The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2009, 05:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

^in that pic Grace looks stunning, and as Elly C said, i've never seen it before. She was such a beautiful, classy and elegant lady!

Old 07-02-2009, 06:25 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elly C View Post
I think the way Grace developed her role as Princess in Monaco was very much to her credit. She instigated so many tradition and patronised many good causes so that she made Monaco a place that attracted a great deal of worldwide publicity and interest. Accounts indicate that she initially found it difficult to adjust to the traditions of Palace life, but gradually won people over with her dedication & charm. Monaco must may have seemed a cage at times, but over time she managed to find a way to "break out" & take her place on the international stage.
I think so too but I originally thought perhaps at first when she was young and still at the peak of her own career it might have been hard for her to give it all up so early and that she might have had some regrets, but I was pleased to see an interview she did not long after she became Princess of Monaco where she had the maturity to see her new position to do something altruistic and I think she had the kind of sincerity as to the type of person she really was, even while still so young. In that interview she seemed to know exactly what she was doing and where her life was going. It made me believe that perhaps she missed certain things but still had few regrets in her life.

Old 07-02-2009, 10:04 PM
Nobility

I browsed through the Paul Burrell-authored biography of Princess Diana.

He mentioned that during the pre-wedding ball, he took care of the table with Diana and Princess Grace, and noted that Grace was the most beautiful woman he ever saw and that she even outshone the bride-to-be.

I found this admission to be extremely sensational. This is a man who worked for one of the icons of beauty and fashion of recent years, and he still is deeply struck by Princess Grace and mentions it in his book on Diana. He also mentioned that Diana was deeply saddened by Grace's death, and that she considered Grace as the epitome of beauty and fashion. She even called one of her dresses her "Grace Kelly" dress.
Old 07-03-2009, 12:10 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by royrrules View Post
I browsed through the Paul Burrell-authored biography of Princess Diana.

He mentioned that during the pre-wedding ball, he took care of the table with Diana and Princess Grace, and noted that Grace was the most beautiful woman he ever saw and that she even outshone the bride-to-be.

I found this admission to be extremely sensational. This is a man who worked for one of the icons of beauty and fashion of recent years, and he still is deeply struck by Princess Grace and mentions it in his book on Diana. He also mentioned that Diana was deeply saddened by Grace's death, and that she considered Grace as the epitome of beauty and fashion. She even called one of her dresses her "Grace Kelly" dress.
That's really interesting royrrules Do you know which dress she meant?
Old 07-05-2009, 12:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

I know princess Diana really admired princess Grace ,and the dress you refer I think, was the black one ,Princess Diana wore, in her first meeting with princess Grace
Old 07-05-2009, 12:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZUBIAUR View Post
I know princess Diana really admired princess Grace ,and the dress you refer I think, was the black one ,Princess Diana wore, in her first meeting with princess Grace
Dear Zubiaur, you have known so many facts of Grace Kelly.
It's time to write your own book of Princess Grace.
Old 07-05-2009, 02:24 PM
Serene Highness

Red face Glistening Seas

We too had wondered which dress DIANA talked about being her PSSS GRACE dress.

Perhaps the strapless that made such a stir when DIANA wore it on an outing with Prince Charles
Old 07-06-2009, 07:15 PM
Nobility

I will get the book in order to quote it exactly, and give you the actual page number. I don't think it was the one she wore in their first encounter because based on what I have read, Diana wasn't too happy with the low cut of that gown. And she was much more reserved and shy in those early years.
Old 07-06-2009, 07:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

This is the dress:
http://i27.tinypic.com/ou01s7.jpg
http://i32.tinypic.com/5cznd0.jpg
Princess Diana was very nervous when she met Princess Grace for the first time,because Grace was her favourite actress.Diana told the designers of her dress to design for this night something special, to met her favourite actress because Princess Diana was a fan Of princess GraceTwo great fairytale´s princesses together,two icons of style,my two favourite princesses together
Old 07-06-2009, 07:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

It was really cool that Diana and Grace got to met each other. They were the two fairy tale princess of the XX Century. And they both share somewhat the same tragic destiny. They will always be remembered as two icons of style and as great human beings too
Old 07-09-2009, 09:41 AM
Heir Apparent

Princess Grace in mid-70s.

http://i28.tinypic.com/2q86c7b.jpg (1974)
http://i29.tinypic.com/24nl5xz.jpg (the same year)
http://i31.tinypic.com/2ai1npk.jpg (1976)
Old 07-10-2009, 09:59 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenofthelight View Post
Princess Grace looks so elegant in these pictures. I noticed Princess Caroline in the background in the last picture. Thank you for posting these pics, queenofthelight.
Old 07-10-2009, 10:51 PM
Heir Presumptive

Great pics! I've neer seen them before, thank you queenofthelight. In the last pic we can see that Caroline inherited her mother's beautiful smile.
Old 07-12-2009, 10:29 AM
Aristocracy

http://i29.tinypic.com/rgxoqg.jpg
(Other Images Press, 1962)
Old 07-12-2009, 10:34 AM
Heir Presumptive

Great pic mdeledda,a pic I have never seen before.The dress is pink and it has a camafeo.It is one of my favourite dresses of her.Thanks for posting
Old 07-12-2009, 11:04 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdeledda View Post
This photo is one of my favourite ones. Princess Grace is thirty one years old at this photo. She looks relaxed and really happy, with a sincere smile on her face.
I appreciate all work, which you have done in the Monaco thread.
Thank you, Mdeledda.
Old 07-12-2009, 12:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdeledda View Post
This is the dress:
http://i30.tinypic.com/2w2logi.jpg
http://i25.tinypic.com/9gys05.jpg
Old 07-13-2009, 06:21 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZUBIAUR View Post
Yes, this Princess Grace's dress is simply adorable and one of my favourite outfits of hers.
I like her white suede glovers.
Old 07-17-2009, 01:05 PM
Heir Apparent

Princess Grace visits New York (1976-77).

http://i25.tinypic.com/2d94ccl.jpg
http://i31.tinypic.com/9kqydg.jpg
http://i25.tinypic.com/sxoxl5.jpg (Monaco, 1974)
Old 07-17-2009, 01:07 PM
Heir Presumptive

I love the second pic! no matter how old she was, she conserved that beautiful aura that nobody had! thanks for the pics!