The Kelly Relatives

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
miss mandyberry, do you say that the Kelly´s house in OC is avaiable for renting? that´s amazing, I´ll rent it on summer!!!

I think you can rent it! How amazing would that be?? If you rent there, please take pictures!:flowers:

Gistening Seas

:rose:That is the first time we have seen pics of the kelly place and; how beautiful it really is indeed.
:twohearts: if you do get a chance to rent it we hope you will have lots of pics to share and tell us all about it!
:rose:we find the decor extraordinary! loved the carved beds and the cheery colorful seashell upholstery and lots of beautiful windows very much a sunworshiper's dream! we can see why they loved it so :heartflower:

It's wonderful how many of her relatives still live on the Main Line. I also love passing the statue of her father whenever I'm in town.

Jack Kelly for Major! That would have been awesome!

The Kelly family vacation home in Ocean City, New Jersey:
Berger Realty - Ocean City NJ Vacation Rentals

That home is the former Levine property. Lizanne lived @ that location until she could physically no longer live there. The property was sold & her home was demolished. It seems Lizanne's son rented the 1st floor last year, donating the rental fees to charity (which is truely amazing!) & the 2nd floor was sold as a private property The hasienda stlye home you see in the background is the real former Kelly Family beach house where Grace & her siblings grew up. I'm not sure if the home is still in the family.

That home is the former Levine property. Lizanne lived @ that location until she could physically no longer live there. The property was sold & her home was demolished. It seems Lizanne's son rented the 1st floor last year, donating the rental fees to charity (which is truely amazing!) & the 2nd floor was sold as a private property The hasienda stlye home you see in the background is the real former Kelly Family beach house where Grace & her siblings grew up. I'm not sure if the home is still in the family.

Oh wow! I didn't know that! Where did you find that out?

I spend my summers in Ocean City, NJ. My mother had a home there growing up just 3 blocks away from the Kelly Family home.
The beachfront property in your post was the location of the former Levine Beach House, but to be very honest, I don't know who actually owns the property now.

Princess Grace's mother, Margaret, was the daughter of German immegrants. I don't know if Jack Kelly was first or second generation American. I guess the combination of those genes just made a perfect blend in Grace.:flowers::wub:

It is interesting to note that Grace Kelly was through her mother Margaret direct descendant of German aristocratic family Schenk von Stauffenberg...her grandson Andrea Casiraghi dated Countess Caroline Schenk von Stauffenberg from that same family...

Of course,Andrea is related to Caroline through various other families through his grand-paternal Grimaldi line and not Kellys...

I have found this man.

The ancestry and lineage of Colonel Claus Schenk, Count von Stauffenberg, show him to have been seemingly ordained by heaven for his dangerous and courageous task.

His family are amongst the most eminent and noble families of Bavaria, with close connections to the Royal House of Wittelsbach, which family is, for Jacobite Legitimists, the senior legitimate line of succession of British royalty.

Two nieces of the Duke of Bavaria are married to two brothers, first cousins twice removed both of Count Claus Schenk von Stauffenberg and of his wife Baroness Elisabeth Magdalena von Lerchenfeld, Countess Monika von Waldburg zu Zeil und Trauchburg to Count Christoph Schenk von Stauffenberg and Countess Maria-Anna von Quadt zu Wykradt und Isny to Count Alexander Schenk von Stauffenberg.

Another niece of the Duke of Bavaria, Countess Walburga von Waldburg zu Zeil und Trauchburg is married to Baron Carl von Lerchenfeld, first cousin of the aforementioned brothers Counts Christoph and Alexander Schenk von Stauffenberg.

The Lerchenfelds are direct descendants of Lord Thomas Howard, Earl of Suffolk, son of Thomas Howard, 4th Duke of Norfolk, by his second marriage.

St Philip Howard, Earl of Arundel was the only son of the latter's first mar.

*He had a similar face to Margaret´s and Grace´s.

Thank you a lot for this piece of information, Sensibility!
I have never heard of him anything earlier!

Glisteing Seas

:rose2: So glad to have someone point the facts out. I had no idea Pss. Grace family history traced back to the most serious of times.

:rose: Apparantly Pss Grace wasn't as much of a commoner as most would think?? Truly coming from a noble heritage!:heartflower:

Sensibility, the photo isn't showing :-(

I'm surprised at the link with the Stauffenberg family, especially Claus Schenk von St. who is revered almost as a martyr, through the attempted killing of Hitler.

I was even more surprised to find a link to the noble Howard family (owners of stately homes in Derbyshire), a prominent Catholic family with a genuine martyr, Saint Philip Howard. Until I moved to Edinburgh, I lived for many years in Glossop, Derbyshire, where there are various churches and memorials to Philip and his companions, known as the Padley Martyrs, during the time of persecution of Catholics.

The Kelly family vacation home in Ocean City, New Jersey:
Berger Realty - Ocean City NJ Vacation Rentals

Wow, that house is huge, we always rented houses in Ocean City NJ and would always drive by the Kelly's house on the beach which was all white brick back then and the original house was across the street where Grace's parents house was, where the family stayed when she was little. You can see it in the backround of the picture, kind of a spanish style house. Haven't been O C in about 6 yrs though!

Way back in '78, when Princess Grace and Caroline were staying at the house on the beach when she was still with Philip Junot, all the news people were outside and a crowd of people trying to look in the windows and walking on the property, my sister and I were lying on the beach and looked up to see swarms of people everywhere, on the porch, peering in windows and thankfully the curtains were closed. Never did see Grace or Caroline but I did see Grace Levine coming out of the top floor of the house coming down the stairs.

:rose2: So glad to have someone point the facts out. I had no idea Pss. Grace family history traced back to the most serious of times.

:rose: Apparantly Pss Grace wasn't as much of a commoner as most would think?? Truly coming from a noble heritage!:heartflower:

Well,in royal and princely terms she was very much a commoner with a dash of German noble blood just through her mother...here is her line from Schenk von Stauffenberg family,family of famous Claus,Count Schenk von Stauffenberg and Andrea's ex-girfriend Caroline,Countess Schenk von Stauffenberg:

Konrad Schenk von Stauffenberg,died in 1361=Adelheid von Ow
I
Elisabeth Schenk von Stauffenberg
I
Adelheid Megenzer von Felldorf
I
Elisabeth von Pleiningen
I
Erhard Faut gennant zum Stock,Rattherr in Studtgart,born in 1450
I
Barbara Faut gennant zum Stock,lived from 1470-1514
I
Elisabeth Stickel,died in 1531
I
Margaretha Hom,died in 1606
I
Christine Spam von Sparr
I
Brigitte Stehlin aus Merklingen,died in 1598
I
Brigitte Aubler,lived from 1584-1644
I
Euphrosyne Leo,lived from 1614-1681
I
Eufrosine Schübel,lived from 1640-1689
I
Johann Christoph Lang,lived from 1673-1720
I
Christine Euphrosine Lang,lived from 1707-1744
I
Prof.Johann Christoph von Maier,lived from 1741-1821
I
Gustav Maier,lived from 1793-1856
I
Johann Christian Karl Maier,lived from 1837-1885
I
Karl Maier,lived from 1863-1922
I
Margaret Maier,born in 1899
I
Grace Patricia Kelly,lived from 1929-1982=Prince Ranier III of Monaco,lived from 1923-1005

So,the von Stauffenbergs and all nobles that have descended from them could today count as Kelly relatives,no matter how distant they are.As we see Grace Patricia Kelly also descended from several other German noble families like von Pleiningen, von Münchingen, Spam von Sparr, von Felldorf, von Ow, von Rath, von Bettendorf , von Nippenburg, von Thierberg and von Salmedingen zu Erpfingen family...

Great! this list could keep us going for months.. - I look forward to it!

How did you find all the info, Marc?

Just going deeper into her ancestry...people often lose their patience and look just for 2-3 past generations and that's it... :)

Lizanne (Kelly) Levine and the son of John B. Kelly II are in this Philadelphia news piece about the death of Prince Raininer. This was probably the last interview with Lizanne Levine, she passed away after Prince Rainier.

YouTube - Philly Relatives remember Prince Rainier

she passed away shortly after Prince Rainier.

"Shortly after" is not not quite correct. Prince Rainier died on April 6,
2005, Lizanne Kelly LeVine on November 24, 2009, that's a difference
or timespan of around 4 1/2 years.

Is the Kelly brick company still in business? Is it still owned by the family? Do any of the family still work for the company?

Is the Kelly brick company still in business? Is it still owned by the family? Do any of the family still work for the company?

John B. Kelly Jr inherited from his father and ran "Kelly for Brickworks", then sold it. I don't think that the company is still operating anymore.

John B. Kelly Jr inherited from his father and ran "Kelly for Brickworks", then sold it. I don't think that the company is still operating anymore.

The address for Kelly For Brickwork was "1720 Cherry Street, Philadelphia, PN". I googled that address and it is no longer there. I am not sure when the business closed though:sad:

I have found the place in where John B. Kelly (Grace´s brother) and his wife lived in the 50s and 60s. It´s located in 2601 Parkway, Philadelphia and now it´s a condonium.

The Mothers of Assumption - the first school of Kelly sisters: Peggy, Gracie and Lizzie.

A view of the school thanks to google map.

Jack Kelly - Grace´s father- statue in Philly

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom