The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-05-2006, 08:40 PM
Courtier

Rainier really looked better with facial hair.

Albert looked okay with his moustache but he doesn't carry it off like his father.

Ann

Old 05-14-2006, 04:41 AM
Majesty

Some of my favourite pics: ACI, APL

Does anyone still have the pic of him sniffing the rose? I can't find it right now....

Old 06-05-2006, 05:25 AM
Majesty

Ullstein Bild

Rainier and actress Giselle Pascal

Old 06-15-2006, 05:54 PM
Majesty

Some from Neue Revue

Old 06-15-2006, 06:16 PM
Gentry

I mean abosolutely no disrespect to Prince Rainier. But does anyone know if he was seriously involved with anyone after Grace's death? I remember stories of how he and Albert were rumored to be unrepentent womanizers. But I have no knowledge of him ever being involved with anyone after Grace's death. And he certainly appears to have been so devoted to her. I was just wondering. It must have been tbhrc's picture of Rainier crying . . .
Old 06-15-2006, 07:08 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbhrc
Some of my favourite pics: ACI, APL

Does anyone still have the pic of him sniffing the rose? I can't find it right now....
That photo is one of mine favorites..Here it is;

(Gala)
Old 09-14-2006, 09:13 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: Somewhere in the middle of the River Po Valley, Italy
Prince Rainier with his former girlfriend Gisèle Pascal (OGGI)
Old 09-14-2006, 05:07 PM
Serene Highness

Red face Glistening Seas

hey everyone. this thread will always be my fav. the pictures on this page are definitely my fav as well. without a doubt Ranier did his job well and while i'm sure the loss is great he left a good foundation for the future which is i'm sure a comfort to all of us here in Europe but to monaco as well.
Old 09-17-2006, 10:34 PM
Courtier

RainierIII was a good father,husband, grandfather, and ruler to Monaco for 56 years he ruled that tiny little country we know as Monaco with great dignity and honor he is a treasure to the people of Monaco and his family. May we not forget his legacy and his great deeds to his nation ,people and his family and also the world.

I'm head of a dynastic house no matter what others say.
Princess Kamorrissa,Countess of Welle
Old 04-06-2007, 10:32 AM
Majesty

2 years ago, a wonderful man and a great prince, has left his family and the world to be with the love of his life - Grace Kelly. May he rest in peace, he's missed, that's for sure.

Some great pics:

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Old 04-06-2007, 10:43 AM
Serene Highness

Thank You Tbhrc for the wonderful pics and you are right he is missed may his family get through this day okay.
Old 04-06-2007, 11:23 AM
Royal Highness

Princess Ira von Fürstenberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by julianneneville
But I have no knowledge of him ever being involved with anyone after Grace's death.
There was a very serious involvement with Princess Ira von Fürstenberg, who is a daughter of Prince Tasziló and Princess Claire Jeanne von Fürstenberg born Agnelli (from the dazzling rich founder family of FIAT automobile indistries).

Princess Ira has previously been married to Alfonso Prince von Hohenlohe, with whom she got two sons. After a divorce and a short second marriage with a Brazilean industrialist, Princess Ira is single for more than 46 years.

There were very serious talks about a marriage between them, but the two of them decided to continue as best friends and not to engage in a marriage on their advanced ages. Princess Ira is related to Prince Rainier of Monaco via Lady Mary Hamilton, daughter of the 11th Duke of Hamilton and 8th Duke of Brandon. She is a great-grandmother to both Prince Rainier and Princess Ira. She was married to Prince Rainier's great-grandfather Prince Albert I of Monaco. And she was married to Princess Ira's great-grandfather Tasziló Count Festetics de Tolna (a Hungarian but now Dutch noble dynasty).

Princess Ira is a grand name in the media in Italy (due to her Agnelli descendance) and in France, since she lives there.

Princess Ira von Fürstenberg (at the right, with the flowers on her skirt)
Old 04-06-2007, 12:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

Indeed today is his 2nd anniversary, I can't believe how fast time has gone by. Prince Rainier was a great ruler and human being. He like Princess Grace will never be forgotten. May he rest in peace.
Old 04-06-2007, 12:39 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbhrc
2 years ago, a wonderful man and a great prince, has left his family and the world to be with the love of his life - Grace Kelly. May he rest in peace, he's missed, that's for sure.

Some great pics:

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
I agree with you tbhrc, he was a wonderful human been, I miss him for sure, imagine his family and friends must miss him very much. May Good rest his soul.
Old 04-06-2007, 12:59 PM
Serene Highness

What a beautiful tribute thread for Rainier. Lovely pics everyone. After looking at some of the pics in this thread I definitely can see a father-son resemblance between Rainier and Albert.
Old 04-06-2007, 02:08 PM
Aristocracy

It is hard to believe it has already been two years since the passing of PR.
Old 04-06-2007, 04:59 PM
Serene Highness

Glistening Seas

well no doubt Ranier will be missed and as always everyone's wishes them great comfort of course. however, the memory of Pss. Grace and P. Ranier will always be alive as PA so resembles his dad to many traits which he carries with him and Monaco for the future. while for them i am sure it's bittersweet that for all the excitement and anticipation of the future they had to endure such a great loss; however; it is after all, what he was groomed for. so the future certainly looks bright indeed.
Old 04-06-2007, 09:40 PM
Royal Highness

Prince Rainier's Periclean Era

I will always remember HSH Prince Rainier as a man of who comported himself with singular personal dignity.He was responsible for creating Monaco's Periclean era becoming the master builder.Prince Rainier had abundant charisma coupled with enormous humilty.He had a sense of fun but knew his duties and obligations.His timing was superb.The anniversary of his passing into Upper Jerusalem only reminds us of how much we have yet to achieve.
He is survived by marvellous progeny,who are invariably now taking his mythic legacy to another,higher level.
Old 04-07-2007, 05:09 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaya
Prince Rainier had abundant charisma coupled with enormous humilty.
Euh.... I disagree, sorry, Prince Rainier was a grey mouse par excellence. The man had no any charisma at all. It was his wife, Princess Gracia, who brought charisma into the dull and sleepy princely family of Monaco.

But of course, Prince Rainier was the person who changed his principality into an empire of luxury at the sunny Rivièra. But the guy really did not splash from the screens with his charisma.

Old 04-07-2007, 08:45 AM
Nobility

Looking at the pics above, I suddenly remember his youngest daughter Stephanie..Princess Stephanie resembles her father very much...