The late Princess Antoinette and the De Massy Family

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
she looks great! what old she is?

im sure she very strong woman for long times and she visit with Princess Grace before Grace's death?

Sara Boyce

Does anybody have any news or information on Christian DeMassey?

rarotonga said:
Hi Leyla,

What do you mean by "dodgy". My friends told me that to "dodge" is to avoid.

Thanks!
"dodgy" means crap...not good...well that's what it means where i'm from ^__^

Gabriella said:
Does anybody have any news or information on Christian DeMassey?

He attended Prince Rainier's funeral in Monaco. You can see a pic of him at the Mysterious Guy thread on the Princess Caroline subforum :)

I found 2 photos of Princess Antoinette with children; Elisabeth Anne, Christian Louis and Christine Alix

First is from 1959 and second from 1965..according to Rue des Archives photo description..

Attachments

• 1959.jpg
    1959.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 15,419
  • 1965.jpg
    1965.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 5,409
Does someone know how she gets along with her nieces and nephew (Caroline, Stéphanie and Albert) ? And also how her children get along with them ?
I think that Antoinette didn't get along very much with Pricess Grace and that there was a kind of conflict at a time she wanted to take over Monaco and kind of plotted something with her first husband????

Some time ago we saw Antoniette with Stephanie a lot on functions and also with Albert. Her daughter, Elizabeth Ann usually joins her cousins on events and is Stephanie's christening godmother.

When she was interviewed 4 years ago in her house, you could see lots of pictures of Grace, Caroline, Stephanie, and Albert, family pictures.

All of her children and some of her grandchildren attended Rainier's funeral, even Christian de Massey.

is she that last of her family? if not, what r the rest of prince rainer's brother and sisters do for a living? do they have large families of their own?

Does anyone know how close Princess Antoinette is with Albert, Caroline and Staephanie? Also her children's relationship with the same? I think they are 6 Grimaldi cousins in all from that generation..... Albert, Caro, Steph, Buddy, Elisabeth, and Christine (who died already). I saw pics of Antoinette, Buddy Elisabeth, and Elisabeth's daughter Melanie during Prince Rainier's funeral. I also see pics of Antoinette and Elisabeth during the Rose ball, etc. But does anyone know if they are particularly close to each other?

The only thing I know is that Elizabeth Ann is sometimes seen with Albert, Caroline, or Stephanie at various official functions and Balls.

I see that the youngest sister, Christine, died in 1989. Does anyone know how she died?

monaco70s said:
The only thing I know is that Elizabeth Ann is sometimes seen with Albert, Caroline, or Stephanie at various official functions and Balls.

Thanks, monaco70s! Well, too bad Princess Antoinette and her children are not covered often at the press. I did read somewhere that Princess Antoinette has lots of pictures of Albert, Caroline, and Stephanie displayed at her home. That must mean something. :)

Yes, too bad about Baroness Christine - she died in 1989 and her YOB is 1951, so she was 38 years old when she died. I saw an old pic of them - Princess Antoinette and her children are all good-looking, too. Good family genes! ;)
________
Monica17

Yes Antoniette was interviewed in early 2001 at her house and u could see she had lots of family pictures in her house.

monaco70s said:
Yes Antoniette was interviewed in early 2001 at her house and u could see she had lots of family pictures in her house.

Great - I'm glad to hear that! I hope to see Princess Antoniette and family at PA II's enthronement.

My thanks as usual, Monaco70s! :)

I really like this pic of Princess Antoinette greeting Alexandra: From Corbis

Attachments

• 42-15527666.jpg
    42-15527666.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 958
tbhrc said:
I really like this pic of Princess Antoinette greeting Alexandra: From Corbis

I like that pic too...very much...:)

And one of greeting Alexandra as baby..:p ..That one from Corbis is great too..:)

Attachments

• Alex_bunny_Zurs_00..jpg
    Alex_bunny_Zurs_00..jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 1,738
Thanks, Ianna! Lovely pics!

Princess Antoinette seems to have mellowed down with age. It was said that she made life miserable for Princess Grace and even plotted to oust her brother. It's apparent that the family has made up and that she obviously gets along with all now. So sweet of Steph to hold her aunt's arm like that. ;)

Very touching pics the last 2 added. I think Stephanie is kind of close to her because she's always next to her in functions. It was nice to see all the family together on Tuesday.

Does anyone think Rainier pressured his sister to marry in order to give her children legitimacy in case he would need them for heirs?

Antoinette married in 1951 and divorced in 1955--before Rainier wed Grace.

Ann

I found this nice picture from Point de Vue,
but I'm not quite sure when it was taken,
it's been at the flower-contest in the
late 80s..Maybe our experts know .. :)

http://tinypic.com/e6r69w.jpg

Last edited:
iceflower said:
I found this nice picture from Point de Vue,
but I'm not quite sure when it was taken,
it's been at the flower-contest in the
late 80s..Maybe our experts know .. :)

http://tinypic.com/e6r69w.jpg

Wow, that pic! It doesn't even look like Antoinette. She's so skinny there.
I wonder what year. Must have been 70s, judging from Caro's age. Can't have been 80s, you really think so?

CasiraghiTrio said:
Wow, that pic! It doesn't even look like Antoinette. She's so skinny there.
I wonder what year. Must have been 70s, judging from Caro's age. Can't have been 80s, you really think so?
I do not know the correct year, but that article said it was from the 80s. I'm sorry that I can't give you any better information..

I wish we could see more pics too of Caroline, Albert and Stephanie with their only surviving Kelly aunt, Lizanne Levine.

BTW, Antoinette's late daughter, Christine, was married to Wayne Knecht (they divorced though) who is actually a nephew of Princess Grace! Their son, Sebastien, is the extremely tall (even taller than Pierre and Ernst August as seen at Prince Rainier's funeral), good-looking guy seen and seated behind Pierre and Charlotte in Albert's enthronement. Obviously, Caroline, Albert and Stephanie should be very thankful to their mother's genes for their height!!!

According to Antoinette's son, Christian, in his book Palace, his mother was very pleased with her new son-in-law's relation with Princess Grace. And Grace's reaction? She was upset that Wayne did not cut his hair for the wedding (the 70's look, I suppose).

Thanks Roy for that information, I didn't know Christine's husband was related to Princess Grace's family. I believe Sebastien was also on the enthronement ceremonies too some weeks ago.

monaco70s said:
Thanks Roy for that information, I didn't know Christine's husband was related to Princess Grace's family. I believe Sebastien was also on the enthronement ceremonies too some weeks ago.

You're very welcome. Should you want more substantial information, do read Christian de Massy's book, Palace. Many of the Grimaldi supporters have denounced this book, as it mentions critical accounts especially against Rainier (and even Caroline). But I found the book very entertaining and satisfying, especially since Christian had nothing but praises for his aunt Grace. He wrote that only Grace was the member of the Grimaldis who had compassion and heart, and admitted he was jealous of his cousins for having Grace as their mother.:)

Back
Top Bottom