The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco
Click Here to Login

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-03-2016, 04:15 AM
Administrator

The 40th International Circus Festival of Monte-Carlo &"New Generation" Festival 2016

This is the thread dedicated to the 40th International Circus Festival of Monte-Carlo
that takes place from January 14th - January 24th, 2016 at the Chapiteau de Fontvieille in Monaco!

This is the new colourful 2016 flyer/poster!

Following the Circus Festival there will be the fifth edition of the Festival "New Generation",
a competition for young circus artists. The winners will be awarded with the "Gold Junior", "Silver Junior"
and the "Bronze Junior" referring to the awards given at the original festival.

Princess Stephanie will act as President, Pauline Ducruet will be the President of the Jury.

The Festival "New Generation" will take place on January 30th and January 31st, 2016.

Here's the official 2016 flyer/poster!

More information can be found at the official website montecarlofestival.mc !

And please take a look at the TRF Community Rules & FAQs

· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

Old 01-12-2016, 02:18 PM
Aristocracy

Princess Stephanie launches the 40th edition of the Monte Carlo Circus Festival.

Old 01-13-2016, 03:42 AM
Administrator

Here are some more pics of yesterday's launch

- I'm looking forward to many more colourful photos of this year's jubilee festival!

** gettyimages gallery **
Old 01-13-2016, 04:12 AM
Aristocracy

Princess Stephanie of Monaco is the main attraction as she poses with flying acrobats and elephants at the 40th International Circus Festival

Stephanie launches the 40th International Circus Festival in Monte Carlo
Old 01-13-2016, 07:47 AM
Majesty

That's great! I also hope Albert and Charlene will attend the opening or the closure of the festival!
Old 01-14-2016, 03:31 AM
Administrator

I'm sure they will! I can't imagine seeing the twins at this year's festival, but maybe they'll attend next year, that woud be really nice and cute to see!

** pm gallery: La princesse va revivre sa passion du cirque **

** pp: Stéphanie de Monaco : Elle frissonne d'avance pour un anniversaire magique **
Old 01-14-2016, 08:28 AM
Heir Apparent

I have a general question about the Circus. Our Barnum and Bailey Circus is retiring their elephant performers this Spring after years of complaints about animal abuse. I don't want to drag us into a side conversation HERE about animal abuse, but do wonder about European attitudes toward animal performers in circuses, this one in particular. Anyone have any comment? And Mods. feel free to move/stop the discussion if we go way off track here. Thanks.
Old 01-14-2016, 10:57 AM
Administrator

I remember we've once had a similar discussion in one of the previous Circus Festival threads. As it's an interesting topic, I suggest to open an extra thread at the General Discussion and Games-subforum
Old 01-14-2016, 02:07 PM
Aristocracy

Princess Stephanie - I had to continue the work of my father

JE ME DEVAIS DE CONTINUER L'ŒUVRE DE MON PÈRE"
Old 01-15-2016, 01:49 AM
Administrator

Mother and daughter opened the Circus Festival yesterday evening, January 14!

Lovely pics of the smiling duo

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery: 40th International Circus Festival : Day one in Monaco **

** pp gallery: Stéphanie de Monaco: Réunie avec Pauline, bien bronzée, et la mémoire de Rainier **
Old 01-15-2016, 03:17 AM
Courtier

P Stephanie has been looking really good lately. Different hairstyle and more make up? Nice to see her looking well. And Pauline is fast becoming my favourite amongst the younger set. I like to see her so involved in the Circus Festival and in Monaco in general.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community
Old 01-15-2016, 05:10 AM
Aristocracy

When the circus comes to town

themalaymailonline.com
Old 01-15-2016, 04:48 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

I'm sure they will! I can't imagine seeing the twins at this year's festival, but maybe they'll attend next year, that woud be really nice and cute to see!
Well it is of course too early to see the twins now and I don't think it would be very reasonable for one-year toddlers to attend the circus. Plus we have already seen plenty of them
Can't wait for Albert and Charlene though!
Old 01-16-2016, 02:09 AM
Administrator

At least for a few times Caroline has taken her children as babies and toddlers to the circus festival back in the 1980s, these were my favourite circus pics back then..

The second show yesterday, January 15, was attended by Stephanie and all her children including Louis' girlfriend:

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery: 40th International Circus Festival: Day Two in Monaco **
Old 01-16-2016, 05:41 AM
Nobility

Since Stephanie has had her fringe it makes her look 20 years younger love it !!
Old 01-16-2016, 05:52 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by debrann View Post
Since Stephanie has had her fringe it makes her look 20 years younger love it !!
Agree. She is lovely.
Old 01-16-2016, 06:01 AM
Heir Apparent

Marty91charmed, the palace said that Albert, Charlene and the twins are in holidays in the Maldives, it is why Albert and Charlene did not attend the first evenings of the festival, they will be surely there for the gala on january 19th , the couple must visit the pope next monday at the Vatican

Iceflower, I liked when Caroline and Stéphanie brought their children but they were a little more aged, the gala is too long for children who are one year old

I like the fringe of stephanie, the girlfriend of Louis is beautiful.
Old 01-16-2016, 07:40 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by melina premiere View Post
Marty91charmed, the palace said that Albert, Charlene and the twins are in holidays in the Maldives, it is why Albert and Charlene did not attend the first evenings of the festival, they will be surely there for the gala on january 19th , the couple must visit the pope next monday at the Vatican

i didn't know they were on holiday at the Maldives! Anyway, there are still many nights of the circus that they can attend and the gala night is surely the most important one

Quote:

At least for a few times Caroline has taken her children as babies and toddlers to the circus festival back in the 1980s, these were my favourite circus pics back then..

I know, but I still think it is too early and the show must be very long for them. Perhaps next year
Old 01-16-2016, 08:29 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

I remember we've once had a similar discussion in one of the previous Circus Festival threads. As it's an interesting topic, I suggest to open an extra thread at the General Discussion and Games-subforum
Thanks - I'll go and find the past discussion.
Old 01-16-2016, 02:28 PM
Nobility

Steph's recent and obvious eye surgery has indeed made her look much younger, without going to extremes. An old fan like me cannot miss such a change to her beautiful face. It's still beautiful and natural.

Her haircut is also cute and I love her nice smile. Glad to see her children (and children's girlfriend) by her side, supporting her too. :-)

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app