The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-08-2006, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraMCS
I understand that Lizanne lives at the Jersey shore year round. I believe she is in Margate, NJ.
Lizanne used to live in Ocean city year round but as of 3 years ago she moved into a retirement community in Haverford PA. I spoke with her a few times before she moved back to PA, and it was a real treat. I also met her son Chris, and they both help give the Kelly's a good name. They still have a surf competition down here in OC every labor day as a family reunion type event. Anyone with more OC pics
Erik

Old 06-09-2006, 01:20 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnj53rd
Lizanne used to live in Ocean city year round but as of 3 years ago she moved into a retirement community in Haverford PA. I spoke with her a few times before she moved back to PA, and it was a real treat. I also met her son Chris, and they both help give the Kelly's a good name. They still have a surf competition down here in OC every labor day as a family reunion type event. Anyone with more OC pics
Erik
Thanks for sharing your personal experience, Erik.

Would you know though if her nieces, Caroline and Stephanie, are still close to her? I'm sure Albert is, as he seems to be the closest to his American relatives.

Old 06-09-2006, 03:24 PM
Nobility

What is the big event happening in August with the Kelly's? I've heard its a dedication to Princess Grace and I've also heard its a Jazz Festival.

Does anyone have more info on this event?
Old 06-09-2006, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by royrrules
Thanks for sharing your personal experience, Erik.

Would you know though if her nieces, Caroline and Stephanie, are still close to her? I'm sure Albert is, as he seems to be the closest to his American relatives.
Lizanne's health really isn't what it used to be, but she still is in contact with Grace's kids often and her son Chris Levine is very close with them as well. Last I heard she hasn't been to Monaco since 02? or around there. She didn't go to Rainier's funeral IIRC. Her house has in OC had a ton of photos of her, grace, the pope and her, and a number of other shots with royalty. Pretty cool I must say. Her house also used to have a fort in it down in ocean city! I got to climb it. It was in their living room and was basically a 4 walled club house you could climb ontop of and rule the room from. Grace used to climb up on it with her kids when they came to visit.
Erik
Old 06-10-2006, 01:58 AM
Nobility

Thanks for your response (and then some), Erik.

I have seen pics of the Kelly Beach House at Ocean City, and have observed the turret-like structure. Many of us here have been so puzzled regarding Grace Levine, Lizanne's daughter, speculating how she died. Did Lizanne share anything regarding her daughter's demise?

I also was shocked when I saw this news segment when Prince Rainier died last year, featuring the Kelly Parish had a Mass for him. Lizanne was interviewed, and saw her in a wheelchair! I mean, I expected her to be strong and vital still in her seventies, given that she was very athletic in her younger years.

It is such a treat to have someone in this thread who has had an actual, direct encounter with the people we have been so curious about. Am glad you are in the forum, Erik.
Old 06-10-2006, 07:53 PM

I recall Grace Levine dieing from cancer right before Lizanne husband maybe 98 or 99? Because Lizanne's husband died in 2000. Oh Btw Chris Levine and Albert used to go to the Kentucky Derby almost every year together. Now about Lizanne's health she is still all there in the "head", but her body has started to give her grief. Last I talked to her she was complaining of pain in her hips and knees so maybe a wheelchair is better then the operation to replace knees and hips at 75? I don't know there. Lizanne says "I was the toughest of all the girl children", but I guess those years of activity have started to catch up on her. It was really sad though to watch them sell the house. It marked the first time in 80 years that a Kelly didn't live in OC on 26th street. A couple cousin's like John Lehman still have the family over on labor day, but besides him I can't think of another it is sad :(. Anyone with any pics?
Erik
Old 09-20-2006, 09:51 AM
Royal Highness

Young Grace with mother and sister Lizanne (Hola)

Old 09-20-2006, 10:08 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: Somewhere in the middle of the River Po Valley, Italy
She looks a lot like Charlotte in that pic!!! Thanks for sharing!
Old 09-20-2006, 10:25 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tosca
She looks a lot like Charlotte in that pic!!! Thanks for sharing!
You're welcome!

