The late Princess Antoinette and the De Massy Family

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
originally posted by anag
You know, this thread has made me really warm up to Antoinette! I didn't think it possible! :D

The one event that made me warm up to Antoinette was her genuine grief at the funeral of Prince Rainer. But I agree, this thread helps.

julianneneville said:
I think PC and Antoinette resemble one another, at least in this picture showing their profiles.

Yes, I think so,too. I also noticed that the Grimaldi girls (from Princess Charlotte to Charlotte Casiraghi and also Princess Antoinette to her granddaughter Melanie) tend to look alike or at least, have some resemblance. You see more resemblance among the girls than the boys.

I like Antoinette a lot... she was portrayed to be "quite a character" in her younger years. Maybe she was just misunderstood or maybe she has mellowed down.

I was just told at the dance academy that Antoinette has a red headed grandchild (which is one of the reasons why they chose 3 red headed boys for one part of next Julys 30 year performance). Does anyone have any idea who that grandchild would be?

I think Antoinette was the Stephanie of her day.

There was no chance of her getting the throne, so she did what she felt!

Ann

Thanks, tbhrc! That last pic of Princess Antoinette reminds me of an older version of Caro and Steph - same bone structure and similar features. Caro and Steph will look good when they're her age!

Paca, I have no idea who that grandchild is. I didn't know she has a grandchild that young - I mean, she has Keith from Christine-Alix; Laetizia, Brice, and Antoine from Buddy; Melanie and Jean-Leonard from Elisabeth-Ann. I thought they're all older except for Antione who's about 10 or 11?? Antoine has curly reddish blond hair from a pic Michelle posted but I thought Buddy and family live in the USA? Maybe a great grandchild from either Keith, Jean-Leonard or Laetizia? I'm curious!

Last edited:
I have always thought that Caroline looked like Antoinette. Now, I am thinking that Stephanie looks more like her, especially from the above picture. I think that they at least have the same eyes. In fact, I have always thought that PA was a true Kelly and certainly the all American type. Whenever I see him speaking French, it just does not seem right to me because he seems so American. Now, PC and PS they have never seemed to be the all American type (facially, etc.), especially as they have gotten older. And seeing these pictures of Antoinette, well, I think that they look more like her than any of the Kelleys, except for perhaps Grace's sister.

dont know weather this question has been asked already but did Princess Antoinette get on with Princess Grace's ?????

There was a reception organized by the cityhall last Friday at the Jardin Exotique. The garden party was also honoured by the presence of Antoinette, Elisabeth de Massy and Melanie.

The Children Of Baroness Elizabeth Anne

Does anyone have pics of Elizabeth-Anne's children, Melanie & Jean-Leonard to post here? I always see them in pics standing behind the Monaco Royal Family at functions (as they should, re protocol) but I'm interested to see more individual pics of them as well.

Oh, and my sister especially wishes to see pics of Jean-Leonard (right name?) as she thinks he's hot, even though he is a little short! :)

Also, what do Melanie & Jean-Leonard do re careers/jobs?

I just finished reading "Palace" by Christian de Massy that I found at a Half Price Bookstore.. Personally, I found it fascinating, like a "true crime" thriller, although of course there is no murder in it. I found it full of suspense and recapturing the feel of the Riviera of the sixties, seventies, early eighties, just as I remember it. It's true it's a bit whiny and I read an article stating that Albert said that his cousin "really blew it", but there are interesting observations about every member of the royal family. He obviously liked Grace a lot, but of course, his book was meant for an American audience, so he didn't want to "blow it" with them. I love the pictures in the middle of the book, the drama of his life and choice of wives. It makes for a good travel book too, he lived in so many places. I wish the book had been even longer.

iloveroyals said:
I just finished reading "Palace" by Christian de Massy that I found at a Half Price Bookstore.. Personally, I found it fascinating, like a "true crime" thriller, although of course there is no murder in it. I found it full of suspense and recapturing the feel of the Riviera of the sixties, seventies, early eighties, just as I remember it. It's true it's a bit whiny and I read an article stating that Albert said that his cousin "really blew it", but there are interesting observations about every member of the royal family. He obviously liked Grace a lot, but of course, his book was meant for an American audience, so he didn't want to "blow it" with them. I love the pictures in the middle of the book, the drama of his life and choice of wives. It makes for a good travel book too, he lived in so many places. I wish the book had been even longer.

I think that he genuinely likes and appreciates Grace, and not just to sell his book to the American market. He cited personal experiences which demonstrate how great an aunt Grace was to him. Besides, you don't have to fake liking an American icon in order to sell books in the US. The nastier the conflict, the more intriguing and therefore the more interesting such a material becomes.

To those who haven't read the book yet, Christian said that Grace was basically the only compassionate member of the Grimaldis, and that she remained very supportive and non-judgmental of him despite his admission of messing up his life. He even said he felt a little bit jealous everytime he witnessed Grace being very close to her children, since he didn't experience that with his own mom.

Christian De Massy's selling point is his position, his point-of-view as a real insider being a member of the Princely Family.

