The Kelly Relatives

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Who is John Lehman

John Lehman's mother was Princess Grace's first cousin. I don't know if it was on her mother's side of the family or her father's.

I remember a Larry King interview with several of the Kelly family members, reminiscing about Princess Grace and Prince Raininer. John Lehman stated that he was related to Princess Grace on the Kelly side of the family.

John Lehman - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Here is a photo of John Leman. He is standing to Prince Albert's right. (Not behind Prince Albert)

http://i599.photobucket.com/albums/tt76/agogo61/leman.jpg

Caption for the photo: Funeral of John B. Kelly Jr., brother of Princess Grace of Monaco Prince Albert of Monaco joins Secretary of the Navy, John Lehman (L), and members of the John B. Kelly, Jr. family waiting to be pallbearers at the burial site for Jack Kelly, the brother of Princess Grace of Monaco in Philadelphia on March 8, 1985. Jack Kelly died of a heart attack while jogging six days earlier. (UPI Photo/Mike Feldman/Files).

The ex-husband of Peggy Kelly, Eugene Conlan died on the same day as John B. Kelly Jr. Also of a heart attack.

Obituary for daughter of John B. Kelly Jr.

Published on 2006-05-27, Page B06, Philadelphia Inquirer

Elizabeth Brenden Kelly, 47, a baker and restaurant owner and member of the renowned Philadelphia Kelly family, died of cervical cancer Thursday at home in Center City.
Miss Kelly was the daughter and granddaughter of Olympic scullers and bricklaying businessmen, civic leaders and social constants. A 1977 graduate of Lower Merion High School, she was a member of the swim team of the Vesper Boat Club. She earned a dual degree in 1981 in English and archaeology from Harvard. She owned the Philly bakery, "Brickworks Cafe". Her Granfather's brick company was named, "Kelly for Brickwork".

Elizabeth B.Kelly was the one of 5 daughters of John. B. Kelly JR and his first wife Mary Gray Freeman. She was the niece of Princess Grace. She was married, but did not have any children. This photo link is courtesy of iloveroyals (thankyou!!). It was posted on the Grace Levine page, post number 139.

Kelly family tree

1. Margaret (Peggy) + George L. Davis + Eugene Conlan
1.1 Magaret Ann Davis + Richard Roe + Packer (same as Grace Levine married)
1.1.1 Richard (godson of Caroline)
1.1.2 Gabby
1.1.3 Chris
1.2 Mary Lee Davis + John Paul Jones Jr

2. John Brendan + Mary Gray Freeman = known as Mary Spitzer + Sandra Worley
2.1 John Bredan III
2.1.1 Katherine
2.1.2 Nick
2.2 Susan + Von Medicus (they have three sons)
2.3 Elizabeth "Liz" (died)
2.4 Ann
2.5 Maura
2.6 ??

Great pic! Very 40's - 50's. I love these kind of pics.

Glistening Seas

:hellokitty: So glad to see the family pics. Does Pss Grace have any sisters alive?? Were there any pics of Pss. Grace mothers work. Didn't Pss. Grace mother model??:globe:

:hellokitty: So glad to see the family pics. Does Pss Grace have any sisters alive?? Were there any pics of Pss. Grace mothers work. Didn't Pss. Grace mother model??:globe:

Lizanne Levine is living in an assisted living facility. I do not know the status of her health. Peggy died in 1991. Lizanne has not given any interviews lately.

Glistening Seas

:hellokitty: oh the pics are not re-posts it's the first time these have been on the thread!! it's amazing how much the son Jack looked like his father John when he was younger it's amazing.:thistle:

The 5th photo down that says John B kelly Sr. is actually a picture of John Kelly Jr, his son. The senior John Kelly was a very handsome man, his son was nice looking also. I read some where and I think it was FDR, but I am not sure ,who said that John Kelly Sr. was the most handsome man he ever saw.

The 5th photo down that says John B kelly Sr. is actually a picture of John Kelly Jr, his son. The senior John Kelly was a very handsome man, his son was nice looking also. I read some where and I think it was FDR, but I am not sure ,who said that John Kelly Sr. was the most handsome man he ever saw.

You are right, the 5th photo down is of the brother of Princess Grace, not her father. I've posted a picture of a book cover with father and son side-by-side. It is a great book with the unique story of the Kelly father and son relationship.

http://i599.photobucket.com/albums/tt76/agogo61/Document1_p011.jpg

Thank you, you are right. Sorry, my mistake.

Just out of curiosity is anything in Philly named in honour of Grace, either as Grace Kelly the actress or as Grace the Princess Consort of Monaco? I mean something like a school or a theatre or a street. I know there are memorials to her father like the bust of him by the river.

Just out of curiosity is anything in Philly named in honour of Grace, either as Grace Kelly the actress or as Grace the Princess Consort of Monaco? I mean something like a school or a theatre or a street. I know there are memorials to her father like the bust of him by the river.
I've been living in the Philly area for a while now, and to my knowledge, there isn't really anything named after Grace. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong. If they were, they'd probably named for her as Grace Kelly, rather than as consort to a foreign head of state (not as patriotic). One thing that is in Philly is her wedding dress, which she donated to the Philadelphia Museum of Art after her wedding. It was sort of to make up for the fact that she married in Monaco (for state reasons) and her hometown was denied a chance at hosting a royal wedding. Unfortunately, the gown is no longer on permanent as the light has become harmful to the fabric.

No, unfortunately. Kelly Drive is named after her brother. There are a few other references to the family as a whole, but nothing devoted to Grace in particular. :flowers:

Fantastic clippings! I wish I had the magazine to read the article. Thanks for them.

Glistening Seas

:pilgrim: The articles were dee-lightful!! The place has a 'cozy' sense to it so it must be a delight for anyone to visit there. It's nice to see even family have stayed there as well. :harvest:

Lovely family pics! Grace smile reminds me of Charlotte's at her age :flowers:

From the Palace: Lizanne Kelly Levine died 24 November 2009
"Le Palais Princier annonce avec une profonde tristesse le décès de Madame Elizabeth-Anne Kelly Levine, sœur cadette de la Princesse Grace, décédée à Philadelphie le 24 novembre 2009.

Née en juin 1933, Madame Kelly Levine, surnommée Lizanne, était mère de deux enfants. Avec sa disparition, s'éteint la dernière figure d'une famille connue dans le monde entier. Son fils, Christopher Levine, est membre du Conseil d'Administration de la Fondation Princesse Grace."

http://www.monaco.mc/actualites/depeches/#114511

Death Notice for Elizabeth Kelly Levine:

ELIZABETH LeVINE Death Notice: ELIZABETH LeVINE’s Obituary by the Philadelphia Inquirer & Philadelphia Daily News.

Mass on the 28th. followed by private interment.

PA will be in Washington this coming weekend.

philly.com / Legacy.com GUESTBOOK:
http://www.legacy.com/gb2/default.aspx?bookid=3706693193739&cid=addentry

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh , May She Rest In Peace

Lizanne's death is very sad news...may she rest in peace. My condolences go to her immediate and extended family.

It's sad to realize there aren't any Kellys left of that generation, but well that's life.

I really like the fact that she was objective, caring, and not someone who tried to make money, when she spoke of Princess Grace and the Grimaldis in later years.

Back
Top Bottom