The Kelly Relatives

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi, I am new to this forum.

I am a relation of Grace Kelly. (3rd Cousin)!

My Great,Great Grand-Mother (Catherine) was a sister of Brian Kelly who I believe was Grace's Great Grand-Dad ?

Does any one know any more about the Brian Kelly family line ?
Thanks.
I am 23 and I am collecting research so I can put together a family tree one day. It has taken me on an interesting journey as I found on the other side of my family that I am a 4th cousin of the ex-presidant JFK. It really is a small world.
I recently came across your 2011 post. While I have a few minutes I went ahead and subscribed to this forum, and thread in particular, so that I could respond. Our family did not know about your Catherine as a sister to Brian Kelly. They had a brother, James, who served as a footman to the Rutledge family (near Ballina). James Kelly and Cecelia Rutledge fell in love and eloped. She, of course, was disowned. They had a few children, including Bridget, who married Michael Neville. Our maternal grandfather, Michael Kelly Neville, was born in 1865 and emigrated to America in 1882. He initially in Port Henry, New York, where I believe other Kelly’s had emigrated. After a few years in Vermont I believe that John and Honore moved to Port Henry before returning to Ireland for awhile. They were close to our grandfather. Of course there is more to the lineage story. I look forward to further discussion and providing any information that may be helpful to you.

2020 marks the 100th year anniversary of the Olympic Games in Antwerp, Belgium.
It was at these games John Kelly won his first Olympic gold medals in single and double scull.
He went on to win a medal at the 1924 Olympics.
An thus started a family tradition.
His son John Kelly participated 4 times in the same disciplines.
His grandson Prince Albert participated 5 times in bobsleigh and married an Olympian.
His great-granddaughter Pauline Ducruet participated once at the Youth Olympics in diving.

Last edited:
Well Pss Charlene don't need an enemy if she has members like that person in her or better said her husbands family..She must be desperate for some attention. What a train wreck of a female. This is all I like to say about this.

Well,in royal and princely terms she was very much a commoner with a dash of German noble blood just through her mother...here is her line from Schenk von Stauffenberg family,family of famous Claus,Count Schenk von Stauffenberg and Andrea's ex-girfriend Caroline,Countess Schenk von Stauffenberg:

Konrad Schenk von Stauffenberg,died in 1361=Adelheid von Ow
I
Elisabeth Schenk von Stauffenberg
I
Adelheid Megenzer von Felldorf
I
Elisabeth von Pleiningen
I
Erhard Faut gennant zum Stock,Rattherr in Studtgart,born in 1450
I
Barbara Faut gennant zum Stock,lived from 1470-1514
I
Elisabeth Stickel,died in 1531
I
Margaretha Hom,died in 1606
I
Christine Spam von Sparr
I
Brigitte Stehlin aus Merklingen,died in 1598
I
Brigitte Aubler,lived from 1584-1644
I
Euphrosyne Leo,lived from 1614-1681
I
Eufrosine Schübel,lived from 1640-1689
I
Johann Christoph Lang,lived from 1673-1720
I
Christine Euphrosine Lang,lived from 1707-1744
I
Prof.Johann Christoph von Maier,lived from 1741-1821
I
Gustav Maier,lived from 1793-1856
I
Johann Christian Karl Maier,lived from 1837-1885
I
Karl Maier,lived from 1863-1922
I
Margaret Maier,born in 1899
I
Grace Patricia Kelly,lived from 1929-1982=Prince Ranier III of Monaco,lived from 1923-1005

So,the von Stauffenbergs and all nobles that have descended from them could today count as Kelly relatives,no matter how distant they are.As we see Grace Patricia Kelly also descended from several other German noble families like von Pleiningen, von Münchingen, Spam von Sparr, von Felldorf, von Ow, von Rath, von Bettendorf , von Nippenburg, von Thierberg and von Salmedingen zu Erpfingen family...

There was a question on European Royal Message Board about German ancestry of Grace Kelly:

https://members3.boardhost.com/EuropeanRoyals/msg/1600361532.html

As I am not a member and can't post there, can anyone who is a member there do me a favor and post my whole post from 10 years ago now there? :)

It would be proper to have a more complete answer to a member Jane who posted a question about Grace Kelly.

Thank you in advance!

Last edited:
Real Countess, I agree with you. I think all her words stem from pure envy. Charlene does not need persons like her, no matter if they are relatives. All the people of Monaco love her and most important of all she has the love of her adorable twins and her husband. In the Calvi-Monaco crossing she has just shown all her worth!

2020 marks the 100th year anniversary of the Olympic Games in Antwerp, Belgium.
It was at these games John Kelly won his first Olympic gold medals in single and double scull.
He went on to win a medal at the 1924 Olympics.
An thus started a family tradition.
His son John Kelly participated 4 times in the same disciplines.
His grandson Prince Albert participated 5 times in bobsleigh and married an Olympian.
His great-granddaughter Pauline Ducruet participated once at the Youth Olympics in diving.
Just to mention his partner in double sculls, Paul Costello, was his cousin. Two other great-granddaughters of John Kelly were sportspeople - Charlotte Casiraghi used to participate in the show jumping competitions (combining that with being a Gucci ambassador), while HRH Princess Alexandra was a figure skater, participating in another five-ring event, the European Youth Olympic Winter Festival, as well as taking part in the ISU Junior Grand Prix twice.

John B. Kelly III, President of the US Chapter of the Prince Albert II of Monaco Foundation, attended the 23rd Annual Stars of Stony Brook Gala at Cipriani 42nd Street in New York City yesterday, April 13:

** Pic ** gettyimages gallery **

Back
Top Bottom