The International Circus Festival of Monte-Carlo 2004 - 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Albert and Stephaine looks really happy. They look like to kids in a candy store.

You have to remember they had the circus for years. And Charlene just start coming to the circus. So of course she is going to look bore she never went to the circus in SA. In pic six who is Albert staring at it don't look like Charlene. But she can look like she enjoying herself.

It´s the other way round, the ones that have gone to the Circus for years are supposed to be bored, not someone that goes for the first time, what can we expect the next years? She could have pretended unless, but as i have always thought, she´s no material for first lady. Some people are not born for some duties.

Pics 18.1.2008

Princess Stephanie of Monaco poses during the launch of the International Circus
Federation wich will be based in Monaco, 18 January 2008. The main goal of the
Federation is to promote, help and maintain Circus arts and cultures all around the
world. Princess Stephanie will be the honorific President of the future Federation
and Mr. Urs Pilz, E.C.A. (European Circus Association) President, will be the chairman.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

And here are the first pics from tonight, Steph attended the show alone:

Princess Stephanie of Monaco arrives to attend the second day of the
32nd International Circus Festival of Monte Carlo on January 18, 2008 in
Monte Carlo, Monaco

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

I was glad to see Charlene at the opening of the circus festival, however, there is something I am not quite sure how to describe that seems wrong. She looked very pretty and serene, but I couldn't find an expression in her eyes. Stephanie's eyes were so loving when looking at her brother during the applause that Prince Albert received as a welcome. But Charlene, her eyes seem empty and distant, no warmth, but cold as ice. Maybe she is homesick, missing her family and homeland, or upset that she will not be participating in the 2008 olympics. I read that some of you think she seemed bored. I don't think she has the look of boredom. Something deeper. However, she is looking prettier than before, but has an empty and cold look in her eyes. Anybody agree?

It appears to be Charlene he is looking at. She looks unhappy and he looks mad in that photo. I've noticed she doesn't seem to smile a lot lately. Thanks for all the photo's but wish there was more of Stephanie and Albert alone.
She always shows the same expression on her face - no matter what event she's attending or what's going on around her.
She seems to have a very shallow personality - no charsima at all.
Albert is acting like a kid looking for a clone of mum - merry her or let her go - this is an embaressing spectacle.
Monaco will become meaningless with the two of them on top.
Very sad.

Pauline has grown up so much I hardly recognize her .

Oh my god, Pauline look like a grown woman. I didn't even know that was her.

Wow, Pauline has sure grown up! She looks older than 13. But she looks good. So does Stephanie.

I was glad to see Charlene at the opening of the circus festival, however, there is something I am not quite sure how to describe that seems wrong. She looked very pretty and serene, but I couldn't find an expression in her eyes. Stephanie's eyes were so loving when looking at her brother during the applause that Prince Albert received as a welcome. But Charlene, her eyes seem empty and distant, no warmth, but cold as ice. Maybe she is homesick, missing her family and homeland, or upset that she will not be participating in the 2008 olympics. I read that some of you think she seemed bored. I don't think she has the look of boredom. Something deeper. However, she is looking prettier than before, but has an empty and cold look in her eyes. Anybody agree?

I see something, maybe what you have described, but I cannot pinpoint it. I certainly see distance there. Longing? But coldness? No not exactly coldness, I don't think. Just distance. She seemed to be somewhere else.

On the topic of Pauline, all I can say is....... she is looking pretty and grown-up and sophisticated! Yes, indeed, older than 13, and quite different, but of course, she is at that age when girls want to look older. 13-year-old girls see it as high praise if told they look 16, and the highest praise if told 18, but I would say Pauline is looking about 16. The irony of life: Kids wanting to be adults, and adults wanting to be kids again. :angel:

When I look at Charlene at the circus she has the 'deer in the headlights' look. I think she is frightened when she is on display. There's a lot of Charlene hate going on and I'm sure she is picking up on it. I remember reading that there was a lot of mean things said about Grace when she first came to the Principality, so I guess there is a traditional rite of passage.

It's so wonderful to see beautiful Pauline at the festival as well,
I hope Camille will be there at the weekend..
Here are three more pics from yesterday evening, the second
one is great as to the elephant, on the third you can see
Steph and Pauline together again:

** Steph with the clowns ** ..feeding the elephant..**
** Mother and daughter **

Lita has really changed it is no longer a little girl!

It does not recognize almost on the photo, we must say that we very rarely voyaons children stephanie

For me, Charlene looks just very unhappy and therefore distant. As if she was too sad to pretend. In the picture where Albert is looking at him, I thought he looked worried, not mad. Charlene looks like she's holding against tears.

Well, I stand by what I said in the circus thread. She looks to be in another place (mentally).

I don't know how to read Albert at all. All I can say is how amazed I am that he is going to be 50. For one, he does not look quite 50. For another, it seems like yesterday but of course it was a decade past, when he was at the Nagano olympics. Now he is going to be 50, and Charlene 30. People have suggested that as he becomes older, his girlfriends become younger. I might suggest also that he seems such a young 50, either so young for his age or so unwilling to be his age, that it is difficult to imagine him having a serious girlfriend closer to that age.

From these pictures, I'm pretty sure Charlene was ill or sored. Her bearing and expression show that she's definitely not feeling well and not that she's bored or uninterested (obviously, she's not enjoying herself...). It's just my impression...:rolleyes:
I think I read recently that she's injured again, so if true, that could be it.

Pics 19.1.2008

Here are the first pics from the parade today :):

Princess Stephanie of Monaco at the circus parade at the harbour of
Monaco, alongside of the 32nd Monte-Carlo International Circus Festival
in Monaco, Saturday, Jan.19, 2008

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

Stephaine look like little kid. She look really happy. As for Charlene who knows?

If I had to watch performing elephants I wouldn't be smiling:cry: - perhaps Charlene has expressed similar sentiments!

I know how you feel, Elly. I am against use of animals in the circus too. First of all, the practice is to breed animals for the circus, and secondly, the conditions are ideal for the animals. A long time ago, human rights activists declared it a violation to make "freaks" out of humans with deformities or eccentric traits in the circus. But we continue to see animals made to perform this way, for our own stupid enjoyment. It's pointless and cruel, and I wish the Grimaldis would stop condoning it. And breeding for it is just sick, and twisted. And making them travel all over the damn places, in confined spaces. It's like breeding animals for captivity and to lead a life of being a spectacle, for people to laugh at. Humans are so selfish.

I know how you feel, Elly. I am against use of animals in the circus too. First of all, the practice is to breed animals for the circus, and secondly, the conditions are ideal for the animals. A long time ago, human rights activists declared it a violation to make "freaks" out of humans with deformities or eccentric traits in the circus. But we continue to see animals made to perform this way, for our own stupid enjoyment. It's pointless and cruel, and I wish the Grimaldis would stop condoning it. And breeding for it is just sick, and twisted. And making them travel all over the damn places, in confined spaces. It's like breeding animals for captivity and to lead a life of being a spectacle, for people to laugh at. Humans are so selfish.
Not to start anything but look at what we do with cats, dogs and horses for example. We breed them for our pleasure then make them perform tricks and run races. We put them in cages for transporting its all the same thing. It's how the animals are treated that matters.

According to Newscom, Arrival of Princess Caroline, her daughters Princess Charlotte and Princess Alexandra, Princess Stephanie and Prince Ernst August of Hanovre

Pics to small to post I can barley see them myself , If it is true im Shocked and Happy

Last edited:
32nd International Circus Festival of Monte Carlo - Day 3
MONTE CARLO, MONACO - JANUARY 19: Princess Caroline of Hanover arrives to attend the 32rd International Circus Festival of Monte Carlo on January 19, 2008 in Monte Carlo, Monaco. (Photo by Stephane Cardinale-Pool/Getty Images)

*Charlotte* *Caroline* only pics so far

I think charlotte had already worn this coat at the nijinski awards or somewhere... I love it!

Yes she did wear that coat at the Nijinsky Awards...it is a very nice coat!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom