The Kelly Relatives

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
^They do. They are such a handsome family. It's hard to think that no one of that Kelly generation are alive. :(

Peggy's daughter and Princess Grace's niece; Margaret Ann (known as Meg) was Princess Caroline's godmother. She was also one of the flower girls at Prince Rainier and Princess Grace's wedding. Afterwards in life, Princess Caroline become godmother of Margaret's eldest son; Richard.

Here's the photo of Lizanne LeVine (Grace's younger sister) I found on Corbis..It's dated on 1997.

vwtt05.jpg
Meg still lives outside of Philadelphia. She has 3 sons-all of whom live in LA.

Meg still lives outside of Philadelphia. She has 3 sons-all of whom live in LA.

Most welcome!:)

Her sister, Meg Packer, loves playing golf andher name is listed here:
Home.

I can't find much else about her yet:sad:

2 of Meg Packer's 3 sons: Rich Roe | Facebook and Gabby Roe | Facebook

Kell's grandson (son of Susan von Medicus) is a model!: Welcome to Facebook | Facebook

Meg was on the cover of Seventeen Magazine during her freshman year of college. Would be early 60's. Maybe someone can find the cover online. She looks just like a young Grace.

My grandmother is daughter of Margaret Majer´sister, so well that´s all. I´m not very introducing with they because I grew up far of US.

I don't think this could be correct, since Margaret Majer had two brothers (Carl and Bruno) and no sisters. Both men married American women and their families remain in the Philadelphia area, according to Ancestry.com. - Ancestry.com

The information on Ancestry has been verified by five original sources, but if your grandmother really is Margaret Majer's sister who has somehow been overlooked, please provide more information about (dates of birth, marriage, death, husband and children's names) so the database can be updated.

You´re wrong, look for Patrice "Nina" Majer, she was smaller than Margaret. She appears.

You´re wrong, look for Patrice "Nina" Majer, she was smaller than Margaret. She appears.

Nope, she's not in the records. No sign of her in the census, the obits, or other resources I found via Ancestry.

Also, if she was younger than Margaret, she must have been born in the United States, but there's no sign of a birth certificate for her.

In fact, she is not in any of the genealogical or public records as far as I can see, nor is she in the Majer family trees other family members have filed.

If you can provide more details about her, perhaps it will be possible to trace her. If your grandmother really was Margaret's sister, it would be a shame to see her and all her descendants left off the family trees.

im not sure what year but i remember the show it started in 1984 but i dont know exactly how long it went but i watched every day the c fell on mary duval played by harley jane kozack she went on to star in aracnaphobia and the favor julia was always my favorite and she went onto be alexis on general hospital and kelly was played by robin wright who went on to be jenny in forrest gump and married sean penn i could talk about santa barbara for a very long time but i better stop there

I did enjoy the article. I was surprised but pleasingly so, because there was a lot of, it seemed, creative liberty, yet it was done in a wholly believable and credible style. I am trained as an academic and, therefore, this kind of approach is like a foreign culture to me, but I was engrossed in it from start to finish.

Yes! This is just the same than I thought when I read it. This style proofs that you could be historically accurate without any need of using an "academic style". I'm not saying that the academic style is bad, but that there's other ways to state true evenements.

Congrats! I enjoyed your article very much Iloveroyals! :flowers:

Vanesa.

I found a picture of a woman on fb that resembles Grace Kelly a lot. She may not be a relative of hers, although they have the same last name, but still she has something of the Kellys. Gina Marie Levine | Facebook

IMO that woman in the picture doesn't look like Grace.

And the family name is LeVine - different spelling.

Nope, she's not in the records. No sign of her in the census, the obits, or other resources I found via Ancestry.

Also, if she was younger than Margaret, she must have been born in the United States, but there's no sign of a birth certificate for her.

In fact, she is not in any of the genealogical or public records as far as I can see, nor is she in the Majer family trees other family members have filed.

If you can provide more details about her, perhaps it will be possible to trace her. If your grandmother really was Margaret's sister, it would be a shame to see her and all her descendants left off the family trees.

My family story is very long. My grandmother was mad and she lived in a Psiquiatric Hospital in Vermont for many years. Her mother left her in St Bridget Church in Philly, she had had a baby from other man. That´s all. In 1979, Margaret and Nina met.

My family story is very long. My grandmother was mad and she lived in a Psiquiatric Hospital in Vermont for many years. Her mother left her in St Bridget Church in Philly, she had had a baby from other man. That´s all. In 1979, Margaret and Nina met.

In the mid-70's, Margaret Kelly suffered a massive stroke which she never recovered from. She was left severely mentally impaired and could not recognize even her immediate family members as she had fallen into a near-vegetative state. So, in 1979 ...

Last edited:
In the mid-70's, Margaret Kelly suffered a massive stroke which she never recovered from. She was left severely mentally impaired and could not recognize even her immediate family members as she had fallen into a near-vegetative state. So, in 1979 ...

You do not know anything about our history. In 1979 Margaret was in the hospital itself. When my grandmother - God rest his soul- hear that , she came to visit Mrs. Kelly. I never said that Margaret Kelly would visit my grandmother.

I have no interest in talking about the history of my family. You're not from my family and it does not belong to you, anyone but we know what it is. I thought a lot if they tell anyone here know me and respect my privacy above all else.

I will not argue, he was well and it did. Even in the best families there are problems. My grandmother was a foundling, the result of infidelity. It is very hard to live with that, with the name of "bastard". You are nobody to judge the facts. However, if you want to investigate further encourage you to do so. But do not disturb my grandmother's past, who unfortunately was never happy.

PD: Grace if met, even though Margaret never wanted.

I believe Gina Marie Levine is one of the daughters of Chris Levine, Lizanne Kelly's son and Gina would be Lizanne Kelly Levine's grandaughter. I do think she resembles the Kelly side of the family with the wide jawline.

You do not know anything about our history. In 1979 Margaret was in the hospital itself. When my grandmother - God rest his soul- hear that , she came to visit Mrs. Kelly. I never said that Margaret Kelly would visit my grandmother.

I have no interest in talking about the history of my family. You're not from my family and it does not belong to you, anyone but we know what it is. I thought a lot if they tell anyone here know me and respect my privacy above all else.

I will not argue, he was well and it did. Even in the best families there are problems. My grandmother was a foundling, the result of infidelity. It is very hard to live with that, with the name of "bastard". You are nobody to judge the facts. However, if you want to investigate further encourage you to do so. But do not disturb my grandmother's past, who unfortunately was never happy.

PD: Grace if met, even though Margaret never wanted.

I want to believe what you're saying, but the facts don't add up. If your grandmother was a "foundling," how did she get the last name Majer? Women who drop "bastard" babies at the steps of churches don't generally give the children the last names of their husbands -- especially almost 100 years ago.

As for your not wanting to discuss your family history, I'd just remind you that you're the one who started the discussion. If you really are related, it sounds like an interesting story -- you ought to tell the details. Otherwise, why did you bring it up in the first place?

Kalnel, just stop it. Quit picking on sensibility. Your relentless challenging does not belong on TRF. Sensibility has an interesting family story to tell about Grace Kelly's family,and the family of Margaret Katherine Majer. Internet genealogy records are not the Bible of all facts. Internet genealogy records only have recorded what information has been entered into databases. A lot is missing. Issue from affairs that are out of wedlock won't be entered by the Kelly family. Sometimes these records are impossible to find. You have made the point that you cannot find legitimate records of a child born from an affair. In the 1930's and prior to that date I would be surprised if family records would happily announce an illegitimate half sister. And why would the family of Princess Grace announce this fact? Grace's family had political and social pursuits. The”upper crust” of Philadelphia society did not accept the “working class Kellys” Back then family skeletons stayed in the closet. Even for families that had no social prominence. Try to pay attention to the times that we are talking about. Margaret Majer was born in. 1898. I have been doing genealogy researching for over 20 years. Illegitimate issue will rarely be found in traditional family records. I've been working in the health profession for 30 years, it is entirely possible that an illegitimate half sister of Margaret Kelly could come to a nursing home for a visit. Visiting persons confined to a nursing home is normal. Just because you cannot find what you are looking for does not mean that you are correct. It is apparent that English is a second language for sensibility. Sometimes she has to state several times what she means to say. Be nice.

It is a convention in genealogy to record only acknowledged natural children. Rules and conventions are there for a purpose, otherwise family pedigrees would be pure fiction.

Kalnel, just stop it. Quit picking on sensibility. Your relentless challenging does not belong on TRF. Sensibility has an interesting family story to tell about Grace Kelly's family,and the family of Margaret Katherine Majer. Internet genealogy records are not the Bible of all facts. Internet genealogy records only have recorded what information has been entered into databases. A lot is missing. Issue from affairs that are out of wedlock won't be entered by the Kelly family. Sometimes these records are impossible to find. You have made the point that you cannot find legitimate records of a child born from an affair. In the 1930's and prior to that date I would be surprised if family records would happily announce an illegitimate half sister. And why would the family of Princess Grace announce this fact? Grace's family had political and social pursuits. The”upper crust” of Philadelphia society did not accept the “working class Kellys” Back then family skeletons stayed in the closet. Even for families that had no social prominence. Try to pay attention to the times that we are talking about. Margaret Majer was born in. 1898. I have been doing genealogy researching for over 20 years. Illegitimate issue will rarely be found in traditional family records. I've been working in the health profession for 30 years, it is entirely possible that an illegitimate half sister of Margaret Kelly could come to a nursing home for a visit. Visiting persons confined to a nursing home is normal. Just because you cannot find what you are looking for does not mean that you are correct. It is apparent that English is a second language for sensibility. Sometimes she has to state several times what she means to say. Be nice.

Relentless? What nonsense! I made two posts two months ago saying that I couldn't find a record of Margaret Majer ever having a sister, and asking for more info to add to the genealogical record. Neither message was answered with any credible information.

Then, this week, I responded after Sensisbility claimed that Margaret's mother had conceived this "Nina Majer" person with another man and left her on a church doorstep. I pointed out that, despite the fact that this child supposedly was illegitimate, she supposedly carried the Majer name.

A woman who wanted to avoid scandal in those days would have kept her mouth shut, given the baby her husband's name, and passed it off as his. That, in fact, was (and in many places still is) the law -- children born to a married woman were considered the legal offspring of the woman's husband, regardless of the circumstances. In other words, as a married woman Mrs. Majer could not have had an illegitimate child under the law.

Plus, regardless of the circumstances of her birth, this child does not appear on the census ever -- with a family, in an orphanage, with another family, etc. Nor is there a birth certificate, a baptismal certificate, an emigration record, a death record, a record of adoption, or anything else.

I would also remind you that Sensibility made these claims after no prompting from anyone, but when asked for facts, said she didn't want her family's private life exposed. Seems a little disingenuous -- if she doesn't want her grandmother's private life exposed, why is she offering these stories about her being born out of wedlock? And, why did she bring it up in the first place?

I would also point out that Sensibility has reversed herself on several other points when challenged. First, she always wanted to meet Lizanne; then she said she had had lunch with her several times. Next, she said had a house next to the Kellys' in Ocean City; then, she said she wanted to rent a place in Ocean City. Then there was some confusion about visits with Margaret Kelly. And so on.

If this is a language problem, I can understand the confusion. But, I'm skeptical.

So, I'd challenge her to either offer some proof -- a date of birth, a place of birth, or family pictures, etc. -- or drop her claims. If what she's saying is true, I'm sure we'd all be happy to acknowledge it.

But, if what's she's saying is false, she's besmirching the character of Margaret Majer Kelly's mother by claiming she had a child by another man.

So, YOU be nice and ask for people to have enough respect for the Kelly family not to run Mrs. Majer through the mud without backing it up and to respect the other people on this forum enough to substantiate their claims.

Enough already. It is easy to ask for documentation without needless attitude.

Thanks for your kind comment and for his great heart insolete trying to mediate between him and me, must have been a difficult task.

You will see "Kalnel" this is the last thing to say about this topic, you have no touch, no education and my family are still overcoming the difficult time of the death of my grandmother. The name "Majer" is the husband of the mother of my grandmother, but in those days the nuns of St. Bridget's Church took care of my grandmother lovingly and educated in the school of the assumption can to 7 years until was adopted by another family of Vermont. The nuns said Nina and that she did not feel bad he continued to call the family name of his mother - who was there from time to time to worry about the girl, but she never come face to face-to Apparently, so says my mother were times when the Church was very hard, and not favorable to the meeting between my grandmother and mother. Flemming was the family who adopted her. They were a family in northern Vermont, very wealthy. they kept the name but otherwise, as my grandmother insisted on it: it was Flemming-Majer Dowson. My grandmother always knew that was the name adpoted and Majer was the only link with his family. When my grandmother married her maiden name written as "Miss Majer". That was in 1920s, and time - as you must to know- was complicated for being not legitime.

Thanks to all that have give me your loving care. Best.

And I forgot, I met Lizanne in only one ocassion, we weren´t friends. My mother visited her and I went with her because we wanted to talk about my grandmother´s topic. She was in a psiquiatric hospital and we wanted to know more about this story. Lizanne Kelly gave us a lot of information about our grandmothers.

I close this topic, if anybody have interest in my story it would be a pleasure to talk about it.

You will see "Kalnel" this is the last thing to say about this topic, you have no touch, no education and my family are still overcoming the difficult time of the death of my grandmother.

I am sorry to hear that you're mourning your grandmother. Whatever the circumstances of her birth, I'm sure that is difficult.

Thank you so much and that´s all that I am going to talk about my family. Please, forget everything. It was a mistacke to try to share something so personal.

Funeral - John B. Kelly, Jr., on March 8, 1985

Some of the family photos..(from UPI)

Prince Rainier (2nd from left), his son, Albert (top-r) and members of the Kelly family leave the grave site of John B. Kelly, Jr., on March 8, 1985, after he was buried. Kelly was the brother of the late Princess Grace of Monaco. (UPI Photo/Mike Feldman/Files)

Prince Albert (R) and his sister, Princess Stephanie of Monaco (L) attend a memorial service for their uncle John B. Kelly, Jr., in Philadelphia on March 8, 1985. The brother of the late Princess Grace of Monaco died on March 2 of a heart attack. (UPI Photo/Mike Feldman/Files)

Princess Stephanie leaves the grave site of her uncle, John B. Kelly, Jr. on March 8, 1985 along with other members of the Kelly family as he was buried. Kelly was the brother of the late Princess Grace, and died of a heart attack while jogging on March 2. (UPI Photo/Mike Feldman/Files) --> beleive there's here cousin Grace with her!

Prince Albert of Monaco joins Secretary of the Navy, John Lehman (L), and members of the John B. Kelly, Jr. family waiting to be pallbearers at the burial site for Jack Kelly, the brother of Princess Grace of Monaco in Philadelphia on March 8, 1985. Jack Kelly died of a heart attack while jogging six days earlier. (UPI Photo/Mike Feldman/Files)

Princess Stephanie leaves a funeral home in Philadelphia on March 7, 1985, after attending the funeral of John B. Kelly, who was the brother of her mother, the late Princess Grace of Monaco. Jack Kelly died late last week while jogging. He was the newly elected President of the U.S. Olympic Committee. (UPI Photo/Mike Feldman/Files)

My apologise if it is double post!:flowers:

Back
Top Bottom