The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-19-2012, 11:56 AM
Courtier

I am really looking forward to seeing all the pictures from the Circus Festival. Prior to joining this forum I would have seen very little.

Obviously I knew of Stephanie's great love for the circus, her time spent with that artistic community and so on. However, I hadn't realised that she inherited that love from Prince Rainier who, being passionate about the circus, set up the festival in 1974.

And now it seems that that passion has been passed on to Pauline.

How truly wonderful. !!

Old 01-19-2012, 01:53 PM
Courtier

I guess we will not only see pictures but also live pictures at monaco.info.

Old 01-19-2012, 01:57 PM
Courtier

Aww I love the pics of Stephanie and Pauline with the trophies. Pauline is really growing up fast.
Old 01-19-2012, 04:30 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

The festival has begun - here are the first pics of day 1 - January 19!

Princess Stephanie, Prince Albert, Princess Charlene, Pauline and Camille attended the first show this evening!

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 ** Pic 7 ** Pic 8 **

** gettyimages gallery: MCO: Opening Ceremony - Monte-Carlo 36th International Circus Festival **
Old 01-19-2012, 04:55 PM
Nobility

Love,love Pauline Ducruet..so refreshingly beautiful,lovely legs! looking forward to seeing more pictures of her.

Thanks Icy for doing such a wonderful job,updating and all!
Old 01-19-2012, 05:14 PM
Commoner

I love pauline's hair!!!
I mean that new hair cut makes her so much lovely, young and beautiful!!! What about the dress?? Good choice, just marvelous!!!!

Thanks ice, you great (as usual)
Old 01-19-2012, 05:19 PM
Nobility

Wow, I love her new haircut and she has style. She is just gorgeous here.
Léonard de Vinci
Old 01-19-2012, 05:20 PM
Serene Highness

For someone who cares so much about nature and the planet I don't know how PA can support any kind of circus show that involves wild animals being forced to perform unnatural and humiliating tricks. It's all so wrong and out of date that I can't believe such a famous family would associate itself with this.
Old 01-19-2012, 05:23 PM
Nobility

You've made a very good point,Angela :)
Old 01-19-2012, 05:43 PM
Commoner

I'm sorry but people should be more worried about the animals that are been kill every single day because of us in the wild.
I mean this animals are not "wild" they have been in captivity for generations...at least they have someone who cares about them and treat them well (obviously there are exceptions but what can we do? we can't know everthing...).
The way I see it we should be more worried about the real wild animals and protect their territory and environment, and see the circus as a way of education about the respect, care and love for animals among other stuff of course.
Old 01-19-2012, 06:27 PM
Courtier

Going a little bit off topic but, as wild animals have been mentioned, I'm wondering as to whether or not Albert's plan for a children's zoo has come to fruition. ?

He had been gradually releasing back into the wild the animals from the zoo which had been founded by Prince Rainier. But he had planned to have in its place a children's zoo.
Old 01-19-2012, 07:10 PM
Courtier

MY God! Stephanie has aged!!! She looks so old compared to last years pics. The 1st pics of her with her hair pulled back really show how much she has aged. the pics with her and her daughter holding the trophies are much better, but still do not show her in a flattering way.
I also find that her daughter sometimes resembels the Duchess of Cambridge. She is a very beautiful girl. Does anyone know how old Pauline is? I hope her daughter(s) see what smoking and tanning can do to the skin.
I know, I know, this is brought up with every pic that is posted of Stephanie. I just had not seen any in a very long time and was very shocked when I stumbled upon them!!! Sorry for bringing it up. She is still beautiful for her age. she just looks way older than she should. And I love that she participates in this annual circus thing every year with out fail.
Old 01-19-2012, 07:23 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by sesa View Post
MY God! Stephanie has aged!!! She looks so old compared to last years pics. The 1st pics of her with her hair pulled back really show how much she has aged. the pics with her and her daughter holding the trophies are much better, but still do not show her in a flattering way.
I also find that her daughter sometimes resembels the Duchess of Cambridge. She is a very beautiful girl. Does anyone know how old Pauline is? I hope her daughter(s) see what smoking and tanning can do to the skin.
I know, I know, this is brought up with every pic that is posted of Stephanie. I just had not seen any in a very long time and was very shocked when I stumbled upon them!!! Sorry for bringing it up. She is still beautiful for her age. she just looks way older than she should. And I love that she participates in this annual circus thing every year with out fail.
Pauline is 17
Léonard de Vinci
Old 01-19-2012, 07:25 PM
Serene Highness

In my previous post I think that in using the word "wild" I skewed my point. What I mean is that animals such as lions were not meant by nature to perform the kind of tricks they are made to do in these shows. Circuses like this can never be educational with regards to the animals involved and even if they are treated well their lives are pitiful. I am surprised the Grimaldi family can't see these obvious facts but I hope in the future this festival can go ahead without this very distateful element being included.
Old 01-19-2012, 07:44 PM
Commoner

Well angela like I said, these animals have been in captivity for a long time...they don't know another way of life so I don't believe that their lives are "pitiful" at all. But anyways this discussion about the animals and what it should be right/ wrong, correct/incorrect, educational or not its just a matter of perspective. Of course that we all would like to live in a fair and happy world where everybody as is place...sense that can't happen let's just respect what we have and try to make it good for all sides which is after all the purpose of the circus. =)
Old 01-19-2012, 09:04 PM
Serene Highness

Don't get me wrong louine I am a big fan of PA and his new wife but I just can't fathom their support for this kind of entertainment. I don't adhere to the argument that an animal hasn't had any other way of life thus it's O.K. to let it be in a circus. I say, let this animal exist in the most natural stress free enviroment possible ie one that dosn't involve an "entertainer" forcing it's (a lion's) mouth open and sticking his head in, which is what I saw when looking at the official site of this event. This is abuse of a living creature.

http://www.captiveanimals.org/our-work/circuses
Old 01-19-2012, 09:43 PM
Commoner

Yes of course, I understand your position and obviously that , like i said we would be great if everyone as is place but the world that we live in thus not quite fit with our wishes.
So what i'm saying is that altought probably it is not for this that they exist the evolution of several cultures led to this and we also should respect there's perspectives and traditions about the subject and understand this kind of entertainment and try not to be so extreme about it. The circus is more than this in ourdays.
"This is abuse of a living creature." this sentence for me doesn't apply to the animals of the circus (like I posted before there are exceptions of course) instead I apply to those creatures who are true wild animals and are been constantly push away for their natural habitat or kill for the mankind pleasure. But above all this is just interpretations and we should respect them all
Old 01-19-2012, 09:57 PM
Courtier

I think all four ladies look lovely. And I love your blog about Pauline titiromi!
Old 01-19-2012, 10:03 PM
Serene Highness

As a UK citizen and a great fan of the Monaco Royal Family I beg them to reconsider their patronage of an event that is an affront to the dignity of the poor animals that are on parade during this circus festival. Many western European countries, including my own, have a ban on circuses that involve animals, please sign up to this Monaco and stop the cruelty.
Old 01-20-2012, 03:20 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

It's a dilemma for sure and the discussion about it comes up in our circus threads for some years now,
for the circus owners the wild animals are an attraction for the public that helps them earn their living
and they claim the animals were treated well, for all animal welfarist it's a cruelty to animals nevertheless.
We can't solve that problem here..

Back to the colourful pictures, here are some without watermarks:

** gettyimages/zimbio: Opening Ceremony - Monte-Carlo 36th International Circus Festival **

** reuters/gettyimages/daylife gallery ** lehtikuva.fi gallery **

** hola: Alberto y Charlene de Mónaco y la princesa Estefanía con sus hijas inauguran la 36ª edición.. **

** hellomagazine: Family fun for Charlene and Albert on circus outing ** wenn gallery **

** BB gallery: Charlene og Albert cirkusfestival ** svenskdam.se: Spektakulär cirkus i furstendömet Monaco **

** purepeople: La princesse Stéphanie, ses filles, Albert et Charlene ravis sous le chapiteau **