The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #21  
Old 04-08-2005, 06:41 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
Posts: 6,423
Quote:
Originally Posted by machievelli
I have to say that the Grimaldi curse does seem plausible when you think of the many tragedies that have befallen them in the past and what they are going through right now with Rainier's death and Ernst's illness. I think only the Kennedy's have went through more tragedies and scandals.. I think the curse is silly, but it's times like these that makes it seem plausible though.
Yes, but some of the Kennedy´s tragedies were because of major risk-taking. The ski accident, the plane-flying, being a leader of any country is dangerous and being a solidier in a war. All big risks. With the exception of Stefano, you really can´t say that about the Grimaldis. But that being said, first Rainier and now EA. It´s all unfortunate timing.
__________________

__________________
WYAO
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 04-08-2005, 07:35 PM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: , Jamaica
Posts: 13
And now "Mister Peace at War" Prince EU is in the hospital (may God be with him). If you drink too much, you are bound to get sick and sadly that sickness (alcoholism) it is extremely difficult to drop (know because it is in my and friends families). Meanwhile you drink your liver is cooking twice as fast, and your vascular system start to thin out. Now add (I love recipies) smoking, overnighters, maybe a drug or two= you will get sick. And i'm sorry if I'm too pragmatic, but there is fate and the fate you seal by being irresponsible. Still if you know of other ghost stories about this family I will more than happy to enjoy it, but so far nothing than the GF has gone thru sounds like curse to me.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 04-08-2005, 08:01 PM
machievelli's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Belfast, Ireland
Posts: 145
Well said Dennism. I'm not superstitious and believe the curse stuff is silly in reality. But I also can't blame others for being fascinated with it in regards to the Grimaldis and the Kennedy's. These families have lived more colorful, engaging, glamorous, and tragic lives than most Greek tragedies. All of this plays a part in keeping a mystique about the families and keeps people interested in them. Having said all of this it seems that Rainer's death and Ernst's illness is a very bad case of timing. It's sad.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 04-08-2005, 10:42 PM
LadyMacAlpine's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: *****, United States
Posts: 2,281
In my family our first born son's die as babies. Heard it called a curse when I was pregnant. Curses are real. Witches are real. Read this site or type in Wiccan and research it yourself. http://www.religioustolerance.org/witchcr4.htm
There are what's called black witches who cast spells to cause harm. I had a young man in my house hiss when he saw the cross on the wall. When asked why he said his family were Wiccan. I wasn't aware they were around until then.

The Curse of the Grimaldis began they say when Rainier I kidnapped and raped a young woman so the story goes. She was or became a witch the legend goes and prophesied 'Never will a Grimaldi find happiness in marriage.'

Money and power cause many things to occur in marriages and families. Perhaps the reason Rainier's and Grace's marriage lasted was partly due to how she was raised. She came from a different generation and had a lot of faith in herself to have signed an agreement if they divorced the children would stay with Rainier. Its for better or worse. The unhappy marriages is with her daughters.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 04-08-2005, 11:27 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
Posts: 6,423
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropicisland
And now "Mister Peace at War" Prince EU is in the hospital (may God be with him). If you drink too much, you are bound to get sick and sadly that sickness (alcoholism) it is extremely difficult to drop (know because it is in my and friends families). Meanwhile you drink your liver is cooking twice as fast, and your vascular system start to thin out. Now add (I love recipies) smoking, overnighters, maybe a drug or two= you will get sick. And i'm sorry if I'm too pragmatic, but there is fate and the fate you seal by being irresponsible. Still if you know of other ghost stories about this family I will more than happy to enjoy it, but so far nothing than the GF has gone thru sounds like curse to me.
This condition that EA is suffering from. Can it be caused even by moderate drinking?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 04-09-2005, 12:44 AM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: , Jamaica
Posts: 13
Yes and no. A friend of mine just got diagnosed w/ it and she has never drink not even cofee, but she has a liver condition that helped accelerated the issue. On the other side moderate drinking as considered by AA could be 6 to 10 drinks (of hard core, Whiskey or the like) spaced out during 7 days. However if you take 1 drink per day, that's considered alcoholism, because obviously you need "fuel" on daily basis. But the alcohol issue is also compounding, so if you has kept that life style for years and depending of your health and constitution, your body will send you the "bill" and usually that bill gets to you when you have almost destroyed your liver, panchreas, also estomach, veins get very thin, you tend to retain water and the last sign is the mood swings and in some cases violence. It is very hard to deal w/ this kind of sickness and my heart goes out for Caroline, because I have lived it and mine friends also, and it's so sad to see people that know and love become nothing in few years, and things they never though will do themselves, they do and violence, uncontrolable anger, losing it, becomes very common towards the end. So for EA to be in a hospital for that condition indicates that's the situation has gotten grave. Only God and the family of the sick knows how hard it is.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 04-09-2005, 04:00 AM
Tosca's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Somewhere in the middle of the River Po Valley, Italy
Posts: 3,546
Personally I don't believe in curses, although I tried to approach Wicca some time ago, but I didn't find the answers I was looking for in this discipline. By this I don't mean I don't respect those who practice it.

I'm neither a doctor nor a nurse, but I have heard that there are some individuals that are genetically more predisposed than others to develop certain diseases. Some days ago on the TV , I heard an oncology luminary, Prof. Veronesi - our Italian readers know who I'm talking about - say that what it's what we eat and drink, more than pollution, that is responsible for cancer. We should change our food patterns, eat less and take long walks. And most of all quit smoking.

My father was a chain smoker and died of colon cancer at the age of 63, however one of my Mom's friend, who never had smoked, died of the same disease shortly after. But her neighbour, who is in her mid 70's, has always been a chain smoker and is as healthy as a horse.
I guess it's just a matter of luck. The luck of being blessed with the right genes.

Ciao belli


__________________
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 04-09-2005, 11:39 AM
LadyMacAlpine's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: *****, United States
Posts: 2,281
I believe in them having lived with it and the fear if I had a son he would also die. Now that I am ready to take it on it would take a miracle for me to concieve another child or carry it to term. Its my deepest hope that Prince Albert finds happiness in marriage with a woman that has the strengh to take the world on in her marriage because that is what happens everyone jumps in to your life when you are in that position. They will as long as they both ignore the poll ratings and attacks they might get. A loving relationship is built on that love for one another and pleaseing the other is what is important not anothers opinion.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 04-09-2005, 12:41 PM
machievelli's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Belfast, Ireland
Posts: 145
Quote:
This condition that EA is suffering from. Can it be caused even by moderate drinking?
Sometimes it can be caused by moderate drinking if the alcohol consumed is very strong. But mainly serious liver and pancreatic troubles are caused by heavy drinking more than anything else.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 04-09-2005, 01:06 PM
RoseMary's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: , United States
Posts: 150
Exclamation

I believe a family can be cursed. There is 8 generations of witches in my biological family. Most covens sanction witches from cursing people or families but if the back story is true that this "witch" was raped or was promised marriage by a Grimaldi, and the family has done nothing to lift it, it is possible some of the bad events in the family were because of the curse. I am in no way saying that the family is definately cursed, I don't have proof except through the family history.

I for one do not curse people, but every witch and coven is different. Some of the incidents in the family can be accounted for out of sheer stupidity or plain bad luck. Since the family probably won't turn to Wicca for answers if a curse was placed it will stay. A priest can not lift a Wiccan curse!
__________________
If you want something done right, do it yourself.
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 04-09-2005, 03:18 PM
Nathalian's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 357
RoseMary..tell me, if they were really cursed, how they could stop or end with this curse....or, it will be forever? There´s anyway to solve this?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 04-10-2005, 12:41 AM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
Posts: 6,423
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropicisland
Yes and no. A friend of mine just got diagnosed w/ it and she has never drink not even cofee, but she has a liver condition that helped accelerated the issue. On the other side moderate drinking as considered by AA could be 6 to 10 drinks (of hard core, Whiskey or the like) spaced out during 7 days. However if you take 1 drink per day, that's considered alcoholism, because obviously you need "fuel" on daily basis. But the alcohol issue is also compounding, so if you has kept that life style for years and depending of your health and constitution, your body will send you the "bill" and usually that bill gets to you when you have almost destroyed your liver, panchreas, also estomach, veins get very thin, you tend to retain water and the last sign is the mood swings and in some cases violence. It is very hard to deal w/ this kind of sickness and my heart goes out for Caroline, because I have lived it and mine friends also, and it's so sad to see people that know and love become nothing in few years, and things they never though will do themselves, they do and violence, uncontrolable anger, losing it, becomes very common towards the end. So for EA to be in a hospital for that condition indicates that's the situation has gotten grave. Only God and the family of the sick knows how hard it is.
Okay. I wasn´t sure. Don´t know much about medical things. We assume that it was alcohol abuse that lead to this condition for EA but maybe it wasn´t. Maybe it´s a disease that´s in the family.
__________________
WYAO
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 04-10-2005, 04:51 AM
MoonlightRhapsody's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Garden Grove, United States
Posts: 934
Personally, I think that the Grimaldi "curse" is actually a self-fulfilling prophesy. Meaning when you believe something so much, it actually comes true. (I.E. You think you'll fail in an exam, then you will) Maybe their belief that their family is cursed helped the Grimaldi family make terrible decisions. Let's face it, terrible things happen to everyone, but people think that one group is cursed because they see coincidences as a pattern. That's the human psyche, to make sense of random things in life. Unfortuntely, the Grimaldi's might have a too deep-seated belief in this curse so that they actually create their own curse.
__________________
*~* In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock. *~*
*~* Judge not those who try and fail. Judge those who fail to try. *~*
Sweden's Picture of the Month Represenative
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 04-10-2005, 05:38 AM
Grace's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 788
Actually, all the members of the family have declared that they don't believe in the "curse". I think pain and suffering happen in life, to some people less and to some more, and anyone finds his own answer to the question "why did it happen to me?"

Given that Caroline is very religious I don't think she blames maledictions and curses, but I don't know her so this is just my opinion....I just hope she won't have to face another loss!!
kisses
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 04-10-2005, 11:32 PM
Tosca's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Somewhere in the middle of the River Po Valley, Italy
Posts: 3,546
I've heard about another "version" of the Grimaldi curse. The legend has it that a stunning beautiful princess named Charlotte married the prince of Monaco. The lady, though, was rather a dissolute woman, and when she died, her husband ordered her heart to be drawn from her body and to be buried somewhere inside the Palace. The legend goes no woman belonging to the Grimaldi family will be happy in love and marriage until the princesse's heart is found.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 04-10-2005, 11:48 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 2,443
I had never heard that story Tosca :O
__________________
Monaco70s
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 04-11-2005, 12:35 AM
elektraking's Avatar
Gentry
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 53
I agree with you guys. No curse just life. Using the same reasons are Winsors cursed too?
Though I respect prince Rainier III he was pretty old and sick and it was a natural thing that he died. Not a lot of people as long as he did. As far as Prince Ernst August has acute pancreatitis, everybody can get it. It is very dangerous if it breaks you can die, because of the enzymes and toxins that may enter the bloodstream, injuring the heart, lungs, and kidneys, or other organs.
http://digestive.niddk.nih.gov/ddise.../pancreatitis/

http://hellomagazine.com/royalty/200...8/princeernst/
__________________
Men always want to be a woman's first love. Women like to be a man's last romance.
Oscar Wilde
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 04-11-2005, 01:37 AM
AquaMarine's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Almaty, Kazakhstan
Posts: 237
Believe you or not, one curse' story or another, but the reality shows that full personal happiness and peace of mind was not a given to the Grimaldi' family. Dissatisfactions, dosappointments, self-contradictions and ruined dreams, unfortunately, were&are their lot.
A glow of happiness it is the gift of heavens and usually it worked off by all previous generations for future ones.
Have you noticed that well-being and success of some families go from generation to generation? These families have a safe, calm, prosperous and healthy long life. They, their children and their grandchildren - are all happy in the personal and social life, rarely meet serious difficulties and obstacles in the course of life. Their life can be compared with a peaceful spring day in a sunny and blossoming valley.
I beleive that any our actions create our future and future of our children and grandchildren. And plus we all take the blame of our forefathers on ourselves. Our success or lack of success depends on many things not only on our attempts and dreams. There is a "principle of boomerang" when everythng back to us, sooner or later: bad or good word, malice or kindness, meanness or generousity - everyting will back! Kindness is always paying and look like as investment in our future...
...There are a lot of thoughts come to my mind when I am looking at the Grimaldi' family...
__________________
"Sometimes we should leave it to God"
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 04-11-2005, 10:31 AM
Tosca's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Somewhere in the middle of the River Po Valley, Italy
Posts: 3,546
Quote:
Originally Posted by monaco70s
I had never heard that story Tosca :O
That is to demonstrate that no curse has to do anything with the Grimaldi saga.
Usually noble families are said to have their castles or mansions haunted.
For example there is a castle in a small town nearby, which is still inhabited by a prince, whose family is even older than that of the Grimaldis, and which is said to be haunted, but the ghost that "lives" there is quite a strange one. It's the jealous ghost of a lady, the prince's ancestor, who smacks every single woman, who stay the night inside the castle. So the prince says, that the reason why he's never married!

I think that it's EA who cursed himself by his behaviour. Now that he's out of danger, let's hope he'll respect his body.
Were EA still married to Chantal, nobody would have taken his illness into account, and nobody would have talked about any curse, because almost nobody would know who he is.
Pain, sorrow, happiness, joy, illness and death are just part of life. Being rich and famous doesn't make you immune from problems. Although crying in a Ferrari is far better than crying in a FIAT Panda!LOL!

Stay quiet and don't think of witches. When you have a health problem go to the doctor's!

Ciao belli.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 04-11-2005, 12:10 PM
LadyMacAlpine's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: *****, United States
Posts: 2,281
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tosca
That is to demonstrate that no curse has to do anything with the Grimaldi saga.
Usually noble families are said to have their castles or mansions haunted.
For example there is a castle in a small town nearby, which is still inhabited by a prince, whose family is even older than that of the Grimaldis, and which is said to be haunted, but the ghost that "lives" there is quite a strange one. It's the jealous ghost of a lady, the prince's ancestor, who smacks every single woman, who stay the night inside the castle. So the prince says, that the reason why he's never married!

I think that it's EA who cursed himself by his behaviour. Now that he's out of danger, let's hope he'll respect his body.
Were EA still married to Chantal, nobody would have taken his illness into account, and nobody would have talked about any curse, because almost nobody would know who he is.
Pain, sorrow, happiness, joy, illness and death are just part of life. Being rich and famous doesn't make you immune from problems. Although crying in a Ferrari is far better than crying in a FIAT Panda!LOL!

Stay quiet and don't think of witches. When you have a health problem go to the doctor's!

Ciao belli.
So you made the whole story up. Ernst has a health problem. Rainier death was a normal part of life when we age. Princess Grace died basically from not haveing the right care so I wasn't surprised to hear the children told Doctors to do all they could for their father. If she had been given the proper meds to control her blood pressure and symptoms of menopause not to mention worn a seat belt she wouldn't have died in the accident.

Unhappiness in marriage is saddness in your marriage. Not getting along. Cheating, abuse which comes in different forms etc. Sickness is normal.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Additional Links
Popular Tags
birth charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events fashion grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta elena infanta sofia jordan kate middleton king abdullah ii king albert ii king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg olympics ottoman picture of the month poland pom prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince felipe prince floris prince laurent prince pieter-christiaan princess princess alexia (2005 -) princess anita princess ariane princess beatrix princess catharina-amalia princess charlene princess claire princess haya princess laurentien princess letizia princess mabel princess madeleine princess margriet princess marie princess mary queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen paola queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal russia spain state visit wedding william


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

RV & Travel Trailer Communities

Our RV & Travel Trailer sites encompasses virtually all types of Recreational Vehicles, from brand-specific to general RV communities.

» More about our RV Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002-2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:09 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]