The International Circus Festival of Monte-Carlo 2004 - 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Today the annual presentation for the press has taken place!

On Thursday the festival will start!

Princess Stephanie visited trainer Flavio Togni and elephants from the American Circus troupe
ahead of the 35th edition of the Monte-Carlo International Circus Festival on January 18, 2011
in Monte-Carlo, Monaco.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** zimbio/gettyimages gallery **

Another article about the circus festival:

** Stéphanie de Monaco: "Les animaux du cirque sont des artistes" ** translation **

And here are the first pics of day 1!

Princess Stephanie, Prince Albert and Pauline Ducruet attending the opening ceremony of
the Monte-Carlo 35th International Circus Festival 2011 on January 20, 2011 in Monaco.

** Pic ** gettyimages gallery ** daylife **

** zimbio: Monte-Carlo 35th International Circus Festival 2011 - January 20, 2011 **

** Hola: La princesa Estefanía y su hija Paulina, dos bellezas que comparten su pasión por el circo **

** Purepeople: Stéphanie de Monaco et sa Pauline : Un ravissant duo mère-fille au cirque ! **

And here are some funny pics of the rehearsal:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Last edited:

Pics of day 2! Once again with Princess Stephanie, Prince Albert and Pauline, very nice to see!

Princess Stephanie, Prince Albert II and Pauline Ducruet attend the Monte-Carlo 35th International
Circus Festival 2011 on January 21, 2011 in Monte-Carlo, Monaco.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** gettyimages gallery ** daylife **

** zimbio: Monte-Carlo 35th International Circus Festival 2011, January 21, 2011 **

** purepeople: Albert et Stéphanie de Monaco : Très complices devant un show captivant ! **

Last edited:
Thank you for the pictures!
Pauline looks so much Caroline. Didn't see that before.

This year´s shawls in royal blue are very beautiful, too. Compliment!

Day 3 has started with the parade through Monaco in the afternoon!

Princess Stephanie and Prince Albert attended, Stephane Bern has been invited as guest.

** Pic ** gettyimages gallery ** daylife **

** Monte-Carlo 35th International Circus Festival 2011 - January 22, 2011 **

Update: The galleries from today get updated with the pics from the evening show!

Besides Princess Stephanie Pierre Casiraghi with girlfriend Beatrice and Princess Alexandra attended!

Here's one example - for more see the galleries above!

Last edited:
Wow...Beatrice was there? That's interesting. Her outfit looks very chic. And Alex looks so grown up!

Yeah everyone looks nice and happy. I'm curious though, what did Stephanie feed the elephants? :D This is the first year, I think, that the scarves are blue. In Rainier's time, they were always the national colors and then since 2006 they seemed to be always yellow and white. Now blue, I suppose to distinguish the 35th year?

Who is the little boy? Is he one of Christian de Massy's boys? And I think Marco Casiraghi was there?

Wow is Pauline beautiful, it is nice being able to see more of her. Hopefully we will see more pics of her and Princess Alexandra

I like seeing Stephanie, i miss her on the spotlight. The same goes for her children.
But i hate seeing those animals on the circuses. Not a pleasant thing to watch.

Day 4 - the Sunday afternoon show

Princess Stephanie, Princess Alexandra and Stephane Bern pose with clowns as
they attend the 35th Monte-Carlo International Circus Festival on January 23,
2011 in Monte-Carlo, Monaco.

Wonderful to see Alexandra again, she seems to love the circus :)

** zimbio: Monte-Carlo 35th International Circus Festival 2011 - January 23, 2011 **

** daylife **

** Alexandra de Hanovre, Stéphane Bern et Stéphanie de Monaco au 35e festival international du...**

Last edited:
I like seeing Stephanie, i miss her on the spotlight. The same goes for her children.
But i hate seeing those animals on the circuses. Not a pleasant thing to watch.

Yeah, I know, sometimes it really is kind of unsettling, like the acts involving fire. But I like what Stephanie told Nice Matin. She said that they treat the animals extremely well (and I really trust Stephanie because she strikes me as an honest person) and also she made an interesting comment. She said that circus animals are treated better than horses in the equestrian sports. I wonder how Charlotte would feel about that comment. But I can't help feel that Stephanie is right! I think the jumping horses have a hard life, especially when they are old. Anyway, these are all nice pictures. Alexandra is prettier every time we see her. Her hair is so long and lovely. She has the aura of elegance just like her mother. Alexandra has better posture than Charlotte. But I think Charlotte's posture issues may be from horse riding.

She said some riding stables, not all riding stables. But I wonder if that wasn't meant to be a slap at Charlotte. I hope not.

Yeah, I know, sometimes it really is kind of unsettling, like the acts involving fire. But I like what Stephanie told Nice Matin. She said that they treat the animals extremely well (and I really trust Stephanie because she strikes me as an honest person) and also she made an interesting comment. She said that circus animals are treated better than horses in the equestrian sports. I wonder how Charlotte would feel about that comment. But I can't help feel that Stephanie is right! I think the jumping horses have a hard life, especially when they are old. Anyway, these are all nice pictures. Alexandra is prettier every time we see her. Her hair is so long and lovely. She has the aura of elegance just like her mother. Alexandra has better posture than Charlotte. But I think Charlotte's posture issues may be from horse riding.

I found Stephanie's comment to Nice Matin, "The animals of the circus are treated as artists in their own right" as truly preposterous. Scientists have proven animals have deep family bonds and to take elephants out of their natural environment to sit in chairs in a huge arena with gobs of people is a terrible thing.

Stephanie is justifying her decision to not take animals out the circus. It's not based on true knowledge. She might seem honest to you but she doesn't seem very smart to me in this case.

I second this:previous: and also, regardless of what she said, I doubt it was a dig at Charlotte. That's her niece. If it was a dig,then that's pretty childish, but seriously don't Char & Steph adore each other?

No, I never meant to imply it was a "dig" at Charlotte. I just agree with Steph, that's all. I think in general circus and zoo animals are treated better than in some equestrian sports. This is not an uncommon view either. But it is a controversial topic, so perhaps is not good to prolong the discussion. At least not here. I think there are thread for animal welfare/rights discussions in ? Members' Corner.

I am surprised that the newest pics of Pierre and Beatrice at the palace watching the after-parade spectacles were not posted yet. There are newest pictures @ Pure People, at hola.com and also in Terra Corazon. Also, the TRF blog is updated with an article from me on the circus event. :flowers:

I think there are thread for animal welfare/rights discussions in ? Members' Corner.

:previous:

** Animal Rights Discussion Part 2 ** This may be a thread for the discussion.

I am surprised that the newest pics of Pierre and Beatrice at the palace watching the after-parade spectacles were not posted yet. There are newest pictures @ Pure People, at hola.com and also in Terra Corazon. Also, the TRF blog is updated with an article from me on the circus event. :flowers:

The Hola pics have been posted on the previous page of this thread :)
And the purepeople pics (in case you are referring to this link) are basically the same as the ones gettyimages had.

What I hadn't seen so far, have been more pics of the parade including Alexandra:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 **

Day 6 - the awards gala

Here are the first pics: Princess Stephanie, Prince Albert, Pauline Ducruet and
Charlene Wittstock attending the awards gala on January 25, 2011.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** belga gallery **

And some more without watermarks - Charlene got flowers for her birthday and handed
out an award for the first time.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** daylife gallery **

Pics from all days (including a reception on Monday) can also be found on the official site:

** Le 35e Festival – jour par jour **

And here's a gallery from purepeople:

** Charlene, Albert, Stéphanie et sa fille Pauline au 35e festival international du cirque de...**

Last edited:
Charlène really beautiful, long hair suits her better I think !

Please note that several speculative posts about Charlene and plastic surgery have been deleted.

Any and all additional posts will be deleted without notice as well.

What I had still missed, had been pics of the traditional circus soccer match,
here are some at last:

Princess Stephanie attending the Circus Festival traditional football party at
Cap d'ail Stadium, Monaco, January 24, 2011.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Charlene is very beautiful at this gala, I like when she wears her hair like this, and she was very smiling like Prince Albert who was very pleased to have Charlene near him.I know I belong to her sugar suport and I cannot be impartial.I found Pauline very beautiful , she is as pretty as Charlotte and I was very pleased to see her with her mother which I like and admire for her work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom