The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2006, 09:12 PM
Commoner

I hate to say this but Princess Grace's father thought Peg was the best looking. He should have had thicker glasses Grace was the most beautiful and talented.

Old 08-03-2006, 09:23 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trudie
I hate to say this but Princess Grace's father thought Peg was the best looking. He should have had thicker glasses Grace was the most beautiful and talented.
Peggy was their dad's favorite as she was his first-born child and she possessed a lot of characteristics that delighted her father. So that's why he felt that way about Baba (Peggy). All the Kellys are/were good looking, but yes, I also think that Grace was the most gorgeous and talented of all.

Thank you for all the pics; they are all very delightful. I haven't been to this thread in awhile and I say, it was worth it.

Kindness is the magic elixir of love - The Practice of Kindness
Old 08-05-2006, 04:28 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Flowerpower, both of your pics are wonderful. The first one as I love pics of royals being photographed while taking pics themselves and the second one as it is so special and private. Could you tell us the year that second pic was taken and was it a photoshot or was it a private pic? Thanks
Old 08-05-2006, 10:21 PM
Nobility

Hi iceflower I’ am glad you like the pic, I personally love it !! Pss Grace looked so relax, in her own world…
For responding to you’re question, I have to check the clipping for that info.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower
Flowerpower, both of your pics are wonderful. The first one as I love pics of royals being photographed while taking pics themselves and the second one as it is so special and private. Could you tell us the year that second pic was taken and was it a photoshot or was it a private pic? Thanks
Some more Pics from the flowerpower archive ….

(hola,paris match)

The Kelly Bag

Old 08-06-2006, 12:10 AM
Courtier

The kelly bag one, is is possible to make an avatar of Grace's face from that? Grace looks quite lovely there. Black & white suited her very well.

Ann
Old 08-09-2006, 03:13 AM
Super Moderator

A pic taken from a very nice perspective and showing a wonderful Grace:

(GENTE)
Old 08-09-2006, 04:08 AM
Courtier

Grace had amazing profile.

Ann
Old 08-11-2006, 12:58 PM
Serene Highness

Please forgive me if this question has been answered already, but as a Catholic monarchs consort, why would Grace have worn black to the papal audience? I thought that catholic royalty wore white to see the pope and non-catholics wore black. Any ideas???
Old 08-11-2006, 05:08 PM
Nobility

Iceflower I do love that pic, there are occasions were Pss Grace was even better looking...
One were as think she Look Stunning!! at Cannes Festival
(hola)

Old 08-11-2006, 08:21 PM
Super Moderator

Location: Down the street. It's the third house on the right, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimebear
Please forgive me if this question has been answered already, but as a Catholic monarchs consort, why would Grace have worn black to the papal audience? I thought that catholic royalty wore white to see the pope and non-catholics wore black. Any ideas???
I think (but am not 100% sure) that you wear black if you've been confirmed. You wear white if you haven't been confirmed (ie, the young children). All women (from the pictures I've seen) wear black while at the Vatican in the presence of the Pope. And you wear a veil over your hair

Live, Highlander. Grow stronger. Fight another day. Highlander: The Series

Old 08-11-2006, 09:44 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Jennifer
I think (but am not 100% sure) that you wear black if you've been confirmed. You wear white if you haven't been confirmed (ie, the young children). All women (from the pictures I've seen) wear black while at the Vatican in the presence of the Pope. And you wear a veil over your hair
I believe for Catholic monarchs there is something called "le privilege de blanc" which allows queens, the Grand Duchess of Luxembourg, and a few others to wear white. All others wear black including non-Catholics. I believe the veil is for confirmed women but again am not sure -- it has something to do with the old rule that women were not allowed into a church without a head covering.
Old 08-11-2006, 10:46 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinklady1991
I believe for Catholic monarchs there is something called "le privilege de blanc" which allows queens, the Grand Duchess of Luxembourg, and a few others to wear white. All others wear black including non-Catholics. I believe the veil is for confirmed women but again am not sure -- it has something to do with the old rule that women were not allowed into a church without a head covering.
That's my point. Although Grace wasn't a queen, she was just as much of a royal consort as the Grand Duchess and a devoted and practicing Catholic. It just makes no sense to me.
Old 08-22-2006, 05:24 AM
Commoner

Question

To tbhrc, I remember you said recently in another thread that Grace had a hard time adjusting to becoming a princess and that "the monegasque people couldn't stand her. It took Grace years to win their hearts.... But this is another subject....". I was wondering if I could read about this anywhere on the internet - or did you read about it in one of your books on Grace? Thanks.
Old 08-22-2006, 06:33 AM
Aristocracy

Thank you all for your pictures, they are so wonderful. Princess Grace was not only beautiful, her radiance after she became a princess is extraordinary. And I love to see her clothes. I hope they are still in the palace waiting to be used a again.
Old 08-22-2006, 11:34 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey321
To tbhrc, I remember you said recently in another thread that Grace had a hard time adjusting to becoming a princess and that "the monegasque people couldn't stand her. It took Grace years to win their hearts.... But this is another subject....". I was wondering if I could read about this anywhere on the internet - or did you read about it in one of your books on Grace? Thanks.
Yes I read it in her biography Once Upon a Time: Behind the Fairy Tale of Princess Grace and Prince Rainier by J. Randy Taraborrelli.
Old 08-22-2006, 02:03 PM
Commoner

Thanks - I'll have to keep an eye out for it!
Old 08-28-2006, 11:52 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: Somewhere in the middle of the River Po Valley, Italy
Princess Grace visiting Venice with a friend in 1973 (grazianeri)
Old 09-02-2006, 03:35 AM
Super Moderator

Grace and her flowers:

(Bunte)
Old 09-03-2006, 01:23 AM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennism
I just wanted to tell everybody that you can now buy the book that is a companion piece to the display of the Wedding dress at the Museum of Art in Philadelphia. It's reasonably priced and it is a great book. Nice beautiful photos in it. Here it is at Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/030...books&v=glance
I have also seen it at Borders as well. So keep an eye out for it. It's a beautiful book.
Old 09-11-2006, 04:16 PM
Gentry

Rembering Grace - 24 years Later

Excerpt of lyrics from the Nat King Cole classic:

Unforgettable, that’s what you are
Unforgettable, though near or far
Like a song of love that clings to me
How the thought of you does things to me
Never before has someone been more
Unforgettable, in every way

And forevermore,
That’s how you’ll stay.'

The Monte Carlo Symphony Orchestra performed Grace's favourite piece of classical music at her funeral service on September 18, 1982 - Samuel Barber's 'Adagio For Strings'. This piece of music was haunting, lovely, breath-takingly beautiful, exqusite, deep, intense, mysterious - much like the woman it was performed in honour of.

As Grace loved roses, I thought I would post this rather sweet ode to the rose:

'You love the roses - so do I. I wish
The sky would rain down roses, as they rain
From off the shaken bush. Why will it not?
Then all the valley would be pink and white
And soft to tread on. They would fall as light
As feathers, smelling sweet: and it would be
Like sleeping and yet waking, all at once.
You are asleep now, yet your beauty
Like the rose, shall not vanish in my minds eye.'

Grace Patricia Kelly-Grimaldi, H.S.H. Princess Grace de Monaco
1929 - 1982

Rest In Peace.