The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco

Join The Royal Forums Today
View Poll Results: Caroline or Stephanie?
Caroline 49 52.69%
Stephanie 30 32.26%
No preference - I like them both equally 14 15.05%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #61  
Old 08-26-2005, 12:11 PM
Grace's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 788
You know, it is difficult to notice it, but sometimes their resemblance is striking...they have something very similar, particularly in the expressions of the face (that they got from Grace)!

I first noticed the resemblance because sometimes, looking at magazine covers upside down or by far, I thought I was looking at one of the two while in reality it was a pic of the other...

They are two very beautiful women anyway...

Kisses
__________________

__________________
  #62  
Old 08-26-2005, 12:21 PM
michelle's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: ***, Germany
Posts: 2,687
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace
You know, it is difficult to notice it, but sometimes their resemblance is striking...they have something very similar, particularly in the expressions of the face (that they got from Grace)!

I first noticed the resemblance because sometimes, looking at magazine covers upside down or by far, I thought I was looking at one of the two while in reality it was a pic of the other...

They are two very beautiful women anyway...

Kisses
Same here...this happens a lot :)
__________________

__________________
.... and so I thank you, Michael ...
  #63  
Old 08-26-2005, 12:39 PM
michelle's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: ***, Germany
Posts: 2,687
Here some pictures of the horse riding event I was talking about in 2000

(photos by Paris press)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fontainebleau.1.JPG
Views:	75
Size:	32.4 KB
ID:	185311   Click image for larger version

Name:	fontainebleau.2.JPG
Views:	108
Size:	24.9 KB
ID:	185312   Click image for larger version

Name:	fontainebleau.3.JPG
Views:	70
Size:	25.7 KB
ID:	185313   Click image for larger version

Name:	fontainebleau.4.JPG
Views:	68
Size:	30.6 KB
ID:	185314  

__________________
.... and so I thank you, Michael ...
  #64  
Old 08-26-2005, 01:09 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 549
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace
...So wild years or not, I still think that Caro is one of the classiest women in the world (and yes, the sisters have more in common than most people tend to think) Kisses
I hope you don't think that women who dress classy are infact classy women. Tell me what makes you think Caroline is one of the classiest women in the world?
__________________
  #65  
Old 08-26-2005, 01:14 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 549
Question: Is it classy for a woman, or should I say princess, to get pregnant for a man she's only known for about 3 to 4 months? Is it classy for a woman to have an affair with her bestfriend's husband?


Classy Caroline met Stefano Casiraghi summer of 1983 and by autumn of 1983 she was pregnant. In winter of 1983 they were married in a civil ceremony. By summer of 1984, they celebrated the birth of their first child, Andrea Albert Pierre.

Classy Caroline was friends with Prince Ernst-August and his wife Chantal Hochuli. Around 1996, Caroline began an affair with Prince Ernst-August. By autumn of 1997, he was divorced from his wife. In autumn of 1998, Caroline became pregnant. In winter of 1999, Caroline and Prince Ernst-August were married in a civil ceremony. By summer of 1999, they celebrated the birth of their first child together, Alexandra Charlotte Ulrike Maryam Virginia.
__________________
  #66  
Old 08-26-2005, 01:18 PM
michelle's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: ***, Germany
Posts: 2,687
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest2003
Question: Is it classy for a woman, or should I say princess, to get pregnant for a man she's only known for about 4 to 5 months? Is it classy for a woman to have an affair with her bestfriend's husband?
It's human...and thus classy. She just follows her heart...and that's a real force...in my opinion.
__________________
.... and so I thank you, Michael ...
  #67  
Old 08-26-2005, 01:35 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 549
Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle
It's human...and thus classy. She just follows her heart...and that's a real force...in my opinion.
You're saying that it's classy to sleep with a man you barely know, get pregnant, then be forced to marry him before the child is born?
__________________
  #68  
Old 08-26-2005, 02:18 PM
Grace's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 788
I think sleeping or not with a man has little to do with having class, it's a moral judgement which I tend not to give unless I know really well the person in question, his/her feelings or motivations. I don't judge people according to how much time they wait before having sex...

