The Late Princess Grace of Monaco - Part VI

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the second pic! no matter how old she was, she conserved that beautiful aura that nobody had! thanks for the pics!

I can't help agreeing with you, Nathalie.:)
Grace Kelly, Princess Grace was beautiful in any time and any way.:previous::angel:

I love the second pic! no matter how old she was, she conserved that beautiful aura that nobody had! thanks for the pics!
Yes you are so right, the photo captures this perfectly. How apt that Grace was a SERENE Highness.

I didn't remember exactly where I had read that information...:rolleyes:
When Grace band Prince Rainier came back to Monaco from their honeymoon, Grace was confronted with the realities of creating a life for herself inside a dirty sixteenth-century palace.
She was sure that after her arrival, the palace was supposed to have been cleaned for her, but it was done in a rush.
One of the problems for Grace was lots of rooms in the palace (they were over two hundred rooms), many of them too cold in winter and too hot in summer and all in need of modernization.:previous:

The first thing she did ,is to build a swimming-pool in the garden:flowers:

Interesting facts queenofthelight and zubiaur! thank you for sharing them with us!

The first thing she did ,is to build a swimming-pool in the garden:flowers:

I thought it was clear as Grace always loved sport. She had an excellent example of her father.:rolleyes:
Zubiaur, maybe, you know anything about her first expressions of Monaco.

Another Grace-Diana "connection" I'd like to share ...

On the April 29 `09 issue of Hello Magazine is an article on Princess Diana's niece Kitty Spencer and her presence in the gala of the Monte Carlo Tennis Tournament.

She shares:

"I have always been a great admirer of Princess Grace - I think she is the most beautiful woman I have ever seen, so I was thrilled to meet the Prince."

"She was so beautiful and possessed a grace and style you simply don't see in the movie stars of today."

Princess Diana's niece (Kitty is her brother's daughter) was really gushing about Grace. But the surprising revelation is the following quote when she described her perception of her aunt in comparison to her thoughts on Princess Grace:

"I suppose I don't see her in the same way."

First, Paul Burrell, now Kitty Spencer -- people who were close to Diana but are more awed by Grace!

I am fan of both ,princess Grace and princess Diana.They both were great human beings,beautiful,elegant, and fairytale princesses:angel::rose2::rose::heartflower:

Thank you, Royrrules, for your story.:)
I think this is a great example of A True Princess, whom Princess Grace was.
She is still an icon of a beauty, style and loving mother!:angel:

Glistening Seas

:rose:fabulous pics we never tire of seeing pics of Pss Grace and Ranier they were a truly magnificient couple. we'd like to see more pics of them and the full outfits as well whenever they can be found. they are simply mah-velous

I have a question: I've read that Grace had a few miscarriages and that they were traumatic for her (wich i totally understand) but i can't find more information about it. The only thing i found over the net is "after a few traumatic miscarriages she gave born Princess Stephanie in 1965".
Were this miscarriages very public or more private? the paparazzi weren't like today, weren't they?

Glistening Seas

:hellokitty: OH my we didn't know that Pss Grace had more than one miscarriage??

:thistle: that must have been very traumatic for certain since they really wanted to have a big family :heartflower:

I have a question: I've read that Grace had a few miscarriages and that they were traumatic for her (wich i totally understand) but i can't find more information about it. The only thing i found over the net is "after a few traumatic miscarriages she gave born Princess Stephanie in 1965".
Were this miscarriages very public or more private? the paparazzi weren't like today, weren't they?

Yes, I have also read this kind of information.
After Princess Caroline and Prince Albert's birth, Princess Grace had about three miscarriages, and after Stephanie's birth, there were two miscarriages. I have read this information from various books and magazines.
She was deep depression after them for a long time...:ermm:

Hello,

I´ve been outside during a lot. I´m glad that come here again, I´ve missed my favourite Grace Kelly forum and there´re a lot of new images since I left.

Hope share all my new pictures with you too.
Hugs,
Ada.

My favourite pic of Grace during her 50´s:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3393/3638113151_d0604a4284_o.jpg

Grace at 40 in a interview:
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2600/3679108383_07370c60e5_o.jpg

Prince Rainier and Princess Grace in Jack Kelly funeral. 1960:
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2613/3742879076_394805b617_o.jpg

Princess Grace around 1977 (Collage from video captures):
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2462/3742879290_9ecde096e7_o.jpg

Last Princess interview in 1982 (months before her dieth):
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3478/3742088809_13f3bb1a0a_o.jpg

Hope you enjoy;)
Ada.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the Grace pics, Sensibility. They are marvelous. Grace had the nicest smile ever :flowers:

This one, does anybody know when is it from?

This photo was taken during Grace Kelly's visit to the Cannes Festival, where she presents her Oscar movie "The country girl".:)
Here Grace selects her pearl necklace.:rolleyes:
In two days, she visits a Principality of Monaco, where Grace makes acquaintance of Prince Rainier.;)

:previous: wow queenofthelight, thanks! you are very well informed:flowers:
awww, so it was taken 2 days before her life would change forever!

This one, does anybody know when is it from?

that one is excatly from 1956, one or two months before her wedding with Prince Rainier. The capture is meanwhile she was lefting her apartment in Manhattan. Quinn was a 50´s stars photographer who made a lot of photos about Grace best era in Hollywood.

Hope had help you.
Ada.

that one is excatly from 1956, one or two months before her wedding with Prince Rainier. The capture is meanwhile she was lefting her apartment in Manhattan. Quinn was a 50´s stars photographer who made a lot of photos about Grace best era in Hollywood.

Hope had help you.
Ada.

No, Sensibility, you have made a mistake.
This photo was from May, 1955, precisely not from 1956.
As for Quinn, you are totally right!:flowers:

Two new books about Princess Grace, focusing on her style.

A Touch of Grace: Or, How to be a Princess, the Grace Kelly Way
by Cindy De La Hoz, release date May 2010

High Society: Grace Kelly and Hollywood
by Donald Spoto, release date November 2009

http://i31.tinypic.com/23mppo7.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Two new books about Princess Grace, focusing on her style.

A Touch of Grace: Or, How to be a Princess, the Grace Kelly Way
by Cindy De La Hoz, release date May 2010

High Society: Grace Kelly and Hollywood
by Donald Spoto, release date November 2009

Thats interesting. I like Spoto's books and there are always nice pictures within ;) BTW the pic from the cover always was one of my favourites of the late Princess Grace. :flowers:

Glistening Seas

:hellokitty: Whuan-derful pics!! It was surprising to learn that Pss. Grace did speaking engagements!! Did she have them often and if so what about? :heartflower:

Princess Grace was giving an interview during her first days in USA. (1956):flowers:
Thank you so much queenofthe light for posting these pictures. I have never seen them before. I think Grace gave quite a few speeches/interviews as she grew into her role

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom