The late Princess Grace part 3

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
why did rainier and grace go threw a bad time at one point in there marriage?
I have heard rumours but thats what I thought they where rumours???

Grace spent a lot of time with Caroline in Paris during the early 1970s.
Rainier and Grace had very different schedules. With their children almost gone, they might not have had a lot left in common.
They eventually made some sort of peace with it as they seemed much closer by the end of the decade.

Again, this is all speculation. No one knows for sure what did or didn't happen. There are natural ebbs and flows in any relationship that would last for over 25 years. Living in the public eye causes any speck of sand to become the next Mt. Everest.

Ann

Thanks for that , you are so right about "Living in the public eye causes any speck of sand to become the next Mt. Everest." .

Chi magazine

t5lr2w.jpg

t5lr4g.jpg

grace43qn.jpg
grace33zm.jpg

Pictures from Farabola fotos (I hate this watermarks)

Tbhrc, I already posted that pic at the market in the shopping thread, as it is so rare to see her like that :)
And Marilla, you are right, these farabola watermarks really destroy those wonderful pics..

Here are some more of mine:

t6uyj9.jpg
t6uyq9.jpg
t6v1ia.jpg

(FIS, HOLA)

I love your pics Ice !! The princess is wonderul at al age in all situation !!:)

Thanks for all the great pictures

Great pics everyone! :D

BTW welcome back Nina, like Ice said in another thread, you seem to really have gone into the archives of PDV! Great job :)

BTW do you happen to know exactly when and where was the first pic from your last post taken. I know it's from 1980.

The 2nd pic you posted it's impressive, if I'm not mistaken Grace was walking on the roof of the Louvre while they filmed her participation for "The Children of Theather Street" in 1977.

monaco70s said:
Great pics everyone! :D

BTW welcome back Nina, like Ice said in another thread, you seem to really have gone into the archives of PDV! Great job :)

BTW do you happen to know exactly when and where was the first pic from your last post taken. I know it's from 1980.

The 2nd pic you posted it's impressive, if I'm not mistaken Grace was walking on the roof of the Louvre while they filmed her participation for "The Children of Theather Street" in 1977.

It's always a pleasure Monaco70s !!

In the first pics I don't remember excatly te events sorry !!:eek:
On the second the princess walk on the roof of Opera Garnier in paris it was in december 1977 and it was excatly for the children of theater street !
She do the comments in this documentary !

Oh thanks Nina :) Yes you're right it was the Opera ;) She worked with Robert Dornhelm on that film. I wonder if there are more pics of her when she did "Rearranged" in 1982. I've seen some footage and like 2 pics or so.

Grace Kelly/Princess Grace of Monaco will always be a true beauty icon.

Just a (very) random question: did Grace wear hairpieces from time to time? She had some unique chignons and up-dos.

BurberryBrit said:
Just a (very) random question: did Grace wear hairpieces from time to time? She had some unique chignons and up-dos.

Yup.

She kept these hairpieces in boxes in her bathroom, with each box featuring an illustration of the hairpieces. Apparently, she can attach them herself. But there are times where she doesn't want to do so, and just uses her turbans and scarves (which her Dior designer, Marc Bohan, was not crazy about). Good thing her face (how can her porcelain skin and incredible bone structure go wrong???) can look good in those turbans that really emphasize facial features and flaws.

This I read from her biography by Sarah Bradford.

Nina8675 said:
I love your pics Ice !! The princess is wonderul at al age in all situation !!:)
And I love yours, Nina and I totally agree with you, Grace has always been beautiful!

royrrules said:
Yup.

She kept these hairpieces in boxes in her bathroom, with each box featuring an illustration of the hairpieces. Apparently, she can attach them herself. But there are times where she doesn't want to do so, and just uses her turbans and scarves (which her Dior designer, Marc Bohan, was not crazy about). Good thing her face (how can her porcelain skin and incredible bone structure go wrong???) can look good in those turbans that really emphasize facial features and flaws.

Thank you! I guess she liked to be versatile.

royrrules said:
Yup.

Yeah Grace loved to use hairpieces,extensions,wig pieces:cool: :cool: , because she had fine,thin hair. She needed more hair! :p :p :) :)

The Philladephia Museum of Art, www.philamuseum.org has an exhibition, "Fit for a Princess: Grace Kelly’s Wedding Dress". This collection will be on view from April 1, 2006 - May 21, 2006. The online museum store offers a catalog is available for puchase, "Grace Kelly: Icon of Style to Royal Bride". I can not go to Philladelphia to see this collection, has anyone see this yet?

I found some pictures of Grace's dress on display, they're also displaying the dresses used by the bridesmaids and the flower girls.

Source: AP

v6knyd.jpg

v6kpht.jpg

v6kpli.jpg

v6kprn.jpg

monaco70s said:
I found some pictures of Grace's dress on display, they're also displaying the dresses used by the bridesmaids and the flower girls.

Source: AP

I've posted those pics in the Rainier and Grace wedding thread... ;):p Take a look....

Princess Grace's interview with Merv Griffith, given in 1976, is part of the new DVD collection Merv is releasing this week (to the USA).

The interview is in English. Grace has a very polished voice. It was taped in the Palace gardens. Some audio is a little rough due to the wind.

She talks about not being able to drive the hills effectively wearing her glasses-which makes for a interesting portent for what happened later. She points out where on the road above the palace "To Catch a Thief" was filmed. She mentions her children still correct her French twenty years later.

The entertainment show only showed a minute of compiled clips but the full interview is over twenty.

Ann

I'm glad you liked it, monaco70s! :)

Princess Grace is gorgeous on these last pics... thank you Nina, the third one is totally new for me. She is so pretty with that hat and the jacket! Wow.....

Princess Grace of Monaco attends international conference in Austria - ITN Stills

vgms02.jpg
vgms1s.jpg
vgms5v.jpg
vgms7m.jpg

agogo said:
The Philladephia Museum of Art, www.philamuseum.org has an exhibition, "Fit for a Princess: Grace Kelly’s Wedding Dress". This collection will be on view from April 1, 2006 - May 21, 2006. The online museum store offers a catalog is available for puchase, "Grace Kelly: Icon of Style to Royal Bride". I can not go to Philladelphia to see this collection, has anyone see this yet?

I am going to see it next week. Here is an article all about Grace and her wedding dress:

http://www.philly.com/mld/inquirer/news/magazine/daily/14364833.htm

America’s Own Princess

By 1956, Grace Kelly was calling it quits after a movie-acting career of only five years—but what a career it was. Her 11 films included the 1952 classic High Noon, the 1956 musical High Society, and the Alfred Hitchcock-directed masterpieces Dial M for Murder, Rear Window, and To Catch a Thief. She had won an Oscar for her role in 1954’s The Country Girl—and all this before her twenty-seventh birthday. She was already Hollywood royalty, to be sure. But on April 19, 1956—50 years ago today—she became a true princess: Her Serene Highness, Princess Grace of Monaco.

http://www.americanheritage.com/art...osby-prince-rainier-monaco-high-society.shtml

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom