The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-08-2007, 08:49 AM
Courtier
TRF Author

I just finished reading "Palace" by Christian de Massy that I found at a Half Price Bookstore.. Personally, I found it fascinating, like a "true crime" thriller, although of course there is no murder in it. I found it full of suspense and recapturing the feel of the Riviera of the sixties, seventies, early eighties, just as I remember it. It's true it's a bit whiny and I read an article stating that Albert said that his cousin "really blew it", but there are interesting observations about every member of the royal family. He obviously liked Grace a lot, but of course, his book was meant for an American audience, so he didn't want to "blow it" with them. I love the pictures in the middle of the book, the drama of his life and choice of wives. It makes for a good travel book too, he lived in so many places. I wish the book had been even longer.

Old 02-08-2007, 11:18 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveroyals
I just finished reading "Palace" by Christian de Massy that I found at a Half Price Bookstore.. Personally, I found it fascinating, like a "true crime" thriller, although of course there is no murder in it. I found it full of suspense and recapturing the feel of the Riviera of the sixties, seventies, early eighties, just as I remember it. It's true it's a bit whiny and I read an article stating that Albert said that his cousin "really blew it", but there are interesting observations about every member of the royal family. He obviously liked Grace a lot, but of course, his book was meant for an American audience, so he didn't want to "blow it" with them. I love the pictures in the middle of the book, the drama of his life and choice of wives. It makes for a good travel book too, he lived in so many places. I wish the book had been even longer.
I think that he genuinely likes and appreciates Grace, and not just to sell his book to the American market. He cited personal experiences which demonstrate how great an aunt Grace was to him. Besides, you don't have to fake liking an American icon in order to sell books in the US. The nastier the conflict, the more intriguing and therefore the more interesting such a material becomes.

To those who haven't read the book yet, Christian said that Grace was basically the only compassionate member of the Grimaldis, and that she remained very supportive and non-judgmental of him despite his admission of messing up his life. He even said he felt a little bit jealous everytime he witnessed Grace being very close to her children, since he didn't experience that with his own mom.

Christian De Massy's selling point is his position, his point-of-view as a real insider being a member of the Princely Family.

Old 02-11-2007, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monica17
Yes, that was Christine Alix. Her son from that marriage is Keith Sebastian Knecht. That would make him a "double cousin" (what would be the correct term for such a relationship? ) to the rest of the family.

Thanks, Ianna, for the pics of Char and Melanie, and Ice for that of Caro and Antoinette; so sweet together. I like seeing them together.
Which of Grace's sisters would be his other grandmother? I can't find any reference to any of Grace's sisters marrying a Knecht, much less having children.
Old 02-12-2007, 08:15 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG2924
Which of Grace's sisters would be his other grandmother? I can't find any reference to any of Grace's sisters marrying a Knecht, much less having children.
I'm not sure if Wayne Sebastian Knecht is a nephew of Grace from her sisters or from a cousin..... I will post the info when I find it again. In an earlier post in this thread, royrrules (post#59) said that in Christian (Buddy) de Massy's book, he described his aunt's (Christine-Alix's) husband as Grace's nephew and that Princess Antoinette was happy about the match, (despite disliking Grace) and that Grace was unhappy that her nephew didn't cut his hair for the wedding.

As for the other post, Melanie de Lusignan seems to working in Monaco in high level networking. The info is on post #70 by Ianna in this thread.

Kindness is the magic elixir of love - The Practice of Kindness
Old 02-13-2007, 01:42 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by monica17
I'm not sure if Wayne Sebastian Knecht is a nephew of Grace from her sisters or from a cousin..... I will post the info when I find it again. In an earlier post in this thread, royrrules (post#59) said that in Christian (Buddy) de Massy's book, he described his aunt's (Christine-Alix's) husband as Grace's nephew and that Princess Antoinette was happy about the match, (despite disliking Grace) and that Grace was unhappy that her nephew didn't cut his hair for the wedding.

As for the other post, Melanie de Lusignan seems to working in Monaco in high level networking. The info is on post #70 by Ianna in this thread.
From what I remember, Christian did not specify the actual kinship of Wayne and Grace besides identifying him as Grace's nephew. Most likely a son of a cousin or even of an in-law.
Old 02-13-2007, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by royrrules
From what I remember, Christian did not specify the actual kinship of Wayne and Grace besides identifying him as Grace's nephew. Most likely a son of a cousin or even of an in-law.
He's not a nephew if he isn't the son of one of her siblings. If he's the son of a cousin then he'd be Grace's cousin. If he's the son of an in-law then he wouldn't be related to her at all.
Old 02-14-2007, 01:31 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG2924
He's not a nephew if he isn't the son of one of her siblings. If he's the son of a cousin then he'd be Grace's cousin. If he's the son of an in-law then he wouldn't be related to her at all.
Then so be it. Paging Christian De Massy and his editor ...
Old 04-09-2007, 04:22 PM
Serene Highness

After not having seen her on official outings for quite some time, Antoinette attended todays last part of the exams of the Academy de danse classic and several other danse schools from the French and Italian surrounding area. She was carried in but walked to her seat ad to great some people she knew. She received a bouquet of white and yellow silk flowers and attended the last presentations of the best performers in the exams and the following show. Apart from having rather more problems with getting around then she used to, she looked fine and in good spirits.
Old 04-10-2007, 02:36 AM
Courtier

Hello paca!

Has Antoinette always been a patroness of dance?
Old 04-10-2007, 03:40 AM
Serene Highness

I think that the last few years Caro and Antoinette have been alternating their appearances. I believe last year Caro was there, but Antoinette has been photographed with some of the young students before. There was no interaction with them this time though and to me it looked more that she was there to please Marika. To the parents and the kids who were there it did not make much of a difference. Only in waiting time, which had been already rather long. The little ones where there from 12.30h onwards (some a little later) and it finished by 19.00h. Most of the time they were asked to be quiet so you can imagine the amount of stress that meant for a 4 year old and the parents. As a way of thanking them they were publicly reprimanded by Marika ( the kids for not behaving like little robots, the parents for not bringing their children up properly).
Old 04-10-2007, 09:57 AM
Serene Highness

Thanks you Paca Havent heen her in a while good to know she is doing okay
Old 05-30-2007, 04:56 PM
Majesty

Residents bring their pets to attend a special Franciscan pet blessing outside the Cathedral of Monaco, Wednesday, May 30, 2007. Princess Antoinette of Monaco, left, also took part in the blessing.

1 2
Old 05-31-2007, 07:30 AM
Serene Highness

thanks tbhrc great to see new pics of her she seems to be in high spirits
Old 05-31-2007, 12:53 PM
Majesty

More pics of Antoinette can be found at Deadline:

Gallery
Old 05-31-2007, 01:56 PM
Nobility

Nice to see Princess Antoinette out and about.
Old 06-01-2007, 01:44 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbhrc
More pics of Antoinette can be found at Deadline:

Gallery
Thanks, tbhrc! I'm always glad to see Princess Antoinette.

I'm confused - .... what does the special pet blessing event have to do with the Festival of Sacred Music?

Old 06-01-2007, 01:52 AM
Serene Highness

coincidence.
Old 06-01-2007, 05:47 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by paca
coincidence
Thanks, paca! It was quite a challenge to think of any connection......

Old 06-01-2007, 11:34 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: Somewhere in the middle of the River Po Valley, Italy
There's a picture gallery for Princess Antoinette attending the ceremony of blessing the animals at Monaco's cathedral:
Master Photo Milano - Servizi 2007
Old 06-02-2007, 04:51 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

It's great to see Antoinette again, especially at an event with animals she loves that much..If you look at the picture gallery of Master Photo Tosca has posted you can see that Melanie was with her. Thanks for the pics and links of this sweet old lady