Just for the record, if I'm not mistaken Stefano and Caroline met in 1982, not 1983, had a brief relationship and met again in 1983 when they got together for good.
Ernst and Caro started dating in 1995 (or 1994, I'm not sure) and (I'm not justifying him or her, believe me) Ernst and Chantal were already separated (not according to the law but they were not living together), or at least that's what she said in a brief interview back then...I really think cheating is completely wrong, but I won't judge a person until I know the facts first hand and not reported by the press...

As for Caroline being classy, it's hard to define, I like her attitude, her choices, her sense of duty and the strengh and quiteness with which she went through humiliations (Junot) and tragedies. I admire her for this.

Kisses
__________________
  #69  
Old 08-26-2005, 04:07 PM
sebastian's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: ---, Germany
Posts: 1,591
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace
I think sleeping or not with a man has little to do with having class, it's a moral judgement which I tend not to give unless I know really well the person in question, his/her feelings or motivations. I don't judge people according to how much time they wait before having sex...

Just for the record, if I'm not mistaken Stefano and Caroline met in 1982, not 1983, had a brief relationship and met again in 1983 when they got together for good.
Ernst and Caro started dating in 1995 (or 1994, I'm not sure) and (I'm not justifying him or her, believe me) Ernst and Chantal were already separated (not according to the law but they were not living together), or at least that's what she said in a brief interview back then...I really think cheating is completely wrong, but I won't judge a person until I know the facts first hand and not reported by the press...

As for Caroline being classy, it's hard to define, I like her attitude, her choices, her sense of duty and the strengh and quiteness with which she went through humiliations (Junot) and tragedies. I admire her for this.

Kisses
I agree with you Grace, just like my sister.

People tend to think they should give Caroline and especially Stephanie a bad reputation when they act the way most women do. Having children out od wedlock, taking a topless sunbath, having little silly loveaffairs, making mistakes and wrong choices - all of this belongs to peoples lives and others shouldn't make them look irresponsable when they have those things included in their lives. It's just human and only because Caroline and Stephanie are princesses this doesn't mean they always act beyond the natural. What kind of persons would they be if they did everything moraly correct and perfectly. This will never happen. You'll never find such people.
Caro and steph are made of flesh and blood just like anyone else - they have hearts which they were tought to follow. They do whatever they think is right - right for themselves, their family and loved ones and ight fo the maximum of people around. They can't be appealing to everyone. They can just try. They don't hurt anyone... and they never did , at least not on perpuse - and this is already a lot.
__________________
  #70  
Old 08-26-2005, 04:18 PM
sebastian's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: ---, Germany
Posts: 1,591
Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle
Don't remenber really...I guess it was my two brothers who played with Andrea first and then Steph, Caro and I jumped in. I was in a team with Steph and Andrea, my brothers played with Caro ...if I remember correctly.
Correct :) you lost :p Caro, Chubby and I won :p
__________________
  #71  
Old 08-26-2005, 06:08 PM
Grace's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 788
Sebastian thank you for your answer (and again thanks to Michelle)...I really enjoy your posts.
Do you remember more or less when did this great volleyball match take place? BTW, I imagine you were already on speaking terms with them, or do they usually approach people they don't know personally in Monaco?

Kisses
__________________
  #72  
Old 08-26-2005, 06:58 PM
sebastian's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: ---, Germany
Posts: 1,591
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace
Sebastian thank you for your answer (and again thanks to Michelle)...I really enjoy your posts.
Do you remember more or less when did this great volleyball match take place? BTW, I imagine you were already on speaking terms with them, or do they usually approach people they don't know personally in Monaco?

