significant interview Princess Grace granted before her untimely demise? Was it that spring or the previous fall?

I seem to remember a great deal of hoopla over some USA newsmagazine (perhaps Barbara Walters on 20-20?) airing their "exclusive final" chat with Grace on the fifteenth anniversary a decade back. Morbidly, I'm hoping they'll do it again.

As far as I remember Grace's last interview was on July 1982 for 20/20 and she was wearing a white dress with green flowers. There are also some family pictures with Rainier, Albert, Grace, and Stephanie in the Palace's garden from that day.

It was in this interview, her final one, where she said that she'd like to be remembered as a decent and caring human being who did her job right. When asked about her children she said that how did the press dare to assume her feelings and thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom