The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-28-2010, 02:21 PM
Gentry

The Kelly family vacation home in Ocean City, New Jersey:
Berger Realty - Ocean City NJ Vacation Rentals

Old 01-28-2010, 03:59 PM
Nobility

miss mandyberry, do you say that the Kelly´s house in OC is avaiable for renting? that´s amazing, I´ll rent it on summer!!!

Old 01-28-2010, 04:14 PM
Gentry

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensibility View Post
miss mandyberry, do you say that the Kelly´s house in OC is avaiable for renting? that´s amazing, I´ll rent it on summer!!!

I think you can rent it! How amazing would that be?? If you rent there, please take pictures!
Old 01-28-2010, 09:02 PM
Serene Highness

Red face Gistening Seas

That is the first time we have seen pics of the kelly place and; how beautiful it really is indeed.
if you do get a chance to rent it we hope you will have lots of pics to share and tell us all about it!
we find the decor extraordinary! loved the carved beds and the cheery colorful seashell upholstery and lots of beautiful windows very much a sunworshiper's dream! we can see why they loved it so
Old 01-30-2010, 06:05 AM
Courtier

Quote:
I have founded this picture from the "To Catch a Thief" Openning in NYC. Isn´t that girl Lizanne? It´seems her!
Yes, it's her.
Old 01-31-2010, 10:27 AM
Nobility

Jack Kelly for Mayor 1935
Old 02-01-2010, 05:35 PM
Gentry

Smile

Quote:

How neat!!!!!
Old 02-01-2010, 06:01 PM
Nobility

Thank you, it´s a nice little vintage!
Old 02-04-2010, 12:09 PM
Commoner

It's wonderful how many of her relatives still live on the Main Line. I also love passing the statue of her father whenever I'm in town.
Old 02-04-2010, 02:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

Jack Kelly for Major! That would have been awesome!
Old 02-04-2010, 04:29 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by missmandyberry View Post
That home is the former Levine property. Lizanne lived @ that location until she could physically no longer live there. The property was sold & her home was demolished. It seems Lizanne's son rented the 1st floor last year, donating the rental fees to charity (which is truely amazing!) & the 2nd floor was sold as a private property The hasienda stlye home you see in the background is the real former Kelly Family beach house where Grace & her siblings grew up. I'm not sure if the home is still in the family.
Old 02-05-2010, 09:28 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by reg709 View Post
That home is the former Levine property. Lizanne lived @ that location until she could physically no longer live there. The property was sold & her home was demolished. It seems Lizanne's son rented the 1st floor last year, donating the rental fees to charity (which is truely amazing!) & the 2nd floor was sold as a private property The hasienda stlye home you see in the background is the real former Kelly Family beach house where Grace & her siblings grew up. I'm not sure if the home is still in the family.
Oh wow! I didn't know that! Where did you find that out?
Old 02-05-2010, 10:09 AM
Commoner

I spend my summers in Ocean City, NJ. My mother had a home there growing up just 3 blocks away from the Kelly Family home.
The beachfront property in your post was the location of the former Levine Beach House, but to be very honest, I don't know who actually owns the property now.
Old 02-28-2010, 10:17 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by libra65 View Post
Princess Grace's mother, Margaret, was the daughter of German immegrants. I don't know if Jack Kelly was first or second generation American. I guess the combination of those genes just made a perfect blend in Grace.
It is interesting to note that Grace Kelly was through her mother Margaret direct descendant of German aristocratic family Schenk von Stauffenberg...her grandson Andrea Casiraghi dated Countess Caroline Schenk von Stauffenberg from that same family...

Of course,Andrea is related to Caroline through various other families through his grand-paternal Grimaldi line and not Kellys...
Old 02-28-2010, 11:54 AM
Nobility

I have found this man.

The ancestry and lineage of Colonel Claus Schenk, Count von Stauffenberg, show him to have been seemingly ordained by heaven for his dangerous and courageous task.

His family are amongst the most eminent and noble families of Bavaria, with close connections to the Royal House of Wittelsbach, which family is, for Jacobite Legitimists, the senior legitimate line of succession of British royalty.

Two nieces of the Duke of Bavaria are married to two brothers, first cousins twice removed both of Count Claus Schenk von Stauffenberg and of his wife Baroness Elisabeth Magdalena von Lerchenfeld, Countess Monika von Waldburg zu Zeil und Trauchburg to Count Christoph Schenk von Stauffenberg and Countess Maria-Anna von Quadt zu Wykradt und Isny to Count Alexander Schenk von Stauffenberg.

Another niece of the Duke of Bavaria, Countess Walburga von Waldburg zu Zeil und Trauchburg is married to Baron Carl von Lerchenfeld, first cousin of the aforementioned brothers Counts Christoph and Alexander Schenk von Stauffenberg.

The Lerchenfelds are direct descendants of Lord Thomas Howard, Earl of Suffolk, son of Thomas Howard, 4th Duke of Norfolk, by his second marriage.

St Philip Howard, Earl of Arundel was the only son of the latter's first mar.

*He had a similar face to Margaret´s and Grace´s.
Old 02-28-2010, 02:31 PM
Heir Apparent

Thank you a lot for this piece of information, Sensibility!
I have never heard of him anything earlier!
Old 02-28-2010, 02:48 PM
Serene Highness

Smile Glisteing Seas

So glad to have someone point the facts out. I had no idea Pss. Grace family history traced back to the most serious of times.

Apparantly Pss Grace wasn't as much of a commoner as most would think?? Truly coming from a noble heritage!
Old 02-28-2010, 04:29 PM
Heir Apparent

Sensibility, the photo isn't showing :-(

I'm surprised at the link with the Stauffenberg family, especially Claus Schenk von St. who is revered almost as a martyr, through the attempted killing of Hitler.

I was even more surprised to find a link to the noble Howard family (owners of stately homes in Derbyshire), a prominent Catholic family with a genuine martyr, Saint Philip Howard. Until I moved to Edinburgh, I lived for many years in Glossop, Derbyshire, where there are various churches and memorials to Philip and his companions, known as the Padley Martyrs, during the time of persecution of Catholics.
Old 02-28-2010, 08:21 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by missmandyberry View Post
Wow, that house is huge, we always rented houses in Ocean City NJ and would always drive by the Kelly's house on the beach which was all white brick back then and the original house was across the street where Grace's parents house was, where the family stayed when she was little. You can see it in the backround of the picture, kind of a spanish style house. Haven't been O C in about 6 yrs though!
Old 02-28-2010, 08:31 PM
Aristocracy

Way back in '78, when Princess Grace and Caroline were staying at the house on the beach when she was still with Philip Junot, all the news people were outside and a crowd of people trying to look in the windows and walking on the property, my sister and I were lying on the beach and looked up to see swarms of people everywhere, on the porch, peering in windows and thankfully the curtains were closed. Never did see Grace or Caroline but I did see Grace Levine coming out of the top floor of the house coming down the stairs.