Last edited:
monica17 said:
Yes, that was Christine Alix. Her son from that marriage is Keith Sebastian Knecht. That would make him a "double cousin" (what would be the correct term for such a relationship? :confused: ) to the rest of the family.

Thanks, Ianna, for the pics of Char and Melanie, and Ice for that of Caro and Antoinette; so sweet together. I like seeing them together.

Which of Grace's sisters would be his other grandmother? I can't find any reference to any of Grace's sisters marrying a Knecht, much less having children.

JG2924 said:
Which of Grace's sisters would be his other grandmother? I can't find any reference to any of Grace's sisters marrying a Knecht, much less having children.

I'm not sure if Wayne Sebastian Knecht is a nephew of Grace from her sisters or from a cousin..... I will post the info when I find it again. In an earlier post in this thread, royrrules (post#59) said that in Christian (Buddy) de Massy's book, he described his aunt's (Christine-Alix's) husband as Grace's nephew and that Princess Antoinette was happy about the match, (despite disliking Grace) and that Grace was unhappy that her nephew didn't cut his hair for the wedding.

As for the other post, Melanie de Lusignan seems to working in Monaco in high level networking. The info is on post #70 by Ianna in this thread.

Last edited:
monica17 said:
I'm not sure if Wayne Sebastian Knecht is a nephew of Grace from her sisters or from a cousin..... I will post the info when I find it again. In an earlier post in this thread, royrrules (post#59) said that in Christian (Buddy) de Massy's book, he described his aunt's (Christine-Alix's) husband as Grace's nephew and that Princess Antoinette was happy about the match, (despite disliking Grace) and that Grace was unhappy that her nephew didn't cut his hair for the wedding.

As for the other post, Melanie de Lusignan seems to working in Monaco in high level networking. The info is on post #70 by Ianna in this thread.

From what I remember, Christian did not specify the actual kinship of Wayne and Grace besides identifying him as Grace's nephew. Most likely a son of a cousin or even of an in-law.

royrrules said:
From what I remember, Christian did not specify the actual kinship of Wayne and Grace besides identifying him as Grace's nephew. Most likely a son of a cousin or even of an in-law.

He's not a nephew if he isn't the son of one of her siblings. If he's the son of a cousin then he'd be Grace's cousin. If he's the son of an in-law then he wouldn't be related to her at all.

JG2924 said:
He's not a nephew if he isn't the son of one of her siblings. If he's the son of a cousin then he'd be Grace's cousin. If he's the son of an in-law then he wouldn't be related to her at all.

Then so be it. Paging Christian De Massy and his editor ...

Last edited:
After not having seen her on official outings for quite some time, Antoinette attended todays last part of the exams of the Academy de danse classic and several other danse schools from the French and Italian surrounding area. She was carried in but walked to her seat ad to great some people she knew. She received a bouquet of white and yellow silk flowers and attended the last presentations of the best performers in the exams and the following show. Apart from having rather more problems with getting around then she used to, she looked fine and in good spirits.

Hello paca!

Has Antoinette always been a patroness of dance?

I think that the last few years Caro and Antoinette have been alternating their appearances. I believe last year Caro was there, but Antoinette has been photographed with some of the young students before. There was no interaction with them this time though and to me it looked more that she was there to please Marika. To the parents and the kids who were there it did not make much of a difference. Only in waiting time, which had been already rather long. The little ones where there from 12.30h onwards (some a little later) and it finished by 19.00h. Most of the time they were asked to be quiet so you can imagine the amount of stress that meant for a 4 year old and the parents. As a way of thanking them they were publicly reprimanded by Marika ( the kids for not behaving like little robots, the parents for not bringing their children up properly).

Thanks you Paca Havent heen her in a while good to know she is doing okay

Residents bring their pets to attend a special Franciscan pet blessing outside the Cathedral of Monaco, Wednesday, May 30, 2007. Princess Antoinette of Monaco, left, also took part in the blessing.

1 2

thanks tbhrc great to see new pics of her she seems to be in high spirits

Nice to see Princess Antoinette out and about.

tbhrc said:
More pics of Antoinette can be found at Deadline:

Gallery

Thanks, tbhrc! I'm always glad to see Princess Antoinette.

I'm confused - :huh: .... what does the special pet blessing event have to do with the Festival of Sacred Music?

It's great to see Antoinette again, especially at an event with animals she loves that much..If you look at the picture gallery of Master Photo Tosca has posted you can see that Melanie was with her. Thanks for the pics and links of this sweet old lady :)

Princess Antoinette plotting against Ranier

I was just reading a website that claimed Princess Antoinette and her lover Jean Charles Rey plotted and schemed to overthrow and depose her brother Rainer and proclaim herself as Regent and Sovereign Princess.

Apparentley the princess circulated rumours that Rainier's fiancee, actress Gisele Pascal, was infertile which led to the breakup of the relationship.

But then Rainer married Grace and had children which put an end to her plotting. Also, it stated the Princess Grace had her removed from the palace and kicked out of Monaco!
(even though she lives down the coast from Monaco)

I was wondering if this story was true and can anyone fill me in on other details of this lady and story. I read she is quite eccentric and servants reffered to her as 'mad'.

I read she is also starting to be on good terms with the family these days.

Back
Top Bottom