The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2009, 04:53 AM
Heir Apparent

Wink

Zubiaur, the photos are simply great!!! But the first photo was made before the Oscar ceremony, when Grace was an actress.

By the way, Princess Grace recalled later that she had been persuaded not to marry designer Oleg Cassini by her mother and father. Princess Grace told one of her close friends: "Do you realise if my mother hadn't been so difficult about Oleg Cassini, I probably would have married him?"

One more story told that, being married Prince Rainier, Grace realised that there was no way of continuing the Hollywood career that she had so loved and began to regret not choosing a marriage that would have allowed her to work. "How many wonderful roles I might have played by now?" she apparently lamented. "How might my life have turned out? That one decision to marry Prince Rainier changed my entire future."

Old 04-17-2009, 07:06 AM
Nobility

HELLO! Photo gallery – Latest celebrity photos - hellomagazine.com, HELLO!

Beautiful necklace on beautiful women

Old 04-17-2009, 07:49 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenofthelight View Post
Zubiaur, the photos are simply great!!! But the first photo was made before the Oscar ceremony, when Grace was an actress.

By the way, Princess Grace recalled later that she had been persuaded not to marry designer Oleg Cassini by her mother and father. Princess Grace told one of her close friends: "Do you realise if my mother hadn't been so difficult about Oleg Cassini, I probably would have married him?"

One more story told that, being married Prince Rainier, Grace realised that there was no way of continuing the Hollywood career that she had so loved and began to regret not choosing a marriage that would have allowed her to work. "How many wonderful roles I might have played by now?" she apparently lamented. "How might my life have turned out? That one decision to marry Prince Rainier changed my entire future."
That is not totally true.Grace wanted to make Marnie,a movie of Hitchcock ,when she was married, but she always gave more importance to being a mother than an actress.She said in one ocassion,if a woman wants to be a nuclear engineer ,that is ok ,but do not have children
Old 04-18-2009, 07:36 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZUBIAUR View Post
That is not totally true.Grace wanted to make Marnie,a movie of Hitchcock ,when she was married, but she always gave more importance to being a mother than an actress.She said in one ocassion,if a woman wants to be a nuclear engineer ,that is ok ,but do not have children
Fact, but when children grew up and go to school she must felt a little bored. If she from time to time could play in one movie it wouldn't be so bad. But her husband was afraid what people in their country would say. I don't suppose she's ever regret her life. But when her children were adult and have their own life she missed her previous life. That's why Grace returned to the arts in a series of poetry readings on stage and the narration of the documentary The Children of Theater Street. She also narrated ABC's made-for-television film The Poppy Is Also a Flower(1966).
Old 04-18-2009, 08:56 AM
Heir Presumptive

http://i40.tinypic.com/33vjaxe.jpg
Old 04-19-2009, 09:12 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glistening Seas View Post
Ohhh the black dress is indeed my fav too and the white dress someone else was wearing with the fur? Is it possible to get a more clearer pics of the Pss Grace black dress. it's a fabulous outfit. Overall the black dress is a fav although the peach one is beautiful as well. Look forward to hearing more about the new biography that will be out in June.
HSH, didnt wear black that often, i noticed
Old 04-19-2009, 09:50 AM
Heir Apparent

http://i44.tinypic.com/2ltgdhj.jpg (1973)
http://i42.tinypic.com/11sd161.jpg (1974)
Old 04-19-2009, 01:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuedePhiladelphia View Post
HSH, didnt wear black that often, i noticed
You are right,she wore few times black colour,she prefered pastel colours such as pink,blue...
Old 04-20-2009, 05:11 PM
Aristocracy

http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/6332/kelly7b.jpg (1976)
(my own collection)
Old 04-22-2009, 10:11 PM
Nobility

Interesting, and proof that Grace remains such an icon. Kudos to Faith Hill too for doing her best.

Faith Hill Transforms Into (Other) Iconic Blondes - GRACE KELLY - Faith Hill : People.com
Old 04-22-2009, 11:24 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by royrrules View Post
Interesting, and proof that Grace remains such an icon. Kudos to Faith Hill too for doing her best.

Faith Hill Transforms Into (Other) Iconic Blondes - GRACE KELLY - Faith Hill : People.com
No one compares to Her Serene Highness......no shade to Faith, though
Old 04-23-2009, 08:45 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by royrrules View Post

Sorry, but has this woman to resemble to Grace?
Old 04-23-2009, 08:49 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAfan View Post
Sorry, but has this woman to resemble to Grace?

It is not an attempt to show that Faith Hill is the new Grace Kelly. Instead, this photo is one of three where the American Country Singer was made up to look like three distinct blondes -- Grace Kelly, Twiggy, and Brigitte Bardot. The intention is to demonstrate (not that it is that necessary especially in this forum) that Grace remains a power in the fashion and icon world. They could have easily chosen Marilyn Monroe but Grace was preferred instead.

And Faith Hill has proven to be a classy woman and performer and a very charitable person, so I think it's fine that she was made up to channel Grace.
Old 04-24-2009, 04:22 PM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

I think Faith Hill looks more like Lana Turner, but I like the photo.
Old 04-25-2009, 11:45 AM
Royal Highness

With Josephine Baker (1960's)
courtesy of cinemastarphotos
Old 04-25-2009, 04:29 PM
Nobility

I hate when sb write ,,new Grace". Grace was only one. And Faith Hill should be Faith Hill.
Old 04-29-2009, 06:43 PM
Heir Presumptive

I like her hairstyle.It is so sophisticated:
http://i41.tinypic.com/14jrbwl.jpg
http://i39.tinypic.com/24g8sk2.jpg
Even with glasses she looks beautiful:
http://i40.tinypic.com/14xlzt2.jpg
Old 04-30-2009, 11:01 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

I had never seen a picture of her wearing glasses before...Thanks, Zubiaur!
Old 04-30-2009, 12:25 PM
Aristocracy

http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/1395/gracekelly.jpg
http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/5...gracekelly.jpg
(my own collection)
Old 04-30-2009, 12:41 PM
Heir Presumptive

The second photo is lovely,thanks mdeledda
Her favourite mink coat:

http://i43.tinypic.com/ieea0p.jpg
http://i39.tinypic.com/10ih3zk.jpg