The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #421  
Old 02-18-2013, 12:21 PM
Nadezhda's Avatar
Gentry
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Plovdiv, Bulgaria
Posts: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtatum View Post
Oh! Grace Le Vine! Thank you!
All of them are very beautiful. Caroline is there also! :)
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #422  
Old 02-18-2013, 12:25 PM
mtatum's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Sherman Oaks, United States
Posts: 218
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadezhda View Post
Oh! Grace Le Vine! Thank you!
You are most welcome. All the Kelly cousins looked great.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #423  
Old 02-21-2013, 03:42 PM
Sensibility's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Ginebra, Switzerland
Posts: 389
Mary Lee (and here with her first husband)in 1965 and Meg Davis in 1967 (nieces of Princess Grace)

Margaret Kelly and Lizanne Le Vine
__________________
Violet E. Van der Woodsen.
Reply With Quote
  #424  
Old 02-24-2013, 08:42 PM
agogo's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: côte d'océan Pacifique, United States
Posts: 726
http://s599.beta.photobucket.com/use...age-7.jpg.html

Princess Caroline Christens Rowing Shell, 1963 — Princess Caroline, 6, poured champagne over the hull of the John B. Kelly rowing shell at the Vespers Boat Club on the Schuylkill River in Philadelphia Tuesday afternoon. She was one of eleven grandchildren who helped christen the boat. Watching the Princess were, left to right, Grace LeVine, 7; Ann Kelly, 8; and above, left to right, Marylee Davis, 15, John B. Kelly, Jr., Meg Davis, 17, and the crew of the Ratzeburg, Germany Boat Club, Olympic and World Champions.
Reply With Quote
  #425  
Old 03-10-2013, 08:35 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by queenofthelight View Post
There are two old clippings of The Kelly Family.

http://i35.tinypic.com/33fautl.jpg
http://i38.tinypic.com/hu2grb.jpg
I know this is an old post but I cant get over how like Grace Pauline is I can see Charlotte too but pictures of Pauline as a little girl are uncannily like her Grandmother
Reply With Quote
  #426  
Old 03-16-2013, 11:44 AM
sherylal24's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Mount Joy, United States
Posts: 170
I think Pauline is the image of Lizanne Kelly Levine.
Reply With Quote
  #427  
Old 05-07-2013, 01:27 AM
sherylal24's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Mount Joy, United States
Posts: 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherylal24 View Post
I think Pauline is the image of Lizanne Kelly Levine.

I meant to say Camille.
Reply With Quote
  #428  
Old 12-30-2013, 04:08 AM
agogo's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: côte d'océan Pacifique, United States
Posts: 726
Susan Kelly Von Medicus is a niece of Princess Grace, daughter of John B. Kelly II. She is a very talented artist. her blog is interesting too.

Drawing Inspiration | irishphiladelphia.com

This is a nice article about her sister, Elizabeth Brendan Kelly. Elizabeth died in 2006.
http://articles.philly.com/1988-04-2...eyes-free-time
http://articles.philly.com/2006-05-2...es-grace-kelly

Does anyone have pictures of John B. Kelly II's family?
Reply With Quote
  #429  
Old 09-26-2015, 11:53 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Springfield, United States
Posts: 1
Elizabeth Brenden Kelly, Lower Merion High School, 1976

Hi,
Does anyone have any pictures of my dear friend Elizabeth Brenden Kelly? I went to Lower Merion High School, in Ardmore, PA. We swam on the swim team together. I graduated in 1975. She was a year behind me. Liz was an amazing swimmer, she was so talented. She swam for Versper's Swim Club, and Lower Merion High School Swim Team. Liz was extremely intelligent she graduated with a 4.0 from high school and went on to Harvard.
I will always remember Liz. She was so kind and quiet. I found the newspaper article below in the Inquirer.

Fondly,
Joan

By Gayle Ronan Sims INQUIRER STAFF WRITER
POSTED: May 27, 2006
Elizabeth Brenden Kelly, 47, a baker and restaurant owner and member of the renowned Philadelphia Kelly family, died of cervical cancer Thursday at home in Center City.

Miss Kelly was the daughter and granddaughter of Olympic scullers and bricklaying businessmen, civic leaders and social constants.

A 1977 graduate of Lower Merion High School, she was a member of the swim team of the Vesper Boat Club. She earned a dual degree in 1981 in English and archaeology from Harvard, where she swam on the all-Ivy League team and ran a catering service.

"I really didn't know what do after graduation. I usually spent the month of August in Monaco," where her aunt, the former Grace Kelly, lived as Princess Grace, Miss Kelly said in a 1988 Inquirer profile. "Aunt Grace said, 'What do you want to do?' She suggested I come to Paris, stay with her and learn French. So I lived in her Avenue Foch apartment and took French lessons. One of the girls in my class was working in a restaurant and I got a job there, waiting tables."

She wound up running the kitchen for 18 months at Lord Sandwich, a Parisian eatery run by Swedes that served American pastries.

When her aunt died in 1982, Miss Kelly got her own apartment and taught English for two years at the American Center in Paris.

When she returned to Philadelphia, she was a breakfast baker at the former Commissary before becoming head baker in 1986 at the former Chameleon.

Miss Kelly was not happy. She tried baking at Le Bec-Fin, but that lasted only two weeks. "The pace was too slow," she said. She went back to Chameleon.

That job paid well, but "I didn't need the money . . . I got no recognition for what I was doing," she said.

Yearning for a place of her own, Miss Kelly opened Brickworks in 1988 at 119 S. 19th St. It was a simple bakery and lunch cafe named after the industry in which her grandfather, John B. Kelly Sr., thrived.

Growing up in Wynnewood, Miss Kelly learned to bake from her nanny. "I often cooked for the entire family as well as family cocktail parties," she said in 1988. "In the sixth grade I did a sit-down dinner for 30 of my friends."

She worked from 3 a.m. until 7:30 p.m., seven days a week at Brickworks, baking award-winning fig bars and rich Chocoholic cakes.

She gave up annual fun while running the cafe. "I have a good time when I'm in Monaco," she said in 1988, "but there's only so much dancing and lying in the sun that I could take."

She closed the cafe in the early 1990s.

Miss Kelly, who resembled her father, John B. Jr., with blond hair, broad face, blue eyes and swimmer's shoulders, was "plagued by health issues in the 1990s," said her brother John B. III.

She earned a nursing degree at the Community College of Philadelphia in 2004 and worked briefly as a nurse at the Fountains at Logan Circle.

"She became too sick to work in spring of 2005," her brother said. "She was diagnosed with cervical cancer last summer."

"She was one the wittiest people I've ever met, always the most fun to be with," said her sister Margaret Christina "Buttons" Kelly.

In addition to her brother and sister, Miss Kelly is survived by her mother, Mary Freeman Spitzer; stepfather, Alan Spitzer; sisters Ann Ogle, Susan Von Medicus and Maura Casey; stepmother, Sandra Kelly; and several cousins.

A private burial is today.

Contact staff writer Gayle Ronan Sims at 215-854-4185 or gsims@phillynews.com.
Reply With Quote
  #430  
Old 12-16-2015, 06:35 PM
cdm's Avatar
cdm cdm is online now
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: België, Belgique, Belgium
Posts: 1,302
An article in French on Grace Levine
Grace & Family
Reply With Quote
  #431  
Old 01-23-2016, 12:04 AM
agogo's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: côte d'océan Pacifique, United States
Posts: 726
I am looking for photos of the family of John B. Kelly Jr. His son and daughters are:

John B. Kelly III
Susan Kelly Von Medicus
Elizabeth Brenden Kelly (deceased 2006)
Maura Grace Kelly Casey (deceased 2010)
Ann Kelly Ogle
Margaret Christina Kelly

Also, does anyone know the names of the grandchildren of Peggy Kelly ? She married George Davis then Eugene Conlan? She had twin daughters,
1)Margaret Davis, married Richard Roe then William Packer.
2)Mary Lee Davis married John Paul Jones Jr then Hugh Kentworthy.
Reply With Quote
  #432  
Old 01-23-2016, 02:56 AM
Countessmeout's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: alberta, Canada
Posts: 3,446
Quote:
Originally Posted by agogo View Post
I am looking for photos of the family of John B. Kelly Jr. His son and daughters are:

John B. Kelly III
Susan Kelly Von Medicus
Elizabeth Brenden Kelly (deceased 2006)
Maura Grace Kelly Casey (deceased 2010)
Ann Kelly Ogle
Margaret Christina Kelly

Also, does anyone know the names of the grandchildren of Peggy Kelly ? She married George Davis then Eugene Conlan? She had twin daughters,
1)Margaret Davis, married Richard Roe then William Packer.
2)Mary Lee Davis married John Paul Jones Jr then Hugh Kentworthy.
According to her obituary, she had 8 grandchildren.

From what I can find Margarat and her second husband William Packer had 3 sons, Richard (Caroline is his godmother), Chris and Gabby.

Mary had 3 kids with her first husband and 2 with her second. I am having trouble finding any information on her kids.
Reply With Quote
  #433  
Old 01-31-2016, 09:03 PM
agogo's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: côte d'océan Pacifique, United States
Posts: 726
The Kelly Relatives

These are the ONLY photos I could find. Elizabeth's was in the Philly com article that you posted but has long since disappeared from the archived article.


Elizabeth Brenden Kelly
Maura Grace Kelly with her father

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet003 View Post
Hi,
Does anyone have any pictures of my dear friend Elizabeth Brenden Kelly? I went to Lower Merion High School, in Ardmore, PA. We swam on the swim team together. I graduated in 1975. She was a year behind me. Liz was an amazing swimmer, she was so talented. She swam for Versper's Swim Club, and Lower Merion High School Swim Team. Liz was extremely intelligent she graduated with a 4.0 from high school and went on to Harvard.
I will always remember Liz. She was so kind and quiet. I found the newspaper article below in the Inquirer.

Fondly,
Joan

By Gayle Ronan Sims INQUIRER STAFF WRITER
POSTED: May 27, 2006
Elizabeth Brenden Kelly, 47, a baker and restaurant owner and member of the renowned Philadelphia Kelly family, died of cervical cancer Thursday at home in Center City.

Miss Kelly was the daughter and granddaughter of Olympic scullers and bricklaying businessmen, civic leaders and social constants.

A 1977 graduate of Lower Merion High School, she was a member of the swim team of the Vesper Boat Club. She earned a dual degree in 1981 in English and archaeology from Harvard, where she swam on the all-Ivy League team and ran a catering service.

"I really didn't know what do after graduation. I usually spent the month of August in Monaco," where her aunt, the former Grace Kelly, lived as Princess Grace, Miss Kelly said in a 1988 Inquirer profile. "Aunt Grace said, 'What do you want to do?' She suggested I come to Paris, stay with her and learn French. So I lived in her Avenue Foch apartment and took French lessons. One of the girls in my class was working in a restaurant and I got a job there, waiting tables."

She wound up running the kitchen for 18 months at Lord Sandwich, a Parisian eatery run by Swedes that served American pastries.

When her aunt died in 1982, Miss Kelly got her own apartment and taught English for two years at the American Center in Paris.

When she returned to Philadelphia, she was a breakfast baker at the former Commissary before becoming head baker in 1986 at the former Chameleon.

Miss Kelly was not happy. She tried baking at Le Bec-Fin, but that lasted only two weeks. "The pace was too slow," she said. She went back to Chameleon.

That job paid well, but "I didn't need the money . . . I got no recognition for what I was doing," she said.

Yearning for a place of her own, Miss Kelly opened Brickworks in 1988 at 119 S. 19th St. It was a simple bakery and lunch cafe named after the industry in which her grandfather, John B. Kelly Sr., thrived.

Growing up in Wynnewood, Miss Kelly learned to bake from her nanny. "I often cooked for the entire family as well as family cocktail parties," she said in 1988. "In the sixth grade I did a sit-down dinner for 30 of my friends."

She worked from 3 a.m. until 7:30 p.m., seven days a week at Brickworks, baking award-winning fig bars and rich Chocoholic cakes.

She gave up annual fun while running the cafe. "I have a good time when I'm in Monaco," she said in 1988, "but there's only so much dancing and lying in the sun that I could take."

She closed the cafe in the early 1990s.

Miss Kelly, who resembled her father, John B. Jr., with blond hair, broad face, blue eyes and swimmer's shoulders, was "plagued by health issues in the 1990s," said her brother John B. III.

She earned a nursing degree at the Community College of Philadelphia in 2004 and worked briefly as a nurse at the Fountains at Logan Circle.

"She became too sick to work in spring of 2005," her brother said. "She was diagnosed with cervical cancer last summer."

"She was one the wittiest people I've ever met, always the most fun to be with," said her sister Margaret Christina "Buttons" Kelly.

In addition to her brother and sister, Miss Kelly is survived by her mother, Mary Freeman Spitzer; stepfather, Alan Spitzer; sisters Ann Ogle, Susan Von Medicus and Maura Casey; stepmother, Sandra Kelly; and several cousins.

A private burial is today.

Contact staff writer Gayle Ronan Sims at 215-854-4185 or gsims@phillynews.com.
Reply With Quote
  #434  
Old 05-21-2016, 07:46 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Boston, United States
Posts: 2
Grace Kelly's nieces. Meg and MaryLee Davis were not twins

Re Grace Kelly's nieces and sister Peggy
Peggy's daughters,Mary Lee and Meg were not twins.
They were 2 years apart. Meg was born sometime in 1946 and Mary Lee sometime in 1948. Knew them both all of my childhood in Ocean City

Bonni
Reply With Quote
  #435  
Old 09-04-2016, 08:40 AM
cdm's Avatar
cdm cdm is online now
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: België, Belgique, Belgium
Posts: 1,302
A 2014 article about the Kelly's

http://www.townandcountrymag.com/soc...philadelphia/?
Reply With Quote
  #436  
Old 09-04-2016, 02:58 PM
C4A's Avatar
C4A C4A is offline
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Cape Town, South Africa
Posts: 652
^^^ previous. This is a great article, even if it's not new, and provides a wonderful insight into the world of the modern day Kellys, as well as the most famous one of them all. Very insightful, and so well written too. Thanks for sharing.

Do you have any idea in which season/episode of The Good Wife Ginna Le Vine appeared in? I will try and remember that name...


Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community
Reply With Quote
  #437  
Old 09-04-2016, 03:51 PM
cdm's Avatar
cdm cdm is online now
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: België, Belgique, Belgium
Posts: 1,302
Here's Ginna Le Vine's imdb page.

http://m.imdb.com/name/nm4765282/
Reply With Quote
  #438  
Old 09-04-2016, 03:54 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Boston, United States
Posts: 2
Hi, does anyone know where and how Mary Lee is? she is Grace's niece; Peggy's younger daughter; Meg's younger sister

Thank you
Bonni
Reply With Quote
  #439  
Old 09-04-2016, 04:39 PM
Countessmeout's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: alberta, Canada
Posts: 3,446
from what I understand she is a real estate agent in Philadelphia where she lives with her second husband Hugh. She has 5kids and five grandkids. Some of the kids are from her first marriage.
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Popular Tags
ascot 2016 best gown best gown september 2016 best hat best outfit catherine middleton style countess of wessex's eveningwear coup d'etat crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion crown princess mette-marit current events danish royal family duarte duchess of cambridge dutch state visit e-mail fashion poll grand duke jean greece jean kate middleton king abdullah ii king felipe king felipe vi king willem-alexander member introduction monarchy new zealand nobel gala norway november 2016 october 2016 opening of parliament picture of the week prince bernhard prince charles princess marie princess mary princess mary daytime fashion princess mary fashion princess mary hats queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen letizia style queen mathilde queen mathildes fashion queen mathildes outfits queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania royal fashion september 2016 spanish queen state visit state visit to denmark succession sweden the duchess of cambridge the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:43 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2016
Jelsoft Enterprises