Have just one more..Kelly family having great time on beach. Only brother is missing from photo..maybe he was photographing? (Paris Match)
Old 09-20-2006, 12:44 PM
Commoner

Thumbs up

Amazing on pic of lizanne looking so much like Camille - Stephanie s younger daughter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianna
Young Grace with mother and sister Lizanne ! (Hola
http://i9.tinypic.com/2zf4ti0.jpg
Old 09-20-2006, 12:47 PM
Serene Highness

you are so right camille does look like lizanne
Old 11-10-2006, 11:14 AM
Majesty

This is an article about Lizanne Kelly from 1992:

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/3958/monaco7gq7.jpg

http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/6661/monaco8fi6.jpg

You can find the rest of the thumbnails here.
Old 11-10-2006, 02:06 PM
Nobility

Great pics tbhrc! Thanx a lot.
Old 12-16-2006, 06:17 PM
Aristocracy

Jack Kelly jr. "Kell" dated a transexual named Harlow who had a nightclub in Phila. It did cause a scandal as he wanted to run for mayor of Phila. in the 70's. Mrs. Kelly did not want him to run for mayor and threatend to expose his relationship with Harlow so he had no choice but to drop out of the mayor's race in Phila.. Jack's first wife's name was Mary Lee, I don't know her last name, his second wife was I believe named Sandra but again, I don't know her last name and they married in the late 70's . A good book to read about Grace is called Once Upon A Time by J. Randy Taborelli.
Old 12-27-2006, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherylal24
Jack Kelly jr. "Kell" dated a transexual named Harlow who had a nightclub in Phila. It did cause a scandal as he wanted to run for mayor of Phila. in the 70's. Mrs. Kelly did not want him to run for mayor and threatend to expose his relationship with Harlow so he had no choice but to drop out of the mayor's race in Phila.. Jack's first wife's name was Mary Lee, I don't know her last name, his second wife was I believe named Sandra but again, I don't know her last name and they married in the late 70's . A good book to read about Grace is called Once Upon A Time by J. Randy Taborelli.
I think her name was Mary Freeman.

Can anyone tell me the names of Princess Grace's nieces and nephews?
Old 12-28-2006, 02:37 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG2924
I think her name was Mary Freeman.

Can anyone tell me the names of Princess Grace's nieces and nephews?
Grace Levine is mentioned in the forum(thereīs a thread about her), Chris Levine, Megan Van Arkel. Thatīs all i know.
Do you know if Lizanne Kelly is still alive?
Old 12-28-2006, 12:36 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosana
Grace Levine is mentioned in the forum(thereīs a thread about her), Chris Levine, Megan Van Arkel. Thatīs all i know.
Do you know if Lizanne Kelly is still alive?
If you mean Princess Grace's sister, Lizanne Kelly LeVine, yes she is. She lives in a retirement community in the Phila suburbs. I believe i read that she is not in the best of health. If you mean Liz Kelly, Jack's daughter, I have never heard that she passed away either.

Also, Jack has a son JB Kelly who I believe is married and still in the Phila area. I think Jack may have had more daughters than Liz, not sure. No other sons though.

To update my post--A guy I work with told me that JB is definately in the Phila area. He is President of the Vesper Boat Club. Vesper is probably the most prestigious rowing club on Boat House Row.
Old 12-28-2006, 02:38 PM
Serene Highness

I meant Graceīs sister. Thanks a lot.
Old 06-02-2007, 11:50 AM
Aristocracy

I think Jack has five daughters. Not sure but I'll find it out . . .

Does anybody know something about Peggys daughters?
Old 07-11-2007, 10:29 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: Somewhere in the middle of the River Po Valley, Italy
Kelly genes??? Hard to believe this lady is Ann Kelly, Princess Grace's cousin.
She lives in Ireland. Weekly DIVAeDONNA has an interview with her.

Ann Kelly