The Kelly Relatives

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think that Kell's daughter married a von Medicus.
I think you might be right. All I remember is that he did an awesome presentation on Grace and included family photos (we had to choose a famous person from Philadelphia). If I remember correctly, Kell is his grandfather.

Your photo is very tragical. Looking at their faces, you just see a tragedy and grief.
It's very painful to lose the one of your relatives....

The mother of Grace

Very few there is about the relationship etween the two at least in the later years. Did Margaret visited Monaco regulary ? Did Caroline , Stephanie or Albert visited her after Grace died ?

she outlived Grace , she died in 1990. Grace had a short life compared to her mother , Margaret lived 38 years more than her. That was what i asked , did she maintained a relationship with her grandchildren after 1982 ? Did the relationship between ever existed ?

Unfortunetely, I haven't found any information of it. But I knew that the relationship bettween Grace and her mother wasn't easy.

Unfortunetely, I haven't found any information of it. But I knew that the relationship bettween Grace and her mother wasn't easy.
Grace was not the favorite child of the family. Lizanne, the youngest, was their mother's favored child; Peggy, the eldest, was their father's favorite; and of course, Jack Jr. was the only son. Grace was the sickly middle child in that athletic family who was into theater.

I think if you have a large family, you should love each of your child, not dividing by "a loved child" and "an loved child". Each child, it doesn't matter she or he needs mother's and father's love, especially for a little girl as in the future she will become a mother herself. As for the Kelly's family, tell the truth, Grace was the most beautiful child in the family.

Kelly love sports but Grace was artist. She was 3. child so she wasn't youngest, not eldest, or not a boy. But her uncle understand her very well becouse he was artist too.

I read story that one of Grace sisters close her in the wardrobe for a few hours and Grace wasn't unhappy becouse she played with her toys. Horrible this sister!

Kelly love sports but Grace was artist. She was 3. child so she wasn't youngest, not eldest, or not a boy. But her uncle understand her very well becouse he was artist too.

I read story that one of Grace sisters close her in the wardrobe for a few hours and Grace wasn't unhappy becouse she played with her toys. Horrible this sister!

Grace marie, Grace didn't have any connections with her sisters as nearly all her childhood, most of her time, she spent at the school near the church. She could see her parents only at days off, other time she learnt.

I remember reading that Grace's mother had a stroke before Grace passed away and was not aware that her daughter had died. She was in a convalescent home and did not have all of her faculties due to the stroke. She died in 90 or 91 and I believe she was 90 yrs old at the time.

Grace marie, Grace didn't have any connections with her sisters as nearly all her childhood, most of her time, she spent at the school near the church. She could see her parents only at days off, other time she learnt.

I mean time when she wa small girl. And yes she wasn't live with them since she was 16 (or sht like that). But even when she was 25 and was famous actress she respected her family and feel unhappy when her father said in newspaper what he was suprised that she had won Oscar becouse her elder sister was more talented (that isn't exactly what he said but sense is the same). I feel that was very unfair for Grace. When her brother won sport competition father was proud. Her father wasn't nice person I suppose.

Frankly speaking, I don't understand such parents like Grace's father, who said that he was suprised that she had won the Oscar. It's strange to hear for me this kind of words. Each child is taleted and the main parents' task to detect it and help a child if he or she really needs in it.

I have to add here though that most that we have known about the Kelly Family dynamics is based on unauthorized biographies.

It was an obvious sign that Grace was the most unpredictable of the Kelly children since everybody else was into sports and conformed to the family mode.

Jack and Margaret definitely were not emotionally equipped to suddenly deal with their artistic daughter who was ambitious and frail. Grace was described as a frail girl, so imagine her parents' reaction when the least physically strong child expressed her desire to go to acting school and move to New York.

And according to all biographies and shows regarding Grace, she worked as a model to pay for her expenses.

So there you have it -- a frail Philadelphia girl who moved to New York on her own and did not rely on her affluent parents and reached the top of her career as 1) a box-office queen, 2) tabloid magnet, 3) fashion icon, and 4) Oscar winner only to retire after eleven movies to marry a Prince. I honestly think it is surprising and jaw-dropping! If Jack Kelly just chose the right words to convey what is true anyway.

I think that Kell's daughter married a von Medicus.

I think you might be right. All I remember is that he did an awesome presentation on Grace and included family photos (we had to choose a famous person from Philadelphia). If I remember correctly, Kell is his grandfather.

Yes, Susan Von Medicus in John B. Kelly Jr's daughter, on of his six children. Google her name and you will find her website. She is a talented artist.

I remember reading that Grace's mother had a stroke before Grace passed away and was not aware that her daughter had died. She was in a convalescent home and did not have all of her faculties due to the stroke. She died in 90 or 91 and I believe she was 90 yrs old at the time.

At the time of Princess Grace's death, Margaret Kelly was 83 years old and had already suffered from several strokes. She lived at Linwood Convalescent Center in Philadelphia from 1982 to 1990. You are correct, Margaret Kelly was not told of her daughter's death. This was due to her frail state. She died on 1990 at age 91.

Last edited by a moderator:
He attended the University of Pennsylvania (a.k.a. Penn) not the Pennsylvania State University (a.k.a. Penn State) -- the former is an Ivy League institution.

Thanks for this kind of information, I didn't know it before.:flowers:

Thanks for your response

Back
Top Bottom