International Circus Festival & New Generation Festival 2012 - 2020, 2023, 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Charlene seems to have abandoned this event for years now biut Albert has always brought the twins. Perhaps they might be there tomorrow.

And who's the other boy that is attending next to Raphael? He clearly is part of the party.

Yesterday, January 23, Prince Albert, Louis, Marie and Camille attended the Fight Aids Cup and the gala afterwards:

** anp gallery 1 ** anp gallery 2 **

The awards show on January 24, normally the most glamorous evening with several members of the family attending, was attended by Louis and Marie only. Prince Albert was tested positive for Covid-19, it was announced, but I guess Princess Stephanie has caught an illness as well, as she was missing the previous days as well.

Prince Charles-Philippe and partner Naomi Kern were seen attending too:

** anp gallery ** legion media gallery **

Last edited:
46th edition: January 19 - 28, 2024

The Circus Festival of Monte-Carlo was founded by Prince Rainier in 1974 and celebrates its 50th anniversary in 2024.

As the festival didn't take place in 1982, 1987, 1991, 2021 and 2022 it will be the 46th edition (and the 11th edition of the New Generation Festival) that will take place from January 19 - 28, 2024.

Princess Stephanie has today given an interview about the anniversary year:

Prince Albert, Princess Charlene, Prince Jacques, Princess Gabriella, Princess Stéphanie, Louis and Camille attended the Circus Parade today, January 13.

Pierre, Beatrice, Stefano and Francesco watched the parade from a window of the Princely Palace:

** Pic ** gettyimages gallery ** gtresnews gallery ** instagram gallery **

Last edited:
In certain pictures Gabriella looks like someone has ticked her off!

Princess Stéphanie attended the traditional photocall prior to the festival today, January 17:

** gettyimages gallery **

Last edited:
I'm very disappointed to see they are still using animals, it's totally unacceptable in this day and age. Hasn't the practice been banned in most European countries?

Camille is the vivid image of her grandmother Grace Kelly.

I'm very disappointed to see they are still using animals, it's totally unacceptable in this day and age. Hasn't the practice been banned in most European countries?
I remember that last year it was a giraffe.:sad:

I think that in Portugal they still use horses...but I never liked circus since I was a child, so I'm not up to date with the rules.

Yes, Toledo. She’s a lucky girl to have the Kelly genes.

Here's an overview by Animal protection organization PETA (black=general ban on animals, blue=ban on certain animal species, orange=EU country without national ban, grey=no national ban).

Show number 2 (Saturday afternoon) was attended by Stephanie, Melanie and Louis today, January 20.

Show number 3 (Saturday evening) was attended by Stephanie, Albert, Louis and Camille:

** gettyimages mixed gallery ** gtresnews gallery **

Last edited:
Here's an overview by Animal protection organization PETA (black=general ban on animals, blue=ban on certain animal species, orange=EU country without national ban, grey=no national ban).

Show number 2 was attended by Stephanie, Melanie and Louis today, January 20:

** gettyimages gallery ** gtresnews gallery **

I have really hated it for years to use animals, especially elephants and tigers in a circus. It would be really a good idea if Stephanie and her family would start some action for abolishing animals in circusses. I am a little bit disappointed that they haven't done this so far.

The last trigger for me was at several visits to Kenya watching some of these animals living in their natural environment, so moving and so beautiful. Ever since then I never would go to a circus and told my children and grandchild about this to make them aware of the cruelty humans inflict on these precious animals.
It is a shame that they are still used in a circus, I am deeply sorry for them.

I have really hated it for years to use animals, especially elephants and tigers in a circus. It would be really a good idea if Stephanie and her family would start some action for abolishing animals in circusses. I am a little bit disappointed that they haven't done this so far.

The last trigger for me was at several visits to Kenya watching some of these animals living in their natural environment, so moving and so beautiful. Ever since then I never would go to a circus and told my children and grandchild about this to make them aware of the cruelty humans inflict on these precious animals.
It is a shame that they are still used in a circus, I am deeply sorry for them.

I totally agree with you, it is unnatural and cruel to force animals to perform tricks. How can anyone with a shred of compassion be entertained by this?

There is no way that Stephanie would support any attempt to abolish the use of animals in the circus. It’s in her DNA and born out of her, and her father’s, long-standing misguided belief (lMO) that because the animals are loved and well kept, they are responding to training which they enjoy and find stimulating.
I am disappointed by how many of the younger members of the family and those who have joined the family through marriage, appear to support the inclusion of animals by their appearance at the festival.

To the animals rights: I wonder, if the animals would be alive, if they were not used for entertainment purposes... Same with the animals some of us eat: Would they have a live, if they were not breeded for it?

It is difficult, right? More living creatures or less, what is the correct way?

To the circus: I do have very magical memories. I do not want to miss them!

Show number 4 this afternoon, January 21, was attended by Princess Stephanie, Prince Albert, Prince Jacques, Princess Gabriella, Louis, Camille, Gareth and Roisin Wittstock and their daughters Kaia Rose and Bodie:

** Pic ** gettyimages gallery **

In the evening the awards were presented:

Last edited:
It remains interesting how somehow Charlene's brother kind of made himself (and his family) part of the Monegasque princely family.

Back
Top Bottom