The Kelly Relatives

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh, what sad news... Thanks for letting us know, Renata4711!

My heartfelt sympathy goes to the family, Lizanne has been a
warmhearted and modest woman who will surely be missed a lot..

It is a sad new......May she rest in peace...Now is with Grace forever in heaven.....Lizanne commented in one ocassion,she opened the window,looked at sky and shouted to her dead family:Why have you left me alone?Now is with her family at heaven forever..........:rose::easter:

Glistening Seas

:twohearts: Truly a sad day for the Monaco Family again. We have all the wonderful memories and activities that they created and that their lives have left the world as well as traditions; from which history will find it's comfort.

I hope that PA will be able to attend the funeral, in view of his commitments at Washington.
PA and Chris LeVine are very close, and PA would be a great confort to him on that occasion.

This notice has affected me a lot, I coudn´t help cry when I knew about Lizanne´s dieth. I dreamed since I was a girl with meeting her in Philly, sadly this won never happen.

Reast in peace with all your loved people.
Lily.

RIP, Lizanne. I am suprised to hear the sad news of her death.:sad: She's now with her family in heaven.

Lizanne Kelly Tribute (1933-2009) Her life, her dreames, her family.

I hope it will become in the best tribute to the last "Kelly".

Reast in peace.

Wow, I didn't realize she had died until today! The last Kelly survivor, the end of an era, really! May she rest in peace an be united with her family!

Oh, when did she die?
Rest in piece.. She will go and meet her family, and Grace.
The time goes by so quickly..

Honoring Aunt LIzzie

Her funeral was attended by all of her family, and Prince Albert as well. HSH Prince Albert II of Monaco was at a conference to speak to journalists at the National Press Club in Washington DC the previous day.

Honoring Aunt Lizzie

Prince Albert of Monaco was a pallbearer and recited from Chapter 3 of Ecclesiastes yesterday as he joined his Kelly relatives at St. Bridget's Church in East Falls for the funeral of Elizabeth Kelly Le Vine, his Aunt Lizzie. The youngest daughter of Philadelphia power broker John B. Kelly Sr. and sister of Grace Kelly died of cancer Tuesday at 76. "I had to share her with everybody," said son Chris Le Vine, an investment banker. "She was just a giving person." Former Navy Secretary John Lehman, a cousin, also was a pallbearer. A memorial has been set up at Religious of the Assumption in West Philadelphia, the order that ran her alma mater, Ravenhill Academy. Albert, 51, is the son of Grace Kelly and Prince Rainier.

Inqlings: Queen of the Nile here for a while | Philadelphia Inquirer | 11/29/2009
Prince Albert attends aunt's funeral | Philadelphia Inquirer | 11/28/2009

Thanks for providing the Inquirier link Agogo.

I am a little surpirsed that Caroline and Stephanie did not attend the funeral. Especially as Caroline was quite close to Grace Levine.

My deepest sympathies to the Kelly, Levine and Grimaldi families.

Of course, this news is so awful....:ermm:
I hope The Kelly Family will meet together in heaven, Princess Grace and her family...

I think that the absence of the Grimaldi sisters is an unforgivable mistake. I´m nobody to judge the reasons for both absences, but - in my opinion - there is nothing more important to show your pain to your favorite aunt, that care of you always.

All the Kellys are finally together. Sweet old dreams with ragtime music, the days of wine and roses are again with they.

I think that the absence of the Grimaldi sisters is an unforgivable mistake. I´m nobody to judge the reasons for both absences, but - in my opinion - there is nothing more important to show your pain to your favorite aunt, that care of you always.

All the Kellys are finally together. Sweet old dreams with ragtime music, the days of wine and roses are again with they.

Your supposing that she was a 'favourite aunt' and that may not be the case. We have no idea what the relationship was.
Caroline and Grance LeVine were close and Caroline attended her funeral BUT that relationship for many years was independant of Lizanne. We have no idea what her relationship with her nieces may, or may not, have been.

The funeral struck me as a "normal" family funeral, with the "boys" carrying the coffin.

As to the "girls" - who knows what other commitments they may have had?

Albert is the one who regularly visits the US and maintains family contacts. He has always come across to me as an American, as oposed to his "mediterranean" sisters.

Dear Poppy and Renatta,
I never talk without idea, I prefer not talk in that case. I´m just talking about something that I consider not good, It´s only my OPINION.
In the second hand, Lizanne care of Caroline during her depression later Grace´s dieth. Princess Caroline had "nervious depression" during a year and she stayed around 2 or 3 months in Philly. Later, they were very closed, overall when Caroline divorced of Phillip Junot. And, in other place, Caroline was with Lizanne Kelly in the Stefano accident and aunt had to be near her.

Is it enough?
Thank you very much.
Lily.

Glistening Seas

:holly: Truly Caroline must have enjoyed philadelphia for a while anywhow.

:xmasbell: It must have been a huge thing perhaps Caroline didn't want to have to deal with 2 deaths and her grief in such a high profile status; so surely a more lower profile assignment to keep her collected was probably a good idea.

:xmasbell: It's certain the move to Monaco is indeed the right change of pace for Caroline & Andrea. It's liveliness and festive atmosphere will go a long way towards bringing a balance to all that is going on at the time.

Well not to get into a big discussion here, but Lizanne attended Caroline's civil wedding with Stefano and when the accident happened Caroline was in Paris with her friend Ines de la Fressange.

The reasons they had not to attend are only known by them and we can't judge them. At least Prince Albert attended, it would have struck everyone if no one representing the Grimaldis had not attended.

I repeate, I´ve said It´s my opinion and I´ve said in my first post "I´m nobody for just her reasons", but we´re in a foro so we are right for discuss all that we want. I´ve read that Caroline was with Lizanne in the Ocean City Blog. It´s a "on the record" information. If you know about journalism it´s more than right.

Thank you and happy day.

Well not to get into a big discussion here, but Lizanne attended Caroline's civil wedding with Stefano and when the accident happened Caroline was in Paris with her friend Ines de la Fressange.
Exactly, Caroline was in Paris with Ines! We all have seen those sad pics! I am afraid that the Ocean City blog is not a good source, Sensibility:flowers:!
The reasons they had not to attend are only known by them and we can't judge them.
Right! I totally agree!

It´s true. There pics of Caroline with Ines.

The reasons they had not to attend are only known by them and we can't judge them. At least Prince Albert attended, it would have struck everyone if no one representing the Grimaldis had not attended.

I agree with you.

If I say you that my mother is cousin of Kelly´s? And if I say you that I was in the Lizanne funeral? And if I say you that I knew Grace?

I know more that you think, but I understand your opinion.

Elizabeth Kelly Le Vine, 76, Grace Kelly's sister | Philadelphia Inquirer | 11/26/2009

If Princess Caroline and Princess Stephanie had attended their aunt's funeral, the Kelly family would not have had a funeral service that was respectful and peaceful. The media would have turned the remembrance service and Mass into a circus. I don't recall that the Grimaldi's attended the funeral of their grandmother, Margaret Kelly for these same reasons. I may be wrong on this point.

Last edited by a moderator:
If I say you that my mother is cousin of Kelly´s? And if I say you that I was in the Lizanne funeral? And if I say you that I knew Grace?

I know more that you think, but I understand your opinion.
Really? That's interesting. I'm not being sarcastic, I'm really interested.

I didn´t pretend to be unfriendly, I didn´t want to say it but it´s true, I´m part of Kelly´s (a far part). I grew up in Spain but I saw Grace two times when I was little, in 79 and 81.

I´ve got a house in the 26 street of Ocean City (near Grace´s).

My grandmother is daughter of Margaret Majer´sister, so well that´s all. I´m not very introducing with they because I grew up far of US.

I lunched a lot of times in New Jersey with Aunt Lizanne (she cooked a lot) and I loved her a lot. I was in the funeral and I´m sad because their nieces wasn´t there. That´s all.

Hope to be usefull for you,
Lily.

Other than having been Grace's chaperone everywhere Lizanne was also on Larry King Live .
I remember she said my sister Grace was shy.
She also said something about the fact that the Prince and Grace in different ways were used to having each his own way and there was a period of adjustment in the marriage.
May Lizanne Rest in Peace and condolences to the family.

The mods may get mad at my post, but Sensibility it doesn't make sense at all that in one of your posts right after we all learned of Lizanne's death u state you wanted to meet her, it was ur dream....and then a few posts later you claim having lunch with her....

Just my two cents...

Back
Top Bottom