The Late Princess Grace of Monaco - Part VI

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not sure but I think she is 48 at that photo

really like these pictures of the princess !! how old was she here?

As those pics are from the tribute gala for Alfred Hitchcock in New
York in April 1974, she was 44 when these pics were taken.

Thanks dear iceflower for the information.I did not know the exact date:flowers:

Beautiful photo,queenofthelight,I have never seen before.She wears a turban.She usually wears turbans,because with her beautiful face the turbans suited her very well.:flowers:

The privilege are for Catholic Queens, Grand Duchesses of Luxembourg and Princesses of the Italian Royal Family (of course, they can opt to wear white or not - Queen Élisabeth of the Belgians, for example, wore black when she visited the Vatican City). This is not extended to the Princesses Consort of Monaco and Liechtenstein. So, Grace hadn't the privilege of wearing white (Princess Marie of Liechtenstein also wore black when visiting the Pope). And this has nothing to do with being Spanish. The Spanish tradition is to wear a mantilla when visiting The Pope. So, Fabiola wore white because she was a Catholic Queen, not because she was born a Spanish lady. And in the Vatican, she didn't wore a mantilla.

She wears beautiful rubie jewels in the last photo

Perhaps Zubiaur could help with this...

There is a picture of Grace in her pink ball gown. It is a black and white picture and it is very similar to this one (http://i39.tinypic.com/wmi3aq.jpg) except that she is not smiling.

Does anyone have this picture? I can't find it :(

Nevertheless, you have posted a very beautiful photo, which was made in far 1965 in Monaco! The dress, style and colour are unforgettable!!!
Thank you for posting, Missmandyberry!!!

It's very similar to that one, but this one will do perfectly! Thank you so much!

How I love Grace strongly in this pink dress!!! She is so beautiful. A true Queen of Monaco. Nothing to be added.

I think you're referring to the one where she's seated wearing that same dress. The pic is from 1966 when there was a Ball to celebrate the 100 years of Monte Carlo.

Beautiful photos,queenofthelight.She is really glamorous in these photos:flowers:

:flowers::flowers::flowers:Dear Missmandyberry!!!
I have fallen in love with all your photos of Grace, especially the pics are the second and the last one. I must admit you have a great collection of Princess Grace's photos. Each photo is a history of this wonderful woman!!!
I can't say.... Just this is for you! :butterfly::heartflower::heartflower::heartflower:

Your photos are great,missmandyberry:clap:.Thanks for posting.You have a marvellous collection.Please post more.I like specially the second one,and the one of the ball of the century.She is spectacular.The one in which she is reaching a flower,is so dangerous...:rose::rose::rose2::heartflower:

I just bought Grace's book on flowers along with her nephew Christian de Massey's book. They both have tons of pics! I'll post more within a few days!

Great photos missmandyberry and queenofthelight! Do you happen to have more photos from 1969's Rose Ball?

This dress is one of my favourite!!! Thank you, dear Zubiaur, for your posting.

I think her dress belongs to the House of Dior. Am I right or not?

Last edited by a moderator:
I don´t know, but most of Grace´s dresses were of Dior, of Marc Bohan
Please watch in video links all the videos of Grace ,specially the one, posted today, in which she with a beautiful hair style ,presents Frank Sinatra.I hope you enjoy all the videos of Grace:flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom