The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2006, 10:06 PM
Royal Highness

It's in the eyes! Stephanie's eyes and eyebrows are none other than her aunt's. Even the separation of the eyes is a noticeable trait.
Caroline, on the other hand, has more of her paternal grandmother in her. She and her daugther are almost made from the same mold as Rainier's mother, although Caroline and Charlotte improved the genetic recipe with Grace's own Irish-American beauty.

Old 04-03-2006, 02:40 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toledo
It's in the eyes! Stephanie's eyes and eyebrows are none other than her aunt's. Even the separation of the eyes is a noticeable trait.
Caroline, on the other hand, has more of her paternal grandmother in her. She and her daugther are almost made from the same mold as Rainier's mother, although Caroline and Charlotte improved the genetic recipe with Grace's own Irish-American beauty.
Rainier's mother, Princess Charlotte, had the same dark features Caroline and Charlotte have, but she did not possess the remarkable bone structure which Caroline and her daughter have. Caroline has her aunt Peggy's facial bone structure. The Kelly women had such high cheekbones which Caroline fortunately inherited, but Grace had a stronger jaw which made her square faced more than Peggy and Caroline.

Old 04-03-2006, 11:09 PM
Royal Highness

Then Caroline and Charlotte are like the lucky improved versions of two family trees with different types of beauty. The Celtic (Irish) genes of the Kellys and the Mediterranean Latin (Franco-Italian) genes of the Grimaldis.
Old 04-04-2006, 06:28 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toledo
Then Caroline and Charlotte are like the lucky improved versions of two family trees with different types of beauty. The Celtic (Irish) genes of the Kellys and the Mediterranean Latin (Franco-Italian) genes of the Grimaldis.
Yeah,it's such a great combination!

Grace must be very much missed in Monaco,isn't she??
Old 04-04-2006, 10:38 AM
Serene Highness

i live in the states and still miss her, how could they not. imo she was the most beautiful, classiest, lovely princess there will ever be. you'll hear people comparing various princesses to princess Diana but u never will hear someone compared to Princess Grace and i doubt anyone can ever be of her stature, because she was so beautiful both inside and outside.
Old 04-04-2006, 03:14 PM
Nobility

The beautiful grace as we love her !

Tbhrc and all member you missed me a lot, I'm very happy to be with you now for a long times !:p

PDV

Old 04-04-2006, 06:04 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbb
i live in the states and still miss her, how could they not. imo she was the most beautiful, classiest, lovely princess there will ever be. you'll hear people comparing various princesses to princess Diana but u never will hear someone compared to Princess Grace and i doubt anyone can ever be of her stature, because she was so beautiful both inside and outside.
Despite what Princess Diana has done with her charity and good work, the British are actually divided as to who they side with, Diana or the rest of the Windsors.

For Grace though, the Monegasques revere her like a saint. She made the world aware of the little principality's existence. And when she represented them in official royal events, I'm sure all eyes were on her. Whenever I see pictures of her in her gowns and hairpieces, I get the feeling that such days of magic died with her. Nobody came and comes close.
Old 04-05-2006, 07:22 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by royrrules
Despite what Princess Diana has done with her charity and good work, the British are actually divided as to who they side with, Diana or the rest of the Windsors.

For Grace though, the Monegasques revere her like a saint. She made the world aware of the little principality's existence. And when she represented them in official royal events, I'm sure all eyes were on her. Whenever I see pictures of her in her gowns and hairpieces, I get the feeling that such days of magic died with her. Nobody came and comes close.
That seems to be the general perception on the two late princesess. When we think of Diana all the good and bad things that happened to her come up in our minds intemingling in one image. But when we think about Grace there is an idea of this extraordinarily beautiful princess and mother of three that died too young. Even though she was older than Diana when she died.
Old 04-06-2006, 01:49 AM
Courtier

I wonder if Grace had married in the 80s and not yet died (running parallel with Diana so to speak) if she would have divorced Rainier now that its not so scandalous?

I think Grace was the kind of person who stuck it out and things did seem to get better between her and Rainier in the late 70s. Even in this day of the ever-intrusive media, she would not have allowed things to be known like Diana did through Andrew Morton, friends tattling and her own interviews.

Mystery keeps her illusion alive.

Ann
Old 04-06-2006, 04:38 AM
Nobility

I really don't think that she would ever divorced Rainier..but this is only my opinion..!
Old 04-06-2006, 04:50 AM
Courtier

why did rainier and grace go threw a bad time at one point in there marriage?
I have heard rumours but thats what I thought they where rumours???
Old 04-06-2006, 05:18 AM
Courtier

Grace spent a lot of time with Caroline in Paris during the early 1970s.
Rainier and Grace had very different schedules. With their children almost gone, they might not have had a lot left in common.
They eventually made some sort of peace with it as they seemed much closer by the end of the decade.

Again, this is all speculation. No one knows for sure what did or didn't happen. There are natural ebbs and flows in any relationship that would last for over 25 years. Living in the public eye causes any speck of sand to become the next Mt. Everest.

Ann
Old 04-06-2006, 05:29 AM
Courtier

Thanks for that , you are so right about "Living in the public eye causes any speck of sand to become the next Mt. Everest." .
Old 04-06-2006, 10:04 AM
Majesty

Chi magazine

Old 04-06-2006, 02:27 PM
Aristocracy

Pictures from Farabola fotos (I hate this watermarks)
Old 04-07-2006, 02:33 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Tbhrc, I already posted that pic at the market in the shopping thread, as it is so rare to see her like that :)
And Marilla, you are right, these farabola watermarks really destroy those wonderful pics..

Here are some more of mine:

(FIS, HOLA)
Old 04-07-2006, 03:57 AM
Nobility

I love your pics Ice !! The princess is wonderul at al age in all situation !!:)
Old 04-07-2006, 11:17 AM
Nobility

Thanks for all the great pictures
Old 04-07-2006, 02:28 PM
Nobility

Princes Grace ..........
(PDV)

Old 04-08-2006, 09:29 AM
Heir Presumptive

Great pics everyone!

BTW welcome back Nina, like Ice said in another thread, you seem to really have gone into the archives of PDV! Great job :)

BTW do you happen to know exactly when and where was the first pic from your last post taken. I know it's from 1980.

The 2nd pic you posted it's impressive, if I'm not mistaken Grace was walking on the roof of the Louvre while they filmed her participation for "The Children of Theather Street" in 1977.