Kisses
It must have been in 1993. I was 10, Andrea was 9, My brother was 7 and my sister 12. We were at the beach in Monaco and we played and Andrea was there too so he played with us. It satrted like this, the girls joined us later. :)
__________________
  #73  
Old 08-26-2005, 07:22 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 303
Does anybody know how long Stephanie stayed with Caroline and the kids for? That in itself should prove to everyone how much they love eachother!!!
__________________
  #74  
Old 08-26-2005, 07:33 PM
sebastian's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: ---, Germany
Posts: 1,591
Quote:
Originally Posted by budge9
Does anybody know how long Stephanie stayed with Caroline and the kids for? That in itself should prove to everyone how much they love eachother!!!
When? After Stefano died?
A few weeks I guess, two or three months.
__________________
  #75  
Old 08-27-2005, 07:22 AM
sebastian's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: ---, Germany
Posts: 1,591
Two beautiful sisters...

H.R.H. Princess Caroline of Hanover
H.S.H. Princess Stephanie of Monaco

(pesonal pictures Paris Press)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Caro.JPG
Views:	73
Size:	33.1 KB
ID:	185993   Click image for larger version

Name:	Steph.JPG
Views:	56
Size:	26.1 KB
ID:	185994  
__________________
  #76  
Old 08-27-2005, 05:25 PM
michelle's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: ***, Germany
Posts: 2,687
Steph and Caro...all smiles :)

(scanned)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	les soeurs.JPG
Views:	61
Size:	66.3 KB
ID:	186254  
__________________
.... and so I thank you, Michael ...
  #77  
Old 08-27-2005, 05:39 PM
photofan's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: caracas, Venezuela
Posts: 732
that one is so lovely and sweet!

thanks Michelle! :)
  #78  
Old 08-28-2005, 11:41 AM
Tosca's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Somewhere in the middle of the River Po Valley, Italy
Posts: 3,546
Caro,definitely. We've grown up together.:)
__________________
  #79  
Old 08-28-2005, 08:20 PM
monica17's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Little Baguio, Philippines
Posts: 820
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerlilly2005
the pic of the two little princesses is very sweet and cute!but the pics of the topless caroline is not good!how could she do that as a princess?
I guess Caroline wanted to be have a "normal" life at that time. Topless bathing was acceptable then, as it is now. She was young and wanted to blend in with her peers. She and Princess Grace had a lot of fights about her behavior, and Caroline supposedly told her mother that she didn't want her classmates/friends at school to think that she was conceited, that she was trying her best to have a normal life. Sadly, the papparazi didn't let her.

I personally think that there's nothing wrong with topless bathing. Nevertheless, when asked about her younger years, she said that when one is young, one is apt to make mistakes.

I heard somewhere that Caroline blames Stephanie for their mother's death. What absolute rubbish, especially since Caro cared for Steph at the hospital. I didn't know that info.

Michelle, what a sweet avatar! I love that pic of Caroline and Stephanie! :)
__________________
Monica17

Kindness is the magic elixir of love - The Practice of Kindness
  #80  
Old 08-30-2005, 06:02 PM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: LOUISVILLE, United States
Posts: 20
Sorry guys, but I am going to be totally superficial here. I like Caroline better because I think she has always been the beautiful sister. She has aged much, much, much, better than Stephanie, even though she is a few years older than Stephanie.
I do not know them personally, so I am not going to comment on their personalities because I would not have a clue.
__________________

__________________
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Additional Links
Popular Tags
birth charlene chris o'neill crown prince felipe crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit current events duchess of cambridge dutch royal history fashion grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta elena infanta sofia jewellery jordan kate middleton king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg nobility olympic games ottoman poland pom president hollande president komorowski prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince felipe prince floris prince pieter-christiaan princess anita princess beatrix princess charlene princess laurentien princess letizia princess mabel princess madeleine princess margriet princess mary princess mary fashion princess of asturias queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen paola queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit sweden visit wedding winter olympics 2014



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:17 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]