The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-01-2009, 05:24 PM
Nobility

Dear Poppy and Renatta,
I never talk without idea, I prefer not talk in that case. I´m just talking about something that I consider not good, It´s only my OPINION.
In the second hand, Lizanne care of Caroline during her depression later Grace´s dieth. Princess Caroline had "nervious depression" during a year and she stayed around 2 or 3 months in Philly. Later, they were very closed, overall when Caroline divorced of Phillip Junot. And, in other place, Caroline was with Lizanne Kelly in the Stefano accident and aunt had to be near her.

Is it enough?
Thank you very much.
Lily.

Old 12-01-2009, 07:29 PM
Serene Highness

Talking Glistening Seas

Truly Caroline must have enjoyed philadelphia for a while anywhow.

It must have been a huge thing perhaps Caroline didn't want to have to deal with 2 deaths and her grief in such a high profile status; so surely a more lower profile assignment to keep her collected was probably a good idea.

It's certain the move to Monaco is indeed the right change of pace for Caroline & Andrea. It's liveliness and festive atmosphere will go a long way towards bringing a balance to all that is going on at the time.

Old 12-02-2009, 12:18 AM
Heir Presumptive

Well not to get into a big discussion here, but Lizanne attended Caroline's civil wedding with Stefano and when the accident happened Caroline was in Paris with her friend Ines de la Fressange.

The reasons they had not to attend are only known by them and we can't judge them. At least Prince Albert attended, it would have struck everyone if no one representing the Grimaldis had not attended.
Old 12-02-2009, 10:22 AM
Nobility

I repeate, I´ve said It´s my opinion and I´ve said in my first post "I´m nobody for just her reasons", but we´re in a foro so we are right for discuss all that we want. I´ve read that Caroline was with Lizanne in the Ocean City Blog. It´s a "on the record" information. If you know about journalism it´s more than right.

Thank you and happy day.
Old 12-02-2009, 10:41 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by monaco70s View Post
Well not to get into a big discussion here, but Lizanne attended Caroline's civil wedding with Stefano and when the accident happened Caroline was in Paris with her friend Ines de la Fressange.
Exactly, Caroline was in Paris with Ines! We all have seen those sad pics! I am afraid that the Ocean City blog is not a good source, Sensibility!
Quote:
The reasons they had not to attend are only known by them and we can't judge them.
Right! I totally agree!
Old 12-02-2009, 10:57 AM
Nobility

Quote:
It´s true. There pics of Caroline with Ines.

Quote:
The reasons they had not to attend are only known by them and we can't judge them. At least Prince Albert attended, it would have struck everyone if no one representing the Grimaldis had not attended.
I agree with you.
Old 12-02-2009, 11:31 AM
Nobility

If I say you that my mother is cousin of Kelly´s? And if I say you that I was in the Lizanne funeral? And if I say you that I knew Grace?

I know more that you think, but I understand your opinion.
Old 12-02-2009, 11:46 AM
Courtier

Elizabeth Kelly Le Vine, 76, Grace Kelly's sister | Philadelphia Inquirer | 11/26/2009

If Princess Caroline and Princess Stephanie had attended their aunt's funeral, the Kelly family would not have had a funeral service that was respectful and peaceful. The media would have turned the remembrance service and Mass into a circus. I don't recall that the Grimaldi's attended the funeral of their grandmother, Margaret Kelly for these same reasons. I may be wrong on this point.
Old 12-02-2009, 11:50 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensibility View Post
If I say you that my mother is cousin of Kelly´s? And if I say you that I was in the Lizanne funeral? And if I say you that I knew Grace?

I know more that you think, but I understand your opinion.
Really? That's interesting. I'm not being sarcastic, I'm really interested.
Old 12-02-2009, 03:13 PM
Nobility

I didn´t pretend to be unfriendly, I didn´t want to say it but it´s true, I´m part of Kelly´s (a far part). I grew up in Spain but I saw Grace two times when I was little, in 79 and 81.

I´ve got a house in the 26 street of Ocean City (near Grace´s).

My grandmother is daughter of Margaret Majer´sister, so well that´s all. I´m not very introducing with they because I grew up far of US.

I lunched a lot of times in New Jersey with Aunt Lizanne (she cooked a lot) and I loved her a lot. I was in the funeral and I´m sad because their nieces wasn´t there. That´s all.

Hope to be usefull for you,
Lily.
Old 12-02-2009, 04:30 PM
Royal Highness

Other than having been Grace's chaperone everywhere Lizanne was also on Larry King Live .
I remember she said my sister Grace was shy.
She also said something about the fact that the Prince and Grace in different ways were used to having each his own way and there was a period of adjustment in the marriage.
May Lizanne Rest in Peace and condolences to the family.
Old 12-02-2009, 06:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

The mods may get mad at my post, but Sensibility it doesn't make sense at all that in one of your posts right after we all learned of Lizanne's death u state you wanted to meet her, it was ur dream....and then a few posts later you claim having lunch with her....

Just my two cents...
Old 12-02-2009, 07:30 PM
Heir Presumptive

I found this video of Lizanne. It is when she appeared as a contestant in short-running television program "The Name's The Same". Dated February 21st, 1955.

Old 12-02-2009, 08:08 PM
Serene Highness

Talking Glistening Seas

Oh Sensibility was Lizzy fun to be around!!

was she more outgoing that Pss Grace? What illnesses did she have? Did she enjoy parties and did she visit Pss. Grace when she was married to Ranier! Sounds like she was a mah-velous aunt indeed.
Old 12-03-2009, 10:59 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: Somewhere in the middle of the River Po Valley, Italy
Now we all can see whom Stephanie and Camille have taken after!
Old 12-03-2009, 11:40 AM
Heir Apparent

Many thanks, Nathalie Cox, for finding the YouTube clip of Lizanne.

I think she could have been competition for Grace, certainly in the "looks" department, and in terms of charme and grace.
Old 12-03-2009, 11:53 AM
Administrator

Well, I would agree that she was definitely pretty. Not a bad look group of kids by any means. But I think she was a little harsher in looks than Grace. Grace had an etheral beauty. Its like you have one sister who is pretty and talented (Solange Knowles) but the other sister takes it off the charts (Beyonce), and there is really no comparison.

Old 12-03-2009, 01:11 PM
Aristocracy

I don't remember where I read it, but it seems that Lizanne died of cancer.

I think that Lizanne Kelly was indeed pretty if not beautiful, as for Grace being better looking let's not forget that Grace was a movie star and she had a wide array of makeup artists, hairdressers, designers etc. to make her look always flawless and gorgeous.....
Lizanne was a " normal" person at the end of the day not a star.
Old 12-03-2009, 02:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Some photos of Grace and Lizanne and family from the French magazine GALA:

La famille princière de Monaco endeuillée - Gala
Old 12-03-2009, 02:26 PM
Heir Presumptive

Beautiful pics! I really like the first one. You can definitely tell they are sisters. The Kelly family was very good looking.